Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Last Refuge

• Start Topic

That was . . . oddly touching. The episode may have tried too hard to jerk tears, and the "timey-wimey" aspect is still insane, but I thought it was a good hour.

For the record, I like Quentin with hair. I'm guessing he went bald between seasons two and three of Arrow ripping it out of his head. I also liked how Pilgrim targeted Quentin and not Laurel. She probably wouldn't have bothered even if she knew Laurel was going to (apparently) kick the bucket in 2016.

I would have guessed Lil Mick started the fire. Turns out it just gave him pyromania. And all babies are cute . . . even sociopaths like Snart. I was waiting for him to look up at Kendra and Sara and say "Goo, goo" in the condescending tone the adult version has perfected. On the downside . . . no quips about Pilgrim not wearing buckles. I feel cheated.

Damn, Lil Rip was a bastard. Nice plan from Adult Rip . . . have Pilgrim so focused on the heroes, she forgets to check her captive. Even as ash, I'd say this isn't the last we'll see of her.

• Love 5

It was funny seeing TeenSara slap TeenMick for creepily hitting on her and seeing Sara and Kendra cooing over BabySnart (he was a cute baby). TeenSara made 5 grand babysitting? Star(ling) City must have a lot of rich people. I babysat 4 kids one summer and didn't make near that much.

I still love how much impressed Mick is with Sara. He called her a badass.

Aww, Happy Quentin a few years before his life is destroyed by thinking he lost one of his two daughters for the first time. 

I like the new Mick. He's still growly but he more calculating and caring it seems. Although I wish we get some more scenes of him and Snart. They haven't talked since they beat each other. I guess he did say not to hurt his future partner. 

It was weird hearing Rip called Michael. So he was a homeless street urchin before the Time Masters picked him up. I guess Booster Gold was too busy traveling through time. 

Are they keeping their younger selves on the ship? Is what the ending implied?

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Wow.  That was a solidly good hour.  I have no timey whimey complaints.  I can't see any plot holes.  Rip was smart.  The plan worked and I did NOT see Michael stabbing the Pilgrim.  I'm really impressed. 

Are they keeping their younger selves on the ship? Is what the ending implied

No, their younger selves are hanging with the Time Mother but their loved ones are on the ship.  Slightly younger Ray is in the med bay I think. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Alright show. You got me in the feels. Happy now? 

Poor Quentin. The crap he is going to have to deal with. Its a wonder he ever had hair. It was nice seeing him here though, and seeing young Sara (her and young Mick were fun together), before everything went down. 

Loved a lot of scenes, like Ray seeing Anna again (although I wish we has seen a conversation between them), Mick calling Sara a badass, all the stuff with Jax and his dad, the backstory about Rip (who is actually Michael), Sara and Kendra cooing about baby Snart, lots of good stuff here. 

The plan was actually a pretty good one, relying on little Rip to be a really hard core kid. I mean, he got stabby REAL fast. 

All in all, just a really solid episode. This show is so much better without Savage and his scenery chewing. 

• Love 8

So they are keeping everyone on the ship or in the Time Master nursery? Is younger Quentin going to be hanging around on the ship until the end of the show? 

I really wish they'd stop going back and forth on the Ray and Kendra thing, they've done the SAME thing every episode. I would've rather seen Sara talk to Snart or Mick about whether or not she should tell her younger self not to get on a boat with Oliver Queen and change her entire future. Then decide that everything that happened to her made her into the person she is now, someone that is capable of helping others and fighting for other abused women. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

This show gets stupider every week.

But I REALLY like these characters and actors.

Sigh. I'm going to be here till the bitter end. I know. But that doesn't make the time shenanigans any less stupid.

• Love 10

I really liked this one. Old Mick helping Young Mick come to terms with causing his parents death, and realizing that he was just a kid when he started the fire, was surprisingly moving. I know that his past self will forget all of this when they put them back in their right time, but I think this will have an impact on Mick going forward.

In other news, Ray and Kendra making out just outside the door where Ray's other fiancee was at was all kinds of awkward. Also, Tiny Rip was all kinds of badass. Tiny Rip would have taken out Vandal Savage by now. Mother Time, I blame you.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 10

I kind of wish we got an extra twenty minutes of this, or even an extra episode. I thought, even with confusing time stuff, the episode was really good and really heartwarming. I think you have to set aside the time complexities, because they're not going to make total sense and if you stress yourself with trying to figure it out, it won't make the show enjoyable. So I kind of just accepted anything that they threw at me (within reason, of course). 

Man, Jax's story broke my heart inside. This is his strongest episode, for sure. I know it would mess with time, but they've already messed with time and I'm sure something bad will happen to someone because of the time jumping. But if something good could come out of it, Jax's dad surviving would actually be really nice. That's all I want for Jax, actually. 

Well, it sounds like their younger selves will stay with Rip's mother in some undisclosed time, but what happens to the loved ones? I guess they're going to be sent back to their own time before the next episode. I only think that because young Quentin got the amnesia pill already, and unless Sara's going to keep feeding him one every night until they get back home....and I'd say that could be bad if he kept ingesting those pills. 

I really liked Mick's interaction with his younger self. It was cool to see a different side to Mick, as we haven't gotten much from him. It's good to see that he's grown from his time as Chronos and that he genuinely wants to help out his younger self, while learning to forgive himself for the fire. 

I really wish we got to see Ray interact with Anna. Maybe it'll be a deleted scene, but after all we've learned about Ray and his fiancee, it would have been nice to get a brief one on one with them. But the Ray/Kendra thing? It is either going one of two ways: Ray and Kendra are either going to fight through the odds, Carter will reappear because of drama only for Kendra to choose Ray before the final Vandal Savage fight; or, Carter will come back, drama with Savage will happen, Kendra will realize she can't be with Ray for whatever reason, and the season will end with her choosing Carter before the final fight. I'm not sure whether I want them to stop wasting my time because Ray/Kendra won't be together so what's the point, or because romance is not what I want for this show, and Kendra is much more interesting with other characters. So yeah, I'm really done with these two. I'm happy they are engaged and all, but they need to be in the background for the rest of the season.

Plus, without so much Ray/Kendra, we could have gotten a few more reunion scenes. 

So, we've gotten a LOT of Mick/Sara as friends and I am loving it. Honestly, as much as I enjoy Snart/Sara (and they seem to be hinting toward a romance anyway), Mick/Sara is fast becoming my favourite friendship on the show. They're just both complicated people and they seem to understand each other. They've also gone through some intense shit not just on this show for Mick, but on Arrow for Sara. 

Finally, Rip. I liked Rip's backstory a lot. His mom was all kinds of badass, and his younger self was great. 

Can we just have next season like this, without Savage? He brings down the show and I always forget about him until they mention him. 

• Love 9

Sigh. I'm going to be here till the bitter end. I know. But that doesn't make the time shenanigans any less stupid.

Lol, after what they pulled on The Flash this week, I found the time travel on this episode very straight forward.

• Love 10

I loved the episode. CR had some really bad acting when Ray was injured and I'm sick of her and Ray. I definately would rather have got a Sara/Snart/Micky scene about the Gambit. 19 year old Sara was adorable especially and so was Lance. I know I'm one of the only people but I love the Lance family <3

Rip is named after his father or maybe he is Booster without being able to use the name? He was just like Snart and Mick as a child. Interesting that young Rip was a smart badass but the Flarrow team leader dumbnes curse had to get him. SMH.

I loved the Pilgrim. She was awesome and I hope regeneration is one of her powers and we'll see her back.

• Love 2

Lol, after what they pulled on The Flash this week, I found the time travel on this episode very straight forward.

That's true! At least they didn't invite Vandal in and give him the keys to the Waverider.

Or, at least, they haven't yet. There's always next week.

I think it's the idea that the timeline is setting, as if time were like a stain that they need to get out before it's too late. 

That, and Kendra just needs to go.

• Love 5

The Continued Adventures of the Worst. Time Travelers. EVER.

...And I'm still not mad at it. :)

As long as I don't think about how much just this episode could (has?) screw(ed) with the timeline.

• Love 5

I like that they finally addressed that the goal was to return them to just after they left so it's like they were never gone but the mere fact that Sara has been absent says at least she didn't get to go home right away.  Maybe only some even try to get back to when they left.  You could feel Martin's realization that he'd been treating it all like a lark and it seems like he only now realized how cavalier he'd been.  He never got to say goodbye.  :(

I thought it funny how much Sara, despite her years of babysitting expertise, did not want to be holding wee Snart for long.  She and Kendra were really cute but it's probably easy to be natural when cooing over cute (and non screaming) babies.  Kendra and Sara had a good dynamic this week. 

I wonder when Anna was pulled from the timeline.  She would have died toward the end of season two of Arrow.  How incredibly hard would it be to send her back to just die.  At least Jax gave his dad a shot at living.  Unless there is a scene coming, he's acting like he doesn't really care that the woman he lost is suddenly alive.  Funny thing is it feels really in character for Ray.  Still, some confliction would be nice to see.   But that's a small complaint for otherwise a really great episode.   

• Love 4

19 year old Sara was adorable especially and so was Lance. I know I'm one of the only people but I love the Lance family <3

I adore Quentin.  I adore Sara.  I LOVE Sara and Quentin.  It's Laurel that I had issues with. 

That's true! At least they didn't invite Vandal in and give him the keys to the Waverider.

Or, at least, they haven't yet. There's always next week.

You're right, Flash giving away his powers to evil bad dude was also terrible bad but I was talking about the part where they claimed Zoom went back in time and plucked his younger self (take a drink) out of time and brought him over to Earth 1 to kill in front of Team Flash so that it would motivate Barry to get faster but that somehow killing his younger self did nothing to harm Zoom or change his future.  Which directly goes against all linear time travel rules including the ones they set up for this very show.  I have the solution for Flash, send the time police after him.   

• Love 5

I'm really surprised that the Flash and Co. haven't been mentioned at all.

Only that one dream appearance of Cisco; but Oliver and Quentin have guest starred.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

I'm really surprised that the Flash and Co. haven't been mentioned at all.

Only that one dream appearance of Cisco; but Oliver and Quentin have guest starred.

I suppose that's Guggenheim's influence. 

Jax actually took the chance (and Rip even encouraged him) and warned his father (we'll have to wait and see if that worked). I wonder if it occurred to Ray he could do the same thing with Anna. Even Kendra pointed out to Sara she could have warned herself not to go with Oliver on the boat, and how both of them were surprised she didn't. Though I have to wonder, considering that Ray getting beaten up in the past was having an immediate effect on him in the present, what would happen if past Sara had actually listened to herself and not gotten onto the boat? If she never went to Lian Yu and became the Canary she would presumably have never been recruited by Rip, so would she suddenly disappear from the Waverider?

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

Ray's cavalier "... or you can agree with a woman who believes in curses" wasn't helpful.  That wasn't why the decision whether to be in a relationship with you was easy/not easy.

The easy part is because Ray is there and sweet and trying to be a good man for Kendra. Ray is there and he's puppy dog sweet and looks like Brandon  Routh. The hard part is not that she "believes in curses", but that she actually is living a cursed life.  In a universe where there are people who run Mach 2 and faster, can time travel, can merge into a nuclear man, who can be resurrected in the funkiest hot tub, the man who can shrink himself down to molecule size has trouble believing curses are possible?  Sara needs to tell him about Constantine removing the majority of her feral, bloodlusty side. There are no pills, patches or implants for that kind of thing.

Also the part where OldWest!Shayera told Kendra that none of her non-Carter loves had a happy ending. I think she mentioned tragedy and/ or death. That seems like something Cierra is putting across in her hesitations when Kendra is talking to Ray. No doubt all the most horrible potential ends have to/ do run through her mind when she's being super harsh with herself- 'Could this happen to Ray?  Could I allow it because he loves me?'  Yet, Ray seems to be dismissing this real factor in Kendra's decision. She lost Carter and a son she's regaining memories of; is it fair to subject either of them to a potentially horrible or painful loss?

This is where I hoped Kendra would embrace going forward with Ray. Not because I ship them, but because even with her past self warning her, Kendra deserves to live her life as fully as she can. As long as Ray can deal with her pasts and be mindful of Kendra's unique POV, Kendra should love whomever she wants for as long as she wants.

I think Ray is rushing  the engagement-matrimony thing, though. Still, Kendra is correct, that there is no "right" time for this group. Still, I don't think there needs to be more than what they already have done. To them and their closest friends, Kendra and Ray should be considered a couple.

Which makes me worry over Ray. BR is very charismatic and enjoyable here. I know that he was in danger, narratively, to get Ray/Kendra to where we left them. Yet I was legit worried that Ray was going to die in order to drive home how non-Carter lovers end badly for Kendra. (It has the nasty 1-2 punch of keeping her longest storyline being someone's romantic partner as well as another personal loss for her to angst over the next time someone shows interest in her. Yuk.)  Since Brandon is very likable and one of the bigger names on the show, I'm pretty sure he's going to be sticking around. I still worry over the cast as it's such a new baby show.

I love Rip's "Mom"; she was fun. I think Snart and Mic like her too. (Snart checking out the vase in the window and setting it back quickly was fun to see and very Len!)  Dominic Purcell and younger Mick were, as mentioned, very good. I'd say a highlight. Yeah, Mr. Purcell has some Bale-level gravel going on, but damn if my house didn't get a bit dusty with their last scene and grin at the "don't drop my future partner!" I am loving post-Chronos Mick so, so much!

Jax and his dad also made me aware that I've let my dusting go. Franz Draimeh is so good as Jefferson Jackson, Jr. ! ( Maybe we can nickname him Triple J?, like the MTV VJ? *g*) I was mad that there was a taunting note left for Pilgrim. Pilgrim didn't take the note with her, so some poor nurse is going to be blamed for losing a child! At least until the whatever amnesia kicks in. Plus, Baby Jax not being there should tip her off.  Pilgrim didn't seem to want witnesses, so minimized the number of time-natives who noticed her. After Barry Allen's mistimed gloating on Tuesday, I'm not amused or impressed.

Still with all the nits, I enjoyed the episode. I liked that we got more info on pre-Rip Rip/Michael!  I am now worried about "Mom". Her cheery "They won't think to look for you here!", to me, seemed to overlook how autonomously The Pilgrim seemed to think.  If Rip remembers, then why can't The Pilgrim? But, we will see next week!

• Love 3

I know I'm one of the only people but I love the Lance family <3

I like Sara and Quentin. I loved getting to see their relationship again, we haven't seen it since season 2. Sara's was such a Daddy's girl. No wonder Quentin was destroyed when she "died". They always seem to make people saying Sara wanted to help people sound so much more natural than when they tried that with Laurel. Probably because with Sara I could believe it. I hope Earth 2 Sara's a doctor or something.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

This may be my desire to see Snart and Sara hook up but lately every scene they share makes me think they're about to hook up in a broom closet.

I love Jax and his scenes with his dad were very sweet. I hope he survives.

Snart having no fucks to give makes me happy. His constant annoyance with Rip, and the sarcasm it inspires, is fabulous.

In general I thought this was a great episode. I enjoyed it so much that I don't care that Savage is returning to focus.

• Love 4

Jax and his dad made me cry. I hope he's alive- he seemed like he would have been such an amazing father. Damn, now I'm crying again.

Wish we got to see Anna instead of a one second glimpse. Maybe she will show up later.

I am really worried about Rip's mom. I can see Savage killing her down the line just to piss him off. Please don't go there, show.

Mick is really kicking ass. Same with Snart's snark. This show is fun to watch- hope the writers keep it like this and don't change the tone.

That was surprisingly good. Well, other than the time travel stuff, which continues to make no sense. But then, it's the same on The Flash, so I'll let it slide. At least the emotional stuff was touching and the twist with Young Rip stabbing the Pilgrim - genuinely shocking.

And speaking about Rip, I never really disliked him like many here, but I freakin' loved him in this episode. The backstory, the relationship with the adopted mother, the orphanage, the mysterious origins, his decision to risk himself for the team... Everything worked pretty great. 

I also liked Jax's little subplot - it was simple, but the trope of getting to know a parent you never did via time travel is always effective. (*sniff* "Father's Day") Although I would have preferred if he didn't try to tell his father about his death - or maybe it turned out he took the pill after that anyway, for added bittersweetness.

Ray/Kendra was the worst part of the episode (again). Why did they need to bring Anna to that? I mean, Kendra accepting Ray's proposal and them kissing when Anna was just there in the next room left a bad taste in my mouth. It didn't feel real Ray was so completely over Anna.

And, of course, Sara, Sara and Quentin. Loved every second of it. I miss their relationship so much! And young Sara was a hoot, especially with young Mick. And adult Mick's definitely crushing on adult her, no doubt. I never expected for Heatwave to become such a consistently entertaining character before the show started, but I love him and his self-loathing.

Next episode: eh. Vandal Savage, again. Episodes without him are always so much better.

Edited by FurryFury

I continue to be amaze that Mick as been one of my favorites on this show and while no master thespian, Dominic Purcell continues to actually do very good work here (I mean, I dug him enough on Prison Break, but Lincoln was a bit.... well, simple, I guess?)  But I really like how Mick has changed and while there is still the crazy, fire-loving ball of ham at times, he does seem more calculating and intelligent, and is willing to use his words, then just rush in.  And I think he truly did want his younger self to wake up, even if he knew it was less then likely.  I'm really digging this development.

Oh, who I am I kidding?  I also love him simply because he is a complete and total Sara fanboy and doesn't hide it.  That alone will always give him a pass in my book.

Speaking of Sara, loved seeing another glimpse of obnoxious, troublesome, teenage Sara.  That is totally a Sara I could see doing stupid shit like go off with party-boy Oliver on a boat, even if he's dating her sister.  Caity Lotz seemed to be having fun doing that. Younger Quentin was fun too.  Not just because we saw Paul Blackthorne with hair again, but how laid back and funny he was, before all the shit on Arrow understandably knocked him down, over and over again.  I'm glad they got a little moment at the end.

This was probably the most I was interested in Rip, due to his back-story, how he grew up, and was even willing to risk his younger self to take out The Pilgrim.  It at least shows he's willing to put his own ass on the line, which makes all his barking around to the others a little more tolerable.  But he finally acted like a competent leader at times, even if he still seems completely inept at preventing this gang from fucking the timeline over.

Speaking of fucking over the timeline, I loved how Martin was like "Let Jax meet his dad!  What could possibly go wrong?!", because, really, Martin?  Have you met yourself and this team?  Still, Jax and his dad was probably the most I liked him too.  Cool seeing Eli Goree as his dad, because I still remember him as Wells from the first season of The 100.  I do wonder if he ended up changing anything, or if Rip was jus trying to make him feel better.

I was wishing this meant we would see more of Snart's family life, but at least he brought plenty of one-liners and smirks as always.  I was bummed we didn't get to see Lisa.  I guess Peyton List wasn't available to make a cameo.  But I can watch him and Sara playfully (?) insult each other every episode.

Once again though, Ray/Kendra continue to be the weakest part of the show.  I just don't know why I need to care about them, and despite what she says, I really feel like at the end of the day, he cares more about her then she does for him.  I don't think she's lying or anything, but I just feel like Ray is way more invested in this relationship, while Kendra is just hanging around because it beats playing cards with Snart or having to listen to Martin prattle on about science.  And I'm just getting tired of it.  Certainly not happy that is keeps leading to Sara getting dragged in and giving her pep-talks, like she's the best friend of the female lead in a romantic comedy.

Not surprised The Pilgrim ended up being kind of useless at her job and easy to take-out.  The Time Masters really don't have the best group of fighters here, it seems. It was fun seeing her played by Faye Kingslee, an actress I know best from a video game (Far Cry 3), so it's fun when I get to see an actual face to the voice.

I guess the fun couldn't last for long, since next week is another Vandal Savage one, which means more of the team's inability to kill him or even just capture him, and him coming off like a second-rate baddie who should only be in one episode, as opposed to being the worst of the worst, like the show want me to believe.

• Love 1

I agree with Stein's reaction to his dad just giving up his newborn to two strangers.

Young Rip was awesome.

Did I miss it or did they not deal with Kendra's younger self at all? I mean, wouldn't removing any of her younger selves from time drastically alter her timeline, even if she reincarnates? Or can that only be done by Savage and the Time Masters can't interfere or something?

TeenSara made 5 grand babysitting? Star(ling) City must have a lot of rich people. I babysat 4 kids one summer and didn't make near that much.

Is it possible she babysat Thea? I'm sure the Queens had a nanny, but maybe she watched her some nights or weekends. Arrow has never really been clear on how close the Lance and Queen families were, so it's hard to tell. Sometimes they seemed to make Laurel a longtime childhood friend of Oliver and Tommy and other times it seemed like the families barely tolerated each other.

I love how much Snart and Mick are Sara fanboys. If she asked them to do something they probably would. 

Older Mick smiling at teen Sara slapping his teen self was amazing. 

tumblr_o60m0grjAx1rhn2s6o2_500.gif

tumblr_o60m0grjAx1rhn2s6o3_500.gif

And Sara's smile when Mick called her a badass while being choked by the Pilgrim. 

tumblr_o60hjtEQlA1uhbffeo3_500.gif

• Love 6

I'm going to have to watch this again because my CW was screwed up for the first 20 minutes or so and all I got was picture, but when the Pilgrim was coming after younger Sara in the police station I distinctly saw bullets bounce off her. Did they say she had armor or a force field or something? I wonder, mainly because a) that kind of thing would come in handy for the team and b) How was young Rip able to stab her?

Not surprised The Pilgrim ended up being kind of useless at her job and easy to take-out.  The Time Masters really don't have the best group of fighters here, it seems. It was fun seeing her played by Faye Kingslee, an actress I know best from a video game (Far Cry 3), so it's fun when I get to see an actual face to the voice.

I had to look up where I recognized her from: the short-lived and ironically named Intelligence, where she played an antagonist with the same powers as the lead.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed that episode.  I appreciate how much fun and creativity they show with time traveling here and how they're not worried with altering the timeline, no matter how foolish it is.

I never would have expected Mick to have the best character arc on the show but he absolutely has.  He seemed like the most disposable character on the show at first but he's easily become one of the best.  His reactions to his younger self and his telling Young Sara that "Old" Sara was awesome was great.  Sara's establishing almost as strong a bond with him as she is with Snart.

This was a great episode for Rip and not surprisingly, Arthur Darvill delivered.  He really did put his ass on the line for team.

Jax's storyline with his father was really emotional and well-done.  I hope his father is able to survive with this intervention.

Nice to see happy Quentin and the way he was interacting with Sara.  I LOL'd at the thought that the Pilgrim might have avoided taking Laurel because no one liked her.

I wish we had gotten to actually meet Ray's fiancé, Anna.

Just when you thought Rip was the worst time traveler, he can't be much worse than the Time Masters.  How does eliminating all these people from the timeline, people who have committed important acts and been influential in their fields like Martin and Ray, not completely screw up the timeline they have vowed to protect?

Also, the Ray and Kendra scenes have become so repetitive.  The last three episodes have pretty much ended the same exact way for them.  Can we give Kendra a better storyline that doesn't involve her love life?  Her background is supposed to be central to this story.

That aside, loved this episode.  This show definitely thrives without Savage and when they just have all kinds of fun with time traveling and don't worry about messing up the timeline.

• Love 4

I thought the younger selves were all returned to their timelines? I'm pretty sure that younger Ray was. They mentioned that current Ray was healing because younger Ray was getting treated in a hospital.

Kendra and Ray continue to suck the life out of this show. I couldn't care less about their love that cannot be. Most of the problem is the actress, she is just the worst. She seems perfectly fine being her happy and smiling self in the five seconds of the graffiti commercial I see her in, so my conclusion is that she just can't act. I hope they can find a way to fire her after this season.

I like Jefferson with his dad. The paradoxes of time travel make my head hurt. But if his warning to his dad ends up saving him, then Young Jefferson would grow up with a dad. And then there is the paradox that the current versions of the heroes seem to acquire the physical aspects of their younger selves (Younger Ray's beating showing up in Current Ray) but not the memories. So I guess Current Jefferson gave the warning to try and help his Younger self even though he won't have any memories of growing up with his dad. Confusing.

Liked this one. Celia Imrie as Rip's adoptive mother, now that's a casting coup for the show. Wish we had seen a little more of her though.

Younger Rip/Michael, wouldn't want to get on his bad side. He took out the Pilgrim without barely blinking.

I liked the Pilgrim as a guest baddie, even if she was taken out a little easily at the end though.

Younger versions of the characters were great. Loved Mick's scenes with his younger self and Sara's younger self really showed how far she's come as a character. I forgot Quentin had hair once upon a time though.

Ray and Kendra's scenes could've been a little better but they were decent enough.

Nice that Jax got some much needed backstory at last. Loved his scenes with his father, 8/10

• Love 2

Maybe the Pilgrim didn't take Laurel because she knows she dies in 2016? And it's fixed point in time that cannot be changed. I'd be completely fine with that excuse. 

I really liked this episode because the main reason I'm watching it is to see the characters. The plot is just there for me. I'm here for the characters and the action. With that the show hasn't disappointed. (well besides the repetitive Kendra/Ray stuff)

• Love 1

TeenSara made 5 grand babysitting? Star(ling) City must have a lot of rich people. I babysat 4 kids one summer and didn't make near that much.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of that was from theft.  TeenSara was still working on her moral compass.

This episode (and last week's) are examples of how good performers and directors can elevate the material.  I like the writing; I love what they're doing what they have.

I don't know if Ray is rushing things, at this point they've been together for years, that seems like about the right time for an engagement. And I actually kind of support him telling Kendra that listening to her past self absolutely is kind of strange. They may be the same soul but obviously they've all led very different lives and are different people in their own way. Why on earth would she choose to spend the rest of this lifetime alone just because Carter is dead. I think I'd choose to enjoy my time with Ray and meet up with Carter in the next lifetime.

• Love 4

Can we give some props to the special effects team on this one?  That freeze time shot of the whole team looked amazing!  Really the best looking thing I've seen on the small screen in a long time.

I seem to so not care about the plot of this show, but still enjoy it.  I think the characters are so great and love the actors.  I loved having Quinton and Sara together. I loved seeing Paul B come over and sporting a wig, hah.  Someone on twitter said that Paul carries off the "past" wig better than Stephen Amell and I think they were right. 

• Love 5

I enjoyed this episode a lot! Young Rip was a sneaky pipsqueek, that was great! The only problem I had (besides not knowing where the younger selves (take a drink) are or were left and not knowing what happened to the loved one's) was why the hell does Rip say at the end that the HAVE to go to VS when VS is at the peak of his powers? They do know when VS was NOT powered up, when he was just a mortal man, that would be the day before the meteors fell so why dont they just go 4000 years back in time and off him then??? I mean wouldnt that be the quickest, easiest, safest thing to do? Did I miss a reason why they cant do that?

Apparently the younger versions are chilling at the Time Nursery and the loved ones are staying on the ship with amnesia pills or not remembering they are loved ones of one of the legends since they were taken as babies. 

• Love 1

You know, the Pilgrim chose some strange people to kidnap if you think about it. Jackson's father was going to be dead in two weeks. Anna was going to be dead in a few months. That's not a good trade.

You know, the Pilgrim chose some strange people to kidnap if you think about it. Jackson's father was going to be dead in two weeks. Anna was going to be dead in a few months. That's not a good trade.

Actually, it kind of fits with the pilot. When Chronos came upon those two random guys who had seen the Waverider take off he scanned them first to see if they were integral to the timeline and once he knew they weren't he killed them. The Pilgrim may have been doing something similar. If Anna and Jax's dad were going to die in a short time anyway, killing them a little earlier probably wouldn't affect the timeline too much. That doesn't so much explain Lisa, Quentin or Stein's wife though. 

Speaking of Stein's wife, I feel like I may have missed a line or something. He said Clarissa didn't remember him, and Rip said it was because his younger self had been pulled out of the timeline so he technically didn't exist. It would be fixed once he was back. Fine. So how come Anna, Jax's dad, Quentin and Lisa all knew who their fiance, son, daughter and brother were?

Anyone else want to see a (comedy?) show about the guys who have to go through time fixing all the problems that the Legends crew creates? Kind of like Marvel's Damage Control Meets Quantum Leap.

Maybe they can get Scott Bakula to star.

• Love 3