Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: The Stigmata of Progress

33 minutes ago, Captanne said:

"They" say that the American southern accent is the easiest one for a British speaker to pull off.  So I guess the actress isn't English, huh.

The sister's accent is just -- so bad.  I can't.  There are no words...

I didn't think her accent was that bad, but, FWIW, Lauren Hammersley is Canadian.

3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I love, love LOVE the Hendrixes. That Alison did not hesitate to dig up Leeky speaks volumes to the level she will go to save her sisters. I am not easily grossed out but OMG Leeky's corpse was just...I don't blame Donnie one bit for puking all over the place. lol

Donnie and Alison were really funny in the garage scenes when they finally got down to Leaky's body and there was some smell and Donnie seemed to shrug it off, but then Alison cut open the plastic and Donnie and Allison just lost it.

• Love 3
(edited)

I feel like I can intellectually understand what they're going for this season in terms of plot and going back to the last days of Beth, but I just... kinda don't care. Still here for Tatiana's awesomeness and the fun interpersonal relationships and the great characters. Still meh on their convoluted thriller plots.

*Glad to see Rachel again. She's a favorite of mine and I hope by the end of the season she's fully rehabilitated thanks to neo science. I miss healthy Rachel. Didn't expect Charlotte to have been cloned from her, but I love it. I like that they're sort of recreating Sarah's family unit : mom, daughter, granddaughter and brother, but with mom/creator, bio sibling clones and the little girl who is sort of Rachel's daughter. I also liked that Charlotte is sick, too. I'm looking forward to see Rachel affected by that.

*Loved how Allison was all over getting Leiki out to help Sarah.

*Loveee Mika. I didn't expect to, but I do. Tatiana is amazing.

*Loved Helena having twins and her nice conversation with Sarah.

*Sarah continues to be hella hot.

*Don't care about Felix's family plot or Kyra's cryptic messages. Or the plot about those drug dealers helena killed.

*Random thought: but I like ASMR and found that beginning scene with Rachel and BoyClone very amusing. "Follow the pen, Rachel..." LOL.

Edited by natyxg
  • Love 2

As a Texan I'm offended if they think Adele's accent is what we sound like. There's variation, of course, by region and especially by generation but overall our accent is pretty subdued compared to other southern accents. (Examples of Texans: Beyonce, Angie Harmon, Jim Parsons, Tommy Lee Jones, Selena Gomez; our accent tends to make us sound bored and a little annoyed)

I love Tat as Mika but the styling is not my fav. We call her Clone with a Dragon Tattoo. I think they could have gone for something more original.

• Love 4

Alison's campaign flyers the cops had seems to be quite a few of them in a neat stack, maybe that's why they wanted names of her campaigners.

I thought they had one smaller looking handout splattered with blood in a plastic evidence bag. I didn't realize that they had a whole pile of them!

why would Helena know of Carol Lombard?  She was a) not born yet and b) being raised by mean nuns in a Ukrainian convent and then turned into an assassin.  What is this, some sort of Through the Looking Glass La Femme Nikita?  Did she learn about 30s starlets in deportment class?

But I'm assuming that most people who have replied regarding Carole Lombard weren't yet born at the height of her career in the 1930s either but we still know who she is so it's possible that Helena (or any of the other clones) are familiar with her. She's been spending a lot of time watching tv at Alison's house so maybe she happened to watch an AMC marathon of old movies?

• Love 2

It just occurred to me that Rachel, of all the clones, would have been the most traumatized by the results of the damage to her eye/brain, since the drive for perfection of her mother was likely what made her into the highly-controlled and physically polished person she became. The kind of physical indignities she's dealing with would probably not faze Sarah, Cosima or Helena, and Allsion would likely organize the hell out of them.

I'm half hoping she's neolution plant, half hoping she's just as awful as they present her (and his mom, not his sister). Either way, it's part of the reverse bechdel test. Felix gets to be more than brother sestra. Yay!

ITA that finding something from Alison's campaign at the murder scene means nothing. Just like any other flyer, it's very likely that someone picked it up and then dropped it there.

I think the point was that they found a whole bunch of flyers or campaign memorabilia, not a single flyer. That's how I interpreted it, anyway. That's why they wanted to know who else was involved in the campaign, and would have had those things in bulk. I have a vague memory of Helena dropping something at the murder scene, a book bag or something? 

The flyers came into play at the end of last season when Donnie & Helena went to collect her bebees from Pouchy & family. I don't remember the particulars, but I do remember Pouchy placing one of Alison pink bags with a button and/or sticker on it on his desk while he was threatening Donnie & telling him that he's not giving the money back.

Or could they have come from the wrong envelope he was given in a previous ep when Donnie mixed up the compaign envelope with the money envelope.

On May 2, 2016 at 0:11 AM, slf said:

As a Texan I'm offended if they think Adele's accent is what we sound like. There's variation, of course, by region and especially by generation but overall our accent is pretty subdued compared to other southern accents. (Examples of Texans: Beyonce, Angie Harmon, Jim Parsons, Tommy Lee Jones, Selena Gomez; our accent tends to make us sound bored and a little annoyed.

I thought Adele was supposed to be from Georgia with that "accent." As a Southerner, I'm offended by the Hee Haw accents actors usually use when they play someone from the South. 

Donnie, Alison, and Helena make this show for me. Sarah is so morose now and I can't stand creepy Kyra.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:03 AM, kay1864 said:

Best line of the night:  "She's a scientist, and a lesbian.  She's not going to let it slide."

A very good line, but my favorite exchange was “Now go rent a jackhammer.” “Maybe we should just buy one."
Donnie's the bet.

• Love 7
On 5/5/2016 at 0:15 AM, kat165 said:

The flyers came into play at the end of last season when Donnie & Helena went to collect her bebees from Pouchy & family. I don't remember the particulars, but I do remember Pouchy placing one of Alison pink bags with a button and/or sticker on it on his desk while he was threatening Donnie & telling him that he's not giving the money back.

Or could they have come from the wrong envelope he was given in a previous ep when Donnie mixed up the compaign envelope with the money envelope.

So Allison had mixed up the envelopes.  She had the money envelope that was supposed to go to the drug dealers to get back the drugs so they could sell.  She gave Donnie the envelope with all her campaign flyers, stickers, stuff that she was supposed to turn in (for review? - was there also a signed petition?  I can't recall).

Big drama with drug dealers keeping Donnie prisoner while he called Alison to come back with the money envelope, she trying to get the envelope back from the election board, while also giving a speech that Cosima ended up starting, Alison's mother showing up at the speech and using Alison's ex/drug connection to intervene with the mother, Cosima needing some "clean" urine from Alison, etc.

So somehow they get the money envelope and get it to the drug dealers.  I don't recall what happened to Alison's campaign envelope, I assume they must have gotten back at least what they needed, since she continued with the election.  The drug dealers decided they didn't want to  work with Allison and Donny anymore, so they decided to keep the money and the drugs.  this info got relayed to Helena who went all River Tam on them and she brought back a duffle bag of money (thus eliminating Allison's need to sell drugs).  She didn't think to clean up, grab, trash Alison's campaign stuff, some of which must have remained at the scene.

I love that as much as Allison is a "soccer mom", she does what needs to be done, whether its sell drugs, bury or dig up a corpse.  She does it with a very minimum amount of fuss.

Edited by Hanahope