Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Betta Male

I really like it too. Some things are really unbelievable such as the FBI having zero concern for one of their agents disappearing. I can't imagine that ever happening. I also find the story with Hank very interesting. He is not a likable character, yet he is not all bad either. i think Andrew McCarthy is doing a good job with a kind of thankless role. I like the actor who plays Danny and I wish he had more to do. They have a few too many characters I think. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

They have a few too many characters I think.

I'm okay with the cast size because I don't see who they could trim.  The reporter is the weakest character, but someone has to represent the press for this headliner story.  Pocky needed the pregger girlfriend to show the "monster in our midst" angle.  The alcoholic son is underutilized but people keep remarking that they know him from other shows and he's a good actor, so I imagine he's going to be important somewhere along the line.  I guess the FBI agent has been largely extraneous . . . but he's my favorite!

They could have kept Hank's mother and the bakery woman around and they could have had another cop on the case for friction with Nina.  Claire has an office staff that must be throwing some side-eye and I can't believe they passed up the chance for a nasty neighbor screaming "Kiddie diddler!" at Hank, just to contrast with the buttoned down main family.

Ha, I'm bored . . . can you tell?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, candall said:

They could have kept Hank's mother and the bakery woman around and they could have had another cop on the case for friction with Nina. 

Did we ever find out why Hank was scrubbing his basement with bleach?   Maybe his mother was doing something bad that he didn't want discovered. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Did we ever find out why Hank was scrubbing his basement with bleach?

That still feels like a major plot point. At first it looked like he was getting rid of Adam's blood.  But that was wrong. . . could he have been protecting his mother??

Whatever else this show has going for it, they've done a terrific job making us wonder exactly which shade of grey Hank is going to land on.

Edited by candall
  • Love 2
On 5/3/2016 at 6:47 PM, candall said:

Whatever else this show has going for it, they've done a terrific job making us wonder exactly which shade of grey Hank is going to land on.

I'm going with Battleship with hints of Charcoal...

• Love 2
(edited)

Pedophile Pewter, Benjamin Moore

Or maybe Pretty in Pewter.  Ha.  

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I thought Ben's "I never want to see him again" was to illustrate that Ben hated being Ben and wants to remain Adam, the kid who was loved and missed.  

That's the way I read that scene also.  This show is both irritating and intriguing.  There's another BBC show, The Five, which is about a group of friends who lose the younger brother of one of them, and years later, his DNA shows up at a crime scene.  I don't like it that much.  On Hollyoaks, a girl who went missing and was replaced by an impostor, has been re-united with her family, and is fighting with the impostor because she had sex with her brother.  Now that's a soap opera.

Edited by atomationage