Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Mad As A Hatter

• Start Topic

Brandi is trying too hard to try and set herself apart from the 'society' she frequents with. Seems like a desperate effort to project herself as a laid back, personable girl in contrast to the prim and proper socialites. You can be funny, entertaining and have fun anywhere without having to resort to juvenile tactics. Donating lots of money doesn't give you a pass to behave and say whatever you want. She may not have come from much but her comments reek of someone who seems to think that her hubby's money and social status buys her way through life. 

Stephanie reminds me of Leslie Mann. In the way she looks and in the way she speaks. Maybe it's not an obvious similarity but for whatever reason, she reminds me of her. Stephanie is really immature. Not as much as a try hard as Brandi but still, fun and young energy doesn't mean being stuck with a grade school humour. 

Leanne is socialite wannabe. How does someone who was raised by the carnival lack humour to that degree? I'm still waiting to see that humour she supposedly has. Her charity work is going toward worthwhile causes which is great, but I think it's fair to discuss the intent behind her involvement in the charitable circles. It's hard to be that impressed with someone for such work when all the efforts shown thus far portray them to be someone who is using great causes for the purpose of climbing the social ladders of their community. 

• Love 6

I forgot about something until I saw the repeat (couldn't get to sleep last night and even this show didn't put me to sleep).  At THE event of the season, someone with Lee Ann said how does her husband (Brandi's husband) let her go out like that or do that?  Whoa.  Like she has to be submissive and be the little wifey?  The way they said it was like the husband was the lord and master.  Uh, the 1950's called and even they don't want that attitude back. 

I didn't get the bow (or beau) with me comment that was previewed.  It almost was like you need to kowtow to me now (bitch was implied).

The casting job was awful for this show.  I'd still take DC (minus Salahis) over Potomac and Dallas.  At least some of them had real money and connections.

This is a mileage may vary thing.  I'm okay with the woman asking if Brandi's husband would approve -- the hat had fake poop on it, and not just a little bit of it. 

It was a big F-U to everyone for whom that event was something special.  Partners can still approve/disapprove of each other's actions, even in the 21st century.  Our actions reflect on our partners. 

The "bow/beau" thing -- is it possible that LeeAnne doesn't know how to pronounce bow?  As in bow down? 

• Love 4

Wow. Y'all, this show is bad. Like, really bad.

And look, I love dogs as much as the next person but put the animal down while you're preparing food, red-headed wife whose name I can't remember. My food safety certified brain wanted to hide in the corner watching that scene.

LOL at Keith Sub-Urban.

• Love 7

The "bow/beau" thing -- is it possible that LeeAnne doesn't know how to pronounce bow?  As in bow down?

Is it possible that Leanne means bow up as in take an aggressive stance?  I have heard "bow up" in terms of a man "bowing up" to another man.

Y'all, I looked at the photos from MadHatter again and I did not recognize Leann and Tiffany when I looked at them the first time.

You cannot tell the lady dressed like her dog anything.  She just knows that she looks good.  Why couldn't production get her on camera talking about her outfit?  Instead, we got conversation about poop.

Edited by ToukieSmith

Cary the nurse really thinks she's the shit, doesn't she?  I feel bad for her husband.  She really thought he was ugly when they met -- his bank account was attractive, though.  I wonder what their timeline is and how long they've been married, etc?

• Love 7

So the woman who last episode was calling someone out for being an attention whore wore a hat with fake poop to an event. Um. Yeah.

If she were smarter I'd think she was commenting on the whole scene. As it stands she's kind of obnoxious.

Also, did she really half complain about feeling obligated to care for her own two kids? What a terrible person. Great reality show character though. So far I enjoy disliking her.

I still don't mind Leanne. She's over the top but not evil yet.

The others need to step up. I don't even notice them.

• Love 4

I have almost never given up on a show after only two episodes. I think this poop-fest might just force my hand on that. Good grief on whole wheat toast. I wasn't bored, but I spent my time with my face in that "oh really?" expression. For me the worst moment was when they put dog feces on the freakin' chair. On.The.Chair. That was just gross.

I think I'm on the gone train.

• Love 1

So, did Cary name her baby Zuri because Suri was taken? Also, nice of her husband to hear that he wasn't worthy of banging her until he lost his manboobs. Anyone else get the feeling that she sought out this third marriage because of his money and status, and gave herself the task of molding him into what she wanted? 

I found the Mad Hatter charity utterly ridiculous. These women spend thousands of dollars on hats? HATS??? Why not take that extra money and donate it to the arboretum? I just don't get it. I'd rather stay home and write a bigger check. That's why, even though I cannot stand Brandi's potty humor, I thought the poop hat was kind of a hilarious "eff you" to such a stupid display of money better spent elsewhere. I don't think she was necessarily trying to make a statement, though....

I find it hilarious how above it all Leeanne acts. She was going on and on about how tacky Brandi was, and how people at these charity events are supposed to be "impeccable, graceful, and elegant". And I just wanted to know how I was supposed to take that seriously when she has 10 pounds of fuchsia blush slathered on her cheeks? Impeccable my ass. She looked like a 5-year-old did her makeup. 

And yea, Brandi, enough with the poop jokes! Your kids don't even think it's funny! And kids usually love to talk about poop. 

Also, why WHY are you holding your dog while baking? Ew. Poor grandma. 

Travis owns fur coats. He is dead to me now. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4

I forgot about something until I saw the repeat (couldn't get to sleep last night and even this show didn't put me to sleep).  At THE event of the season, someone with Lee Ann said how does her husband (Brandi's husband) let her go out like that or do that?  Whoa.  Like she has to be submissive and be the little wifey?  The way they said it was like the husband was the lord and master.  Uh, the 1950's called and even they don't want that attitude back. .

Well for one, Brandi is connected to their society through her husband's status which would lend to why others would consider his feelings and opinions on his wife's behavior (as she is a representative of both of them at these gathering). I didn't interpret it as an expectation she should be submissive but it's more of a reflection of how they view their own image. Their image is so precious that they couldn't fathom associating with someone who showed up to a 'sophisticated' charity event dressed the way she did. Seeing as how they felt embarrassed for her, they made the assumption that her husband likely does as well so why would he let her go out in public and embarrass him like that? It all ties into their very conservative and judgmental views on how someone should dress, speak and behave.

• Love 3
I wonder how Brandi's absent over-achiever I want to be filthy rich by the time I'm 40 husband is feeling about watching his wife make a total ass of herself on national TV.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that her husband's goal is to be "a multimillionaire by the time he's 40"? It's not - "I want to be a successful lawyer" or "I want to own my own tech company" or "I want to design the best buildings in Dallas". There's no specific passion there, no niche. He just wants "x" amount of money by "x" amount of years. That would totally turn me off.

• Love 2

I absolutely understand the eyerolls at Brandi over her overdone poop humor. It's just not that funny. But I do think she says some of the most sensible stuff. It IS ridiculous that women pay thousands on hats they'll wear once to a charity function instead of making their own and donating the money to the charity. Ditto on hosting charity parties. And yep, Stephanie is a people pleaser. And I also sniggered at Travis owning 2 fur coats in Texas. <br /><br />Leeanne does come off as completely desperate in regards to marriage. The stench hangs around her like a cheap Cologne.

Fur debate aside, I can see a southern man who loves to go to away Cowboys football games wearing a fur coat to go to the NE, Chicago, Denver.  I don't think he would stand out at all.  I don't see a lot of men in fur but have seen more at pro football games than anywhere.  A fur coat is a very affordable "luxe" item, easy to find second hand item and even super old ones can still look awesome.  I have two, both purchased second hand for peanuts.  The last one I bought was $200 which probably sold originallyfor $6k+.  Full-length to the ankle beaver with fox collar with fancee big time label.  End of season at a high end resale boutique. They just wanted to move the big bulky coats.  The owner sold 4 furs while I was there that morning.  I only wear it when it's super cold.

• Love 3

If he's in sales or upper level management, I can't see the invitations rolling in to meet the rising executive star and his dallas cowboy cheerleader wife with the verbal skills and interests of a 5 yo.

• Love 2

Fur debate aside, I can see a southern man who loves to go to away Cowboys football games wearing a fur coat to go to the NE, Chicago, Denver.  I don't think he would stand out at all.  I don't see a lot of men in fur but have seen more at pro football games than anywhere.  A fur coat is a very affordable "luxe" item, easy to find second hand item and even super old ones can still look awesome.  I have two, both purchased second hand for peanuts.  The last one I bought was $200 which probably sold originallyfor $6k+.  Full-length to the ankle beaver with fox collar with fancee big time label.  End of season at a high end resale boutique. They just wanted to move the big bulky coats.  The owner sold 4 furs while I was there that morning.  I only wear it when it's super cold.

I was only giggling at what Travis must look like in his giant man-furs :D

• Love 3

So, did Cary name her baby Zuri because Suri was taken? ..

If I remember correctly, it was written "Züri", and "Züri" is a kind of nickname for "Zürich", in the German part of Switzerland. So I think that's the reason why :)
  • Love 1

For some reason I was imagining him in just a pair of Speedos, a lot of chest hair and a short fur coat. With some gold jewelry and tanning oil, of course. He also looks like the type who would have a gold ring or two or a bracelet.

Hence!! The giggling!

• Love 3

Hey I like a man in fur - it's very Anthony Hopkins in Legends of the Fall.   Ha ha - just imagining that Dallas hubby in his fur walking out his McMansion driveway...  "Screwemmmmm". 

I just got a mental image of Brandi's husband doing the Tony Soprano stroll down his driveway to get the morning paper, except wearing a fur coat over his boxers and t-shirt instead of a bathrobe.   

• Love 3

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that her husband's goal is to be "a multimillionaire by the time he's 40"? It's not - "I want to be a successful lawyer" or "I want to own my own tech company" or "I want to design the best buildings in Dallas". There's no specific passion there, no niche. He just wants "x" amount of money by "x" amount of years. That would totally turn me off.

I may be wrong, but I believe this is how Brandi described her husband's goals.  Not how her husband described his goals.  I am guessing that his description would be more detailed like above vs in generalities about money like Brandi gave.

Also I think her husband does something with real estate development. Not actually building anything, just dealing with the business/financial side. I'm not sure how you can talk about specifics when you do something like that. Kind of like an accountant talking about achievements, or an insurance agent. No offense to any out there :)

I just got a mental image of Brandi's husband doing the Tony Soprano stroll down his driveway to get the morning paper, except wearing a fur coat over his boxers and t-shirt instead of a bathrobe.   

I think it is Brandi's blonde friend's scary ass husband, Travis, that has the fur coats.  I'm spotty on all the names still, but I know Brandi because she's the annoying poop one and Travis because he's the scary one.  I don't know the names of Brandy's husband or Travis's wife.  

• Love 3

Cary you are a POS in my book, talking about your fixer upper husband who was married (did anyone get that blip) balding and fat doesn't make you look funny, it makes you look like a gold digging, superficial bitch.

The RHOBH come off more down to earth than these idiots.

Angry much? Lol

• Love 6
I think it is Brandi's blonde friend's scary ass husband, Travis, that has the fur coats.  I'm spotty on all the names still, but I know Brandi because she's the annoying poop one and Travis because he's the scary one.  I don't know the names of Brandy's husband or Travis's wife.

Yes it's Travis.  The one who gives her a chore list so she earns her keep.

• Love 5

Cary the nurse really thinks she's the shit, doesn't she?  I feel bad for her husband.  She really thought he was ugly when they met -- his bank account was attractive, though.  I wonder what their timeline is and how long they've been married, etc?

Can you imagine your signficant other going on a TV show talking abot how ugly you were before you were dating?  Adding the "No, I wasn't fucking him when he wasn't repulsive."  

I'm seriously hoping that he finds some younger, hotter, with magical snatch because seriously bitch, you just aren't all that.

• Love 8

I wonder how much would be raised if Leanne sporting the carny clown blush were put in a dunk tank. I'm sure quite a few would line up with their checkbooks open for a chance to throw a ball and dump her fanny time and time again.

• Love 5

I wonder how much would be raised if Leanne sporting the carny clown blush were put in a dunk tank. I'm sure quite a few would line up with their checkbooks open for a chance to throw a ball and dump her fanny time and time again.

Those cheeks.  OMG.  It's a shame because she's actually very pretty.  

• Love 2

For any of the Dallas area locals, did you notice that the two guys that Leanne griped to were Dallas news men?  Ron Corning was the guy sitting at the table with the "outraged" man(rolling eyes) and Jody(can't remember his last name) was the other guy that she talked to before she went to sit down.  Jody used to be on, maybe, the Good Morning Texas or some morning show but I never see him on TV anymore but I recognized him right off the bat.  Did y'all recognize them?

• Love 1

This show......ugh!

I liked Cary until she degraded her husband on national television. She probably works with him to make sure he doesn't stray.

LeAnne, step away from the blush. How weird her winning hat last year needed it's own ride to the party, and this year her hat was so plain. Her boyfriend is so not into her! How weird at the cookout with Tiffany and notKeithUrban, they were eating steak with their plates on their laps.

Brandi with the dog in a baby carrier, just no! What a lame birthday party for her mom. That single layer chocolate, fur lined cake wouldn't have fed half the guests. No other food? Oh and Brandi, Stephanie is not your friend. She is playing both sides!

This show stinks.....like poop!

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 4

Good grief. There's nothing funny about a 30 something acting like a 2 year boy. Brandi Redmond is one of those people that thinks she's hilarious but the joke is on her. She's too dim to figure that out however. Does she understand that when you are a mother you are also modeling for her children and the other children she is near?

Poop, Jesus Juice?

She is like Brandi Glanville from RHBH in that she thinks anyone that doesn't act like a 2 year old is a pearl clutcher. No, it just means that they matured beyond middle school hijinks. Brandi G is far more, dare I say, mature and sophisticated and I think Brandi G is hopeless...this is embarrassing and insulting to Dallas.

Leeanne seems crazy. It's sad because it appears there is nothing likable about any of these women and I thought Potomac was horrible. This is just the 2015-16 version of Big Rich Texas.

• Love 3

It was nice seeing children again on a Bravo show, but Brandi's obsession with poo has kind of turned me off this franchise.  I think my children fill is better found on There Goes the Motherhood.  All I wanted to say to Brandi is put the effing dog down now.  The editors at Bravo seem to be obsessed by poo. 

• Love 1

Like Gamble in RHOM, I think there's is a lively intelligence possibly lurking behind Brandy's dimwit faecophile baby voice persona. The poop references are tired already but the girl seems to be gunning to give the haters and judgers a major fu at every opportunity. Maybe because she's juvenile but also because, unlike LeeAnn, she presumably CAN. As she likes to remind us, her and her husband donate. Something the wild eyed and desperate LeeAnn will never be capable of doing. I imagine LeeAnn goes home at nights and sticks pins into voodoo doll facsimiles of everyone she knows. They'll never accept her and Brandy is immediately aware of this major Achilles heel LeeAnn has.

Speaking of desperate. Cary (is that her name), the doctor's wife. And Taylor Armstrong. Many similarities including that 'I'm screaming behind my eyes' look. Watch for it.

• Love 6

Anyone who has watched the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders show will appreciate the monumental leap Brandi has made. From squeaky clean virtuous girl next door to booze-swilling potty mouthed idiot. Kelly Finglass must be apoplectic.

• Love 5

Re: the woman whose husband wants to be a multimillionaire by 40, are they renting or are houses cheap? I mean, it wasn't my taste but it looked expensive and renting seems stupid given their financial goals (and our country's tax policy and how it favors homeowners...). I guess a starter home wouldn't be as glamorous but at least they could take the equity and go elsewhere. <br /><br />Don't have more to say about this show. I've watched a lot of bad tv but I think I'm finished with this.

I did lol at "I can't believe her husband is letting her do that." Seriously? What century are we in?

According to the taxes and MLS history, Brandy and Bryan bought the house in 2014 for $905,000, so I guess he must be making decent money? 

• Love 2

There was a 2015-16 Big Rich Texas??

Hi ButterQueen,

I was just commenting that I thought this Dallas housewives show was of a similar nature to the Big Rich TX show, meaning this show is low rent, fake drama, not high society in the slightest! That show was on a channel that was bought out and most of their shows are no longer on the air. Wasn't it the Style network?

Tidbit: I'm not sure if anyone here noticed that Leeann was a background player on Big Rich Texas? I think someone already mentioned her but I don't recall the post.

• Love 2

~late seeing this episode.

The wife (s) putting on husband's fur coats as the protective barrier from TOXIC spray was so telling.

A psychologists dream patient!  

ETA: And a divorce lawyers 'zero regard for safety & well being of spouse' proof. 

These ladies are on the creepy side of ditzy

Edited by LydiaOhLydia

Brandi and Bryan named their kids Brooklyn and Brinkley. Forget the hat o' turds. That's more than enough to make them social pariahs.

So the "social event of the season" in Dallas can be attended by buying a $350 ticket? Bitches, please. That's like a bag of groceries in NYC.

• Love 4