Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Motherless Child

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I so so so wished that Malory also turned out to be Barry's mother.  That would have been too perfect.

I could have done without the sweat pits, but Pam showing up in just her underwear and a utility belt more than makes up for that.

Barry is also a poor shot.  He missed Archer's foot and got him in the shin.  Loved that dance Barry did on the desk, though.

Ron is still a character I see.  Meh.

Doubly loved that Malory got herself out of two predicaments - her kidnapping and the trucker.  This is that Malory I love and she's been missing for quite a few seasons.

Another great thing about this episode - Lana played a minor part in it.  Thank you, show.

I'm torn over what my favorite moment was: Pam's undie/utility outfit, Barry's raised gun/legs akimbo happy dance, or Barry saying he's going to meet his birth mother and immediately getting hit by a van.

A+ + +

• Love 2

Another fun episode. Nice that Barry is back, now wearing an ill-fitting Cyril mask. Because Krieger, that's why. And aside from getting shot in the leg, Archer doesn't get hurt too much or learn anything. Bad that Barry didn't bother doing his homework on Malory. Gotta love how she hijacked a truck on her way to murdering everybody in her way.

ETA: Also gotta love out Archer still shoots in enclosed spaces. "Mawp! Mawp!"

• Love 2

Wasn't a fan of last week, but I enjoyed this one a lot more.  I love how Barry pretty much is a Terminator now (glad that was on purpose, because he really did look like a T-100), and continues to be a thorn in Archer's side.  And I couldn't stop laughing over Cheryl having the hots for him.  She would.  She totally would bang a psychopathic robot.  Classic Cheryl!

But my favorite part was Malory being a badass and actually saving herself, instead of the gang rescuing her.  I love that this season so far has featured a lot more Malory compared to the last one.

I am so not surprised Krieger would have replicas of everyone's faces and hands.  I really don't want to know what his plan was with all of them.

Archer shooting in enclosed spaces might still be my favorite running gag, even behind "Phrasing!"

Forgot to mention the silhouettes of Pam. Ray and Cheryl at the end of the first act. Ray's smoking, Pam's drinking and holding her finger up (which is an Archer pose, but whatever), and Cheryl seems to be having fun with glue.

• Love 1

So, the body in the pool could be Archer, or someone in a Archer face & hands mask now, I guess. Although I still say it's really him and he gets cyborged by Kreiger.

Did not catch any obvious mystery movie reference in this episode, unlike the last 3 (Sunset Blvd., Usual Suspects, Fletch)

Edited by Charlesman
  • Love 4

I liked last week's episode better. The best part of this week was seeing badads Mallory.

I will admit I actually thought Mallory would turn out to be Barry's mom. I still think it would ve hilarious if Barry/Archer turned out to be siblings.

I didn't find this episode particularly amusing but, I thought it had the best use of the ensemble so far.

• Love 1

I liked last week's episode better. The best part of this week was seeing badads Mallory.

I will admit I actually thought Mallory would turn out to be Barry's mom. I still think it would ve hilarious if Barry/Archer turned out to be siblings.

I didn't find this episode particularly amusing but, I thought it had the best use of the ensemble so far.

I also thought it would be revealed that Mallory was Barry's mother as well. Just the surface stuff would be hilarious, the issue of Barry being second class to Archer even before birth would be pure gold.

• Love 1

Seeing Barry again was great. Even as a Terminator/Mummy/Negative Man, he's a dick.

Love that the password was once again "GUEST" because of course it was. Speaking of callbacks to old running gags, nice to see "classic you" and the tinfoil goose return, too.

Glad I wasn't the only one who was expecting Barry's real mother to be Malory. And why WAS Krieger keeping copies of everyone's faces and hands? I was expecting Brett's corpse.

So, the body in the pool could be Archer, or someone in a Archer face & hands mask now, I guess. Although I still say it's really him and he gets cyborged by Kreiger.

Did not catch any obvious movie reference in this episode, unlike the last 3 (Sunset Blvd., Usual Suspects, Fletch)

Pretty sure Terminator and The Invisible Man were both front and center and went without saying.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Miss that one.

Can you tell us all four references you speak of?

Did not catch any obvious mystery movie reference in this episode, unlike the last 3 (Sunset Blvd., Usual Suspects, Fletch)