Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: #TeamLucifer

When a woman is found dead on the Hollywood Walk of Fame – with her body twisted into the shape of a pentagram – the investigation leads Lucifer and team into the world of Satanists, where they soon realize, evil doesn't always live where we expect it to.

I hope there will be some Trixie at least, some Trixifer at best. I know, I know,  the writers are right to make her scarce, too much cute kills the cute etc. I know they're right and I commend them for it. But I'm in withdrawal so please can I have just one slay-me-with-adorable scene, please? 

• Love 1

Do you think we will get any hints in the last two episodes of the season on WHY Chloe affects Lucifer the way he does? 

In a new TV Line interview, Tom Ellis gives a clue...

TVLINE | Is there something larger and more nefarious at play there, other than “true love” dousing his powers?

Oh, I think so…. A few people have made that assumption, that maybe just because he’s in love with her that he’s gone soft, but our story is much bigger than that.

I was so relieved to hear this! I hated the idea that "twoo wuv" was making him vulnerable because IMO that's the kind of lame Once Upon a Time-type explanation that I'd like Lucifer to avoid.

Edited by vampdetective
  • Love 11

The 4th wall in jokes towards the comics were cracking me up this episode!!

Also a lot of powerful character development for Lucifer and his motivations in this one.  

But I've got to say ...

IS IT NEXT WEEK YET????

• Love 13

Trixie was delightfully mercenary;  just some chocolate cake? No, money with which to purchase what chocolate cake she wishes! *g*  Tom Ellis and "Trixie" are adorable together. Can half the gag reel be those two being goofy at/with one another?

Aaaaaand Dan's back to being Det. Douche because it's been three weeks of show time and he can't just tell Chloe about Malcolm?!  That Malcolm has been acting off since his near-death and that he told Dan some dude hired him to kill Lucifer? That's as simple as it needs to be. Also, come clean about getting the gun out of evidence, or Chloe will find out in the worst way possible. I don't want Dan to die, but damnation, he's not earning any love either.

Not that Lucifer was covered in glory this episode either with the inanity of how he was acting around Chloe. Really, dude? She's a cop. ( Though his attempts to check for wings/stubs was funny!)  He needs to explain again to Amenadiel how letting the murderous mortal cop get away is only on Amenadiel.

Amendude had the choice to bring Mal back or not. Had the choice to set him on Lucifer. Had the choice to sleep with Mazikeen or not. To keep sleeping with her or not. Thinking is hard and being a divine sheeple is easy.  I get it.  Still, Dad isn't going to be impressed with how you handled Free Will, Amenadiel. You have chosen poorly.

Poor Dr. Linda, still fighting the good fight for Lucifer's mental health! I find myself either smiling or being very concerned for Dr. Linda, as she is very much like Trixie, to me. They both aren't on tons ( but Linda can stand a bit more screentime, imo), but they are important and wonderful counterpoints to Lucifer and Maze. (Now friends to the latter!)

Grrrr- is it next week?

edited because spaces are helpful.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 3

Easily my favorite episode so far. Show, you're much more interesting when dealing directly with Lucifer's story than passing the time with the case of the week.

Dang Amenadiel, you messed up with Malcolm. That is one crazy mofo. They've done a nice job bringing the plot together, and I'm ready for more effects of the divine on the mortal world.

On the shallow side, Tom Ellis's (non-blond) hair was very pretty tonight. And beyond that, he gave a fantastic performance. Follicular hue aside, he's perfect for the role. His horror at the depravity of the murders was so well done, and at times I feel like I'm seeing Marc Hempel's interpretation right there on the screen.

Super excited for next week.

Edited by kennyab
  • Love 9

Chloe and Dan at the precinct! Chloe at a desk with her name on it! Woah. 

Even though Lucifer has been good at putting things together, he does meet a lot of people so I kind of love that they're not making him easily remember the preacher.

So, Trixie has upgraded to cash deals since last we saw her! The fetching shitck isn't old at all. "Are you adopted?" Oh Luci, the kids are always the last to know that one, don't you watch TV? Aw, he remembered her cake of choice.

Lucifer said to Amenadiel exactly what a lot of the audience has been about his behavior since being on Earth but it didn't really seem to register with him or he found it insignificant. I hope that's addressed next week. Another thing I really want addressed next week, though Lucifer is a fallen Angel, apparently he still falls into the category of angels get hurt Angel's, so, does that mean if Angel's are incapable of taking a mortal life, does that mean Lucifer can't kill someone even if he wanted too?

I can't express how much I loved all of Lucifer's outrage, and Tom Ellis in general, throughout the episode with all the "I don't stand for THIS!" stuff.

I started reading Book 1 (which is the first 4 or 5 issues together?) of the comics last week and I think I was too excited to get the shout-outs in the episode.

Next week!! Oh, Malcolm, for someone who wanted to be BFFs with the devil so badly, that's the worst plan ever.

• Love 3

Yay for the just right amount of Trixie who is a rather smart and mercenary little girl.

Not enough of Dr. Linda.  I always really enjoy their segments.

Overall, an excellent episode.  They've set up next week's finale really well.  The wait till next week is going to be torture.

• Love 3

So. Much. Love. Gah!!

I can't believe we have to wait until next week to see what happens. I also can't believe next week is already the season finale. I will be longing for this show all summer, I already know it.

I loved everything about it! Lucifer's anger, and frustration and hurt and betrayal. His suspicions of Chloe, dragging Dr. Linda to her office in the middle of the night to discuss his issues.

The Amendude and Maze scene in bed.

The Luci and Amrndude's fight scene.

Malcom being a little shit. I can't wait until he finally gets his!

It's late, I'm rambling, but seriously, so much love. #TeamLucifer indeed.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 3

One very common theory about why Chloe has the effect on Lucifer that she does is that she's fallen angel/nephilim/etc.  I thought it interesting that Lucifer's mind went in the same direction and inspected her back.  It certainly makes sense since only another angel can damage him as we've seen Amenadiel do twice.  This does cause second thoughts about the "emotional vulnerability to Chloe making him physically vulnerable to her" theory.

So. Much. Love. Gah!!

I can't believe we have to wait until next week to see what happens. I also can't believe next week is already the season finale. I will be longing for this show all summer, I already know it.

So true!  I've been telling everyone on FB how the summer hiatus is going to be torture.  I haven't been this crazy for a show since Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and I want to talk with everyone about it.  I just might log into my Twitter account in order to use the hashtag.

• Love 3

Did anyone else see how flat and tight maze stomach was in the beginning. Do you need to work out to get stomach like that in hell or is it just a side de fits of working for the man.

I wonder what lucifer lawyer will be like. A woman or a man?

Edited by gwhh

I don't get why Lucifer is so surprised by Malcolm being batshit crazy. If that's the effect being in Hell for 30 seconds has on someone, wouldn't essentially ever human he ever met before the past five years have been a lunatic?

I haven't kept up with the show, and want to catch up with it on-demand. I'm also glad that the detective's effect on him is about something other than "true love". 

Great episode. They're on a roll. Loved the comic in-jokes. I wonder if the real Mike Carey knows he's been fictionalized as a devil worshipper.

Yay for another Lucifer/Trixie scene, where they have an actual conversation. It's been tooo long.

Is it wrong that I don't want Malcolm to get killed? Lucifer having an unwanted minion is hilarious. Love the expressions on Luci's face whenever Malcolm touched him.

Or if Malcolm has to go, instead of killing him, just send him to a Lucifer spinoff with Dan -- Douche & Stache, a buddy cop procedural.

It's going to be a loooong summer. I really hope that Lucifer got a 22-episode renewal so it will be just the summer vs. a 13-episode renewal and second season not starting till January 2017.

Lucifer said to Amenadiel exactly what a lot of the audience has been about his behavior since being on Earth but it didn't really seem to register with him or he found it insignificant. I hope that's addressed next week. Another thing I really want addressed next week, though Lucifer is a fallen Angel, apparently he still falls into the category of angels get hurt Angel's, so, does that mean if Angel's are incapable of taking a mortal life, does that mean Lucifer can't kill someone even if he wanted too?

I don't think angels are incapable of taking a human life. They're just forbidden to do it by God, though it looks like Amenadiel has fudged it by getting other people to do the killing for him, e.g. the security guard getting killed when Lucifer's wings were stolen.

Likewise, I don't think Lucifer is incapable of taking a human life. He just not into taking lives cavalierly and hasn't yet come across anyone who deserves death as a punishment.

Edited by vampdetective
  • Love 3

I loved this episode probably even more than last week's. It was funny and intense at the same time and Ellis got to play a whole range of emotions!

So, since Lucifer sent Chloe to get his "ID", does that mean that Lucifer has given up on convincing Chloe that he's the Devil? Or is he just afraid that the truth might mess with her head?

And Dan never questioned how Lucifer could still be alive in three weeks? O-kay. I think they could have done a little more out of that since Dan knew Malcolm wanted to kill Lucifer, Lucifer had the gunshot holes in his shirt and Lucifer had actually been threatened by Malcom with a gun. I find it a bit unbelievable that there would have been conversation about that with Lucifer and/or Chloe. On the other hand if there had been, we wouldn't have had this great episode so I'm willing to overlook that.

Too bad that next week already is the season finale!  

• Love 1

Thank you, writers, for slaying me with adorable in this one. Yay!

Lucifer: "are you adopted?"

Trixie: stays chill.

Priceless.

Douche and Stache was line of the week, though.

Malcolm was making me jittery but I didn't expect at all that he was the killer. Nice (if I can say so) twist! It's 100% on Amenadiel.

Maze has enough feelings for Amenadiel to hesitate before killing him. Interesting. Hopefully, Lucifer and Amenadiel will get to be frenemies/bronemies and reluctant allies at time rather than truly wanting to kill each other, I think it will serve the show better on the long run.

And Dan never questioned how Lucifer could still be alive in three weeks? O-kay. I think they could have done a little more out of that since Dan knew Malcolm wanted to kill Lucifer, Lucifer had the gunshot holes in his shirt and Lucifer had actually been threatened by Malcom with a gun. I find it a bit unbelievable that there would have been conversation about that with Lucifer and/or Chloe. On the other hand if there had been, we wouldn't have had this great episode so I'm willing to overlook that.

It bothered me, too. I expected some fallout in this episode since I already thought it was clearly postponed in the previous episode. I can imagine that Chloe refused to talk to Dan about his text message during three weeks; and he if doesn't want to reveal anything about Malcolm, it makes sense. But indeed, how didn't Dan question what he saw?

Very intense episode and joining the choir, is it next week yet! (I've been waiting for this particular trope forever!)

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

One very common theory about why Chloe has the effect on Lucifer that she does is that she's fallen angel/nephilim/etc.  I thought it interesting that Lucifer's mind went in the same direction and inspected her back.  It certainly makes sense since only another angel can damage him as we've seen Amenadiel do twice.  

I don't think she's an angel, but maybe she has an ancestor that's one. The only problem with that is that Trixie should have the same effect on him then, but I guess since he's never in danger when he's around Trixie, he wouldn't know if he was vulnerable or not.

I am not sure I understand why Chloe got so scared about that guy being dead in Lucifer's bar. I mean if she didn't know Lucifer... but give him a chance to explain.  She says something at the end like "your giving us no choice" errr... no Chloe... there is no evidence he even knew the guy was there. And at that point she thought the preacher was the killer - killing on Lucifer's behalf.  But, I suppose on the other hand, I would like to see Chloe feel upset about her blowing off Lucifer's persona as "funny" and not something of serious concern. In fact, if Lucifer is actually a garden variety crazy, she and her boss are in big trouble for giving him such access to crimes.  If indeed Lucifer was a crazy, Chloe wound him up by including him in on the investigation.

The start of this episode was gold. Lucifer's hysterical disgust at all the followers and their goats... had me laughing so hard my cat came downstairs to find out what was wrong with me.  But overall it seemed like a bridge episode. Can't wait to see next week's though.

Edited by BooBear
  • Love 5

I don't think she's an angel, but maybe she has an ancestor that's one. The only problem with that is that Trixie should have the same effect on him then, but I guess since he's never in danger when he's around Trixie, he wouldn't know if he was vulnerable or not.

Well, she does seem to have powers of strangely terrifying him, hah.

Great episode. They're on a roll. Loved the comic in-jokes. I wonder if the real Mike Carey knows he's been fictionalized as a devil worshipper.

Yay for another Lucifer/Trixie scene, where they have an actual conversation. It's been tooo long.

I don't think angels are incapable of taking a human life. They're just forbidden to do it by God, though it looks like Amenadiel has fudged it by getting other people to do the killing for him, e.g. the security guard getting killed when Lucifer's wings were stolen.

Likewise, I don't think Lucifer is incapable of taking a human life. He just not into taking lives cavalierly and hasn't yet come across anyone who deserves death as a punishment.

Where I'm wondering if it comes in that he "can't" kill humans, since that guy jumped off the roof after seeing Lucifer's face, obviously not what Lucifer had intended, I've been half expecting a moment at least down the line/next season, Lucifer getting so angry and uses his super strength on someone and accidentally kills him not thinking at all about how holding someone by the neck or tossing them through glass can kill humans. So, now I'm wondering if this whole "Angel's can't take a mortal life" is going to be there way out getting around Lucifer tossing people around/choking them with no accidental consequence? If Lucifer had killed anyone this season it would have been the guy that shot Father Frank, if Chloe hadn't talked him into putting the guy down, would he have to keep on choking/torturing because that's all he could do? He was so enraged I don't know if he thought clearly on the outcome to have realized on his own exactly when to put him down as to not kill him.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

Another thing I loved about this episode is that Lucifer's quest to find out more about his physical vulnerability actually revealed more about his emotional vulnerability. In the episodes before this, we mostly saw the playful devil Lucifer with a few glimpses of the real Lucifer here and there. But in this ep, he completely drops the facade and we get to spend the whole episode with the real Lucifer. And at the end of this episode, after spending the season getting other people to reveal their deepest, darkest desires, it's fitting that Lucifer reveals to Chloe what his own deepest desire is -- to be his own man and be judged for his own doings. Of course, it's in that most emotionally vulnerable moment that Chloe arrests him...

• Love 3

Lucifer said he had never met "such evil" (paraphrasing) when he saw the guy strung up.  I presume he meant on Earth?   Because I have to think Hell is packed to the brim with far more evil than that.

• Love 1

One very common theory about why Chloe has the effect on Lucifer that she does is that she's fallen angel/nephilim/etc.

Have we been told anything about Chloe's dad? I have a hard time imagining she's fallen herself unless she was somehow reincarnated. Otherwise she and her mom were both given a whole bunch of false memories. But I can buy that her dad was part of the Host or was some other type of supernatural critter. 

So, since Lucifer sent Chloe to get his "ID", does that mean that Lucifer has given up on convincing Chloe that he's the Devil? Or is he just afraid that the truth might mess with her head?

I think it's just part of him playing it more safely around Chloe since he knows there's something going on with her.

Have we been told anything about Chloe's dad? I have a hard time imagining she's fallen herself unless she was somehow reincarnated. Otherwise she and her mom were both given a whole bunch of false memories. But I can buy that her dad was part of the Host or was some other type of supernatural critter. 

I don't think they've even mentioned his existence never mind any actual details.

I don't think they've even mentioned his existence never mind any actual details.

They mentioned back in the early episodes that he was a police officer.

She originally followed her mother into movies which resulted in High School Hot Tub, then when that didn't pan out/wasn't what she wanted from life, she followed her father's path to be a cop.

I can't remember if we have any more details than that.

• Love 3

They've mentioned he was a cop in episode 1, and Chloe had history with the photographer from episode 2 from years ago when he wanted pics at the dads funeral since Chloe/her mom were actresses and I got the impression she was I think in her late teens/20 when that went down?. They haven't said how he died though. There's always the possibility too Chloe herself was adopted or her "dad" wasn't her real father.

• Love 1

Lucifer said he had never met "such evil" (paraphrasing) when he saw the guy strung up. I presume he meant on Earth? Because I have to think Hell is packed to the brim with far more evil than that.

I think he said that it had been a long time since he encountered such evil. Obviously he's seen worse, just not since he's been in LA.

Also Chloe is a terribad detective without Luci. This whole thing screams set up and she's been hanging with him for months. Way to be a decent person/cop/friend Chloe. Who I usually like.

• Love 1

Lucifer said he had never met "such evil" (paraphrasing) when he saw the guy strung up.  I presume he meant on Earth?   Because I have to think Hell is packed to the brim with far more evil than that.

I think having been guardian of hell that he would be acquainted with Hitler and Stalin.  I'm so glad I found this show.  I hope it comes back next year.

But in this ep, he completely drops the facade and we get to spend the whole episode with the real Lucifer.

I kept thinking the same thing-- somehow the quips (Douche and Stache slayed me) seemed even more organic and funny than usual.  I really, really liked the degree of Luciferness we got this episode.  Tom Ellis was so good and showed a lot of range.

This whole series, I haven't really been afraid for any of the characters.  A little nervous in a moment, but this was a complete change.  I was freaked out by the Mid-Century Rape Den, Crazy Ass Malcolm showing up as an unwanted minion (kudos to the poster who coined that phrase above), Maze in a place where I can't tell how much bullshit she is selling Amenadude or how much she's at risk, Amenadude losing his cool with Luci, and even the random dangers like the Preacher.  I was convinced some way worse thing was coming, and now I'll be holding onto that for a week.  Yay!  (seriously, it's cool how it's all coming together).

Glad for a moment of Trixie being so adorable and clever.  I hope they come up with a way for Dr. Linda to have a little more of a role, the actress is fantastic in this part.  I appreciated Chloe's characterization of her vulnerability statement-- it's about trust, and that has been clear, that she trusts Luci (with an eye on him for shenanigans). 

And I'm with those of you who are surprised/frustrated/irritated that Dan hasn't said a word to anyone about how batshit Malcolm is (Dan was beaten and held hostage, that's pretty serious, even if the whole "shot but not dead" is too much to bite off).  But if it took his silence to get this set-up, I can let it go. 

That was a fun hour of TV.  Let's have a season 2!  A nice long one.

• Love 4

I think having been guardian of hell that he would be acquainted with Hitler and Stalin.  I'm so glad I found this show.  I hope it comes back next year.

I think Lucifer's comments on the evil, and his surprise at Malcolm being so insane and such, is that he see's all the people in hell after they've done what they've done, not as they're tormenting innocent people, and then when they get to hell Lucifer's probably too focused on the punishment and whatnot to think about the innocent bodies that may have been strung up. Now he actually has a front row seat to the acts themselves, seeing the victims (giving a crap about a victim in Father Franks case), so the new angle is having the effect. I'd like to know if Lucifer just knows what goes on on Earth (movie references included) when he's been in hell, if there's some window to watch, etc, and is becoming invested beyond just "this happened now you must be punished."  It's already been renewed for next season, and I really hope they're plotting to answer these things.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

I think Lucifer's comments on the evil, and his surprise at Malcolm being so insane and such, is that he see's all the people in hell after they've done what they've done, not as they're tormenting innocent people, and then when they get to hell Lucifer's probably too focused on the punishment and whatnot to think about the innocent bodies that may have been strung up. Now he actually has a front row seat to the acts themselves, seeing the victims (giving a crap about a victim in Father Franks case), so the new angle is having the effect. I'd like to know if Lucifer just knows what goes on on Earth (movie references included) when he's been in hell, if there's some window to watch, etc, and is becoming invested beyond just "this happened now you must be punished."  It's already been renewed for next season, and I really hope they're plotting to answer these things.

Thank you for confirming the second season.  The catholic school girl in me is hoping we'll see some of the other angels like Michael or Gabriel make an appearance in season 2.

• Love 2

I just love this show and this episode was an excellent yet very fun one. The snark from Lucifer is the best. The goat thing, "I don't even like their cheese" or something like that was the best. Him staying five paces back from Chloe, and checking her for wing marks was hilarious.

Amenadude (whoever coined this for the WIN!) and Maze together are adorable but also very hot together! I am thrilled this has been renewed for season 2!!

I like the theories that someone far back in Chloe's family was a former angel who "fell" and lived as a human (can they have kids though?). Another theory is this is Lucifer's father messing with him, and "gave" Chloe some divine ability to humanize Luci. Still, great episode.

• Love 4

Trixie is the best.  I loved that she barreled right past Lucifer attempt to bribe her with more cake, and just went straight for the cash.  That girl knows how to deal with the Devil!

I'm surprised it took them this long to have Lucifer and Chloe deal with a crime involving a Satanic cult.  Not surprised that Lucifer finds the whole thing silly at best, and horrible at worse.  I also like how they brought back that preacher from way back, and how his death is probably going to mess things up for Lucifer for a bit. And then it all being Malcolm, because he is truly #TeamLucifer now, and really believed Lucifer would love it.  Malcolm is getting nuttier and nuttier by the minute.

Lucifer and Amendial finally brawling it out was great.  And I think Lucifer is right that Amendial is responsible for any damage Malcolm has caused, and I do wonder what "Father" thinks of Amendial now.

Yeah, yeah, I know Maze did pull a knife on him, but I'm still kind of hoping she and Amendial work it out.  The idea of an angel and demon being an official item just amuses me greatly.

Lucifer being all jumpy and distant from Chloe was great.  Tom Ellis has really been impressing me on this show.  He manages to be humorous and have good comedic timing, but also bring the intensity and be scary when the time calls for it.  I don't mean this as an insult when I say he is the perfect Lucifer. 

• Love 7

Amenadude (whoever coined this for the WIN!) and Maze together are adorable but also very hot together! I am thrilled this has been renewed for season 2!!

I stole it from Malcom, who called him that in the diner. It's easier for me to spell.

• Love 1

My initial reaction to Chloe pulling her gun on Lucifer was to get angry at her to for not having enough faith in him.  But I think once she saw the other cops coming in, she felt she had to since they must know something more than just the dead body.

Edited by LittleRed
  • Love 1

I am not sure I understand why Chloe got so scared about that guy being dead in Lucifer's bar. I mean if she didn't know Lucifer... but give him a chance to explain.  She says something at the end like "your giving us no choice" errr... no Chloe... there is no evidence he even knew the guy was there. And at that point she thought the preacher was the killer - killing on Lucifer's behalf.

I think she would have given him a chance to explain if the other cops hadn't showed up right then. But since they did, she correctly figured that the best way to protect Lucifer would be to take him into custody right away. Knowing how Lucifer likes to mouth off without thought for the consequences, it's not unreasonable for Chloe to think he might say something to earn a beat down by the cops for "resisting arrest." Plus the first words out of his mouth were "Detective, there's an explanation..." which could be interpreted as "I did it, but for a good reason." So Chloe cut him off with "Stop! Don't say another word. Put your hands up" to prevent him from speaking in front of the cops without a lawyer present.

Where I'm wondering if it comes in that he "can't" kill humans, since that guy jumped off the roof after seeing Lucifer's face, obviously not what Lucifer had intended, I've been half expecting a moment at least down the line/next season, Lucifer getting so angry and uses his super strength on someone and accidentally kills him not thinking at all about how holding someone by the neck or tossing them through glass can kill humans. So, now I'm wondering if this whole "Angel's can't take a mortal life" is going to be there way out getting around Lucifer tossing people around/choking them with no accidental consequence? If Lucifer had killed anyone this season it would have been the guy that shot Father Frank, if Chloe hadn't talked him into putting the guy down, would he have to keep on choking/torturing because that's all he could do? He was so enraged I don't know if he thought clearly on the outcome to have realized on his own exactly when to put him down as to not kill him.

Amenadiel can't kill humans because that could hasten a fall. But Lucifer's already fallen, so he's not restricted that way. If Chloe hadn't intervened, I think Lucifer would have intentionally killed the sports agent and drug dealer. I don't think Lucifer has any qualms about killing people if he feels it is just punishment. (Usually though, when he's not in a fit of rage, he seems to prefer making people suffer at length vs. killing them quickly.) I think it's possible for Lucifer to kill someone accidentally; it just hasn't happened yet.

I kept thinking the same thing-- somehow the quips (Douche and Stache slayed me) seemed even more organic and funny than usual.  I really, really liked the degree of Luciferness we got this episode.  Tom Ellis was so good and showed a lot of range.

In previous episodes, Lucifer took cases that had nothing to do with him and selfishly made the cases all about him, which often involved some over the top leaps of logic on Lucifer's part. I think the humor in this episode felt more organic because this time Lucifer gets a case that actually is all about him so the humor is less over the top and feels like it's coming from a more genuine place.

The wonderfully ironic thing is that when the case is about him -- no leaps of logic required -- Lucifer spends the episode trying to convince people that it's not about him at all.

Regarding what's up with Chloe, while it's in the realm of TV coincidences for Lucifer to just happen to cross paths with a rare human who just happens to have some kind of supernatural ability, I think there's more going on than that. In the pilot, Lucifer's initial reaction to Chloe's immunity to his charms was to ask if his father sent her. And in this episode Lucifer laments that the one person he trusts (Chloe) is being used to hurt him.

I think there's an invisible hand at work using Chloe as a pawn in some plan for Lucifer. I just haven't decided whether the plan is from God and for Lucifer's ultimate benefit or growth, or whether it's from some unknown enemy who wants Lucifer to suffer.

Edited by vampdetective
  • Love 7

Lucifer and Amendial finally brawling it out was great.  And I think Lucifer is right that Amendial is responsible for any damage Malcolm has caused, and I do wonder what "Father" thinks of Amendial now.

It's part and parcel of the concept that He's known Amenadiel was going to compromise his morals all along.

The 4th wall in jokes towards the comics were cracking me up this episode!!

The 'shouldn't you be blond' cracked me up.

Amendude had the choice to bring Mal back or not. Had the choice to set him on Lucifer. Had the choice to sleep with Mazikeen or not. To keep sleeping with her or not. Thinking is hard and being a divine sheeple is easy.  I get it.  Still, Dad isn't going to be impressed with how you handled Free Will, Amenadiel. You have chosen poorly.

That also tied in nicely with Lucifer's free will speech to his supposed followers.

Easily my favorite episode so far. Show, you're much more interesting when dealing directly with Lucifer's story than passing the time with the case of the week.

Dang Amenadiel, you messed up with Malcolm. That is one crazy mofo. They've done a nice job bringing the plot together, and I'm ready for more effects of the divine on the mortal world.

On the shallow side, Tom Ellis's (non-blond) hair was very pretty tonight. And beyond that, he gave a fantastic performance. Follicular hue aside, he's perfect for the role. His horror at the depravity of the murders was so well done, and at times I feel like I'm seeing Marc Hempel's interpretation right there on the screen.

Super excited for next week.

How true!

I really hope Malcolm doesn't survive this season. He was actually fun this episode, but he's defintely not someone I'd want to keep hanging around for longer than necessary.

His face did get one hell of a workout this episode, there was quite some range involved.

I can't express how much I loved all of Lucifer's outrage, and Tom Ellis in general, throughout the episode with all the "I don't stand for THIS!" stuff.

I'm disappointed Lucifer doesn't like Goat's cheese, he's supposed to be a man of wealth and taste ;-) But all the goat-stuff, the blind followers who probably think they are soooo different and individual from everyone else (loved the 'he's the best Lucifer we've had in years') and him being all riled up about the stuff being done in his name were hilarious. And also really well handled in the scenes where it hit too close to home for Lucifer.

It's going to be a loooong summer. I really hope that Lucifer got a 22-episode renewal so it will be just the summer vs. a 13-episode renewal and second season not starting till January 2017.

I'd actually prefer if they stuck to the 13 episodes and did it properly. Too many shows have been messed up by watered down storylines because the networks just see the advertising revenue (that would last longer if they didn't kill their shows within two seasons).

Douche and Stache was line of the week, though.

It bothered me, too. I expected some fallout in this episode since I already thought it was clearly postponed in the previous episode. I can imagine that Chloe refused to talk to Dan about his text message during three weeks; and he if doesn't want to reveal anything about Malcolm, it makes sense. But indeed, how didn't Dan question what he saw?

That had me cackling too.

So should we conclude that writing such a text message isn't out of character for Dan? I guess he also had a brilliant explanation for being busted up that his wife how knows him well immedately bought. Also, Chloe, you're still married, refusing to talk isn't helping, even if you don't want to reconcile.

I loved so much about this episode and I'm thrilled this is returning for a second season!

I loved that Maze's angel killing knives looked like wings.

I loved when Lucifer was ranting about the devil worshipping cult and why they used a goat in their proceedings (esp. since we know Amenadiel is responsible for that rumor). And Luci freaking out when the group loved how awesome he was cracked me up.

I loved Luci's reactions to Malcolm, esp. the "why are you in my home?" line when they both got back to the penthouse. If Malcolm hurts Trixie or hurts Luci while he's saving Trixie, I will be so pissed.

But in this ep, he completely drops the facade and we get to spend the whole episode with the real Lucifer.

Well, on one hand, we didn't, except for "Satan's" doorman. *g*

On the other, I think we really have seen the real Lucifer all season. He's a hedonist who still loves the part of his job description that reads "mete out punishment to sinners."  He saved the pick-up artist from death because it wasn't a death-level crime/sin/however you want to label it.  He loves to flirt with anyone at anytime and makes no apologies for his appetites, carnal and otherwise. He drinks and smokes ( at least I'm left with the impression he smokes on-screen) and isn't afraid to cuss. 

Lucifer has repeatedly said that he wants to be looked at as his own man. He's told anyone and everyone who asks or half-way is interested that since the pilot or Episode 2. Him feeling safe enough, or worn down enough, to talk to Chloe like he did at the end of the episode was the new element. It was after the case that wore on him- a very concentrated dose of how mortals tend to see him, the revelation of Malcolm killing for him ( which revolted Lucifer), and the physical throwdown with Amenadiel.  Lucifer was physically and emotionally needing someone he trusted to talk to/vent with.

I did forget to add that I also loved Maze shutting the brothers down about the who's more Fallen crap.

I didn't forget that Malcolm escaped, but I wasn't expecting Dead Repentant Street Preacher. I can see where Mal was leaving and DRSP was waiting for round 2 with Lucifer, so Malcolm felt he'd finish the frame. (Is Malcolm's hobby woodworking? So much framing.)

What the hell is Mrs. Malcolm thinking, btw? She's overly snappy at Chloe, which I get that, but where is she haunting the precinct asking him to come home? Or constantly calling Dan to see where he is? If I had almost lost my husband, I'd be super-clingy. This hasn't been too long since his near-death ( three weeks + however long the episodes take), so what's up with that?

• Love 1

Tom Ellis was on fire this ep! I am so happy he's still got his devil edge. I was starting to find him kind of wimpy with all his Chloe obsession. I do so hope there is some kind of divine intervention going on and Dr. Linda is on the wrong track. She seems to be pushing the true love angle which makes me nervous.

I am thrilled they did a satanic worship ep. Luci had just the right contempt for those little posers. And I love how disgusted he is at senseless killing of innocents.

Is it wrong that I am rooting form Amen/Maze? They are hot! And complicated and interesting and HOT!

That fight between the brothers was intense and I love how Maze just waltzed in, put them in their place and told them to kill each other...and neither of them seemed to even think about using the knives. They don't want to kill each other. I want more of them working together. I love their dynamic.

Please, season two be more angelic and less coppy. I really still don't give two shits about the cop stuff. I don't mind the case of the week because Luci goes out of his way to make it all about him, but I can do without Malcom easily and want Dan and Chloe to just go have a nice, adult conversation where they discuss how this was all just a misunderstanding and Trixie can have her family back together. Then focus on Luci/Amen/Maze, hey, maybe they can do group therapy with Dr. Linda. (I do hope that at some point she learns the truth. I would love to see her reaction to finding out she's been helping the devil with his identity crisis).

• Love 4

I also loved how the Maze laid the blades down in the form of wings.

Was anyone else glad that the the scene had no sexual tension (not even a erg of it) when Lucifer felt up Chloe to find out if she had wings? Nor when she casually pulled up her shirt for him to see her back. I don't ship these two.

• Love 5

Did Malcolm take a demon knife when he scampered away?  It seemed like Maze had the only ones, but it also looked like Malcolm took something.  

I thought he took the gun he'd used to kill the Reverend. I'll have to rewatch (such a hardship).

• Love 1

Did Malcolm take a demon knife when he scampered away?  It seemed like Maze had the only ones, but it also looked like Malcolm took something.  

Malcolm scampered away just before Amenadiel and Luci started to brawl and well BEFORE Maze walked in with the two knives.  So no, he did not pick up a demon knife.

I had seen where someone mentioned the possibility, so when I did a re-watch I was watching specifically for the timing/placement of those knives.

Edited by storyskip
  • Love 1