Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation: Our Turn for the Plasma Clicker

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Katy M said:
1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

Cynic that I am, I think that this upcoming episode will use 20-30% canned footage from previous years, saving the producers many dollars in production costs. 

(They have done this  before)

I'm hoping against hope that this is NOT going to be a clip show.  I'd be OK, actually I think I would even like it, if they have a 3-4 minute montage at the end.  But, please don't make me sit through clip after clip during the show.

I bet they have enough stock footage of excited Abby saying "Gibbs! Gibbs! Gibbs!" to cobble together to fill the fortyhowevermany minutes of an episode.  I propose that that is the worst possible happening.  

So, Abby fans, it can only get better than that.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Cynic that I am, I think that this upcoming episode will use 20-30% canned footage from previous years, saving the producers many dollars in production costs. 

(They have done this  before)

I would actually be more surprised if they *didn't* do that, than if they did.

I'm not sure where best to place this post, but in old episodes I've watched in the past weeks there were two that featured lines that still have me laughing, and I can't recall any that made me laugh in the past few seasons. 

The first was an early episode where the bad guy ends up being a woman who Gibbs was putting the moves on, and they caught her as a result of the cigarettes she'd been smoking. They were in the basement and he was showing her how to sand the boat, leaning against her, and he said, "Feel the wood. You can't get that result from a power tool." Gibbs may be a man of few words, but when he does speak up, I like it.

The second was the episode where Ari gets killed, and he's talking to Fornell trying to get information and asks him if he's lying. Fornell says all of the agencies lie to each other, then said, "I don't know who you lie to, since you're at the bottom of the ladder of armed federal agents, and you aren't married." Early days, and he and Fornell were already great together.

• Love 6

I hate this turn of events.  I absolutely hate it.  Not only can I not stand the character of Ziva, I think this is horribly unfair to Emily Wickersham, and it puts her in a no-win situation for an entire summer.  There are already calls from some segments of the fandom for Cote to return full-time.  For the love of God, please NO!

This is going to turn into another freakin' circus, and I think Emily's going to bear the brunt of what will undoubtedly come.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

I hate this turn of events.  I absolutely hate it.  Not only can I not stand the character of Ziva, I think this is horribly unfair to Emily Wickersham, and it puts her in a no-win situation for an entire summer.  There are already calls from some segments of the fandom for Cote to return full-time.  For the love of God, please NO!

This is going to turn into another freakin' circus, and I think Emily's going to bear the brunt of what will undoubtedly come.

That's cause the Ziva fans forget how the actress up and quit the show last minute, and only filmed the goodbye scenes cause she was under contract.  Apparently the producers forgot as well.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's cause the Ziva fans forget how the actress up and quit the show last minute, and only filmed the goodbye scenes cause she was under contract.  Apparently the producers forgot as well.

There must have been a mending of fences somewhere.  Had to be for this to occur.

I read on TVLine that the producers went to great lengths to keep everything a secret.  I hope that they have at least met with Emily and have told her they support her.  If this is a guest gig for Cote, that would be ideal.  If the show keeps both Emily and Cote, I can live with that, but if Emily gets pushed out, I'll be upset.  We're now stuck with Ziva.  It now remains to be seen how stuck we're going to actually be.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

5 hours ago, Ohmo said:

There must have been a mending of fences somewhere.  Had to be for this to occur.

Well. Glasberg's dead. And it was with him that they "couldn't reach a negotiation" or whatever statement he had released.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well. Glasberg's dead. And it was with him that they "couldn't reach a negotiation" or whatever statement he had released.

Has that ever been confirmed?  That it was Gary who had an issue with Cote (or Cote that had an issue with Gary)?  Everything surrounding her departure had always been in the "fuzzy rumor" category.  At least everything that I read.

I don't think anything ever really got confirmed. Everyone was very, very tight-lipped about the whole thing. I've always thought she had something going on in her personal life because she didn't immediately move on to a whole bunch of other projects either. I think she did some sort of miniseries right after but she's pretty much been off the radar since then. I did see something in TV Guide though about her and Michael developing some sort of series for CBS though. Producing, not acting in.

On 5/22/2019 at 7:18 AM, Ohmo said:

If the show keeps both Emily and Cote, I can live with that, but if Emily gets pushed out, I'll be upset.

Maybe McGee is on his way out. There have been enough hints of him looking at less demanding jobs, now that he's a father. Ziva could fill his space until they hire another man (knowing this show) and could knock some manners into Torres in the meantime.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ForReal said:

Ziva could fill his space until they hire another man (knowing this show) and could knock some manners into Torres

I would miss McGee, but Ziva knocking manners into Torres would be fun to watch.

• Love 3

So, I really haven’t watched regularly since Ziva left. Emily and all others weren’t working for me after a handful of episodes. I liked Ziva 70% of the time over her run, so I am a fan. 

It feels like they’ve made a point of Emily being the driver of wanting to know more about Ziva. That to me, after all these years away, means they value Emily as a character. They aren’t looking to replace her. 

I think there will be a bonding moment next season meant to confirm fandom from Ziva to Emily.

regardless, I don’t see Ziva back full time , I don’t see Emily being gone. My optimistic view/hope is that Ziva can repair relationships/be quick mentor to Emily in the 1 or two episodes she’s around, and we know she and her family (Tony/Talia). are safe even if we don’t see them.  

And if it leads to popping up here/there in an episode going forward, I’d love it, but would not need/expect it. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pennben said:

So, I really haven’t watched regularly since Ziva left. Emily and all others weren’t working for me after a handful of episodes. I liked Ziva 70% of the time over her run, so I am a fan. 

It feels like they’ve made a point of Emily being the driver of wanting to know more about Ziva. That to me, after all these years away, means they value Emily as a character. They aren’t looking to replace her. 

I think there will be a bonding moment next season meant to confirm fandom from Ziva to Emily.

regardless, I don’t see Ziva back full time , I don’t see Emily being gone. My optimistic view/hope is that Ziva can repair relationships/be quick mentor to Emily in the 1 or two episodes she’s around, and we know she and her family (Tony/Talia). are safe even if we don’t see them.  

And if it leads to popping up here/there in an episode going forward, I’d love it, but would not need/expect it. 

Emily is Fornell's daughter.  Ellie Bishop is the agent to whom Ziva sent the note.

13 hours ago, kassygreene said:

Emily is Fornell's daughter.  Ellie Bishop is the agent to whom Ziva sent the note.

The original post used the name Emily Wickersham, which is the real name of the actress who plays Bishop. I think it got a little confusing, as Fornell's daughter named Emily has nothing to do with the Bishop/Ziva connection.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, pennben said:

I don’t see Ziva back full time , I don’t see Ellie being gone. My optimistic view/hope is that Ziva can repair relationships/be quick mentor to Ellie in the 1 or two episodes she’s around, and we know she and her family (Tony/Talia). are safe even if we don’t see them.  

It's either this or the show needs to be renamed NCIS: Gibbs should be checked for a brain tumor 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1