Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: The Taming of the Wu

Suffering from the bite he sustained, Wu becomes entangled in a surprising altercation that may land him in hot water.  After meeting the mysterious Bonaparte (Shaun Toub), Adalind is faced with a difficult decision that could change her and Nick's lives forever.  Meanwhile, Hank gets even closer to Zuri and their relationship begins to take shape.  Back at HW, Eve senses that a new force may jeopardize the entire operation.

Poor Wu, at least he knows what's wrong with him now. Fix him Rosalie. 

Diana is one creepy, scary kid! If her powers are so great why doesn't she wipe out Meisner and co.? Kill Julieve? She doesn't seem like a kid to me, more like a robot. I got skeeved out when she was talking in Sean's voice to Adalind.

the new Black Claw guy is creepy too. The Scooby gang has their work cut out for them! 

• Love 5

Shirtless Meisner for the win!  

I really liked the Wu storyline and I'm really worried about Hank.  I like Trubel so i was happy to see her show up and save Meisner.  I can't tell if Diana is evil or just a very powerful child acting on emotions...I pity anyone living with her when she reaches puberty.

I liked the fact that Adiland left a hidden message in the Dear Nick letter. It's always refreshing when a show avoids that mistaken understanding trope.

• Love 11

First thing is first, Sasha Roiz/Renard is a beautiful man...

Diana is a scary kid and I am worried about Kelly being around her..she wants her mommy..

Poor Wu, I hope they fix the issue soon

Enjoyed the Nick/Adalind scene but it looked like that baby was really crying. Nick looked like he just woke up while Adalind was perfectly coiffed.

I assume Diana is more powerful than Eve since she seemed to give Eve a headache and the way she said "you are not my mommy"...yeah creepy..

Pity we didn't see Bonaparte woge.  I don't understand his plan, he wants Nick on his side but essentially takes away his son to play happy family with Renard.  Are they going to imply that Kelly is Renards on the campaign trail, otherwise it will look a bit wierd..Adalind the loving wife/fiancée/girlfriend  with a few months old baby from another man?? 

Zuri is black claw, wonder if she is being blackmailed or if she just believes in the cause. Hank should be more suspicious, they just made love for the first time and she just wants to talk about Nick.

• Love 2

LOL the entire point of that first scene was to get Meisner's shirt off, like they're actively thinking of ways to justify in-show reasons for him not having a shirt at this point. Carry on, show.

K, back to watching. Will come back and comment further once the full measure of this week's shitfest has been completed. I can't wait, yaaaaaaaay.

(not gonna lie I thought we were about to finally find out the answer to wtf Meisner finally is, but apparently he's just a shirtless ninja.)

• Love 8

Hank should go in to cop mode and wonder why a woman who he hasn't seen in a long time magically returns. It seems a bit too good to be true. Given the reach of Black Claw, almost anyone who the Scooby Gang encounters should be checked out.

Diana was giving me the creeps. Almost in a Poltergeist way. Powerful little girl who knows how to wrap folks around her finger, almost literally.

I did appreciate Adalind coming clean and doing her best to be truthful and sincere. It did show a lot of growth for her. Fear is a very powerful emotion and at least she found a bit of courage. And the hidden message in the Dear Nick letter was a nice touch for her. The old Adalind, not so much. It was interesting that Eve-ilette could pick up on Diana's energy.

Poor Wu. How will the Portland police explain the stalking dude's killing? The 'our officer became this were/wu-wolf in a momentary lapse of whatever' may not work. Rosalee should start at Wesen consulting company. The spice shop just isn't bringing in the big bucks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Shirtless Meisner for the win!  

I really liked the Wu storyline and I'm really worried about Hank.  I like Trubel so i was happy to see her show up and save Meisner.  I can't tell if Diana is evil or just a very powerful child acting on emotions...I pity anyone living with her when she reaches puberty.

I liked the fact that Adiland left a hidden message in the Dear Nick letter. It's always refreshing when a show avoids that mistaken understanding trope.

Shirtless Meisner. I was like hello I'm not mad at that. I'm fine with shirtless ninja.

Diana is an impossibly powerful child who knows it. She's only going to get more monstrous as she ages. Someone needs to put her on the Julieve training regimen before she ends up like Juliette, but 10 times worse.

Let's hope that team Grimm/Hadrian's Wall starts watching each other's backs. Black Claw is coming at them from all sides.

I'm a little curious about Black Claw's ultimate plan. At first, it seemed like it was all about Wesen being able to live openly. But now that they are putting Renard in power and trying to recruit Nick, I wonder if this was more of a power grab and an attempt at regime change. Because it's a little ridiculous to act like Wesen (Wesen Council) and people in the know about the Wesen world (The Royals) weren't in power before.

• Love 2

If Diana had magical mentally-yelling-at-mommy powers, why wasn't she using them before this? Also, LOL at "you're not my mommy" HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHA QUEEN ROBOT THAT'S RIGHT!

Clearly I'm posting while watching.

OMG I loled at "My mom died when I was 12. Then I found her again. Then she died again a few months ago." No mention of, you know, WHO FREAKING MURDERED HER AND STUFFED HER HEAD IN A BOX, SHOW. Like from the way he just blew it off, you'd think she died peacefully in her sleep of a heart attack or something. Oh, show. It's cute how hard you try to give me cat scratch amnesia about these things.

• Love 4

That Wu is such a killer! Fun to have around in parties too!

Diana is creepy as hell, like something out of a horror movie.

Adalind stupidly writes a Dear John letter, forgetting the fact that her significant other is a Grimm, whose job is hunting things down and killing them!

• Love 1

It took this show 4 seasons to make the Royals as much of a clusterfuck as Black Claw has become in less than 1. The evolution of bad plotting, yo.

• Love 3

I can't tell you how much I hate children with superpowers, especially obnoxious children with superpowers. I hope Diana is gone in the near future. 

• Love 5

I think Diana is physically ten but emotionally two which makes her dangerous. I agree Wu was stupid not to stay with Monroe and Rosalee. I hope Nick doesn't have to use his Grimm abilities to stop him.

• Love 2

I want to think Zuri is being coerced via her younger brother's safety being threatened.  She was a nice physical therapist who wanted to avoid trouble and now she's Black Claw?  And why even bother with the Hank seduction when Bonaparte already said if Nick doesn't join, they'll kill him. 

• Love 2

I would like to think she's being coerced, but how did they find her and know her connection to Hank. Also why was that guy following Wu, are thy targeting Nicks circle and do they know that Wu is infected. 

I am looking forward to an explosion of hexenbeist activity.  I think once Adaline re-establishes her relationship with Diana that things could get really interesting.  I predict that Adaline and Diana will help bring down Black Claw, but Adaline will sacrifice herself in the process for Diana/Kelly/Nick.  Then Juliette will step in to help raise Diana and there we have the new Grimm family.  I also think that Black Claw wanted Kelly in order to try to force Nick to join them.

I, too, appreciated shirtless Meisner, and was also happy that Trubel was back.

I thought this episode was full of interesting storylines.  Poor Hank though, we haven't seen him in a relationship that wasn't all about Nick...

• Love 1

I noticed that Eve dropped the robotic demeanor and is speaking like Juliette. They should make her snap out of her persona by giving her a veterinary task to perform. The secret gov't organization staff always wear the same uniform. I thought the scene at Diana's guardians' was very effective because it fully clarified the past two years plus the current situation of where Diana appeared from. Lots of people were wondering what the goals of Meisner and Chavez are, and this at least provided the info that Meisner is still part of the resistance, although it doesn't explain if he is a magical or royal character. Maybe the same royals who work with wesen and killed his family are the ones who now are collaborating with black claw? Or ... a better idea is that the assassination of the King released some wesen leaders to start black claw, who otherwise were under control of the royals.

Also, it's a TV trope that secondary characters are sort of less dimensional because you'd have to cast extra characters, but they could make Hank and Wu look like they have lives on the side by showing, for example,  a scene where they have friends and family over visiting at the hospital and departing as the main characters arrive. I like Wu's prius. Hank keeps picking the wrong girlfriend. I guess with any police officer, you could establish that they are high stress personalities with many good points but hard to get along with due to all the crime they deal with.

By the way, they didn't show the outside shot yet but  the new black claw lair is probably filmed at a yellow historical house across the street from the 'Irvington club' in Portland, and it is across the street from another house used in the show in a previous season. I live in Portland and they had the universal studios trucks there for two weeks. I noticed that they provide a full budget for set designers to express their artistic vision, and it almost seems flippant to critique the logic flaws of a fantasy show instead of focusing on the work and thought that went into the sets that the characters are walking through.

For example, when they finally have a daytime shot of the house exterior, I noticed they brought in a whole hedge or shrubbery that isn't originally at the real house. The set designers must have just envisioned it with a hedge so they made it happen. They also probably cart in all sorts of furniture and modify the walls etc. I like that despite how many wesen have criminal tendencies, many of them are very successful- of course if you look at Adalind's law firm, maybe they can convert their skills into white collar crime.    Renard's political speech was pretty good - his style might work well in many cities, but real life Portland often picks their mayors based on who would be cool at a party

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 2

The way they got Meisner's shirt off was laughably gratuitous, but someone on the show is obviously reading this forum. 

I kind of liked this one as a whole because it moved the plot forward and wasn't clogged up with a Wesen of the Week story. On the other hand, this is the second time they've turned a human into a Wesen under convoluted circumstances and it's starting to feel really lazy and gimmicky. Wu will probably find some way to make his new transformation powers useful to Nick & Co. We don't need this - we've already got Monroe. 

I know a little Hexenbiest who needs a serious time-out.

• Love 4

Diana is a very scary kid and having her talk in Renard's voice was creepy but so was seeing her astral project herself to Adalind. Totally creepy.

Wu, well at least once he realized what was going on he decided to go to Rosalee.  Which is pretty much something I would do if I were living in the Grimm world. He didn't go to Nick but to the one friend who knows a thing or two about magic, curses, spells, Wesens, etc... that could probably help him the best. As of right now, IMO, Nick couldn't solve this if he even wanted too. 

• Love 1

Wait..so we have powerful Hexenbeist Adalind who is trumped by Super Special All Powerful Julieve, who is NOW trumped by....a prepubescent narcisstic HexenZauberbeist? When does it all end.? 

Still ill not buying all the "I missed you" stuff from Adalind, Renard and Diana, as she disappeared when she was a baby. Im wondering how she will react to Meisner when he catches up with her? I imagine if she can be switched from the dark side to the light, it would probably have more to do with Meisner than Adalind or Renard since I think Diana actually had a more honest bond with him. 

And Hank...finally gets a girlfriend- who is using him. And I'm shaking my head thinking "why, oh why, Hank? You are a good detective,,smart and intuitive...why?" Then I realized I actually know police officers IRL who are so in need of a relationship, they end up with "users" . More than a few times I've seen this result in a baby. So , please show, don't go THAT route. 

Oh, and when Diana went all creepy and Renard begged Adalind to "DO something!" I'm thinking , wow, you've got you're work cut out for you if you can't deal with your powerful daughter NOW. The teen years will be hell. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

It's funny that Wu knows to immediately go to Rosalee, but when Nick had a magical malady, he just went to a regular doctor, ran on a treadmill, and called it a day.

Wu should have called Rosalie right away when he found the scratch!

• Love 1

"The bad guy undresses the good guy during a fight" is a new one. I wonder if that came from the choreographer or if it was in the original script.

Trubel: "Sorry I'm late."

The secret message to Nick from Adalind went by too fast for my eyes to focus-- did it say "I'm protecting you"?

Hank's girlfriend can't stay around forever because the actress has a lead role on "Recovery Road" on "Freeform (formerly ABCFamily)" (unless that show got cancelled). I had been hoping she would be on the up and up and be able to join the gang, because I liked the character. If she's being manipulated, and is not a willing participant, I'd think she would have been able to come up with a way to get a hint to Hank so he could get help. But the show is very committed to women using their sexuality to overpower the males, and Rosalee seems to be the only allowed exception.

If nothing else, Wu could be cured by the magic splinter, right? But the splinter wasn't in the previouslies, so I knew it wouldn't happen this week.

With the number of wesen in Portland, you'd think Rosalee would have a very busy shop. I wonder if there are other wesen pharmacies around the city, and if so then I would enjoy seeing Rosalee network with some of them to see if any of them have seen what Wu is dealing with before. I liked it when they used to have a whole world-- like when Bud brought them to the eisbieber lodge and everyone knew who they were. I don't necessarily want to see a parade of wacky cure attempts, but it just seems like it would be one of those interesting cases that would make the wesen medicine rounds.

I don't think they will kill Adalind, because I think they've been very committed to keeping Claire C on the show. But I definitely think that something messy and explosive is coming... probably for a cliffhanger at end of season.

• Love 1

Of course, Zuri ends up being part of Black Claw.  Should have known Hank or really anyone on this show, could only be happy for too long.  Even if it ends up being because she is being forced to, I have a feeling this will end tragically for poor Hank.

Glad all the Wu stuff is finally out it the open.  Took him longer then I would like (he should have gone to Rosalee as soon as it started or, at the very least, after he pulled that hair/fur out of his mouth), but better late then never, I guess.  But the whole "I guess I need to learn on my own!" scene makes no sense.  This is a minor condition, Wu.  People can die.  I get wanting to learn to live with it, but maybe have Rosalee and Monroe keep an eye on you for the first few weeks or so.

After being threatened enough, Adalind takes Kelly, and officially joins Team Renard, in order to protect Nick from Black Claw.  And Diana.  Because Diana is creeping me the fuck out.  That little girl would so ice Nick, without blinking.  But I can't wait to laugh at this campaign story some more.  Renard revealing he had a secret child this whole time would actually hurt his campaign; not help it.

Glad to see Trubel and Meisner again.  Although Meisner hilariously losing his shirt in the fight has got to be the silliest way to fill their eye-candy quota.  They would have been better off just having him randomly take it off before the fight starts.

Eve does seem to be acting a bit more like Juliette now...

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

Okay, so Wu is like, "I'm not going to stay with the people who can handle magical stuff but instead try to control something in which I GO INTO A BLACKOUT AND KILL PEOPLE and I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONTROL YET."

Yeah, this makes no sense whatsoever. This is not the time to assert your rugged individualism, Wu!

3 hours ago, neuromom said:

Still ill not buying all the "I missed you" stuff from Adalind, Renard and Diana, as she disappeared when she was a baby. Im wondering how she will react to Meisner when he catches up with her? I imagine if she can be switched from the dark side to the light, it would probably have more to do with Meisner than Adalind or Renard since I think Diana actually had a more honest bond with him.

I'm also curious about Meisner's reaction to her. Would he be reluctant to kill her? Possibly, though he might do it anyway, if he felt it was necessary.

52 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Glad to see Trubel and Meisner again.  Although Meisner hilariously losing his shirt in the fight has got to be the silliest way to fill their eye-candy quota.  They would have been better off just having him randomly take it off before the fight starts.

Yeah, but now has a reason to take it off before all future fights: shirts can be used against you ;-)

Edited by tpel
  • Love 1

Not even George Clooney could rock the Caesar cut! 

How tall is Sasha Roiz (sp?)? When he left Demon-seed Diane's bedroom, it looked as if his head almost reached the top of the doorjamb.

i don't understand either why it would help a candidate to have a child out of wedlock with a woman living with another man by whom she had another child out of wedlock, said woman then leaving that guy to hook up with the candidate again.

• Love 3

Great to see Trubel back, the show gets better when she's in it.  I'm even kind of liking Eve-iette now.  And I have now dubbed Wu the WereWu.  But the whole Diana plot which goes back to the royals is just so half-baked and stupid.  Grimm would have been so much of a better show if they had never introduced that whole story arc, it's just bad soap opera.  Plus I have always hated the star child/god child trope.  I don't know anyone who has ever liked it, so I don't know why they keep bringing it back.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2

Bonaparte and his trappings are too much like Royals revisited.  I don't know why they wouldn't portray this uprising group as different than the elites.  More ruffian, grassroots, etc.  Power to the people type stuff.  Their leader should be either more charismatic, or more shrouded.  I also don't know why they need Zuri to seduce Hank to ?? do what to Nick?  They can go directly at either Hank or Nick, skip the seductress, as possibilities alluded to above. 

I was happy to see Trubel back as well, they have prettied her up, too, what's up with Hadrian's Wall and the glam makeup?

Where's Bud?

• Love 2

It is possible that Diana went along peacefully with her Black Claw abductors because she knew (mystically or otherwise) that they were bringing her where she wanted to be: in closer proximity to her mother.

Before Bonaparte, they had a more scruffy, grassroots kind of Black Claw leader. Unfortunately, he was the opposite of charismatic.

• Love 1

Am I misremembering or wasn't Diana literally a baby when she was kidnapped? Shouldn't she be two or so now? I can appreciate that hexenbeists might have accelerated growth, which is why Adalind wasn't shocked at how old she was. Yes, she said "look how big you are!" but that's SOP for mothers who have seen their child for even a little while. It might have been nice if there had been a bit of an explanation,"I can't believe you're almost seven in hexenbeist years!" But accelerated growth or not..why would Diana have even recognized Adalind or Renard as being her parents, no less missed them so much? Did the Black Claw show her photos every day and coach her into missing these people she hardly knows? Has she always had a "beist" connection to them, and if so why has she waited until now to use it? 

I really don't care for the child they cast. She looks too evil, somehow..even without the purple glowy eyes. I would have preferred a more innocent looking child. But I admit she does look like she could be Adalind's daughter.  Kid's probably going to be type cast in horror movies for the rest of her childhood. 

The rest of the episode was good. I even liked Eve, whose Juliet was showing. But the Diana questions were distracting for me. 

7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Not even George Clooney could rock the Caesar cut! 

How tall is Sasha Roiz (sp?)? When he left Demon-seed Diane's bedroom, it looked as if his head almost reached the top of the doorjamb.

i don't understand either why it would help a candidate to have a child out of wedlock with a woman living with another man by whom she had another child out of wedlock, said woman then leaving that guy to hook up with the candidate again.

My sexy pants Renard/SR is six feet and four inches tall.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

3 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

Am I misremembering or wasn't Diana literally a baby when she was kidnapped? Shouldn't she be two or so now? I can appreciate that hexenbeists might have accelerated growth, which is why Adalind wasn't shocked at how old she was. Yes, she said "look how big you are!" but that's SOP for mothers who have seen their child for even a little while. It might have been nice if there had been a bit of an explanation,"I can't believe you're almost seven in hexenbeist years!" But accelerated growth or not..why would Diana have even recognized Adalind or Renard as being her parents, no less missed them so much? Did the Black Claw show her photos every day and coach her into missing these people she hardly knows? Has she always had a "beist" connection to them, and if so why has she waited until now to use it? 

I really don't care for the child they cast. She looks too evil, somehow..even without the purple glowy eyes. I would have preferred a more innocent looking child. But I admit she does look like she could be Adalind's daughter.  Kid's probably going to be type cast in horror movies for the rest of her childhood. 

The rest of the episode was good. I even liked Eve, whose Juliet was showing. But the Diana questions were distracting for me. 

Diana was not kidnapped, Renard gave her to Kelly to keep Adalind and the Royal's from using the child.

Diana and Kelly Jr. baby stories should have never happened in the first place!

21 hours ago, GaT said:

I can't tell you how much I hate children with superpowers, especially obnoxious children with superpowers. I hope Diana is gone in the near future. 

Maybe Diane (from black-ish) could cut her down  Lily (from Modern Family) could provide commentary.  And Trixie (from Lucifer) could show up just to be cute.  All three are much better than Diana.

16 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I am looking forward to an explosion of hexenbeist activity.  I think once Adaline re-establishes her relationship with Diana that things could get really interesting.  I predict that Adaline and Diana will help bring down Black Claw, but Adaline will sacrifice herself in the process for Diana/Kelly/Nick.  Then Juliette will step in to help raise Diana and there we have the new Grimm family...

Ugh -- I hope not.  I'd much rather JuliEve sacrifices herself and Adalind (better character and much better actress) lives on.

• Love 1

Every time a new Black Claw leader shows up, Black Claw suddenly has a completely different motive and reason for existing. Originally, when we met them, they were rioting around town, wrecking businesses and generally being asses to Wesen who were too friendly with humans. Seemed like their main goal was Wesen first, everyone else can suck it. Rosalee and Monroe were freaking out because of their association with Nick, I believe Bud was generally trippin as he does, good times were being had. Then there was the episode with the stupid Lost Boys kids, and at the end they got indoctrinated into some giant Black Claw facility and we were like "Ooh, this could be a THING (but srsly how irresponsibly Rosalee and Renard, even still) but ooh a THING" and it seemed like maybe there was potential there even though we knew it was going to be squandered, we could totally still delude ourselves since it was early on so it was fine. 

Then all of the sudden Trubel shows up on a Very Cool Motorcycle, and HW becomes a thing, and everyone gets stuffed in a warehouse, and RoboWig happens, and everything falls apart, and the next thing we know Black Claw has become Royals 2.0, Portland Takes Over The World Edition. Because of course. Except this time, we're starting out with some rando terrorist guy that everyone has to chase around the city, as one does. This is the point where we find out that Black Claw is doing terrorist uprising things in all the places EVERYWHERE and this one guy was there. So we're meant to think, at that point, that maybe this guy was important, so Black Claw is now some sort of worldwide terrorist organization. Except no.

Because that guy is dead, and now Black Claw is actually a group of political organizers who really just wanted the mayoral seat in Portland, like REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. K. I believe you.

Except this week, we've got this new guy, who may as well be left over from the Royals plot, plus all this Wesen law firm crap which can get the hell off my screen immediately, and magical babies. So perhaps Diana is in charge of Black Claw, and she started the whole thing just so she could find her mommy? Sounds legit. Or am I jumping ahead a week? Seriously, what happened to the Lost Boys kids, again?

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Diana was not kidnapped, Renard gave her to Kelly to keep Adalind and the Royal's from using the child.

But the Scooby Gang did kidnap Diana from Adalind. 

I don't understand how Diana is meant to be this all powerful hexenbeist - Trubel said 'a hexenbeist, a zauberbeist and their kid, it's pretty intense'. I thought that would be common, they are the same species and we've been shown time and again that Wesens couple and reproduce within the same species, they made such a big deal about Monroe and Rosalie marrying across species and then getting death threats about it. So I don't know why Diana would be anymore powerful than any other child of two witches. If anything you'd think she'd be less powerful than the average hexenbeist/zauerbiest considering Renard is only half Wesen so therefore Diana is only three quarters Wesen. 

Edited by Save Yourself
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Save Yourself said:

Yes, they did. 

16 minutes ago, Save Yourself said:

So I don't know why Diana would be anymore powerful than any other child of two witches. If anything you'd think she'd be less powerful than the average hexenbeist/zauerbiest considering Renard is only half Wesen so therefore Diana is only three quarters Wesen.

Well, that would make a lot of sense.  Renard was never a powerful zauerbiest, and Adalind is a failed hexenbiest.  Their offspring should have been a mediocre biest.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, spaulding said:

Well, that would make a lot of sense.  Renard was never a powerful zauerbiest, and Adalind is a failed hexenbiest.  Their offspring should have been a mediocre biest.

Failzenbiest, I summon thee!

• Love 5

And Hank...finally gets a girlfriend- who is using him. And I'm shaking my head thinking "why, oh why, Hank? You are a good detective,,smart and intuitive...why?" Then I realized I actually know police officers IRL who are so in need of a relationship, they end up with "users" .

Hank has a long tradition of picking the wrong person to date. In season 1, we learned he had been married 3 times and that was before people started using him to get to a Grimm.

Although Meisner hilariously losing his shirt in the fight has got to be the silliest way to fill their eye-candy quota.  They would have been better off just having him randomly take it off before the fight starts.

I swear I could hear Alen Rickman's character from "Galaxy Quest" saying "I see you managed to get your shirt off" (one of his character's complaints about the William Shatner-like character is he was always losing his shirt during fights on the show). 

I'm happy to buy any reason they use to get Meisner's shirt off. 

If they wanted Diana to be able to project herself to her mother, they should have had her haunting Adalind for a while. The writers need to be careful with what they do with Diana because nobody wants to see a little girl, even a demon little girl, being beaten up. She needs to stop being evil and scary. Maybe she can just bight Trouble and become a real girl (I'm going to just go along and assume that Nick's Grimm blood won't de-hexenbiest her because Adalind was pregnant with Diana when she lost and regained her powers).

If Renard so wanted to protect Diana from the Royal's that he gave her away to Kelly, why is he so fine with her being used by Black Claw now? 

We keep getting more powerful Hexenbiest's. i'm getting afraid that baby Kelly is suddenly going to develop powers and save the day. He's going to end up being Jack-jack from The Incredibles. I pity the babysitters.

Well, I can already see what kind of dad Renard is going to be after witnessing him with Diana for all of thirty seconds. She starts going all purple eyed (which is nothing compared to the way Marlena went all green eyed when she was possessed on Days of Our Lives) and having a magical temper tantrum and daddy's reaction is to turn to Adalind and say, "Do something!"

Hank, you need to start thinking with Big Hank instead of Little Hank. When you are still basking in the afterglow and your girlfriend only wants to talk about your BFF, there is something going on and it's nothing good.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think baby Kelly will just be a Grimm, as of right now he's just a normal baby with no special powers.  I also think Adalind should have left him with Nick because I don't think he's safe with her. Black claw has access to him and I still don't think Diana will like sharing her mommys attention  

As for Diana, she needs to be sent away. Right now she seems like a powerful little girl who could throw a hell of a temper tantrum.  I thought Trubels comment was wierd also, Diana isn't a hexenzauberbiest, she's just a hexenbiest and the expected offspring of Adalind and Renard. She's extra powerful because of the spells Adalind did when she was pregnant with her.  Anyway I still think she's evil but they can't kill her so she has to be sent away. 

I'm also still wondering how the campaign will explain baby Kelly since he's attached at Adalinds hip.  I don't see her letting him out of her sight.  I wonder if they are going to pass him off as Renards. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 2

Dude right? Let's be real, magical show or not, when your girl only wants to ask about another dude when she's in bed with you, BAIL BAIL BAIL.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Lii said:

"Because that guy is dead, and now Black Claw is actually a group of political organizers who really just wanted the mayoral seat in Portland, like REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. K. I believe you.

"

well - you have to conclude that Portland is the strategic center that is optimal for wesen to take control of, because the town is mostly filled with  muggles or normal people who never catch on, no matter how many strange crime events occur. They are just clueless. That is why there are already so many wesen in Portland.

I did notice that the new black claw house owned by Bonaparte is not in the HW database. HW has a lot of photos in their database so clearly the FBI set them up very well. But the new big bad guy is off their radar.

(edited)
14 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

Am I misremembering or wasn't Diana literally a baby when she was kidnapped? Shouldn't she be two or so now? I can appreciate that hexenbeists might have accelerated growth, which is why Adalind wasn't shocked at how old she was. Yes, she said "look how big you are!" but that's SOP for mothers who have seen their child for even a little while.

They fucked up their own timeline because of the Christmas episode, so she should either be 2ish or three and a half ish, depending on which route you go. The actress playing Diana looks to me like believable between 6-8. Since they haven't addressed the numbers game (if they're doing an "age up" or a "hexenbiests age differently") I might believe it that the producers wanted me to buy her as 4, even though visually it's a bit preposterous. This is just based on my level of faith in the production team's logic.

Also has it just been that long since anyone on the show pronounced Adalind's last name outloud? Lawyer boss clearly said "Shade" but I thought we'd previously heard it pronounce more German-sounding "Schade". Did I imagine that? Or does she doing a double-life thing lawyering with an Americanized pronounciation but in magical circles going the other way? Which then begs the question, since the firm is clearly Wesen, and the client is BC, why wouldn't they pronounce it as the latter...unless it's just...not all the lawyering they do is in that community so if her lawyer name is to go with the former they just stick that way at work. I am putting way too much thought into this but it distracted me.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

Yes - when she is talking to europeans, they sometimes say 'Scha-da" (which means 'terrible' in german), but she anglicizes it in the US. It's a good thing her last name isn't Koch - nobody can pronounce that. Coke. cotch.

• Love 1

Also has it just been that long since anyone on the show pronounced Adalind's last name outloud? Lawyer boss clearly said "Shade" but I thought we'd previously heard it pronounce more German-sounding "Schade".

Maybe her boss just never gets her name right. Sometimes, you tell people your name and it just alludes them. Especially, if it is close to another name they are more used to. My mom has had a best friend my entire life who always get my first and last name wrong. I just run with it. 

I actually think it's weird that more people don't mess up names in TV land. It's so common in the real world. Surely, the name Adalind must trip up a few people the first time they are introduced - "Linda, Alinda, Adally...what did you say your name was?". 

9 hours ago, Save Yourself said:

I don't understand how Diana is meant to be this all powerful hexenbeist - Trubel said 'a hexenbeist, a zauberbeist and their kid, it's pretty intense'. I thought that would be common, they are the same species and we've been shown time and again that Wesens couple and reproduce within the same species, they made such a big deal about Monroe and Rosalie marrying across species and then getting death threats about it. So I don't know why Diana would be anymore powerful than any other child of two witches. If anything you'd think she'd be less powerful than the average hexenbeist/zauerbiest considering Renard is only half Wesen so therefore Diana is only three quarters Wesen. 

I disagree.  Adalind SOLD Diana to the Royal's in order to regain her powers and then reneged on the deal and ran off with the baby.  Viktor threatened to kill Renard and his mother if he did not hand over the baby which Adalind SOLD to the Royal's.  Renard, Kelly and the Scooby gang snatched Diana back from Viktor and since Adalind had already SOLD the baby in the first place, the father (Renard) decided that Adalind would use the child and gave her over to Kelly for protection.

Adalind stole Eric and Sean's sperm for the sole purpose of SELLING her baby in order to regain her powers and was in on Frau Pech being murdered for her heart and blood.  Adalind may have regained her powers, but Diana should have died at birth and we could move away from all of this baby drama.

• Love 2
On 4/30/2016 at 8:58 AM, neuromom said:

Wait..so we have powerful Hexenbeist Adalind who is trumped by Super Special All Powerful Julieve, who is NOW trumped by....a prepubescent narcisstic HexenZauberbeist? When does it all end.? 

No, Adalind is not super powerful.  Adalind is average.  Here is how it goes.

Adalind...
Diana..who is incredibly powerful
Elizabeth...who is incredibly powerful
Henrietta...who is incredibly powerful
Juliette/Eve...who is incredibly powerful

Adalind was never painted to be anything more than just a plain old, run of the mill hexenbiest.

Heh...maybe being average IS Adalind's superpower!  It is the thing that makes her unique!

Anyone else notice the pictures on the wall of Diana's bedroom in the safe house, presumably drawn by her? One of them was a rocket ship; one was a woged hexenbiest (looked like Adalind); the third was a woman holding hands with a girl and nearby there is some kind of animal. At first I thought the last one might be a representation of her and her mother, but as both figures in the picture had dark hair, it might not be. There was also a Grimm fairy tales book on Diana's bed, with a picture on the cover of a girl and a wolf, so perhaps the last picture was related to this. The levels of drawing skill are quite different, with the third picture looking like it was done by a young child, and the hexenbiest looking like it was done by a talented tween. Makes sense if she is rapidly aging. The woged-Adalind picture shows that her mom is on her mind, and that either she remembers what she looks like woged from seeing her do it when Diana was an infant, or she had some telepathic awareness of her mother even before Black Claw grabbed her.