Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

This was a really good episode after a few clunkers. I liked that they actually used the amazing ensemble case they've assembled instead of just an hour of the Frank and Danny Show. And it was exactly what I want and expect from this show - a well shot, well acted, hopelessly old fashioned, clumsily written drama that you can really enjoy as long as you don't think about it too much.

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 6
A mobster is killed in his car and retaliation looms, so Danny and Baez question his errand boy, who was found tied up in the trunk. Elsewhere, Frank struggles to grant a cop's request for her late father's shield number because it was also Joe's number.

I can understand Jamie's position that he wants to remain on the street rather than work to mop up as a detective after a crime has already been committed. Adam 12 vs. Dragnet.

That doesn't explain to me, however, his reluctance to take exams that would advance his career out of the lower level police officer rank to sergeant or training officer or whatever, where he could remain on the street, but with more responsibility. And what ever became of the assignment his father the Police Commissioner offered him on a special police oversight commission? Seems like a waste of a Harvard Law School education.

• Love 3

The Jack and Danny thing felt like it replaced something else in the script at the last minute because that was pure filler.

That said Danny is a hothead, but he's only reckless when it comes to himself and not to other officers.  Janko ignoring the 10-13 just to bust a low level case to serve her career annoyed me to no end.

That doesn't explain to me, however, his reluctance to take exams that would advance his career out of the lower level police officer rank to sergeant or training officer or whatever, where he could remain on the street, but with more responsibility. And what ever became of the assignment his father the Police Commissioner offered him on a special police oversight commission?

Nick Turtorro is appearing next week so I'm hoping he's going to give Jamie a push in that direction.  I hope with the amount of times they mention the exam he follows through on it.

We know Frank was young once and looking like Young Tom Seleck and stuff, you know. Pretty sure girls were all over that! And it was 1970s.

I was really hoping they would have shown a photo of him shirtless and his short shorts.  Because you know...Magnum is a stud.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 4

Wow, what a surprise with Eddie being selfish brat and Jamie folding to her BS! At least the writers are consistent with her. I didn't expect Jamie and Eddie to be separated anytime soon, though.

I miss Erin's pretty investigator. Although I like the new dude, and the case was engaging, more or less.

The Grandpa being bitter over Robert Conrad playing him and the Dinner scene were the best parts of the episode for me. I also liked bonding scene between Jamie, Frank and Danny.

The Frank and The Tell-all Book Of Doom was forgettable. We know Frank was young once and looking like Young Tom Seleck and stuff, you know. Pretty sure girls were all over that! And it was 1970s. Lots of rules were being different back then. Who cares? Garrett's hand-wringing was even more weird.

I like her hot former investigator,too, but I'm really enjoying Steve "Bobby Baccala" Schirippa a lot.  I hope he's there for the long haul.  He and Erin had good chemistry and a good working relationship. 

The Eddie stuff with her grabbing the keys to keep Jamie from responding to an "officer down" call - Ugh!  I'd refuse to ever work with her again. Although Jamie smoothed it over he was clearly NOT amused and I think he knows that regardless of trying to "make nice" afterwards, he can't trust her judgment anymore.   I hope her detective ambitions are paving the way for a graceful transition of her off the show - or at least in a reduce role and not Jamie's partner.

• Love 5

Just as Frank wouldn't be too candid with Lenny at the end, I think Jamie held back with Eddie. Jamie was studying for the test, so I call bs on the bar exam excuse.

These writers get sloppy sometimes & I agree it's best to watch knowing it, but I would like to think Danny & the late Joe play at least a part in holding Jamie back along with the weight of his legendary father & grandfather.

I think Eddie's me first attitude should catch up with her if the show follows its pattern, i.e. Amanda & Dino. I would hate to see Eddie promoted after what we saw. I also think that if the writers fancied Eddie at the Reagan dinner table, they don't now -- or shouldn't.

• Love 1

If I remember correctly isn't smoking banned in all NYC restaurants, so why is Frank and his buddies getting away with smoking cigars at dinner?

Erin's new investigator is so NYC, he actually reminds me of my friends's fathers when I was growing up in NYC so kudos to the casting people.

• Love 1

If I remember correctly isn't smoking banned in all NYC restaurants, so why is Frank and his buddies getting away with smoking cigars at dinner?

Erin's new investigator is so NYC, he actually reminds me of my friends's fathers when I was growing up in NYC so kudos to the casting people.

Steve Schirripa is really from Brooklyn - Bensonhurst - so he definitely brings the right vibe.

I actually agreed with Eddie that she and Jamie should not respond to the officer down call.  I just think her reasoning of career advancement was wrong. 

Jamie and Eddie were on an assignment and their orders were to stay put.  That was their assignment.  There were other officers able to respond to the 10-13 and assist the officer, wasn't as if they were the only ones who could help.  If it were an actual crime that could be prevented that they saw while on stakeout and Eddie wouldn't respond to, I might agree with Jamie, but this was their assignment.  Does every police officer leave the precinct house to respond to the officer down call?  No, because there are other responsibilities and others who can respond, don't need to leave your post to deal with everything.  If their assignment was guarding a witness and they heard the 10-13 call, do they get to just leave the witness unprotected to go handle the 10-13?  No.  There is no decision to be made, their express orders from a superior were to stay on the suspect's mom, Jamie doesn't get to leave and he was wrong to want to and wrong to demand Eddie do so either. 

JMO.  I know everyone disagrees.

• Love 2

There were other officers able to respond to the 10-13 and assist the officer, wasn't as if they were the only ones who could help.

However Jamie said they were only 2 blocks away from it so more than likely the closest ones to respond. 

• Love 2

However Jamie said they were only 2 blocks away from it so more than likely the closest ones to respond.

In the time it took Jamie to run two blocks (not that long a period), the situation was completely handled by another unit (who were close enough to have arrived, assessed the situation and wrapped it up), so I don't think Eddie and Jamie were the only or even the closest officers.  Just Jamie (who I love) always wants to be involved and can't sit things out.  Could have called dispatch and asked.  Could have waited a few seconds to see if any other units were responding (they would, as there are other patrol cars in a given precinct).  Jamie and Eddie would know where other patrol cars are supposed to be.  He didn't care.  He heard the distress call, was close, he was going to respond and didn't care about an assignment he didn't want to be on in the first place.  He was on a special assignment, not on patrol and should not have left his post, IMO.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 1

Bazinga, others have made the same argument as you elsewhere, including some who purport to be in law enforcement, but responding to the 10-13 so close by is not something that I can say Jamie was wrong for doing. Jamie lost a brother who was also his best friend & a partner on the job -- Vinny died in his arms. Jamie's been the one on the radio calling 10-13. Jamie knows from experience what can be on the other end of that call & I think what Jamie did was the standard Reagan response to boot. I remember when Danny & Jackie hightailed it for Rev. Potter's church in Season 2 in the middle of their own busts. A fellow officer is in trouble nearby, it trumps everything else for Jamie. I kind of like that attitude with retired law enforcement in my own family. Maybe Jamie should have manned his post & I think Jamie (& I as the viewer) may have heard Eddie's argument had, as you noted, her reasoning not been chasing a detective shield.

• Love 3

ComeWhatMay, totally loved your post.  I don't read anywhere else, so didn't know that others had made the same point.  Unlike you, I was not factoring in Jamie's past losses and that is important.  I still don't think he was right, as the show was trying to portray, in his leaving his assigned post.  Some things an officer can just drop and respond (giving a ticket) and some things they can't (guarding a witness; pursuing a rape/murder suspect; doing a stakeout of a suspect important enough to warrant a special assignment; etc.).  Jamie's history and overall Reaganess, makes his actions make more sense, but having said history doesn't make him right.  Eddie was right, IMO, but her reasoning makes her look callous and selfish.  If Eddie wasn't trying to impress her "Rabbi", she would have responded just like Jamie.  Didn't like the way the show portrayed Jamie's actions as right and Eddie wrong when I think it is actually the opposite.  That is my overall point.  The show was trying to show that Jamie and Eddie have different career outlooks.  Just don't like how that point was shown.

Edited by Bazinga

ComeWhatMay, totally loved your post.  I don't read anywhere else, so didn't know that others had made the same point.  Unlike you, I was not factoring in Jamie's past losses and that is important.  I still don't think he was right, as the show was trying to portray, in his leaving his assigned post.  Some things an officer can just drop and respond (giving a ticket) and some things they can't (guarding a witness; pursuing a rape/murder suspect; doing a stakeout of a suspect important enough to warrant a special assignment; etc.).  Jamie's history and overall Reaganess, makes his actions make more sense, but having said history doesn't make him right.  Eddie was right, IMO, but her reasoning makes her look callous and selfish.  If Eddie wasn't trying to impress her "Rabbi", she would have responded just like Jamie.  Didn't like the way the show portrayed Jamie's actions as right and Eddie wrong when I think it is actually the opposite.  That is my overall point.  The show was trying to show that Jamie and Eddie have different career outlooks.  Just don't like how that point was shown.

In this situation I'm not looking at it form a perspective of right and wrong. I'm looking at what was behind their decisions and I can sympathize with Jamie wanting to help a fellow officer in distress but I can't sympathize with Eddie chasing a badge.

This is something that has always bothered me about the show. Every time Frank is out to dinner, they show him and his buddies smoking cigars. But yes, smoking is absolutely, 100% illegal in NYC restaurants and offices, so why in the world would the PC be shown with a cigar in his mouth???

As for the 10-13, wasn't the call for ALL OFFICERS IN THE VICINITY? If so, and with them being only 2 blocks away, why wouldn't they respond to an 'officer down' call? I'd think half the cops in the city would respond to that. And the call went out several times. Cops respond when one of their own goes down. It's just what they do.

Edited by Sake614

This is something that has always bothered me about the show. Every time Frank is out to dinner, they show him and his buddies smoking cigars. But yes, smoking is absolutely, 100% illegal in NYC restaurants and offices, so why in the world would the PC be shown with a cigar in his mouth???

There's a couple of possibilities. One is that it wasn't intended to be a restaurant, but a club with an exemption (there are a few around IIRC). More likely this is Blue Bloods world where Frank Reagan is allowed to disregard pesky rules and laws he doesn't like as long as he is morally correct (which is always).

• Love 1

There are cigar bars, but they aren't allowed to serve food or beverages. And there were other people in the restaurant. Frank's group was just in a private room. But that still doesn't exempt them from the law...

It seems they are trying to spread things about more, which I think is good. If DW's new address forced the writers' hands to give others more to do, I'm glad.

Danny's 'in your face' way with Jamie was well in evidence at dinner. No wonder they can't talk. "That's Danny." "He came out that way." Danny's carte blanche to be an ass -- "colicky baby, hyperactive kid, rebellious teenager, gung ho Marine" -- could have been addressed. It's called parenting. It still could be.

Selleck & Estes both got me when Jamie told Frank about the request for Joe's number. Its a reminder Joe is really gone & dose of salt in a wound that will never heal. Loved that Carpenter asked Frank to tell her about Joe. A parent of a deceased child is still a parent. I cop to superstition & I would not want that number, personally.

Nice that Jamie still had Renzulli's back -- like he did when Renzulli was in a jam with his bookie when he was a rookie riding with him -- & to see Jamie riding with Renzulli again period. It felt like two adults on the street.

The ending with Eddie bugged me. Renzulli's comment about covering for friends & how there had been too much of it lately right down to apologizing for causing trouble between Jamie & Eddie (!) & bringing Eddie with him to see the boss. I don't like the character of Eddie -- never have, I admit. "By the book..." "Best partner Jamie ever had..." It all rang very false to me, like stroking an ego. Too much. After last week's admitted badge chasing on Eddie's part it felt schizophrenic & worse still, fake.

• Love 6

Yes, writers, tell us more about how Eddie is The Most Awesome Ever, The Best Partner Jamie Ever Ever Had, Super Reliable and Loyal! We didn't hear the first one thousand times!

Ugh.

The Keyser Söze ending for the mob story was telegraphed and obvious. Although the perp was more stupid than I thought, and Danny and Baez were too trusting. I liked Danny shooting him point-blank, though. Very tense scene.

The scene with Frank and Jamie at the beginning was very good and subtle. I also enjoyed Frank's and the Grandpa's conversation, The family dinner was touching as well.

• Love 3

"Potential muggers are shot by a newly retired lieutenant, who then goes on the run and leaves Frank to deal with the complicated aftermath. Elsewhere, Baez wants to arrest a drug dealer for a murder she witnessed him commit when she was a kid."

This was another really enjoyable episode. I didn't even FF through the family dinner. If we excuse the usual Blue Bloods issues, like the ridiculous scene where Danny tricks the mob shooter, the only problem was Eddie. Her reactions just felt out of character (not that her usual portrayal isn't annoying) and OTT. The story also was a painful reminder that that Jamie and Renzulli had much better chemistry than Jamie and Eddie. And I'd really prefer to see a Jamie/Renzulli romance too.

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 4

Jamie and Renzulli? Mention of Joe? It felt like season 1. Probably why I liked this one. I also liked that the family dinner revolved strictly to a family issue; too many are tied to the case of the week.

• Love 7

I think the writers for Chicago Fire took over this episode - at least for all the parts dealing with Eddie. Shades of Dawson all over the place.

For two guys who force their family into Mass every Sunday Frank and Granddad sure acted pretty clueless with that shield. Make sure to get that thing to one of your priest buddies and have it blessed before it gets to another officer. I think the show handled it pretty clever by having her wear her old shield but it's odd that these two decidedly Catholic guys would not even consider that option.

Still apart from the Eddie stuff a solid episode with all the throwbacks to Joe and Jamie riding with Rizzulil. And Erin asking Jamie if the officer requesting Joe's shield was cute was funny and gave me some slight hope that maybe we'll get rid of Eddie one day. (I don't think so but it's a nice thought - especially as I quite liked the actress in her short scene with Frank.)

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2

Make sure to get that thing to one of your priest buddies and have it blessed before it gets to another officer.

Pretty sure Catholic priests would just laugh at them (or even reprimand them!) for being superstitious dumbasses. It's in the modern Catechism where superstition is considered "unseemly or irreverent worship of God". I was glad there wasn't any "cursed artifact" thing with the shield, it was just Frank and the Pops being paranoid.

Edited by CooperTV

Nah, obviously you're not going to talk about a curse with a priest. Just hand him the shield and ask for a blessing because it's going to a new officer. I'm Catholic and I've seen plenty of objects getting blessed - some of them a tad odd. And I've seen priests handing out blessings they were not allowed to according to the Catechism and catching heat for it - but that's another story.

The point is not that they should have done that, I'm glad they haven't. But it's odd they never even discussed it just to get some peace of mind for themselves. It was also odd that even level-headed Jamie admitted to have some dubious feelings about the shield.

Quite frankly I think they should have let the curse - let's call it statistical anomaly - out of the story. It could have been just as touching without that.

• Love 1

Nah, obviously you're not going to talk about a curse with a priest. Just hand him the shield and ask for a blessing because it's going to a new officer.

I just remembered that it was not even a specific number on the specific shield (not even one series, several of a different ones that include the same numbers? 4608, 468, 46?) that made Frank so creeped out, right? I'm so glad the writers didn't have characters to go with this nonsense to the Church!

But his comment after -- "you play me, I play you" came across as unprofessional and jerk-like (jerky?). Just one more reason I despise Danny -- everything's personal with him.

Rule of Cool, and the dude was a killer that tried to start a mob war with innocent victims thrown in the mix. Kind of hard to feel especially sorry for him as a person.

If bad guy Ronnie had watched any episodes at all of this show, he would know that Baez giving orders to her partner and to the squad car as they left Vinchetti's apartment was a dead giveaway that something was up. Giving orders is Danny's job, she just follows along.

• Love 1

There's a couple of possibilities. One is that it wasn't intended to be a restaurant, but a club with an exemption (there are a few around IIRC). More likely this is Blue Bloods world where Frank Reagan is allowed to disregard pesky rules and laws he doesn't like as long as he is morally correct (which is always).

Oh I absolutely think they were at  a private club/cigar bar. This episode alone we see how much Frank values how he is perceived, to the extent he can control it, so I don't think he *would break the rules so blatantly. There are several cigar bars in NYC that were grandfathered in after the no smoking ban. They all serve cocktails.

Oh I absolutely think they were at a private club/cigar bar. This episode alone we see how much Frank values how he is perceived, to the extent he can control it, so I don't think he *would break the rules so blatantly. There are several cigar bars in NYC that were grandfathered in after the no smoking ban. They all serve cocktails.

And some serve food too. I'm not in NYC, but NYS and we have a cigar bar client that serves bar snacks etc. And a little Googling brings up Merchants NY Cigar Bar with a full menu. My understanding is that NYC was considering or already had rolled back the regs/enforcement for private clubs too. I'm pretty sure that the producers didn't consider much beyond "Tom Selleck likes cigars and thinks they look cool" though. Then again the viewers have always spent much more time than the writers and producers thinking about realism and consistency and if things make sense.

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 4

The shooting at the end does kinda make me wonder about the process afterwards and all the details. Does the IAB team already have forms preprinted with Danny's name and shield number and they just fill in the blanks? Does he do training sessions for union delegates since he's been through more investigations than any of them? Since he's shooting someone at least a couple times a season and never seems to miss is he exempted from having to qualify on the range? How does he explain doing something so stupid and reckless to his wife or are we supposed to forget about her issues? So many questions...

• Love 1

The shooting at the end does kinda make me wonder about the process afterwards and all the details. Does the IAB team already have forms preprinted with Danny's name and shield number and they just fill in the blanks? Does he do training sessions for union delegates since he's been through more investigations than any of them? Since he's shooting someone at least a couple times a season and never seems to miss is he exempted from having to qualify on the range? How does he explain doing something so stupid and reckless to his wife or are we supposed to forget about her issues? So many questions...

He would probably write long report how he was in the wrong for not shooting the armed perpetrator according to regs, in the center of the mass, but just to wound him.

While I was not surprised that the entire family came to the decision to let Carpenter have Joe's shield number, I felt like the discussion got very pushy. Put it to a vote, then call out everyone who hasn't jumped in with his or her "yes" (Nikki, Jack) until they cave; then you can proudly say that the vote was unanimous.

• Love 3

While I was not surprised that the entire family came to the decision to let Carpenter have Joe's shield number, I felt like the discussion got very pushy. Put it to a vote, then call out everyone who hasn't jumped in with his or her "yes" (Nikki, Jack) until they cave; then you can proudly say that the vote was unanimous.

agreed

I agree as well. Actually, the only part I liked was Erin asking if she was pretty and saying that's why Joe would have said yes.

At first I thought she was asking because she thought Jamie was only pursuing the topic because he was possibly interested in Carpenter. So, when she said that giving his shield number to an attractive lady cop would have been right up Joe's alley, I laughed.

Frank's "bully side" made a definite appearance there however much Frank coaxed rather than threatened or blustered.

Greetings from Snowzilla. I guess no new episode next week?

That's a smarmy Sergeant. Poor Staten Island. Love me some bad ass Jamie. Take the Sergeants' exam, Jamie. Brilliant takedown.

Perhaps bringing Eddie along to tell the boss got Renzulli the boot from the 12th & landed us with Ray -- a rather ironic name? Eddie wanted IA on Renzulli, but Eddie kisses her Sargeant & she wants to keep it on the DL. Eddie admitted some culpability, of course. I dealt with sexual harassment in the workplace so I know what it can mean for you to come forward. You must own your crap too should there be any & it can cost -- hence the dilemma for Eddie based on what I've seen. Jamie handled it, but for the writers that's not a great message to send in a situation like this or if the goal is to garner respect for a character you seem to cling to... Someone last week referenced Dawson on Chicago Fire. I don't watch, but a quick Internet search tells me these two are not Dawson & Casey, whatever the issues may be on that show.

Langley failed chemistry like the writers if I'm supposed to think he's right about Jamie & his intentions regarding Eddie these days. Jamie's stoic like Frank, but I'm not seeing jealous, at all. Faces close & nary a spark? Looking out for his partner in the Reagan way is all I saw.

Speaking of which... Loved Baez's sister's take on Danny. Blaming Baez for their brother was foul. And, Baez doing the right thing, however delayed, was great to see. Didn't like Danny steamrolling Baez to get there. In his bull in the china shop way, he was looking out for Baez, but Danny is just the type to go off the deep end in some way like we saw tonight. Maybe one day Jamie has to send Danny home to Staten Island to work?

• Love 1

Maybe Eddie should have participated her own story-line about sexual harassment more? Just a thought? For obvious reasons of it to be more empowering for her as female character. Because Jamie whit-knighting for her (and other women) was strange.

They were trying to parallel Eddie's plot with Baez's plot but with little success, IMO. Baez has serious concerns about the safety of her neighborhood and her family, and was proven right more than ones. And at least I get Baez's thought process in changing her mind. I didn't get Eddie's perspective at all.

Frank and the Pops dealing with that racist douchebag was nicely done. Another instance of nothing being resolved and racist assholes not seeing the light was a nice touch.

• Love 1

I didn't get Eddie's perspective at all.

Unless I'm not reading anything into a situation that went beyond what I saw, I could relate to Eddie's perspective. It was just a kiss, and her lips were momentarily engaged, too. From that point, I could see where she's fine with blowing off what happened, but not wanting to have anything to do with Ray anymore.  I agree, though, it would be more empowering if she had been the one to gather the Raylettes herself and the one to lead the intervention. Why wouldn't Jamie's info about being asked if he had dibs on Eddie be enough to fire her up and look for others who'd been caught in her position (or worse) and set that little trap? Maybe the mere appearance of some male cop onlookers would've been a nice touch, too. As it was, it looked like another Reagan to the Rescue scenario.

I kind of liked Danny's pedofilo charge, and the way he looked so tiny next to that bad guy. This could have been Baez, too, backed by the blue. And she wouldn't have needed an interpreter. She could still have her moment in the interrogation room.

Off-screen, the racist cop had already been booked and was out on bond, correct?

New Yawk Tawk:  Do cops who live on Staten Island feel that they're in a wasteland, too, or are they enjoying the short commute and the ability to watch their kids, even for a few minutes, on the soccer and baseball fields? Being assigned Staten Island is certainly the kiss of death for everyone else on this show. Does anyone have a feel for what boroughs the other Reagans live in? 

Edited by mojito
I kind of liked Danny's pedofilo charge, and the way he looked so tiny next to that bad guy. This could have been Baez, too, backed by the blue. And she wouldn't have needed an interpreter. She could still have her moment in the interrogation room.

Maybe Danny was trying to for suspense? Like her nailing him in the interrogation room would have been more impact than her arresting him for minor violations and then admitting she's the witness to his crime. But yeah, they could give her this entire storyline, easy.

Off-screen, the racist copy had already been booked and was out on bond, correct?

I was confused about that as well. He came to the DA office and started threatening the cops and the ADAs with the gun, and before he shot people on the street for no reason. Why he's running around annoying people with his BS, instead of being in jail?

• Love 1

The "oh shut up Danny" moment for me (among all the others) was when he brushed off Erin with "you, sitting in your ivory tower," and I wanted her to come back with: where I've been shot, held hostage, stalked and talked an armed suspect into surrendering the other day...SHUT UP, DANNY.

Also, interesting that they finally had an unabashed racist cop. I wonder if they're going to take this case further and see how it polarizes the community (and the force). Not likely, but it would be interesting.

And yeah, Jamie white-knighting Eddie was not a particularly character-building moment for her. But the look on Jamie's face at the end there showed that he is a Reagan like his father and grandfather and could end up as commish himself one day.

It was kind of a step back from last week, where Eddie and Jamie had a real talk about their careers and goals and how to treat each other, especially because he's a Reagan (which was kind of a first for the show). 

• Love 1

Unless I'm not reading anything into a situation that went beyond what I saw, I could relate to Eddie's perspective. It was just a kiss, and her lips were momentarily engaged, too. From that point, I could see where she's fine with blowing off what happened, but not wanting to have anything to do with Ray anymore.  I agree, though, it would be more empowering if she had been the one to gather the Raylettes herself and the one to lead the intervention. Why wouldn't Jamie's info about being asked if he had dibs on Eddie be enough to fire her up and look for others who'd been caught in her position (or worse) and set that little trap? Maybe the mere appearance of some male cop onlookers would've been a nice touch, too. As it was, it looked like another Reagan to the Rescue scenario.

Off-screen, the racist cop had already been booked and was out on bond, correct?

New Yawk Tawk:  Do cops who live on Staten Island feel that they're in a wasteland, too, or are they enjoying the short commute and the ability to watch their kids, even for a few minutes, on the soccer and baseball fields? Being assigned Staten Island is certainly the kiss of death for everyone else on this show. Does anyone have a feel for what boroughs the other Reagans live in? 

It's been mentioned that  Frank's house is in Bay Ridge, which is Brooklyn.  My husband's family lived there when it was a Norwegian area, but no idea what it's become since (that was a long time ago).  Other than that, it's kind of left to us to figure out.  Sometimes they act as if Erin lived nearby, but other times she seems to live in Manhattan.  No idea at all about Jamie. 

• Love 1

Does anyone have a feel for what boroughs the other Reagans live in?

Danny lives in Staten Island (though they film the scenes at his house in Queens.)  When Jamie was engaged ti Sydney it seems they were living in a nice loft in midtown but no indication of where he lives since then.  Erin/Nicki seem to live in Manhattan though at one point Park Slope was referenced.

• Love 4

I knew Frank was in Staten Island and for some reason, thought that Danny was in Queens. So he, too, is in State Island. Also suspected that Erin/Nikki were in Manhattan but don't really know why. Maybe it seems that Nikki always had easy access to Manhattan whereas Danny's family seemed more remote. Wow, Jamie was in a nice loft in Midtown. Did he work for a law firm before becoming a cop? Can't remember. Maybe one day it'll come out that he's actually living in NJ!

I knew Frank was in Staten Island and for some reason, thought that Danny was in Queens. So he, too, is in State Island. Also suspected that Erin/Nikki were in Manhattan but don't really know why. Maybe it seems that Nikki always had easy access to Manhattan whereas Danny's family seemed more remote. Wow, Jamie was in a nice loft in Midtown. Did he work for a law firm before becoming a cop? Can't remember. Maybe one day it'll come out that he's actually living in NJ!

Frank is in Bay Ridge, which is in Brooklyn.  It's Danny who is in Staten Island. The house that they show for the exterior of Frank's house is really in  Bay Ridge.  I don't know where the house they use for the exteriors of Danny's is, but I'll bet it's not really over on Staten Island.

• Love 2

Boy this was kind of a clunker. It felt like they were shooting from the first draft of a script that really needed some revisions. The opening was find and Henry and Frank's scenes were fine as well as Tom Selleck speechifying, but the Lt.'s actions after the shooting really didn't feel organic and like everyone else I felt that we needed a explanation for HTH he ended up not in jail. The Danny plot was competent for what it was, but could have used some punching up. As far as Jamie goes I sort of zoned out like usual by now. Please writers - give it up.

Transferring people to Staten Island is only a punishment if the person doesn't live there already... I think I've also heard it called a "ruler" transfer. That is, if a boss wants to punish someone, they measure the distance between the officer's home address and the absolute furthest precinct from there. So if you live in Staten Island, that would probably be the Bronx.