Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Kiss And Make-up

Kris is worried about  Caitlyn's name/gender maker change making their marriage non existant.. How about  the kids? If there's no Bruce Jenner, who is their daddy? 

Edited by iwasish

If there's one thing I give Cait credit for is that she has been very understanding and accommodating, especially to her loved ones, when it comes to people getting used to her authentic self. It's easy to finally feel like you're finally the person you were always meant to be. It's not such an easy mental and emotional transition for those who are so accustomed to knowing you just one way. This show exposes/highlights so many flaws of Cait, it's nice for me to take a step back and recognize something positive for a change. 

• Love 1

I can't believe that Kris Jenner actually made me laugh: 

Caitlyn: I would walk around that house and I swear I wouldn't know who any of those people were. 

Krist: Those were your children. 

• Love 7

Caitlyn has referred to herself numerous times as her children's dad. If I recall correctly she said "I want them to be proud of their daddy". So there's that.

My comment was more towards Kris's automatic reaction being all about her, and not a thought for her children.

Cait has always expressed her desire to not hurt her kids or make them feel less important or embarrassed by her transition, I don't doubt her on that point.

I wonder if we'll find out that Caitlyn switched party affiliation in the next episode and the other stories about her supporting Ted Cruz were a publicity ploy? The promos suggest that this might happen.

Edited by maraleia

I wonder if we'll find out that Caitlyn switched party affiliation in the next episode and the other stories about her supporting Ted Cruz were a publicity ploy? The promos suggest that this might happen.

Earlier in this thread you suggested criticism of Jenner might be less if she weren't Republican.

I think it's a gross fallacy to assume most of the criticism lodged against her has arisen from her political leanings.   What's gotten her into trouble is her shallow, self-absorbed point of view and her genuine lack of concern for other LGBT people -- even as she tries to sell herself as a transgender "leader."   The phony, arranged "awards" left a bad taste in a lot of mouths.   Her saying "I don't get gay marriage" floored even the usually unflappable Ellen Degeneres.   Then there was the time she suggested that transgender people who aren't quite as surgically altered, primped and wardrobed as she is might make people uncomfortable because they look like "a man in a dress."   The fact that her actions led to another woman's death and that she got off scot-free rubbed many people the wrong way as well.  

She could be Hillary Clinton's biggest supporter -- it wouldn't change my opinion of her one iota.   She is an awful individual.  A has-been celebrity desperate to be relevant again and she's exploiting the transgender community to get the attention she wants, with utter disregard for all the damage she's doing along the way

So let her switch party affiliation.   Most would see it as just an attempt to put a bandaid on the "trans ambassador" fiasco of a few months ago anyway.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

It's a shame that Candis has decided that at the age of 40 she'd like to have children. This is definitely something that every transgendered person should think about before completing their transition. I have to agree with the legal system here by not making it easy to adopt children if you're single, over 40 and a transgender woman. Naturally, any adoption process considers the child above all else and I can understand that it might be something that a child will have to deal with growing up in a home with only a transgendered mother and no father figure. I know that everyone deserves to have children and a family but as the lawyer said, some couples choose to hide the fact that they are transgendered in order to be able to gain approval for adoption. In Candis case, not only is she single and over 40 but she's a transgender nightclub entertainer. Any court will weigh all these things in making the decision to hand over a baby to her to raise. The cards are definitely stacked against her but I can't help but feel that this entire scenario about her desire to adopt a child was only brought out for this show and not her genuine wish. I think it was contrived just to illustrate just one more hurdle and obstacle that stands in the paths of anyone in the LGBT community.

I also think that bringing in the gender confirmation surgeon may have been Jenny Boylan's choice as far as who it was but I'm certain it was Caitlyn's wish and direction that she do so. If I hear Caitlyn say "I just don't know" one more time, I think I'll throw something at my TV. Caitlyn Jenner knows exactly what she wants and has wanted all along. She's just a coward and doesn't want the press beating her up or embarrass her kids. But, she knows.

I find the reference to her age as a little much, personally. Kris Jenner was close to 40 when she had Kylie and I think she is a horrible mother, but no-one suggests it might be her age during gestation of those bonus Jenner babies she had. Other reality mother's come to mind who I think are forty or close to forty. Jen Arnold is one. Plenty of money but not capable of caring for her children alone due to her disability or whatever the pc term is for dwarfism.June Shannon..good lord, there's a doozy.Momma Duggar...the list goes on.

I like Candis and think she'd be a wonderful Mom, actually. I had my kids young but i think women should be allowed to start their families when they are ready.

Edited by MarysWetBar

I had my son when I was a few days away from forty, so I hate the suggestion that forty is too old. But we are talking about a different situation here. In this situation, a birth mother is going to choose among many women who want to have a child but can't. She may think that a woman who is 30 may be more energetic or more likely to adopt more children, or if she is a young girl, she may just relate more to a younger woman. Who knows, though, it is always worth a try. 

If I was a birth mother I would look at: Does this person seem like a loving caring person who would love and protect my child? Does this person have a job which would allow her lots of time to be with the baby or will the baby be raised by nannies? and Does the adoptive mother have family/friends to help raise the child and provide the child with love? Everyone's list will be different of course. 

• Love 1

"Family is everything to me", says the parent who ignored their four older children for years ( not even acknowledgment of birthdays, graduations, etc.) and who seems pretty vague about the activities of the other four stepchildren and two youngest daughters.

I think the ignoring the kids when it is inconvenient or not about Cait part is what they are euphemistically calling  "checking out".

On April 18, 2016 at 11:46 AM, bichonblitz said:

Kris and her crocodile tears about how disconnected Cait is with the family and how things have been so rough at home with all the Kardashian kid problems. Then Cait immediately goes into a diatribe about changing her drivers license and birth certificate. Way to keep making it all about you, Cait! She is so freaking insufferable!

Scott was awesome this episode. I hope he gets himself together. I keep waffling between liking and hating that guy. 

I've always had a soft spot for Scott.  

I haven't watched this show this season because I also find Caitlyn insufferable and I get enough of her on KUWTK.  And she has made me feel badly for Kris Jenner, which is unforgivable.

• Love 2