Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Shady Politics

• Start Topic

Oh man, when Ru put that single orange TicTac in the blender full of water and just went *wsssshhhhhh* with that beaming smile to camera, I DIED.

YES!  That was the best!  In her full makeup, and most glamorous dress!

• Love 2

When Thorgy was saying who would be going next, I was like oh, it'll be you going next.  I swear I could see the anvils dropping right then and there.  

Derrick can leave now.  She was so smug during Untucked.  Bob is confident in her abilities, so she's doing basically the same as Bianca - helping Kim Chi and Derrick understand the LSFYL song.  May have benefited Chi Chi too, just as a refresher, although I'm sure she was already aware/had performed that song before.  

On Untucked, they were trying to tell Thorgy nicely that a million ideas are nice, but you have to edit as the message gets clouded.  Less is more.  She did not get it at all.  She was her own worst enemy.

As for the ball and being fierce on the runway, Bob has already said many times how they should all be prepared, like for Snatch Game, as Ru has done this every year.  The Ball and having to amp up the runway is nothing new, so I'm sure Bob is prepared.  I think Bob has done what was needed, knowing her comedy would get her through.  She also has some serious lip sync skills (from viewing her you tube videos), so I don't think she's pulled out her big guns just yet on the runway.  

A Bob fan, but anyone would be ok except for Derrick.

I can't wait to see what tiny thing she serves this year. Here's one chia seed!

Whatever it is, Chi Chi will win me for LIFE if she reaches into her bag and pulls out some hot sauce.  Cuz, if anyone carries hot sauce in their bag it is Chi Chi.

• Love 4

I too got the feeling that Thorgy was trying to block Chi's spotlight.

I think this is a good metaphor for how Thorgy's been in the competition. She's been so focused on the other queens not beating her that she hasn't been focused on her winning. If you win, you beat everybody by default. If you're worrying about other people beating you, you really are not in the mindset to be a winner, even if you have the skills. What Thorgy doesn't seem to realize is that you don't need to worry about someone overshadowing you if your own star is burning brightly enough.

• Love 2

I have to agree. It seemed like this season would really deliver, but, frankly, there is a serious deficit of wit in this group. (That abominable snatch is the prime example.) Kim Chi comes the closest, but she's so reticent to speak that she can't deliver. Bob is a great mimic, but I get nothing from him but recycled (albeit legendary) lines and gags. (As a side note, it's strange to think that Bob's experience of Paris Is Burning is as artifact- that world was before he was born. Yikes.) I think he can be funny, but is not sharp enough. I do, however. love those 70's looks and wigs. I'm like, I know that girl.

I find Chi Chi tiresome. I simply cannot stand people who constantly make excuses for their own cowardice or inability. She's like the kid who refuses to play a game if they're not already good at it. I learned to avoid that type by age 10. I also was completely underwhelmed by that lipsynch. It was as if I had walked into some backwater country gay bar and, of course, the local queen is giving the full LaBelle treatment to the tired, overused Holliday classic. It was a terrible choice of song. But if you are going to do it, please do something original. I would bet good money that Chi Chi has performed that song on numerous occasions, always going for the cheap and easy overwrought approach. With a song like that, you have to do something different with it. Who wants to be just another backwater bertha churning out the same tired old overblown performance every week? (I don't know why you're surprised. She bring it to you every week.)

So, I give credit to Thorgy for not defaulting to the obvious approach. But she was off all around this week, so it's not surprising that she was sent packing. I'd rather see more of her than Chi Chi. I just wish there was at least one trenchant, wise-cracking observer to bring the laughs. I haven't had a good laugh out of this show for the past few weeks.

I disagree with every word of this post, including "the" and "a".

Edited by Koko lady
  • Love 3

I don't really get the idea this was a super bad snatch game. It wasn't one of the best, but season 2 and 3 had terrible Snatch Games(where in both cases the cast didn't entirely get the concept of impersonation, IMO). Season 4's was only saved by Willam, Sharon and Chad, the rest were some of the worst the show has had. Season 5's really only had Jinx, Alaska and Roxxy, Season 6 and 7 were anomalies in having a lot of people who clearly worked on their character and had a lot of back and forth between them.

Whatever it is, Chi Chi will win me for LIFE if she reaches into her bag and pulls out some hot sauce. Cuz, if anyone carries hot sauce in their bag it is Chi Chi.

I so want this to happen. She will too win me for life if she does! I would squeal and then wait in breathless anticipation for Ru's reaction. :-D 

• Love 1

I so want this to happen. She will too win me for life if she does! I would squeal and then wait in breathless anticipation for Ru's reaction. :-D 

I'm not a big fan of Chi-Chi's, but if she pulled some hot sauce out of her bag at the lunch n' learn and  offered it to Ru for her tictac, chia seed or jellybean.....I would love her.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 2

I was so mad when Michelle made Kim Chi cry by telling her she didn't speak well. How can you critique someone for a disability?! Kim Chi said she did the best she could, which I thought she really did raise her enunciation in her ad, and obviously was trying very, very hard. A speech impediment is something people struggle with for a lifetime and it is not like Kim Chi can make it go away because she is on Drag Race. Furthermore, making KC cry is like kicking a puppy! It's obvious she is just there for her artistry and is not going to win, so no need to tear her down like that for something not entirely under her control. 

Chi Chi slayed. Wow.