Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Demons

For me, not the right time in the season for a 'fun' episode. I think I can give up on the show exploring and fleshing out the COL/AI more. (Unless this plot pours over into next season--which would be a first.) It is what it is, I guess. They better double down on theses last 4 eps. Anyone else notice how they're just plowing through the COL conversions? Arkadia--done. Polis--done.

• Love 1

Sooo. . . is Bellamy's redemption arc over? Octavia didn't plant a machete between his eyes when she saw the spot where Lincoln was executed and everybody, including Clarke, followed his lead when he was issuing orders. 

That was fast.

Isaiah Washington sells the hell out of those chips.

• Love 4

Regardless of anything else that happened this episode, the fact that Octavia's hair is out rather than in braids is so amazing, and so subtle. It fucking slayed me when she was in Lincoln's quarters. Why couldn't the rest of this season have that simple, powerful resonance?

• Love 2

It's been four episodes, and still no word on the fate of Clarke's horse. Did Emerson kill the horse in revenge?

And was Monty the only kid on the Ark who watched old horror films? Don't go towards the creepy music is a basic, Clarke!  Doubled when someone is telling you not to go towards the creepy music!

Meanwhile, Ontari, after killing a lot of kids and faking the Commander role, continues her line of bad decisions by accepting a chip from a Skicru person she has never met before, who is only vouched for by the woman she believes Murphy betrayed her with. This should go well.

• Love 7

Meanwhile, Ontari, after killing a lot of kids and faking the Commander role, continues her line of bad decisions by accepting a chip from a Skicru person she has never met before, who is only vouched for by the woman she believes Murphy betrayed her with. This should go well.

My name is Jaha. I'm here to tell you that your boyfriend is screwing somebody else. Here, swallow this.

Ok!

We knew Ontari wasn't the brightest bulb in the heavens but that's a narrative leap even for her.

Sooo. . . is Bellamy's redemption arc over?

Apparently the writers decided to deal with the Bellamy issue by pretending there is no Bellamy issue. They're currently whistling a jaunty tune while pointing in the opposite direction and hoping we won't notice. The characters don't have time to deal with the Bellamy issue and so they're hoping we won't either.

Can somebody explain to me how Jaha got to Polis before Kane? And where Kane is? And where Indra is? And what Skaikru's position as the 13th clan is? And, if the cordon is finished, if that's because Ontari ordered it or because the Trikru who were no doubt enforcing it were just glad it was over? And why this show needed what is clearly a bottle episode? What have they spent their money on?

• Love 10

Apparently the writers decided to deal with the Bellamy issue by pretending there is no Bellamy issue. They're currently whistling a jaunty tune while pointing in the opposite direction and hoping we won't notice. The characters don't have time to deal with the Bellamy issue and so they're hoping we won't either.

THIS. I am so pissed with how this is being non-handled. Clarke's my favourite character and I'm HATING how they're writing her non-response. Yes, I get that she doesn't feel like she can judge, because she's 100% guilt 100% of the time, but come on! Watching last weeks episode, AI kind of worried that that would be the extent of the confrontations and airing of past actions, and reflection--they're running out of time to hammer any of this home and episodes like this aren't helping.

Even the actions at the funeral fell flat for me. Bellamy feels bad for Octavia, fine, but Lincoln was his friend too--where's his reaction to having helped incarcerate this guy who ended up dead because he fought back. Bellamy didn't pull the trigger, but he sure didn't help his buddy out too much, either.

Can somebody explain to me how Jaha got to Polis before Kane? And where Kane is? And where Indra is? And what Skaikru's position as the 13th clan is? And, if the cordon is finished, if that's because Ontari ordered it or because the Trikru who were no doubt enforcing it were just glad it was over? And why this show needed what is clearly a bottle episode? What have they spent their money on?

I'd say the money went to expanding Arkadia's set (inside and out), polis set (inside and out), guest stars, and soon-to-be seen location shoots in downtown Vancouver. By the way, this really makes two bottle episodes in a row--one which served the narrative a whole lot better than the other.

• Love 2

I wonder if Clarke has officially saved all their lives enough times that they'll stop being dicks to her.

This felt like such a non-episode.  Like, there were maybe five minutes of anything having to do with the season-long plots, which might have been okay early in the season, but it feels a little late in the game for it.  It would be one thing if there were at least some meaningful character interactions, but there really weren't.  We didn't even get some of the others taking about their perspective on the whole Mount Weather thing, which seems like a missed opportunity (I find it hard to believe that no one in that room felt like pointing out that he's alive because he's got some dead kid's bone marrow in him).  

I mean, I guess you could count it as a final resolution to the Emerson issue, but I didn't think that really needed to be resolved more than it already was (side note:  the grounders apparently kind of suck at exiling people).  Plus, the lesson of this season seems to be that you're definitely better off just killing your enemies, so I suppose this was more thematically appropriate.

• Love 2

Another bottle episode and another missed opportunity. I am typically a sucker for bottle episodes because it is standard to then do some deep character exploration, emotional reflection from the characters and re-assessment of relationships. But on this show? Nah... at best they will dip their toe in the pond. It really hurts everything when the characters are not allowed to act as they should in regards of Bellamy's actions because it would damage the piss poor redemption they are throwing his way. Though it seems like they don't really think he needs to be redeemed, as he was just 'doing what he thought was right' or 'there are no good guys' or some other bullshit. Meh. At least last episode made the long running joke of Bellamy being bad in bed canon, to bad the show thinks some meta rant should replace proper characterization and character actions.

Also bringing Emerson back and having him kill on of the Arkers totally undermines whatever was left of the whole "blood must not have blood" policy and philosophy attempt. There was just way to much stupid and again can Clarke be allowed to react properly instead of just taking it?

The Polis part now match the Arker parts in being bad. Ontari is just too one note, and the plot makes people act way to stupid in order to make things go from A to B.

I do wonder if how hard the wheels have come off relates to the more free reign Rothenberg got this season. In S1, he had 2 people basically co-showrunning with him BTS. In S2 there were over 20+ producers etc. that been downside to 6 in S3. Rothenberg had only 4 credits throughout 20+ years of writing before getting handed the 100. S1 and S2 had some issues (particularly early S1) but you can see the plot puppeteering characters around so clearly that it makes it hard to get immersed into any of the story lines.

This episode for me was one of the worst. I was switching between boredom and being frustrated over stupidity and nonsensical "plot". The last few second reveal was just so silly and dumb. Ontari is that gullible I guess because Polis folks need to eat the chips as well. Honestly I don't think it would had been hard to create a proper in-world reason for why and how the chip could spread among the Grounders. It does have the holy symbol on it and all that.

• Love 4

Bleugh, agree with the rest of you that this episode missed the mark. Bellamy's magically forgiven; Emerson who'd I'd completely forgotten about came back as an Orc; Miller and Bryan still act like they just met rather than being boyfriends - and Miller is not concerned about Bryan's betrayal; Clarke offers to sacrifice herself again; Sinclair predictably dies; Raven predictably gets injured; Monty inexplicably can't understand that his Mum won't come back if COL is destroyed because he didn't learn in biology that a person needs a body in order to be alive...

I was excited to see Emori and Murphy reunite - I thought finally he'd have a decent storyline and I wanted to see them scheme against Ontari together. I also thought their reunion was so on-point and cute with Emori being impressed by his 'mark' and him confiding about Ontari being a false commander and how he was doing whatever he could to survive, it made up a fraction of a percentage for his rape by the show at least acknowledging that it was a choice for him. And then they fucked it all up by bloody Jaha coming into it! I just hate him. Hate, hate, hate. He's such an insufferable twat and he's extremely boring at the same time, every time I see him I want to throw things at the TV. I felt so bad for Murphy when he realised Emori had swallowed the chip - I would have liked to see how that happened, I can't imagine what would make someone as brave and cunning as she is cave in to Jaha's BS! I hope Murphy is central to taking down the City of Light.

And no Kane yet again this week sucked!

Edited by Save Yourself
  • Love 1

Ontari is a fucking idiot. I'd bet that even if she did get the right chip it would reject her on principal. What a damNed fool.

Brian and Miller are cute. But would a little pda kill them, or is on lesbian love appropriate on the cw.

Clarke is handling her own heartbreak wadi better than the other 100. Her and Lexa were possibly the only intelligent people on this show. With Kane and Raven getting slight passes.

• Love 2

when the characters are not allowed to act as they should in regards of Bellamy's actions

Bellamy wasn't allowed to act as he should with regards Pike and the slaughter of innocents, so I'm cool with pretending it never happened. Telling is not selling, and they couldn't even bother to show me what Bellamy did, and certainly couldn't show me WHY in any universe he would. I mean I'd still like more people to beat him up, and to see him eating it well into next season.

Meanwhile, Ontari, after killing a lot of kids and faking the Commander role, continues her line of bad decisions by accepting a chip from a Skicru person she has never met before, who is only vouched for by the woman she believes Murphy betrayed her with. This should go well

It was ridiculous, they can't bother to make any people behave consistently or realistically, Sure Ontari who hates Skaikru will just listen to the former leader of Skaikru, because see Pike has to live and un-ALIE'd Ontari would clearly kill him on sight.

I couldn't enjoy this one with all the kids this week because we got nothing from these characters except the same beats he's been hitting all year: everything is Clarke's fault and she will tell you that ten times an episode, Jasper will whine, Octavia will rage/grieve, Bellamy will act like he's still worth following to or listening to, so I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that pathetic foursome looking for Luna. 

Everything that happened in this episode was played out especially Emerson, I was hoping the one snatching everyone was Roan who magically disappeared along with Kane, and Indra into the over stuffed plot vortex. The whole episode only existed to show us just how ALIE 2.0 kills people without the nightblood, so it will be more powerful when  Clarke is implanted with ALIE 2.0 and survives....because of LEXAS LOVE and protection. Barf. 

Edited by blixie

I thought Jasper was killed by that guy but no he is still alive. :P

So Jaha reached Polis before Kane and Pike huh

Clarke is implanted with ALIE 2.0 and survives....because of LEXAS LOVE and protection. Barf.

Love moves in mysterious ways ;D

Such a massive disappointment this season...  I'm not sure how much longer I'll be spending time w/ this show, especially with the really nice weather these days.

I'm sticking it out until the season finale--I figure I owe the writers that much before I sign off on the show altogether. Man, so bummed--I can't believe how excited I was for this season--it seems a distant memory now. Part of the reason I'm not enjoying the rest of the season is because of my theory for the finale, which I'm now hoping is not in any way accurate, if it is however, then watching the pieces slowly fall into place is agonizing. Also, I have a feeling next season will be populated with too many unlikeable characters (in my opinion) that I'll spend way too much time feeling angry about and hoping will die on a show where "anyone can die", but them.

• Love 1

This episode felt like two entirely different shows.  One was about Alie building her army and the other....well, I can't figure out why they stuck this Emerson thing in this episode.  Having the first half of season 3 in Polis at least had some kind of link to the Ark scenes. 

This show is killing off their most educated people...down goes chief engineer Sinclair.  Let's hope Raven learned lots from him before he died...they'll need it.

I like having the original characters together as well.  They all play very well off of each other.

Ontari is a fucking idiot. I'd bet that even if she did get the right chip it would reject her on principal. What a damNed fool.
------------------
Clarke is handling her own heartbreak wadi better than the other 100. Her and Lexa were possibly the only intelligent people on this show. With Kane and Raven getting slight passes.

Speaking of the chip rejecting.  Why can everyone swallow 1.0 chip like M&Ms but only Nightbloods can be implanted with the 2.0 chip?  

I agree that Clarke and Lexa (as the chip) are still the only intelligent people on this show.  I'll maybe entertain Raven, but Kane is stupid for going to Polis after knowing there was a new commander.  Does he have a deathwish?

Lexa continues to be awesome even from beyond the grave, doing what it takes to keep Clarke safe, and getting one of the best kills of the season lol.

Impressive kill indeed.  Of course, it was a team effort with Clarke.  Those two love birds are so good together, still.

It was ridiculous, they can't bother to make any people behave consistently or realistically, Sure Ontari who hates Skaikru will just listen to the former leader of Skaikru, because see Pike has to live and un-ALIE'd Ontari would clearly kill him on sight.

-------------------------------

Everything that happened in this episode was played out especially Emerson, I was hoping the one snatching everyone was Roan who magically disappeared along with Kane, and Indra into the over stuffed plot vortex. 

Didn't buy Ontari taking that chip, and the Ontari I know would have cut off Jaha's head on the spot for trying to out her.  I was hoping for so much more out of this character.  What happened to her backbone from episode 3.8?

As soon as the red gas appeared, I shouted "Emerson!"  

Closing thought, Eliza and Lindsey did another great job in this episode.  I look forward to their collaboration to take down Alie 1.0.

Edited by Tvtimebomb
  • Love 1

It's been four episodes, and still no word on the fate of Clarke's horse. Did Emerson kill the horse in revenge?

Maybe the horse was eaten by the gorilla. 

I was hoping that Jaha (despite the episode description saying it was his "return" to Polis, which it wasn't) confronted Ontari in the following way:

Jaha: "Ontari. You have failed this city."

Brian and Miller are cute. But would a little pda kill them, or is on lesbian love appropriate on the cw.

How did Emerson get the 3 people from the cave all the way back to Arkadia, as his prisoners, without a vehicle ?

The writers REALLY do not like Lindsay Morgan as Raven gets beaten up yet again this week.

Dragging out Emerson was just filler for the sake of filler.

So, was Murphy's girlfriend converted by Jaha before or after she banged Murphy in the temple.

Well, crap.  I figured Sinclair was a goner.  I couldn't see them letting the lone adult get the hang around the kids for too long.  Plus, he's more or less a mentor to Raven, and as I have accepted a long time ago, Raven can never, ever get a moment of happiness.  When's she not getting the crap kicked out of her and being forced by an AI to get the crap out of herself, she's watching her boyfriend die and then her mentor too.  All while being in constant pain.  Yeah, this land is not too kind to Raven.  At least this means they'll likely never actually killer, which is good since I don't want Lindsay Morgan going anywhere.

It was nice seeing everyone get to interact with each other, but it was basically just a slasher flick without any real slashing, other then Sinclair.  And it was all Emerson, because I guess this show wants to make Clarke wrong for sparing him, so I guess in this land, trying to be non-violent is not the way to go.  Yay?  I actually don't mind the lack of an actual body-count though.  I actually thought they were going to kill some or all of the Miller/Brian/Parker trio, so I'm glad that I was wrong.

How did Jaha (and the rest, I'm guessing) beat Kane, Pike, and the rest to Polis?!  Did Kane take the scenic route or something?  Does the City of Light give Jaha the ability to fly?  It doesn't make sense to me.  What does make sense is Ontari falling for his act, because she's an impulsive idiot.  Somewhere in whatever afterlife there is, Lexa is shaking her head over how quickly Polis has fallen once she kicked the bucket.  Murphy's the only intelligent person left there.  Granted, he did get tricked by Emori, but to be fair, she did a pretty good job.  Plus, he was distracted over getting to have sex with someone who was threatening his life.  The best kind of sex!

Unless that was just a good face mask, I'm kind of surprised Ricky Whittle agreed to play Lincoln's corpse, after all the stuff that apparently went down behind the scenes.  Then again, his issues seemed to only be with the Jason Rothenberg, so maybe he wanted to be there to help make Octavia/Marie Avgeropolus' big moment have more impact.

Other then Octavia, most everyone really has seem to have forgiven Bellamy.  Lame.

• Love 1

I'm sticking it out until the season finale--I figure I owe the writers that much before I sign off on the show altogether. Man, so bummed--I can't believe how excited I was for this season--it seems a distant memory now. Part of the reason I'm not enjoying the rest of the season is because of my theory for the finale, which I'm now hoping is not in any way accurate, if it is however, then watching the pieces slowly fall into place is agonizing. Also, I have a feeling next season will be populated with too many unlikeable characters (in my opinion) that I'll spend way too much time feeling angry about and hoping will die on a show where "anyone can die", but them.

I'm intrigued! How do you think the season will wrap up?

Wow, I thought Bryan was Bellamy for awhile.  Didn't realize that this was a separate character until this episode.  All those kids at Mt. Weather, still haven't learned their names.  Have we seen Luna before or is she only mentioned in passing?  I can't recall her.

Have we seen Luna before or is she only mentioned in passing?  I can't recall her.

Mentioned in passing.  That's about it.  But lilttle Clarkie knows all, and her plans NEVER go awry </rollseyes>.

Apparently, Luna was one of the other Blackblood initiates when Lexa became commander, and Lexa was supposed to kill all the other initiates but she spared Luna and Luna went AWOL from Polis since then.

The multiple problems with this whole plot line with Clarkie and her pursuit of Luna to get Luna to use the AI chip are:

a) Clarkie has no idea if Luna is even alive after all these years let alone exactly where to find her.  Sure, Octavia found Lincoln's book with the map (how would Lincoln have this info who knows), but they have no idea if Luna will be there when they arrive.  Luna could be off vacationing on the vast sandy beaches of New York by the time they get there.

b) Clarkie has no idea what Luna looks like, so other than slicing up everyone they encounter and getting them to bleed to confirm they are a blackblood.

c) Clarkie has no idea if Luna will even co-operate with her on this plan and allow the AI chip to be inserted into her

d) Clarkie has no idea if Luna won't go all evil once she accepts the AI chip

Lincoln's been dead for several days at this point and hasn't been refrigerated, shouldn't the body be in much worse shape and stink to high heaven.

Someone mentioned Octavia's hair upthread -- it was dirty and stringy when she was searching Lincoln's room, but then was clean, straight and really bouncing and behaving like she has just been to a salon when they were lighting the funeral pyre.  When did that happen ?

I'm curious how Octavia knew that Luna would be located on that map in Lincoln's book where a circle of stick figures appeared to be -- and did anyone else notice that there was an airplane on the map between Polis and Luna's location ? Or that there were 3 areas not far from Polis marked with a skull and cross-bones -- does that mean it is deadly from radiation or there are pirates there ?

I'd be curious to see who drew the short straw and had to carve the AI chip out of Emerson.

Murphy got to find out what Emori can do with that funky mutated left hand of hers during sexy time.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I'm intrigued! How do you think the season will wrap up?

I've posted it in the spoilers and spec if you want to take a gander. It's based on some leaked BTS footage, so reader beware.

Edited by Solace247

"How did Emerson get the 3 people from the cave all the way back to Arkadia, as his prisoners, without a vehicle ?

That's the least of my questions. How did Emerson manage to travel from wherever he was banished from, maneuver around/wait out a grounder blockade, locate a cave that so far Pike, ALIE, and all of Arkadia were unable to locate, in a thunderstorm, then carry 3 unconscious people back to Arkadia, where he was able put into action his revenge plot due to his complete knowledge and awareness as to the layout of Arkadia???

• Love 5

Apparently, Luna was one of the other Blackblood initiates when Lexa became commander, and Lexa was supposed to kill all the other initiates but she spared Luna and Luna went AWOL from Polis since then.

Luna was also mentioned in Season 2 as the leader of the Boat Clan. That's been retconned this season though like many other things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 1

Luna was also mentioned in Season 2 as the leader of the Boat Clan. That's been retconned this season though like many other things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had completely forgotten about that -- then again, maybe it's someone else named Luna.  I'm pretty sure there's no baby naming squad making sure that there are no duplicate names throughout the 12 Grounder clans.

Good, another character I like bites the dust. One step closer to finding the strength to drop this trainwreck of a show.

I know ALIE isn't the brightest AI ever but why leave all those weapons and ammo in Arkadia?

I never cared about Emerson, such a clear case of the writers liking the actor and keeping him around past the usefulness of the character, IMO. Plus, he failed to kill Bellamy, so now I like him even less. And, of course, he had to go all Bond villain so that Clarke would have a chance to kill him. 

That's the least of my questions. How did Emerson manage to travel from wherever he was banished from, maneuver around/wait out a grounder blockade, locate a cave that so far Pike, ALIE, and all of Arkadia were unable to locate, in a thunderstorm, then carry 3 unconscious people back to Arkadia, where he was able put into action his revenge plot due to his complete knowledge and awareness as to the layout of Arkadia???

Because... grimdark. You just can't deal with the brilliant dark tale the writers aren't telling and so you nitpick it. I almost managed to write that without laughing out loud.

And I would add another question - how would Emerson have any clue where Clarke was? For all he knew she could have stayed in Polis for a while? Him managing to locate and capture all her friends is so absurdly contrived.

Wasn't Ontari supposed to want to wipe out the Arkadians? Why is she taking her sweet time about it? Nothing brings legitimacy to rulers more quickly than a successful war.

Murphy being considered the flamekeeper is maybe the most ridiculous this show has ever had. And it's a show where a guy reached earth from orbit with the help of a nuclear missile, so that's no small feat. Funnily enough, him being called out by Jaha was almost as stupid. Ontari is literally too dumb to live.

Why can everyone swallow 1.0 chip like M&Ms but only Nightbloods can be implanted with the 2.0 chip?

That because Becca "modified her genes" to make the ALIE 2.0, uhm, palatable, instead of, I don't know, changing the AI more instead. But somehow the original AI is quite compatible with any and all humans who swallow it. Let's say this show is terrible when it comes to science, even by the very low Hollywood standards.

I am confused about Becca's book. Are we to assume Titus never read it? Since it clearly says ALIE 2.0 is an AI, not a ghost or god.

Bellamy's redemption arc over?

I wouldn't call it a redemption arc. More like "redemption switch". He was bad then he changed in an instant and was now good. He flipped the switch, so to speak. But yeah, it's over because "there are no good guys" and being mean to your brother is the same as killing people in their sleep apparently.

If you squint really hard you can claim that Murphy kind of, sort of, hinted at being raped but of course, despite The 100 being (supposedly) such a daring, "anyone can die" show, the writers didn't actually commit to confirming any of the interpretation for his sex scene with Ontari.

Moral of the story - showing mercy gets people killed. If instead you just kill innocent people and feel bad about it for a minute or two, you are safe. And even if you don't feel bad about you are probably still safer than if you show mercy.  I am so pumped for the rest of the season, you guys!

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

Because... grimdark. You just can't deal with the brilliant dark tale the writers aren't telling and so you nitpick it. I almost managed to write that without laughing out loud.

And I would add another question - how would Emerson have any clue where Clarke was? For all he knew she could have stayed in Polis for a while? Him managing to locate and capture all her friends is so absurdly contrived.

Yeah, knowledge of Clarke's whereabouts is another one for sure. I guess we're just supposed to assume Emerson shanked some Ice Nation dude and stole his clothes and has been watching/tracking Clarke for days. Whatever.

Wasn't Ontari supposed to want to wipe out the Arkadians? Why is she taking her sweet time about it? Nothing brings legitimacy to rulers more quickly than a successful war.

Murphy being considered the flamekeeper is maybe the most ridiculous this show has ever had. And it's a show where a guy reached earth from orbit with the help of a nuclear missile, so that's no small feat. Funnily enough, him being called out by Jaha was almost as stupid. Ontari is literally too dumb to live.

Everyone's saying it makes complete sense Ontari took the wafer from Jaha with no resistance because Ontari is dumb and childlike and desperate for power. Uh, remember when Ontari was introduced and she single-handedly thwarted Clarke's assassination attempt of the Ice Queen by observation and intuition alone? Verifiying by smelling the poison on Clarke's sleeve? Because I do.

ETA: I feel like the writers only thought about the need to protect Arkadia from falling in episode 3.10 Fallen, because what others took for layers being revealed to add dimension to Ontari in 3.09, I'm taking as character flip-flop. What we saw in 3.04 and 3.09 was apparently a false front of violence, domination, and smarts--given that 3.10 and 3.12 show fear and stupidity. I don't know, does that count as character complexity?

Edited by Solace247
  • Love 1

The reason I mentioned Octavia's hair is because since Lincoln died it's been out rather than in braids. Clearly Lincoln's the one who's been braiding it. So whenever I see her grieving Lincoln with her hair out, I find it powerful.

Good job, everyone. Good job Sinclair, for running off alone in the dark to get murdered by a serial killer. Good job, Raven, getting out of the rover after he told you not to and accomplishing nothing besides making sure the last thing he sees is someone he loves getting hauled away to be murdered. Good job, Bellamy, for coming up with half a plan and then failing at even that part of it ten seconds in. Good job, Clarke, following the creepy music and then staring at the music box for something like six hours, and also failing to guess that Emerson wanted to kill your whole family in front of you rather than just killing you. Good job, Emerson, for being so intent on your revenge that you allowed yourself to be killed by a dead woman's cybernetic ghost. Good job, Ontari, for swallowing the brainwashing pill without putting up any protest. Good job, Allie, for letting them drag an un-chipped Murphy away to a cell where he will probably start a brand new subplot full of misadventure, on his own. Good job, Kane, for being absent at the moment you probably most needed to be there. Good job, writers, for deciding to make an episode that was randomly a slasher movie as you're winding down the season.

I wonder if Clarke has officially saved all their lives enough times that they'll stop being dicks to her...  Plus, the lesson of this season seems to be that you're definitely better off just killing your enemies, so I suppose this was more thematically appropriate.

The thing that really makes Clarke tolerable to me is that nobody likes her. If she were awesome at everything and always right and popular, that would be too much.

However, I like the observation that after all the stupid "blood must not have blood" talk, the lesson seems to be that you should just kill everyone. How strange.

• Love 3

For that matter...where the hell is Pike????

This episode felt like two entirely different shows.  One was about Alie building her army and the other....well, I can't figure out why they stuck this Emerson thing in this episode.  Having the first half of season 3 in Polis at least had some kind of link to the Ark scenes. 

....because they couldn't just have Sinclair walk off a cliff and die?

So, was Murphy's girlfriend converted by Jaha before or after she banged Murphy in the temple.

I'm surprised that no one has pointed out that it sort of continues the idea that Murphy is getting raped yet again.

With Ontari, he was physically forced because of the chain, threat of death......with Emori (?) he was having sex with someone that literally wasn't herself....so is he able to give consent to having sex with someone who is pretty much a zombie at this point?  I don't know.

• Love 1

The things one comes across on tumblr  - "We will never kill characters just for shock value".

They almost fulfilled their promise, right?

Come to think of it, Lincoln's death has been so pointless that we still don't even know what happened to the people he sacrificed himself for. Did Pike keep his promise? Did they take ALIE's pill?

And of course, Bellamy "redemption arc" (or rather the lack thereof) would have proceeded in exactly the same fashion had Lincoln stayed alive, except for the scene where Octavia pummeled him which, let's face it, was basically something shocking to put in the promos and intended for gaining him some sympathy from those who don't care about Octavia.

The thing that really makes Clarke tolerable to me is that nobody likes her. If she were awesome at everything and always right and popular, that would be too much.

Yes but they tend to not like her in such a crudely manipulative way that I can't help but imagine some writer shouting into my ear "But don't you feel awful for poor Clarke? How about now when even more people hate her?".

Good job, Bellamy, for coming up with half a plan and then failing at even that part of it ten seconds in.

I have been very vocal about my dislike of Bellamy but even I didn't expect him to act so stupidly - especially after he pointed out all the flaws of Clarke's sorry excuse of a plan.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

Yes but they tend to not like her in such a crudely manipulative way that I can't help but imagine some writer shouting into my ear "But don't you feel awful for poor Clarke? How about now when even more people hate her?".

I don't really feel manipulated into feeling sorry for Clarke, if only because I don't think the writers know what a bunch of assholes everyone is being with Clarke. If last night's episode is any indication, apparently Clarke has to demonstrate that she would die for her friends in order to gain back their trust and loyalty. Saving them from the mountain wasn't enough. I guess we are to infer that every frigging thing that has gone wrong at Arkadia is due to Clarke 'abandoning' them and thus she must prove herself more than even frigging Bellamy. Whatever.

I have been very vocal about my dislike of Bellamy but even I didn't expect him to act so stupidly - especially after he pointed out all the flaws of Clarke's sorry excuse of a plan.

I continue to be unimpressed with Bellamy's 'progress'. If ever there was a character arc to feel manipulated by, this is it. Don't show the massacre; save the wounded; spare Indra; take a beat down; tears; confronted by the most peace-loving, non-reactive grounder re: massacred father; tears; maybe not such a good guy (which btw was true in season one); tears, etc., etc. I've entered a state of refusal to accept any resolution to his arc simply out of spite.

EDIT: toned down the language

Edited by Solace247
  • Love 4

If last night's episode is any indication, apparently Clarke has to demonstrate that she would die for her friends in order to gain back their trust and loyalty.

Everyone in this episode was cooperative and trusting, I'm not sure where you getting this. Certainly I continue to find this insistence that Clarke saved her "friends" all by herself, to not be remotely true. That's manipulative, Clarke did not do it alone, the credit is not hers alone, and neither is the blame/guilt. Despite this, Clarke alone blames herself, verbally saying it over and over in practically ever freaking episode this season. No one other than Bellamy reminds her there were others involved in the operation: Octavia, Raven/Wick, Bellamy himself, Monty in the end. "I bare it so they don't have to" was peak martyrdom and extremely manipulative and it hasn't worked on me yet. Spare me show, spare me.

The only people I've seen giving Clark a hard time are Jasper, who is admittedly a dumbass whiner who should shut it, Octavia who is not pissed off about the mountain, and neither was her life 'saved' by Clarke, indeed Clark was willing to sacrifice her life and those of everyone at the village to protect the operation in the mountain. Raven has totally understandable issues with Clarke:screwing her boyfriend, and then killing him. Clarke getting ALIE out of her head has certainly seemed to balance that scale in Raven's eyes since she was incredibly kind/cooperative throughout Demons. But I'm certainly fine with them never being besties.

There is zero for me to root for in terms of anyone but Raven and Octavia (and maybe Muphy), they are the only characters who have me invested in what's happened to them this year. But  the ostensible leads Clarke/Bellamy, no, they are both in pathetic straits, and I'd prefer to ignore this entire season for them because  they are utter shadows of themselves.

• Love 3
On 4/22/2016 at 4:37 PM, blixie said:

The whole episode only existed to show us just how ALIE 2.0 kills people without the nightblood, so it will be more powerful when  Clarke is implanted with ALIE 2.0 and survives....because of LEXAS LOVE and protection. Barf. 

Honestly at this point I wouldn't even mind something as corny as that if only for the reaction of the Bellarke fandom that remains the worst fandom I have ever encountered in over a decade. One would think with Lexa dead that they would just stay in their lane and enjoy their couple interacting but no. Talk about wanting to murder Alycia Debnam Carey because "people are still talking about her", how they ship Bullexa (Bullets/Lexa),  constantly rubbing it into Clexa fans that Lexa is dead or making 'jokes' about dead lesbians have just made me want nothing good for their fandom. Not to mention how viciously they attacked Eliza Taylor for her pro Clexa talk at Wondercon with accusing her of being drunk or on drugs. Then add in on top several of their big accounts deliberately trying to sabotage/interfere with  the LGBTfans Deserve Better movement...

I suspect with your comment you are 

Spoiler

perhaps referencing what Aaron Ginsburg said with regards of love being the most powerful weapon of the season? Because so far it definitely hasn't been the case. However with the footage out of 3x16 that includes Lexa protecting Clarke more than once, and some of the lines being spoiled... Then again Jason has proven to be petty so Clexa footage might be getting the 'Lincoln' edit aka severely butchered out of spite

I actually think there is a big chance of Bellamy being the central hero regarding the season finale (with Clarke also doing her part). The show doesn't seem to think he needs a redemption as it was just "about perspectives" and well Bellamy has looked sad for a while now... but the show now seems to swing the pendulum regarding his character from one extreme to another, and I think it will now swing back over to Action Hero Bellamy "McClane" Blake the closer we come to the end of this season.

• Love 2

I hate the killed Sinclair, but Pike and Bellamy are still living .Sinclair was a smart character they and Raven needed. 

They're just killing off the good characters fast.

Seriously? Sinclair now? Another likable character, just dead for....well, for no reason. Come ON, he deserved a better death than that! That was worse than Major Byrne's gorilla death! 

And, Bellamy's actions for nine episodes are pretty much wiped away, besides with Octavia (which I appreciate a lot). I don't even get why Clarke is treating him normally. I know she was gone for pretty much the entire time, but she even caught a glimpse of Bellamy at his worst when he had her arrested. I was also really rooting for Octavia to just turn and beat the shit out of Bellamy again when she saw the spot where Lincoln was killed. 

Meanwhile, Clarke will probably still have to apologize for her actions for the rest of this season for...reasons. I mean, she screwed up, I get it, but Bellamy seems to have been forgiven a lot faster than Clarke. It does seem like maybe the Blame Game with Clarke is now over, so hopefully that sticks. 

I could almost hear the "For fuck's sake, seriously?" in Murphy's voice behind the Son of a Bitch line when Jaha showed up. Now he's gotta deal with Crazy Pants once more. Nah, I ended up fast forwarding through any scene with Jaha. 

Wait, so Clarke used Lexa to kill Emerson? Well, then. That was a pretty cool idea. 

• Love 1