Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: Live Top 12 Eliminations

• Start Topic

:On the other hand, Christina Grimmie was not good live at all and I get why she never became a star. She has negative charisma live.

Maybe that's what happens when your entire "career" has consisted of shooting and posting videos of yourself. It's a new phenomena that the internet has given us. The performer who has a large following without ever having performed in front of an audience.

• Love 1

Maybe that's what happens when your entire "career" has consisted of shooting and posting videos of yourself. It's a new phenomena that the internet has given us. The performer who has a large following without ever having performed in front of an audience.

Is this a joke or true?  She has never done a concert tour or performed at the Grammys or charity event or anything?  She is a recording "artist" only?  oof  

I was glad to see her back after Gwen but the novelty wore off quickly!  

Is this a joke or true?  She has never done a concert tour or performed at the Grammys or charity event or anything?  She is a recording "artist" only?  oof  

I was glad to see her back after Gwen but the novelty wore off quickly!

I think you misread that. :)

The post was referencing former Voice contestant Christina Grimmie rather than judge Xtina (who has done lots of stuff live).

Apologies if I misinterpreted your post, wings, and you already knew that. I've certainly done that before!

I think you misread that. :)

The post was referencing former Voice contestant Christina Grimmie rather than judge Xtina (who has done lots of stuff live).

Apologies if I misinterpreted your post, wings, and you already knew that. I've certainly done that before!

LOL!  I read Christina "Grimmie"  to be a nickname for xtina because she is grim!!   

I don't know, but Tamar was one of Prince's proteges and sang co-lead on one of his Grammy nominated songs and back up vocals for his album 3121. (I disliked the fact that she pretended she'd left the business for school and never really had her shot.) I imagine she's taking the news pretty hard.

I watched the SNL Prince tribute and I failed to put 2 + 2 together when they showed him singing with a woman named Tamar. I thought it was another singer with big hair with the same name.

I'm surprised she never mentioned this during her blind audition. It was all about her leaving Destiny's Child pre-puberty.

My guess is the tribute will be Purple Rain with all the contestants and coaches on stage at the beginning of the show with Laith shredding some of Prince's solo at the end of the song.