Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E06: Take A Hike

• Start Topic

I checked MTV's schedule online. Ridiculousness is slated to air now, not Purple Rain. In other words, there's a chance that Prince's death may put off the shitshow for a week. I could use a break from Chris, Dione and Jenna, to be honest.

ETA: Checked StopBeingPolite. There will be no new episode tonight. Awesome for me . . . I get to watch Archer and Inside Amy Schumer on the same night. I mean, it's a shame that a legend died, but I'm okay with this outcome.

I am normally so easily hooked, but I feel nothing for this cast.  My heart has bled for Wes.  I regularly think about how proud I am of Paula.  I am a total sucker.  Chris leaves the Mormon Church, and I am totally dead inside.  He was crying!  I am supposed to be crying too, but I feel NOTHING.

I don't know.  I'm glad that it will finally occur to one of the girls to have sex with Dean instead of Dione, which is obviously the right choice.

• Love 2

Cast is splitting apart.

Jenna doesn't care if she's shunned.  Kailah can't stand she's not part of the cool kids, even though any group which includes Dionne can't be cool.

Challenge was kind of decent, as was the trip to the Grand Canyon.  They should have done the hike there.

BTW, if that was a real trek, it would have taken more than 90 minutes and they wouldn't be walking in their shorts.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, scrb said:

Kailah can't stand she's not part of the cool kids, even though any group which includes Dionne can't be cool.

If I were Kailah, I think I wouldn't be as concerned about being part of the "cool group" as I would be concerned about the duds I was being left behind with.  Jenna, Chris, and Sabrina (?) just don't seem like that much of a fun bunch.  I don't have a problem with Chris, he just doesn't seem like much fun.*    Jenna is a nonstarter for all the obvious reasons, and Sabrina looks like she sleeps a lot.  

It was strange that they invited Jenna out, but didn't invite Kailah.....that was just odd. 

*- Speaking of Chris why is he always wearing the same color underwear?  It always freaks me out because I think he has just been wearing the same underwear for weeks now.  I mean, if all I was going to wear on camera was underwear, I would make sure they are different colors/patterns.

• Love 1

Chris is still a punk. At least he got a good storyline this week. Good that BMP let him go to Salt Lake City.

Just one week: "For the next 24 hours, you have to act like adults." "*sigh* I'll pack my carny gear . . ." Anybody else expect sherpas to carry the kids up the mountain while the cameras were "distracted"?

ETA: The Girl Code/Ladylike bitch session was funny. I like how others aren't fond of the hoverboards.

• Love 1

Oh, Ceejai. I used to like her a lot, but it seems that she's  let her internalized misogyny get to her.  Sadly,  she is  one of those women who will diss the things that other women like to do and like to talk about,  just so she can distance herself from them and look cool to "the guys".  "I'm not like other girls!"  Its a shame. Now, I dislike her as much as I dislike Dione. Dean needs to get away from them stat, as he is the only likeable one out of the three.

Kailah is annoying and immature, but she's got a good heart.  I loved that she was there for Chris.

I didn't agree with the aggressive way that Chris was treating Jenna last episode, but he's still my favorite out of the bunch. I do think Jenna deserved most of it, but he got carried away with yelling at her. I don't get why she was so upset that what she did was on social media. Does she not know that everything she said was going to be shown on national television?

Speaking of Jenna, I do like that she is unapologetic about who she is, and manages to stay out of a lot of the drama...when she's not saying something racist or homophobic.

I can't stand Dione. He really is Johnny Bananas 2.0 with the way he's treating Kailah. I hope there is some challenge that he can't finish, and he ends up going home.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Zima said:

Oh, Ceejai. I used to like her a lot, but it seems that she's  let her internalized misogyny get to her.  Sadly,  she is  one of those women who will diss the things that other women like to do and like to talk about,  just so she can distance herself from them and look cool to "the guys".  "I'm not like other girls!"  Its a shame. Now, I dislike her as much as I dislike Dione. Dean needs to get away from them stat, as he is the only likeable one out of the three.

I respect Ceejai for being smart enough to not sexualize herself right away.  And I think thats why she has the boys respect too.  Kahliah immediately started talking about her gold plated vagina, and Sabrina was constantly trying to get Dionne to cuddle with her or kiss her or whatever.  I'm not saying that a girl can't be flirty and get respect, she certainly can, and that is what women deserve....but if you objectify yourself right away I think its hard.

I don't fault Ceejai for thinking that the conversation the other women have is lame.  If thats really all they talk about, I would find it lame too.  I think thats genuine, if I had to sit around listening to girls talk about their nails all day, I would get bored and find it silly.  I do however, think that sometimes Ceejai can be a tiny bit of a mean girl.  Like when Kaliah, CeeJai, Dionne and Dean were shooting pool at the bar and CeeJai starting kinda making fun of Kahliah to Dionne as soon as she left even though Kaliah had asked her to get Dionne to sleep with her.  That wasn't cool, but other that those things....I still like Ceejai.

• Love 1

IMO no one is more of a Mean Girl than Dione.  He enjoys making fun of people for sport....and the idea that Kailah fought hard to climb that mountain and he would joke about not touching the pole because it would be hilarious if she was sent home.  Mean Girl.  Him.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

IMO no one is more of a Mean Girl than Dione.  He enjoys making fun of people for sport....and the idea that Kailah fought hard to climb that mountain and he would joke about not touching the pole because it would be hilarious if she was sent home.  Mean Girl.  Him.  

He is an asshole.

My friend once said "women love an asshole, and men love a bitch," and I always think of that when I see Kailah/Sabrina* throwing themselves at him.

Granted, he isn't terrible looking, and he has beautiful hair...but these are two young, attractive girls in Vegas...even in that shithole of a hotel they are in there HAVE to be better looking dudes!

*--Sabrina does seem to be over Dionne, so good for her.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, RCharter said:

I respect Ceejai for being smart enough to not sexualize herself right away.  And I think thats why she has the boys respect too.  Kahliah immediately started talking about her gold plated vagina, and Sabrina was constantly trying to get Dionne to cuddle with her or kiss her or whatever.  I'm not saying that a girl can't be flirty and get respect, she certainly can, and that is what women deserve....but if you objectify yourself right away I think its hard.

I don't fault Ceejai for thinking that the conversation the other women have is lame.  If thats really all they talk about, I would find it lame too.  I think thats genuine, if I had to sit around listening to girls talk about their nails all day, I would get bored and find it silly.  I do however, think that sometimes Ceejai can be a tiny bit of a mean girl.  Like when Kaliah, CeeJai, Dionne and Dean were shooting pool at the bar and CeeJai starting kinda making fun of Kahliah to Dionne as soon as she left even though Kaliah had asked her to get Dionne to sleep with her.  That wasn't cool, but other that those things....I still like Ceejai.

Lol, what? Kailah wanted to have sex, so she had sex. I'm tired of this outdated notion that women should keep themselves chaste and refrain from engaging in sex in order to earn respect.  Women are not objects. They are people who have feelings and desires and enjoy sex just as much as men. I say good for her getting some. Where is all the outrage at Dione for having sex with Kailah and giving it up so easily? Especially when he has a girlfriend? Sorry, but I don't buy into that double standard, and thankfully, society is beginning to come around to the fact that women have a right to do what they want with their bodies just as much as men do. This is 2016, not 1950. The only thing I fault Kailah for is still giving that asshole the satisfaction of allowing him to upset her.  If she ignored him, it would be far more effective than engaging with him, but that's something that takes time and experience to realize. 

As for not enjoying talking about nails and makeup...that's fine, but I doubt that that's all the other women talk about. I haven't once heard them talk about any of that, so obviously they have a lot of other subjects that they discuss. From the looks of it, Ceejai certainly wears her fair share of makeup, so I call bs on her never ever wanting to discuss the topic.

Dione is the meanest of the mean girls, but Ceejai isn't far behind him as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Zima
  • Love 4

OnceSane . . . I was focusing on the hair when I put two and two together. I wonder if Chris watches the show, especially with its history of whacking Mormonism.

I still like Ceejai, because I want to root for at least one person. Dean and Sabrina fighr for the second and third positions, and the odds of them becoming Challenge veterans are slim. I could totally see Dione being a longtime Challenger, and that's a little depressing.

1 hour ago, Zima said:

Lol, what? Kailah wanted to have sex, so she had sex. I'm tired of this outdated notion that women should keep themselves chaste and refrain from engaging in sex in order to earn respect.  Women are not objects. They are people who have feelings and desires and enjoy sex just as much as men. I say good for her getting some. Where is all the outrage at Dione for having sex with Kailah and giving it up so easily? Especially when he has a girlfriend? Sorry, but I don't buy into that double standard, and thankfully, society is beginning to come around to the fact that women have a right to do what they want with their bodies just as much as men do. This is 2016, not 1950. The only thing I fault Kailah for is still giving that asshole the satisfaction of allowing him to upset her.  If she ignored him, it would be far more effective than engaging with him, but that's something that takes time and experience to realize. 

As for not enjoying talking about nails and makeup...that's fine, but I doubt that that's all the other women talk about. I haven't once heard them talk about any of that, so obviously they have a lot of other subjects that they discuss. From the looks of it, Ceejai certainly wears her fair share of makeup, so I call bs on her never ever wanting to discuss the topic.

Dione is the meanest of the mean girls, but Ceejai isn't far behind him as far as I'm concerned.

First off, I never said anything about her losing respect for having sex, I think she lost respect for objectifying herself as soon as possible.  Instead of talking to people about normal things, she started out with bragging about her gold plated vagina.  Women aren't objects, which is why its unfortunate that she chose to objectify herself.

If Dione had started out talking about his magic stick and then catching feelings after swearing he wouldn't, I would say the same thing about him.  Its funny to me when people find a double standard where there isn't one.  In this case, there isn't a double standard, there is just one standard....the one that applies to people not getting respect when they haven't shown themselves any respect by objectifying themselves as soon as possible. 

If you want people to think of you as more than an object than you can't treat yourself as a mere object.  As Oprah once said....you teach people how to treat you, and Kaliah has taught Dionne to treat her exactly the way he treats her.

Ceejai referred to that as being the only conversation the other women have.  Since this isn't a live cam show a la Big Brother, I'll take her word for it.  And that would annoy me, so I don't blame her for saying that the conversation is lame if thats what the conversation is.  

I actually think that its a much more odious standard to say that just because a woman applies makeup she must want to have discussions about it.  I put on makeup, that doesn't mean that I want to sit around talking about it.  The only person I really want to discuss makeup with is the makeup artist at Sephora.  The idea that if you use makeup you must want to have conversations about it is odd to me.  I also go to the gym 5-6 days a week....its another thing I don't want to talk about.  I also pee when I first wake up in the morning....another thing I'm not wanting to talk about.

Ceejai is a little bit of a mean girl but otherwise fine, Kaliah seems annoying, Dionne is an asshole, and the world keeps turning.  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/1/2016 at 7:48 PM, RCharter said:

First off, I never said anything about her losing respect for having sex, I think she lost respect for objectifying herself as soon as possible.  Instead of talking to people about normal things, she started out with bragging about her gold plated vagina.  Women aren't objects, which is why its unfortunate that she chose to objectify herself.

If Dione had started out talking about his magic stick and then catching feelings after swearing he wouldn't, I would say the same thing about him.  Its funny to me when people find a double standard where there isn't one.  In this case, there isn't a double standard, there is just one standard....the one that applies to people not getting respect when they haven't shown themselves any respect by objectifying themselves as soon as possible. 

If you want people to think of you as more than an object than you can't treat yourself as a mere object.  As Oprah once said....you teach people how to treat you, and Kaliah has taught Dionne to treat her exactly the way he treats her.

Ceejai referred to that as being the only conversation the other women have.  Since this isn't a live cam show a la Big Brother, I'll take her word for it.  And that would annoy me, so I don't blame her for saying that the conversation is lame if thats what the conversation is.  

I actually think that its a much more odious standard to say that just because a woman applies makeup she must want to have discussions about it.  I put on makeup, that doesn't mean that I want to sit around talking about it.  The only person I really want to discuss makeup with is the makeup artist at Sephora.  The idea that if you use makeup you must want to have conversations about it is odd to me.  I also go to the gym 5-6 days a week....its another thing I don't want to talk about.  I also pee when I first wake up in the morning....another thing I'm not wanting to talk about.

Ceejai is a little bit of a mean girl but otherwise fine, Kaliah seems annoying, Dionne is an asshole, and the world keeps turning.  

You're right about Kailah talking big game about how she wouldn't catch feelings, and I agree that the fact that she did end up doing so doesn't bode well for her.  Still, I don't blame her for the fact that Dione is a huge dick to her. There is absolutely no reason to treat anyone that way, regardless of whether or not you think they are objectifying themselves. 

I'm sure that the other women do talk about makeup, but the fact that they talk about other things on camera clearly shows that it is not the ONLY thing they ever talk about.

I wear makeup and I do talk about it sometimes, but much like the women in the Real World house, it is far from the ONLY thing I talk about.

I agree that the world does keep turning, and I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on everything else. :)

Edited by Stinger97
  • Love 1
(edited)

Bingo with regards to the objectification. Kailah led with her tin plated V, so in Dione's eyes, that is all she is..."a v for his d." She is not even a person as far as he is concerned. Part of why he intentionally acts like a total douche nozzle towards her. He is a total asshole, but I digress. It is too bad for her because I really believe she could have had the upper hand in that situation if she wanted it...but she is still young. Plenty of time to learn these things

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 1

I feel like I am probably in the minority but I actually like Kailah. Is she annoying? Yes but she's harmless and her heart is in the right place.

Dione, on the other hand, really bothers me now. I thought he seemed kinda cool and funny in the first few episodes but he's just kind of an ass now.

i still like CeeJau but she has been a little too wishy-washy for me lately.

• Love 1

If Dione hadn't touched the pole, they would have failed the mission?  So...if Dione hadn't touched the pole, he would have been the reason they failed the mission?  Wouldn't that make him the weakest link and the person to be sent home?  Kailah did her part, even if she did it poorly and by the skin of her teeth, but she was at that pole with her hand on it before time was up.  I would have loved to see Dione not touch the pole, and everyone else come to the conclusion he was the reason they failed the mission and should be sent home.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, lasu said:

If Dione hadn't touched the pole, they would have failed the mission?  So...if Dione hadn't touched the pole, he would have been the reason they failed the mission?  Wouldn't that make him the weakest link and the person to be sent home?  Kailah did her part, even if she did it poorly and by the skin of her teeth, but she was at that pole with her hand on it before time was up.  I would have loved to see Dione not touch the pole, and everyone else come to the conclusion he was the reason they failed the mission and should be sent home.  

I think in Dione's mind there was no chance he was going home....that the group would pick Kailah or Jenna.  It's another reason I consider him such a Mean Girl that he can screw with people for sport and no one would even think of coming at him.  He has his Mean Girl minions at his side.  

Now wouldn't it be delicious if that didn't happen and people sent him packing, but looking at the group and the numbers...nope, he's right.  Chris and Kailah would stick together, but Kailah or Jenna would turn on each other and the others would be votes in Dione's pocket.  

• Love 2
On 5/1/2016 at 6:28 PM, Zima said:

Lol, what? Kailah wanted to have sex, so she had sex. I'm tired of this outdated notion that women should keep themselves chaste and refrain from engaging in sex in order to earn respect.  Women are not objects. They are people who have feelings and desires and enjoy sex just as much as men. I say good for her getting some. Where is all the outrage at Dione for having sex with Kailah and giving it up so easily? Especially when he has a girlfriend?

For me Dione said he only wanted a casual thing and has acted casual since then.  Kailah also said she was cool with casual sex but in reality she was not and has acted the typical 50s girl since then.  This bugs the hell out of me.  She was all, "I'm hip and cool and the feminist woman...."  I call bullshit.  She wanted him to fall in love and dedicate the rest of the season to her and she can not, not tell us how she feels duped every second of every day.  She is a poser.

Can't stand Jenna.  I want to tell her to stop worrying about how no one understands you and it is perfectly fine to be racist, homophobic ets.  She needs to get her teeth fixed.  Maybe her parents should have spent more time at the orthodontist office and not so much time instilling such views.

I am so over this show.  It get's more gross each and every season.  It looks like a bunch of dirty people.

• Love 3

"When you play me, you play yourself" -- Prince

I think this quote applies to Dionne/Kaliah.  She was hoping to "play him" and get him to fall in love with her gold plated vajayjay so she could jerk him around a little and treat him the way he is treating her.  But in trying to play him, she played herself and now she ends up looking silly.  I think if Dionne had shown any true interest in her, she would immediately lose interest.  

• Love 2

Maybe she doesn't really know herself yet.  She doesn't know what field she wants to get into.

They showed a clip of her application video and she didn't look so done up with the makeup and the hair.

She may think she can be a player like guys, hook up without catching feelings.  Or believe that she has the upper hand because of the gold vagina or whatever term she used.

Like many women her age, she goes for the bad boy, the guy who feigns disinterest to wanting to hook up with her.  Of course Dionne playing it cool just made her want it more.

Next episode should be interesting with his ex girlfriend coming for a visit.  She already said she resents that she'll have to see him "f*** that b**** on camera" or words to that effect.

This guy lives at home and has no goals other than to party on his parents' dime.  What does it say about the women who find him such a catch?

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, scrb said:

Sabrina has made a couple of funny cracks on the After Shows.

She does, but as she is not a racist, homophobe, and isn't willing to debase herself for any penis that walks through the door she has been largely ignored.

• Love 2