Type keyword(s) to search

Can We Get Streaky? Future Seasons Wishlist

Trini
  • Start Topic

Maybe with the move to The CW, the Supergirl cast will find themselves being transported to the Flarrow universe (The Flash/Arrow/Legends, for people who don't know those shows) and they'll conveniently forget Jimmy there. Just transport the main cast, Cat's son Adam, Eliza Danvers, and Maxwell Lord. That way, easier to have crossovers with the other shows instead of having it just be Barry. 

I want Winn to quit CatCo and become a DEO agent. He's more useful there, and he really fits in there well. Plus, it would be nice to have another person working at the DEO. 

Better special effects. I was actually unimpressed by CBS' special effects, especially with Supergirl flying and those kinds of scenes. A lot of them were just laughably bad, so even with The CW being much cheaper, they've had decent special effects, so hopefully they are better this time around. 

I figure we'll get one or two new characters, so as long as they're not boring as hell, I'll be ok. I wouldn't mind having females instead of males, as I love the female bonding. Maybe have Kara make a female friend at the DEO or CatCo (or somewhere else!). Also, maybe give Alex a friend outside of the DEO. That would be nice.

Please, please Supergirl, please do not turn into The Flash when it comes to female characters. You've done females well in the first season. Do NOT succumb to whatever the hell is wrong with The Flash when it comes to females. Just...stay you. I can't help but remember the crossover episode, when Barry was with Kara and they were fighting Livewire and Silver Banshee and he actually said that they'll settle this like women. Just...don't screw it up. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I want Winn to quit CatCo and become a DEO agent. He's more useful there, and he really fits in there well. Plus, it would be nice to have another person working at the DEO

Well if you actually think there's a real chance of that. there's a Speculation topic. But if you're just wishing...

Edited by Kromm

One thing I hope doesn't change is the cinematography. I like that the show uses bright colors and sunny locations. 

(Unlike every other super hero property.)

Better writing, better writing, better writing, BETTER WRITING.

This won't happen, but ditch James, Winn, and Lucy, and concentrate on the Core 4 of Kara, Alex, J'onn, and Cat.

I love Kara and Alex's relationship, but I want the show to inject a little more conflict in it. Whoever said that the show basically recycles the same "I love you and believe in you!" "No, I love you and believe in you MORE!" dialogue between the two of them was right on. I think Benoist and Leigh are really compelling together, but they are at their best when when there's a little more strain in the relationship.

Please, please Supergirl, please do not turn into The Flash when it comes to female characters. You've done females well in the first season. Do NOT succumb to whatever the hell is wrong with The Flash when it comes to females. Just...stay you. I can't help but remember the crossover episode, when Barry was with Kara and they were fighting Livewire and Silver Banshee and he actually said that they'll settle this like women. Just...don't screw it up. 

I agree, but with the caveat that I'm tired of Supergirl needing a pep talk from her (often male) friends every.single.episode to take down the bad guy. Let's dial back on that, please.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stealinghome said:

I agree, but with the caveat that I'm tired of Supergirl needing a pep talk from her (often male) friends every.single.episode to take down the bad guy. Let's dial back on that, please.

Heh. I don't know if that's going to be dialed back on, especially when on The Flash, Barry gets a pep talk from his friends every single episode to boost his self esteem. It's funny that Kara and Barry are similar in that way. Also, both are excellent criers (Grant more so than Melissa....Grant Gustin has had some practice). 

• Love 1

This won't happen, but ditch James, Winn, and Lucy, and concentrate on the Core 4 of Kara, Alex, J'onn, and Cat.

This, please. Especially James and Winn. Either ditch them or give them a personality.

I would like a Special Event Movie crossing over Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl. MAKE IT HAPPEN, CW.

Maybe with the move to The CW, the Supergirl cast will find themselves being transported to the Flarrow universe (The Flash/Arrow/Legends, for people who don't know those shows) and they'll conveniently forget Jimmy there. Just transport the main cast, Cat's son Adam, Eliza Danvers, and Maxwell Lord. That way, easier to have crossovers with the other shows instead of having it just be Barry.

Yes I want them to Crisis or otherwise transport at least National CIty onto Earth-CW (Braniac anyone?) at some point of the season sooo bad.  I think it would have story potential for the cast. 

Kara - Could actually be the lone survivor of Krypton on this Earth (depending on where Non is imprisoned) as Clark and Metropolis would remain on Earth-CBS.  She would arguably be the most powerful hero on the planet.  No more Superman shadow hanging over her, no more wondering why she doesn't call her cousin for help dealing with a major crisis or having to make him job so she can save the day.

Cat - Would find herself going from the powerful self proclaimed Queen of All Media, to someone that no one outside of National City has ever heard of, she would have to essentially rebuild her reputation and contact list from the ground up.

Max - Would be in an similar boat of having to make a name for himself again, although I would imagine he might be able to invent something big to make a name for himself relatively fast.   You just know there would be trouble with Palmertech.

Alex, J'onn, (and possibly Lucy) - Would find themselves working for an organization that the Government does not know exists or would not feel the need to fund since alien incursions have not been a common occurrence to this point on Earth-CW until now.  Would they be absorbed by Argus?   Would they try to operate in secret and if so how would they be funded?   Would the DEO just drain away remaining funds losing all their staff and resources until nothing was left?   Does J'onn have a source of income stashed away that could keep the doors open for awhile?   Or would they be forced to do something drastic like allow themselves to be funded by a private party like Max Lord?

• Love 3

Would any of them even have any money? All their bank accounts would be with banks in the CBS universe which they could no longer access. And would banks and governments in the CW universe recognize their cash? All they would have left would be their non-monetary possessions like houses, other buildings, cars, clothes, furniture and such. Would they even be considered legal citizens?

I wouldn't like to see them move National City to Earth-1, because even if it's just Supergirl and J'onn it still invites the question of "Why don't the real superheroes just fix whatever mess is going on in Star / Central City?"  I want to see a mega-crossover, I don't want it to become constant (and I really don't want to see Crisis / Flashpoint because those get way too geeky for the GA).  I also don't want to lose some of the better villains they've built up (I really liked Livewire and SB, especially since they managed to justify the SB makeup job).

My biggest fear is actually what many of you specifically want: that they'll make the writing more mature.  I enjoyed the show, but I think I'm even happier that my 12yo nieces got hooked on it, and, as I said somewhere here, I think that's exactly what the writers wanted.  The "romance" on the show was even written that way: Kara's relationships, such as they were, were essentially grade-school level (the high point for her romantically was a first kiss with her crush), and that was done so pre- and early-teen girls could identify with her more easily even while she carried the trappings of adulthood like an apartment and job.  Also, consider this: we went 20 episodes and, so far as we know, the only time someone might have gotten laid was Winn and Siobhan.  No other hero principal even had a steady relationship during the timeframe of the show.  And maybe it's because I grew up in the 70's watching those shows and 60's reruns (meaning that what I look for in TV might be different), but I'm perfectly fine with that and with the procedural pacing of the show, and I'd hate to lose it (and turn off my nieces in the process).

(edited)
7 hours ago, Xenith22 said:

Yes I want them to Crisis or otherwise transport at least National CIty onto Earth-CW (Braniac anyone?) at some point of the season sooo bad.  I think it would have story potential for the cast. 

Kara - Could actually be the lone survivor of Krypton on this Earth (depending on where Non is imprisoned) as Clark and Metropolis would remain on Earth-CBS.  She would arguably be the most powerful hero on the planet.  No more Superman shadow hanging over her, no more wondering why she doesn't call her cousin for help dealing with a major crisis or having to make him job so she can save the day.

Cat - Would find herself going from the powerful self proclaimed Queen of All Media, to someone that no one outside of National City has ever heard of, she would have to essentially rebuild her reputation and contact list from the ground up.

Max - Would be in an similar boat of having to make a name for himself again, although I would imagine he might be able to invent something big to make a name for himself relatively fast.   You just know there would be trouble with Palmertech.

Alex, J'onn, (and possibly Lucy) - Would find themselves working for an organization that the Government does not know exists or would not feel the need to fund since alien incursions have not been a common occurrence to this point on Earth-CW until now.  Would they be absorbed by Argus?   Would they try to operate in secret and if so how would they be funded?   Would the DEO just drain away remaining funds losing all their staff and resources until nothing was left?   Does J'onn have a source of income stashed away that could keep the doors open for awhile?   Or would they be forced to do something drastic like allow themselves to be funded by a private party like Max Lord?

I WANT THAT SHOW.

But seriously, this is a great idea which would fix lots of mistakes and explain stuff such as new city and new sets. Plus, crossovers. And a possibility of meeting the cast's doppelgangers. Etc, etc. The only problem would be explaining why Supergirl wouldn't help Barry and Oliver with their Big Bads, but LBH, it already exists with Barry rarely appearing on Arrow even when it makes sense he would.

Edited by FurryFury

With the news of Katie McGrath becoming a regular in season 3, I hope they set up her Lena Luthor to have a connection to more characters that just Kara/Supergirl. I think Mon-El is a good example how much a character can drag down a show if they only exist in relation to one other character. 

My wish for the end of S2 moving into S3 is for Lena and Kara/Supergirl to continue their friendship with possible gray area as to Lena's intentions and loyalties, to expand on Lena and Winn's science nerd friendship (maybe Winn get a job offer at LCorp?), and for Lena and James to have a business relationship (CatCo and LCorp are two pretty big players in town and they've gotta run in the same fancy party circles) and maybe clash a bit over the press LCorp receives.

• Love 1

I love when Kara and Barry are on screen together, so I would like to see little crossover moments that have nothing to do with the main storyline of the episodes in which they happen. Things like game night at Kara's place, and we notice Barry is there, laughing with Kara about something, or over on The Flash, we see them getting coffee together, because they like to visit each other sometimes just to chat.

I want Kara and Barry as endgame. There was something about the way he looked at her when she was singing in the crossover episode. 

Speaking of crossovers, I want the Legends of Tomorrow crew mixing it up with the cast of Supergirl.  I know they're not aliens, but I want to see the Legends wandering around the DEO.  I love the crossovers (although I'm not an Arrow fan) and the Supergirl cast always gets squeezed out to make room for the other casts. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I want Kara and Barry as endgame. There was something about the way he looked at her when she was singing in the crossover episode. 

So what do you want them to do with Iris?  And can't a man and a woman just be platonic friends?  Not everyone is automatically sexually attracted to everyone.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Delurking with one wish: please, for the sake of the show, my stomach & my sanity, just kill Mon-Hell.

Respectfully disagree. For season 3 I want Mon-El to be in the show. I would tone down the romance drama though, I would be happy with them as a background relationship.

I love Mon-El as a character (his evolution and personality and his funny bits), his relationships (particularly with Kara and Winn) and his role as the cautious one (in contrast with Kara, bringing some balance to their approach to threats) and the fact that he is also DEO and being in connection with other aliens at the bar, which may be useful in the future.

I think that brings interesting storylines like the Daxamite threat. He is also the one who knows more about other planets because of the way he was raised (e.g. he knew the value of the bounty) and is probably able to be a diplomatic connection to others in future situations, particularly if he gets recognision as King of Daxam now that Lar Gand Is dead, but there is also potential for other storylines related to the Legion of SuperHeroes, the Flight Ring, Dominators...

Fights with him should be cool. We haven't seen many and I'm excited to get a full battle as Supergirl support. I also love Martian Manhunter, but the CW has not so much money for CGI and scenes with him are cheaper to film. I love Kara but I absolutely adore team-ups. And I want the supersuit too.

And yes, I love the romance. And I think that Kara is 1000 better in scenes with him that in scenes with Cat (she was constantly bullied) or James (the teen struck by the hot guy who was dating another woman but didn't want her to look somewhere else - see Barry). I really think that Kara is much more confident and leader in Season 2 and for me the main reason is that she is not related to Cat and James and is getting people who really admire her like Mon-El and Lena.

But I respect that others feel different about Mon-El.

Edited by emarasmoak
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, emarasmoak said:

Respectfully disagree. For season 3 I want Mon-El to be in the show. I would tone down the romance drama though, I would be happy with them as a background relationship.

I love Mon-El as a character (his evolution and personality and his funny bits), his relationships (particularly with Kara and Winn) and his role as the cautious one (in contrast with Kara, bringing some balance to their approach to threats) and the fact that he is also DEO and being in connection with other aliens at the bar, which may be useful in the future.

I think that brings interesting storylines like the Daxamite threat. He is also the one who knows more about other planets because of the way he was raised (e.g. he knew the value of the bounty) and is probably able to be a diplomatic connection to others in future situations, particularly if he gets recognision as King of Daxam now that Lar Gand Is dead, but there is also potential for other storylines related to the Legion of SuperHeroes, the Flight Ring, Dominators...

Fights with him should be cool. We haven't seen many and I'm excited to get a full battle as Supergirl support. I also love Martian Manhunter, but the CW has not so much money for CGI and scenes with him are cheaper to film. I love Kara but I absolutely adore team-ups. And I want the supersuit too.

And yes, I love the romance. And I think that Kara is 1000 better in scenes with him that in scenes with Cat (she was constantly bullied) or James (the teen struck by the hot guy who was dating another woman but didn't want her to look somewhere else - see Barry). I really think that Kara is much more confident and leader in Season 2 and for me the main reason is that she is not related to Cat and James and is getting people who really admire her like Mon-El and Lena.

But I respect that others feel different about Mon-El.

I respectfully disagree. I think that Mon-Hell is a complete drag and a boring one, at that.  When Mon-Hell's's not man-splaining his own problems, other characters, like Alex, do it for him and IMO the show and Kara are suffering because of it. I would love to see the Legion Of Superheroes, etc. too, but not if Mon-Hell's with them. It seems to me that if Mon-Hell really admired Kara so much, he wouldn't have asked her to run away with him, abandoning her job, her friends and her family in the process. Kara's relationships with Cat & James weren't/aren't "perfect," either, but at least seeing Kara with them doesn't make me want to kill my TV.  If the CW can't afford more CGI effects for the Martian Manhunter, then maybe CBS should cancel one of its 78 sitcoms to pay for it, or better yet, just fire Mon-Hell. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

I've been thinking about next season and what I want. I realize there's some very specific ideas that I personally want.

First off, I want Supergirl to have better crossover episodes. No more of this five minutes before the episode ends crap. Hopefully, they will plan out Supergirl's crossovers better. I know that the crossovers are important to the TV Universe, so they have to get better at it. 

Mon-El can stay, and him and Kara can remain a couple. The thing they need to refrain from is having their relationship become the focal point of the show. There are some people who don't like female-centric shows, superhero-based or otherwise, because the focal point is romance. They don't rely on romance for male-centric shows, especially in the superhero genre. It's always crime fighting first and romance second. It even took The Flash two seasons to have some romance not be an afterthought. Unfortunately, season 2 of Supergirl failed miserably by having Mon-El/Kara drama and having Mon-El have more character progression in his eighteen episodes (so far) than James or Alex. I simply don't care about Mon-El's family drama simply because none of the other characters have gotten as much care and attention about their lives in their first seasons as Mon-El has. I know more about his life and background than Winn. 

So, Mon-El's fine as a character when he's supporting Kara and interacting with everyone equally. Have more of him as a supporting character next season, and he can be just fine. No more family drama, although I get the feeling like Queen Rhea is not just going to disappear at the end of season 2. Though it would be nice if they shipped her off to Daxam for as much of season 3 as possible so we can get back to Kara's story, and so we can see more of the other characters as they interact with Kara. Mon-El's just taken too much of Kara away from everyone and that needs to be fixed.

Alex/Maggie is fine as it is, but stop inserting pointless drama with them as well. Let them be somewhat happy. 

James needs a storyline, period. I don't count his Guardian arc as his own story because it was just masking Winn's true heroic story....somewhat. It was all sloppily handled. I mean, James apparently can't work with the DEO and he'd rather be a mostly lone vigilante, going against Supergirl? Maybe if he was just fighting regular criminals so Kara could handle the alien threats, then I'd be more fine with it. But if he's not running CatCo, then he needs a new purpose. With Lena as a regular next season, I'd love to see a business partnership form there. They could even strike up a friendship. I think even introducing another love interest wouldn't be bad. Mehcad Brooks is a fine actor; his character has just been poorly utilized so he's been pretty boring so far, but non-existent this season. If they can find him more of a purpose, then that would be great. 

Winn's gotten some good material, but season 1 has shown that he has more potential in him. After rewatching 2x11, I really want Winn to go evil for a few episodes (as in more than one). Jeremy Jordan has proven that he can play good, but he also can play evil really, really well. There's just something about him that shows in his face that he can be a villain. I don't care how it's done; through alien mind control, or some other villain warping his mind for a bit, I think it could be a fun arc for him. Winn's already expressed fears about being like his father and being a bad guy, so why not revisit that idea? Plus, if we can get Toyman back and them working together for a couple of episodes, I think it would be a neat little arc to watch. Plus, we'd get the return of Cameron Chase, and I know she has a good comics backstory. 

Now, Lena needs to be interacting with others, not just Kara. I love their friendship and I hope that never ends and I hope she never goes full dark. I want Lena/Winn scenes. They had wicked chemistry in the short scenes they interacted in at the beginning of the season, and I want more of that. As much as I like Winn's current girlfriend, I don't see her lasting long and I'm ok if she's sacrificed. I am a proud shipper of Winn/Lena and would not object to them. But even if it's just as friends who happen to both be geniuses, then that's fine with me too.

Alex/Kara scenes need to return. I also think Alex needs to get some of her backbone returned. She's kind of lost some of it with her romance arc and as much as I've enjoyed her journey to accept her sexuality, there's something that I miss from Alex this season that was present in season 1. Maybe it really is just having sister movie nights, but I really need that to return. I think those scenes are what helped strengthen Supergirl as a show. Female bonding instead of romance taking over is what made this show unique. Now, it's so rare for a guy to not be in a scene or talked about in a scene. Lucky that Lena's around, or else the rarity would be almost non-existent. 

So hopefully, they got their Obsession with Mon-El out of the way, because now it's time to get back to what made this show special. Hopefully, they haven't left that behind when they moved networks. Hopefully, The CW or whoever made the decision with Mon-El as the main character can chill out. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Mon-El can stay, and him and Kara can remain a couple. The thing they need to refrain from is having their relationship become the focal point of the show. There are some people who don't like female-centric shows, superhero-based or otherwise, because the focal point is romance. They don't rely on romance for male-centric shows, especially in the superhero genre. It's always crime fighting first and romance second. It even took The Flash two seasons to have some romance not be an afterthought. Unfortunately, season 2 of Supergirl failed miserably by having Mon-El/Kara drama and having Mon-El have more character progression in his eighteen episodes (so far) than James or Alex. I simply don't care about Mon-El's family drama simply because none of the other characters have gotten as much care and attention about their lives in their first seasons as Mon-El has. I know more about his life and background than Winn. 

That's how I feel. Mon-el can stay but he and his romance with Kara needs to be less central to the show.  I don't mind romance but its not why I watch and Kara's other relationships have been underdeveloped this season. 

Alex/Kara scenes need to return. I also think Alex needs to get some of her backbone returned. She's kind of lost some of it with her romance arc and as much as I've enjoyed her journey to accept her sexuality, there's something that I miss from Alex this season that was present in season 1. Maybe it really is just having sister movie nights, but I really need that to return. I think those scenes are what helped strengthen Supergirl as a show. Female bonding instead of romance taking over is what made this show unique

There needs to be more meaningful scenes between them. Mon-el and Maggie both have jobs that require working nights so its not unrealistic that they could find time to bond and have sister nights without them present. And I agree Alex could have a little more backbone. 

I would like the show to make less specific, forced political references that often don't make much sense in the Supergirl world.

Also it would be nice if they can nerf Kara less next season. It's annoying when she get's hurt or beaten badly so often and sometimes by characters who shouldn't pose that much of a challenge. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

Nah, Mon-El needs to go. This season has given me zero reason to believe that as long as he's around, a) the show will be anything other than The Mon-El Show (oh, and his Kryptonian girlfriend when we remember she's the title character), and b) that Kara will get a storyline outside of him and their shitty-slash-ridiculous teen romance angst bullshit. As long as Mon-El's around, Kara's character "arc" will continue to revolve around him, she will continue to act like she's 13, and she will continue to be isolated from basically everyone else in the cast (even Alex to some degree). That's not a show I'm interested in watching.

• Love 1

I'm so beyond ready for Mon-El to go. He's ruining Kara's story for me. And it's sad, because for now I'm sticking with the show in the hopes they turn things around in the last bunch of episodes, and I see little shining moments of the show I fell in love with back in season one, then Mon-El acts like an emotionally abusive douchebag, and Kara just keeps letting him....and I think, I would not recommend this show to any young person, because they don't need to see that kind of relationship as something they should accept or perpetuate. So here's to Mon-El choosing to actually do the noble thing, like M'gann Morzz did, and go home to fix his planet, leaving Kara to grow as a person, not in a relationship, just like Melissa Benoist said she wanted at the start of the season. (And given her response to being asked about Karamel was "I don't...I...you know what, I'm a fan of Kara being happy", I think she may still want that, even while she's dating Chris.)

• Love 2
On 4/7/2017 at 9:19 PM, Lady Calypso said:

James needs a storyline, period. I don't count his Guardian arc as his own story because it was just masking Winn's true heroic story....somewhat. It was all sloppily handled. I mean, James apparently can't work with the DEO and he'd rather be a mostly lone vigilante, going against Supergirl? Maybe if he was just fighting regular criminals so Kara could handle the alien threats, then I'd be more fine with it. But if he's not running CatCo, then he needs a new purpose. With Lena as a regular next season, I'd love to see a business partnership form there. They could even strike up a friendship. I think even introducing another love interest wouldn't be bad. Mehcad Brooks is a fine actor; his character has just been poorly utilized so he's been pretty boring so far, but non-existent this season. If they can find him more of a purpose, then that would be great. 

I think that the whole Guardian thing was also to have more action scenes on the show. (CW request?) But I agree with all of this, they need to find a way to have CatCo/James relevant again.  Mehcad has been wasted.

• Love 2
(edited)

What I would like above all is

1.) For Kara to leave the DEO for a while and see how she works as a hero if she doesn't have the DEO resources as her backup

2.) For there to be some serious political fallout to the Daxamite invasion. Like it being called into question whether J'onn should lead the DEO. Like Mon-El being questioned whether he was secretly spying for the Daxamites. Like the DEO maybe getting a new boss. Or it being suggested that Kara needs to be put under more government oversight because she's a scary powerful alien. (which all could function as an excellent way to make 1 happen) 

Edited by tofutan
  • Love 4

I really wish they can work out something with Dean Cain's schedule for Season 3, so Jeremiah can have a proper arc and enough screentime to conclude the Cadmus storyline.

• Love 2

Do they really conclude the Cadmus storyline though? Cadmus just seems like the kind of thing that could always be around in the background, but with new leadership every few seasons. Wish they could bring Maxwell back. 

My Season 3 wishlist (in no particular order):

1. More character moments for Kara (and the rest of the cast, for that matter, but mainly for Kara). I think there need to be more scenes of Kara just talking with basically each of the characters, not just to move the plot forward but to discuss her thoughts and feelings. Have Kara and her crew hanging out at game nights, or eating potstickers or watching movies or what have you. Have her getting advice from Clark about reporting in general or a particular story. 

2. Dollops of Cat Grant. I understand that they can't pay Calista to be on the show every week, but she is great. I would in particular love to see the scene where Kara learns that Cat knows her true identity.

3. Recurring background characters. It makes things feel more real when the show has people other than the main cast doing stuff. We've had a little of that but could definitely use more. 

4. Non-formulaic stories. I would love a story like TNG's "Lower Decks" where the main story is told from the perspective of low-level officers rather than the stars we are used to. That would be great for either Catco or the DEO. 

5. Speaking of which, Catco: use it or lose it. If it is important to Kara to be a reporter, show that side of her more. Show that it is another way of using her power. Take a page from "Lois and Clark" and have episodes where the main thing is reporting a story, and along the way Supergirl is required.

6. Solve Jimmy. Use him if there's a Catco resurgence. Or ship him off to Metropolis. Make Jimmy/Guardian a DEO operative/asset. Or kill him and reveal that he's really H. James Olsen, and set the stage for the conventional redheaded Jimmy. (freakin' Smallville). I don't really care much which. But S2 was disgraceful in how underutilized the character was.

7. Better threats. The thing about a show about Supergirl is that physically she is close to unstoppable. There are not too many threats that a person who is nearly invulnerable, has her strength, vision, breath and speed cannot address. So it's incumbent on the writers to get threats that are more of a match for her. That means villains who are on her power level, or who have magic, red sun radiation, or Kryptonite access. It also means that the writers should have scenarios where Supergirl is attacked not on a physical level but on mental, emotional or moral ones.

8. Resolving dangling plot lines and bringing back characters/villains: Where is Jeremiah and why did he throw his lot with Cadmus? How about Max Lord? I would like to see Supergirl and J'onn help with revolution on Mars. There was a reference to Lobo. I would love to see the Main Man make an appearance.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

1. More character moments for Kara (and the rest of the cast, for that matter, but mainly for Kara). I think there need to be more scenes of Kara just talking with basically each of the characters, not just to move the plot forward but to discuss her thoughts and feelings. Have Kara and her crew hanging out at game nights, or eating potstickers or watching movies or what have you. Have her getting advice from Clark about reporting in general or a particular story. 

I'm going to need this to be the number one fix. Because I can stand Mon-El as a standalone character, and I don't mind if he returns and gets back with Kara. What I can't stand if he continues to take Kara away from her other relationships. And you know what? This also applies to Lena because I love Lena, but she also took away from Kara's interactions with the other characters, especially ones that have been there since the beginning. It's only that Lena appeared in far less episodes that make people more focused on Mon-El taking away.

I just want scenes with Kara hanging with Alex, or with Winn/James, just to remind us that she actually still has her old friends and family and she hasn't put herself in a season 2 new friends bubble. 

One of my favourite scenes this season was Kara hanging out with James, Winn, and Mon-El at her apartment. I want way more of that.

58 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

6. Solve Jimmy. Use him if there's a Catco resurgence. Or ship him off to Metropolis. Make Jimmy/Guardian a DEO operative/asset. Or kill him and reveal that he's really H. James Olsen, and set the stage for the conventional redheaded Jimmy. (freakin' Smallville). I don't really care much which. But S2 was disgraceful in how underutilized the character was.

It's really a simple fix for James; don't pretend that he's a minor character. Use him, because he CAN be used, show. Nothing has changed from changing networks, except for choices in Chris Wood becoming the leading man. Have James join the DEO if they want to use him as Guardian. Even if he has more independent missions, he can be an asset and still work for himself while teaming up with the DEO for specific missions. I was not happy with the Guardian arc and didn't really like James all that much at the beginning. But the more the season went on, the more I realized that I wanted more James, just done right. They sacrificed doing anything with him for Chris Wood, and it really made me feel bad for Mehcad Brooks for being treated like crap, and I really wouldn't blame him if he did decide to leave the show at some point. 

I say give him a love interest, since this show is so obsessed with the romantic angle. Whether that's Lena or some new recurring character (maybe a rival for CatCo?), just give him SOMETHING to do. Any type of arc that's about him, since the Guardian arc ended up being more about Winn than James. 

Now, I personally enjoy Winn/Lena scenes, even though we've only gotten a couple. Since I've grown tired and a bit sick of Lyra, I would not mind if season 3 started with Winn mentioning that Lyra took off with her brother to a new city because of all the threats against them, and we never see her again. I'd like to see the return of Winn's father at some point, and maybe we could see Winn and Lena bond over criminal parents and the fear of becoming like them. Also, I still advocate for a mini evil Winn arc, if only for Jeremy Jordan being able to kill that storyline. He's shown his ability to be an evil villain in 2x11 (my personal favourite of season 2), so I'd love to see them explore that.

And hell, bring back Red Kryptonite and have Evil Supergirl team up with Evil Winn. That would seriously make me happy.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm going to need this to be the number one fix. Because I can stand Mon-El as a standalone character, and I don't mind if he returns and gets back with Kara. What I can't stand if he continues to take Kara away from her other relationships. And you know what? This also applies to Lena because I love Lena, but she also took away from Kara's interactions with the other characters, especially ones that have been there since the beginning. It's only that Lena appeared in far less episodes that make people more focused on Mon-El taking away.

I was thinking the same thing. I really like Lena but she has been treated almost as Kara's second most important relationship behind Mon-el this year. There seems to be a problem with the writers focusing on the newer relationships, romantic or platonic, while neglecting older ones.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
(edited)

WIth Cat/Calista and most likely Snapper probably only appearing sporadically (if that often) next season, I hope they bring on Lois Lane as a recurring mentor for Kara.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Apropos of nothing, I thought of an easy way for the show to nerf J'onn's psychic abilities in a relatively non-contrived way: they should just explain that Cadmus has developed psychic blockers and has been selling them on the black market. Boom, easy way for the writers to explain away almost any character being able to block J'onn's mind-reading at will.

• Love 1

Here's my fantasy for the big changes I'd like to see for Season 3.  No more CatCo OR DEO.  Ms. Grant moves CatCo to the east or west coast, which means Kara is out of a job, and Lillian Luther, who if you remember in the last episode was credited for getting rid of the Daxamites, is tapped to head the DEO.  And she immediately fires J'onn & Alex, as it becomes public that they knew the President was an alien.  She tells Supergirl that not only will her services no longer be needed, but she should cease and desist her super activities "for the good of the world".   Right before the staff changes, J'onn and the DEO had been aware of an influx in alien activity, and Lena discovers her portal was still open and thousands of aliens from around the galaxy came through, many from prison colonies.  Feeling guilty and foolish for believing in Rhea, and pissed her mother took all the glory for her invention, she secretly hires Alex, James, J'onn & Supergirl, leaving Winn @ DEO to report back what is happening there.  They form a rogue organization that fights the aliens who came through the portal.  

This gives James something to do, and once Mon-El comes back, he can work there too.  What I loved about S1 of Flash is every story was about a new meta, and it was fascinating seeing all their different strengths (or evils).  Other posters have commented that the villains haven't been that good on Supergirl (when Livewire is deemed your arch-enemy, you really have slim pickins in villains).  This could change that.

On 4/8/2017 at 5:17 AM, kalamac said:

...then Mon-El acts like an emotionally abusive douchebag, and Kara just keeps letting him....and I think, I would not recommend this show to any young person, because they don't need to see that kind of relationship as something they should accept or perpetuate.

LOL, I would be more concerned with the BLATANT political statements that they tried to influence us with this season (whether you lean their way politically or not) than any young person being influenced by a romantic relationship, which you didn't happen to enjoy but many did.

(edited)

I want an episode where Clark and Alex have to work together for some reason. I think that there's a lot of unresolved bio 'sibling' vs adoptive sibling issues that they really only scratched the surface on in the first two Superman episodes.

Edited by Perfect Xero
  • Love 3
On 6/5/2017 at 5:08 PM, Perfect Xero said:

want an episode where Clark and Alex have to work together for some reason. I think that there's a lot of unresolved bio-sibling vs adoptive 'sibling' issues that they really only scratched the surface on in the first two Superman episodes.

Ohhhh, I LIKE that idea.

(edited)

I think Supergirl really struggled with having a 23-episode season and from the 5-week and 9-week breaks in the middle of it. Any momentum they got was cut short by the breaks but even without it, Reign was not a villain meant to last 23 weeks. My wishlist for next season is not only less eps (20?) but for them to do a 4A and a 4B. Two smaller villains, or back to monster-of-the-week type stuff in half. Basically, just tell a tighter story!

(And if they're going to stay with one season-long big bad and/or a long season, I hope they do better with the pacing anyway. There are three Worldkillers, but the other two were like "one and done" villains that barely lasted an episode! Have one of them rise up before Reign and do some minor damage to get the story going! Spend some time with the three of them! Heck if you've gotta stretch out the season do a bottle episode on one of them becoming aware of the problem, the same way Sam got the several episode buildup. Anything instead of stalling out on just one villain!)

Edited by shantown
  • Love 4