Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

Give me more of the Maks/Len alliance!  

Sharna has been amazing as a partner from her first season.  Not so much in choreo and teaching the dance.  Yet, the connections she makes are off the charts awesome.  I still can't believe how she was with Andy Dick (the most apt surname in histoire).   

While if I had to bet, I would bet that Maks and Bruno wrote scores of 9 on the original ballot, too much of me believes that BBC America exercised a veto over actual 10 scores having been submitted.  I so wish I did not have such cynicism.

I think the actual B2 is Doug and Jodie.  If Doug does not go soon, my viewing of this show is in jeopardy.

They also got a week of headlines out of it.

I really think sometimes viewers overestimate all this so-called media and press around this show, which is probably also why you have people like Maks who think they're a bigger star than they really are. These people are like C-List at best - all of them. That said, the show got pretty much the same media coverage it gets most weeks. People, US Weekly, ET, etc. feature it in their television/reality show coverage and that was about it. And most of the talk was about the scoring snafu more than anything else. No one really cared much about Maks and his "keeping it real" judging other than on discussion boards like this. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Every season someone says it means nothing, but for a good dancer to be there twice before week 5 means something is not working, and they are putting her there to crank up support for her. Sure it is normal to see Doug there, low marks but a sentimental fave, but Maks was pretty direct about fan base, when talking about Jodie. When the show tips its hand like that, it is hard to deny she isn't getting the votes.

I never said it didn't mean anything.  What I said is that people are making assumptions.  TPTB could have a whole different reason for sticking Jodie there repeatedly.  Point is we can all guess and make assumptions, but we do not know as fact and neither time was Jodie announced to be in a legit B2.   Because if the whole point of putting Jodie there is to rev her fanbase up and get them scared, why not just announce she's in the actual B2 or B3 so her fans get running to the phones or their computers to vote?  You are going to generate more fan support for her telling people she's in the actual B2 then just sort of lamely suggesting she might be B2.  To me it's no different than TPTB continually burying Kim in the first few dance slots every week (she's dancing first again this week) in a means to get people to forget about her.  Sometimes not putting somebody in the faux B2 or B3 is just as much of a deliberate move as the opposite.  If Kim was ever really in the bottom group, I'm guessing TPTB don't want to rally her people.

Also Maks talks to hear Maks talk.  He's been saying stupid stuff since the beginning of time.  I can't take anything seriously that comes out of his mouth.

I'll also echo I'm not sure the show really got much out of the whole thing with Maks.  There was more controversy and heated discussions amongst existing fans of the show, but the press coverage was about the same.  Also switch up week with Maks was the lowest rated night of the season, so his presence did not do a thing to draw people to watch.  It was also particularly notable since Disney night was the highest rated night of the season and many of those people did not tune back in last week. 

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1