Type keyword(s) to search

Past Episodes Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

From S02.E05 please see the forum for episode topics.

I dunno guys- Lobo feels like an odd fit for this show. Practically everyone on Krypton come off as super serious statesmen types, making important sounding proclamations about “strength” or “passion” or whatever in their posh RP accents. Lobo, makeup and costume notwithstanding, seems like an escapee from pirate weekend at the Ren Faire. It just feels so very disconnected from the main story. It doesn’t help that they’ve stuck Seg, Adam, and Lobo in the same Vancouver forest preserve that all Syfy shows use for their “exotic foreign planets.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

Lobo is from the planet where both Seg and Adam landed separately in the first episode of the season. It’s also the home world of the civilization that created Brainiac.

They’re on Brainiac’s homeworld (Colu)- Lobo should be from a different planet called Czarnia. Regardless, it looks like the same Canadian woods where they’ve shot exteriors for Killjoys. And Dark Matter. And Defiance. And Being Human. And...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chyromaniac said:

They’re on Brainiac’s homeworld (Colu)- Lobo should be from a different planet called Czarnia. Regardless, it looks like the same Canadian woods where they’ve shot exteriors for Killjoys. And Dark Matter. And Defiance. And Being Human. And...

I don't think it's the same woods, since they primarily film in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

• Love 2

What the heck?  Did my local cable channel cut out a scene? Before commercial, Lobo's upper half is advancing on Adam and Seg, and the next thing I see (after Jayna and Dev's scene) is our heroes popping out of the Zeta Beam back on Krypton.

And did we really need scene after scene inside Seg's brain?  This episode seemed to drag on forever with very little advancement of the story.

This was pretty much a wasted episode for me.

(edited)

The story is that Seg was fighting to the “death” with Brainac for control and inside Seg’s mind was where it was happening. Seg realized that if Brainac could use Seg’s memories against Seg, Seg could do the exact same thing and find Brianac’s weaknesses in Braniac’s memories to defeat him.

Which is what happened after the green cord or vines attached themselves to Seg. Once Brainac has been eliminated, then Seg was able to get up tearing out the goo, wires, cords, whatever those were, and Adam used his device to get them back onto Krypton.

Point is Seg’s now in a position to subvert everything Zod’s been up to. After all Seg-El is a revered hero thought dead but isn’t. 

Edited by theschnauzers
typos
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

I got confused with Dev and Jayna. Why was he unconscious in the snow? They're not going to get together, are they? Because that would be kind of creepy.

There was a bottle in the snow beside Dev's hand so I think he got drunk for some reason.  I FF'd through parts of the show because it was so boring so I don't really know what's going on with those two.

• Love 1

I knew as soon as the resistance mentioned that their plan could hurt tons of troops that were conscripted and probably dont want to be doing this that we might see Kem again, and now low and behold! This is going to get all kinds of messy.

Lobo regenerating was super nasty, especially when he started scrambling at Adam with his the top of his body while his hands were coming back again. Some good effects, but this certainly wont be the last we see of his cracked out ass. 

So Zod using Seg as a posthumous hero and symbol of his crusade might be about to backfire on him now that he is back on the planet. Seg taking Braniacs memories to get him out of his head was a pretty good idea, so now he isnt in his head anymore, or he is in control, if I understand right? A lot was happening.

9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Seg taking Braniacs memories to get him out of his head was a pretty good idea, so now he isnt in his head anymore, or he is in control, if I understand right? A lot was happening.

Yes, my impression was that Seg used Brainiac's memories to find out how the Magic White Dentist Chair worked, and then used it to effectively pull Brainiac out of himself, leaving him to Lobo's tender mercies. So, so far as the show has told us Seg should just be Seg now.

The possibility that Brainiac could infect Lobo leaves me terrified.

• Love 2
On 6/27/2019 at 5:51 PM, cdnalor said:

What the heck?  Did my local cable channel cut out a scene? Before commercial, Lobo's upper half is advancing on Adam and Seg, and the next thing I see (after Jayna and Dev's scene) is our heroes popping out of the Zeta Beam back on Krypton.

And did we really need scene after scene inside Seg's brain?  This episode seemed to drag on forever with very little advancement of the story.

This was pretty much a wasted episode for me.

The same thing happened to me so I logged into Syfy and watched the missing scene there. Turns out the missing scene was actually the climax of the entire episode! WTH?! Why would someone choose to edit that scene and not any of the others?

Back to the show as a whole...This was my first time visiting this thread after The Great Reorganization so I reread the entire thread again, and I'm still in agreement with my post from last year. I really want to like this show. The costumes, sets, major plot points, and, acting are good, but the dialogue within each episode is so inane.

How on earth can a show make a crazy space pirate like Lobo boring?! This show can which is depressing.

Finally, Adam Strange has about three times the dialogue he should have. Here's a typical exchange:

Kryptonian: I have an idea

Strange: That's terrible.

Kryptonian: Okay. Here's another idea.

Strange: That's also terrible.

Kryptonian: Okay.

Strange: <obnoxious joke using Earth-specific humor>

I understand that Strange is supposed to be the proverbial "coward trying to do the right thing for once", but can the writers either drop the "Debby Downer attitude" or the obnoxious jokes? Having both delivered constantly by a single character is too much.

Because I don't like ending posts on a down note, I watched Cameron Cluffe on Fatman Beyond (YouTube link above) and his summary made the show sound amazing! That's the show I want to watch!

• Love 2

I kind of suspected that Lyta was brainwashed, but honestly it was kind of hard to tell sometimes. Normally that would be a cop out to me, but considering this tech has already been established, it kind of worked for me here. 

Been an interesting season so far. 

• Love 1

I'm only up to episode 3, so I'm trying my best to stay away from spoilers.  Heck, I shouldn't even be in here to tempt me.

Anyway, DAMN, this shit is good!

The episodes are fascinating, exciting, well written AND well acted.  Kudos to the whole production team for exceeding my expectations for season 2.  I'm just in awe of the chemistry between the actors who play Seg & Adam.  They've got their act down pat and have great timing.  Even the small Abbott & Costello "Birthed" routine was funny.  These guys are fun when they get to play off each other.

Now, in S1 I was kind of fascinated by Nyssa and admired her gumption to manipulate her father to choose Seg for her to be bound to. Aggressive, which kind of made her sexy.  Lyta seemed too regimented for Seg's sort of free spirit.  So I was hoping Seg and Nyssa would hook up, especially with Cor-Vex in the picture.  I knew Lyta was brainwashed by her actions. It was almost cultish, the way she behaved.  She was even more regimented; then they showed the brainwashing process, and that clearly pointed to Lyta.  Then she started seeing Seg's face and I thought her old self was trying to break through.  So, her struggle will be interesting.  When Zod handed Cor-Vex to Lyta, I yelled, "Hell No!!  Don't you f**king hand that baby over to Lyta!"  Then Zod started his manipulation spiel, "You'll have a piece of Seg...yada, yada". He should've been kicked in the nards for what he had just done.

But now, the writers are screwing with me, by making Nyssa act as a double agent.  I could understand her actions since they DO have Cor-Vex, but I will be surely pissed if Nyssa's feelings about Cor-Vex are just a sham; a tool to be used for whatever purpose.  If that's her real self, then she's off the table and I don't give a shit what happens to her.