Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Prince of Prints

• Start Topic

I couldn't get past Alyssa's "for the first time this season the judges couldn't make a decision" to enjoy the suspense of it all.

Maybe I'm brain farting and god knows my memory is terrible but didn't they have at least one challenge where they sent no one home because they couldn't decide? I vaguely recall Sam benefited from that--I may be wrong, though.

On 4/30/2016 at 3:18 PM, Cyranetta said:

I admire Kini's skill and exuberance, but the soap-opera dramatic style he favors simply doesn't do it for me.

I SWEAR that almost every time I see something of his come down the runway, my automatic thought is "Would Krystle Carrington or Alexis Colby Wear That"? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Didn't the old regular PR give the finalists something like 2 months to do their collections?

According to this Q&A, the S3 designers had "only" three months to complete their final collections because they started filming in June. I thought they had five months in the first season or two but I couldn't find anything specific by googling. 

In this 2013 interview, a PR producer says the S12 designers had five weeks to create their final collections. 

This recap says the S14 finalists had three days in Rome to sketch and buy material, then Tim started his home visits two weeks later, at which point there were 12 days until the finale. 

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2016 at 10:12 AM, ratgirlagogo said:

A one-way monkey indeed, as noted above.  When Isaac said that it was beginning to look as though Sam had been sponsored by the National Neoprene Manufacturers' Council, I actually did laugh so hard I had to stop the DVR.  Though it took him long enough to notice, eh?

I keep thinking the judges have been sponsored by The International Fresh Foundation

• Love 1

I think the only reason Isaac actually criticised Sam is because Nina was there.  Otherwise, it would have been the usual fawning over Sam's awesomeness.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Canada said:

I think the only reason Isaac actually criticised Sam is because Nina was there.  Otherwise, it would have been the usual fawning over Sam's awesomeness.

The interesting thing is, Nina's presence (or bitch-slapping these idiots behind the scene, which I prefer to imagine) seemed to remind everyone that IM has only one vote - one that should have no more weight than anyone else's. They seemed to forget that several of the previous weeks of judging.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Canada said:

agreed, on the current panel, the only one who really disagrees with Issac is Alyssa, and she is hardly an authority.  Georgina rarely seems to have a defined opinion.  But Nina is the one person who has the authority, the credentials, and would call Issac out for fawning over that nonsense that Sam sent down the runway.  I wish she had been there for Issac's orgasm over flats (FLATS!!!!) on Asha's shitty Neverland outfit.

• Love 2

I have visions of Isaac and Nina sitting at home watching this season together every Thursday night.  I just imagine, at every judging panel, Nina slapping Isaac upside the head while saying "WTF is wrong with you?  What were you thinking??"

• Love 1

I just had a thought that maybe the 'sew-off' was designed to help Sam over Ken.  Many have said that Ken had the advantage in that competition as he used his own creation.  My thought is that it might actually have been harder for Ken to deconstruct his winning dress as it meant it would never be seen in its original form again-whether through Project Runway or through Ken's own showings, etc.  It was quite a dress and he basically had to change/destroy it.  Anyway, just a thought.

• Love 2
On May 3, 2016 at 1:04 PM, leighdear said:

I SWEAR that almost every time I see something of his come down the runway, my automatic thought is "Would Krystle Carrington or Alexis Colby Wear That"? 

That and, How do you sit down in that?

(edited)

Woo hoo, I can´t believe it. I had just about accepted that Sam would win the whole thing. I liked his outfit for the first time this week, but whatever, I´m happy that he didn´t make it into the final. I was horrified that he got to ruin Asha´s winning look for that second outfit though. There was nothing positive about what he did.

Dimitri is the most gorgeous designer of all time....

Edited by halkatla
(edited)
On April 30, 2016 at 9:40 PM, meep.meep said:

I can't stand Dimitri so this was just the right length for me.  Although out of the four of them, he was the only one to look even vaguely heathy, albeit in a best-rested vampire kind of way.

I just laughed for 5 min straight at your vampire comment. Hilarious!

I think I would have like Ken's more if he had a simple belt sash that dangled a bit. It would have tied the two print together a little a better.  I would wear it. I liked the length too - I don't understand why everything has to be super short now a days. That particular criticism was stupid.

Also - somehow I missed the big apology? I swear, I watched the entire episode and somehow missed that. I'm totally perplexed.

Edited by lightbeam
9 hours ago, lightbeam said:

Also - somehow I missed the big apology? I swear, I watched the entire episode and somehow missed that. I'm totally perplexed.

Oprah needs to give Ken's anger management counselor a show, because he or she is really, really good. He managed an actual, that was inappropriate and I shouldn't have done it, apology without using the fact that what he said was kinda true and Sam arguably deserved a taste of his own medicine as any sort of excuse. It was unusually gracious, as those things go.

• Love 2