Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Someone That I Used To Know

It's also canon that Bonnie was the only one who held a grudge about those things. Hell, she was angry at Damon for snapping Jeremy's neck for longer than Elena - and Jeremy is both Elena's brother and her only living family member. In fact, I' m pretty sure Jeremy got over it before Bonnie did.

I think Damon is a pretty mixed bag at the best of times and that bag is mostly full of shit .  BUT over the course of several years, Damon has pulled his weight to keep people that Bonnie cares about safe. Enzo has repeatedly betrayed those same people for one dumb  f*ing reason after another and he's never made the kinds of sacrifices for the people that Bonnie loves (or for Bonnie) that Damon has made (generally for selfish reasons but he's done it) 

• Love 1

I don't think (and didnt say) that her blind loyalty is a strength; it's unhealthy to be self-sacrificing to that degree. It's just one of the only consistent character traits they've given her.

So far as I can tell, Bonnie,s (justifuably) antagonistic feelings towards Damon were related to all of the things you listed, I merely referenced him breaking Jeremy's neck because that (and the complete lack of fallout from it) has as always bothered me.

She's not dating Enzo in defiance of anything. He hasn't just betrayed her friends, he's betrayed her too. He's Damonlite without any of the (admittedly few) virtues that Damon has shown.  She's been paired with him because he's convenient and the writers don't care enough to give her a decent romantic partner or storyline.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
(edited)

So when Enzo offered to help Damon/Bonnie and then knocked her out and locked Damon in with Tyler - that wasn't a betrayal?

Not only has he betrayed all of them - repeatedly for stupid reasons, he's never done anything to offset those betrayals. Without comparing Bonnie/Enzo to any other VD relationship, it's still underdeveloped crap. They didn't do anything to repair Enzo before sticking him with Bonnie. A creepy isolation romance with someone he punched in the face after his most recent pointless betrayal doesn't do anything for me. 

But it's nice that there are people who are enjoying it and find it worthwhile - different strokes

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1