Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

OK, I've just removed more off topic posts regarding crime statistics and back and forth debates. To repeat what I posted in another thread, please keep the discussion related to the episode. 

As soon as I saw that they were addressing progressive protesters, I just laughed. "Oh, Blue Bloods, you're adorable." So in just three episodes, they've managed to show progressive protesters as lying nutjobs and independent journalists as narcissistic asshole morons. You keep being you, Blue Bloods!

• Love 3

Why do the Regans and the rest of the PD think it is OK to squash tickets for their family and friends at the same time they ticket the average citizen for the same offenses?  It is not something I think is right though I assume it goes on.  But to act indignant about the whole thing is beyond me.  Kept saying to myself, how can they think this is alright?  Just because it is a traditional perk of the job, doesn't mean it is right and fair to the non blue blooded.  How is this action OK?  Typical Blue Bloods/Regan family arrogance.  And, of course, Erin will treat the matter differently and settle it because the lesson she learned is that family comes first and the rest of you can suck it. 

Of course Eddie's ticket squashing was a heartwarming older woman on a fixed income.  It's OK, it was for a senior citizen who can't afford to pay!  Subtle this show is not.

Why was the "acting DA" never named?  Just seemed weird the way the person was not being mentioned by a name.  

The Bullitt Mustang story wasn't as interesting as I was hoping.  Knew it was an inside job from the beginning (Anthony Edwards is not going to just play a victim) based on the initial setup and this was confirmed by our having no actual suspects the whole episode.  The case wrap up was also too abrupt.  The whole episode should have focused on the ticket squashing story.  At least that was interesting if wrongminded.   

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 5

Omigod, James Lesure is amazing. I'd love it if he could become a regular. Although I guess for his sake I'd prefer he get a regular gig on a new show where he could be used more. He's really great. His chemistry with Moynihan is excellent. 

• Love 11

I also was expecting the Bulitt Mustang story to be more fun. It was OK, but I thought it was overshadowed by the heavier ticket fixing story. I was really hoping for a more lighthearted episode, as all the episodes about terrorist attacks, serial killers and Reagan lives and careers being in grave danger become tiresome for me after a while.

I could see both sides of the ticket fixing story. It really shouldn't happen. But if it had been an unofficial perk for 100 years I think the DA should have let the commissioner know he was going to start cracking down, so he had better end the practice, rather than start busting cops without warning. Any time you are going to start enforcing a rule that hasn't been enforced for years a warning is called for.

I also liked that they made the distinction between doing it for friends and family (or little old ladies on fixed incomes) as opposed to doing it for bribes, while also pointing out that it would be difficult to tell who was profiting.

Jamie and Eddie ticketing the judge was funny. Interesting how the judge immediately tried to invoke his own illegal perk to beat the ticket. I was hoping he would take a swing at Jamie and get in real trouble.

• Love 3

Omigod, James Lesure is amazing. I'd love it if he could become a regular. Although I guess for his sake I'd prefer he get a regular gig on a new show where he could be used more. He's really great. His chemistry with Moynihan is excellent.

He's a regular on the Uncle Buck "not a reboot but it is" coming in the winter on ABC.

I did enjoy the scene with the men ogling over the car; the show needs light hearted moments. I think the last time that really happened was during the episode where the soap box racer was deemed illegal in Frank's eyes and got jamieinvolved to fix it.

At least Erin didn't back down against her dad but...eh. Both stories were not that interesting. And you don't bring Anthony Edwards in just for him not being involved. It just seemed to circle back to him pretty quickly.

The "Happy Birthday" metaphor was terrible. It was never "illegal" to sing the song in your own home. It's silly that Erin didn't counter that, as obviously she'd know that as a lawyer (also, who the hell gives their kid shit like that on her fortieth birthday celebration? Just kind of douchey, Frank).

He's a regular on the Uncle Buck "not a reboot but it is" coming in the winter on ABC.

Thanks! Good for him. He deserves regular work. He's great.

And yeah, it was definitely weird to see Anthony Edwards used so little. Why did he even show up for this? He can't need the money.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 4

The Regan family is known for its arrogance, but it is usually a bit more subtle.  Not tonight.  Frank tells his daughter  FAMILY comes first and the family business is the NYPD.  Not her profession as an assistant district attorney.  Not her oath as an officer of the court. No, she's from a family of police officers, so she just caves.   Mrs. Buckboard said Frank sounded like a Mafia don.

It's one thing to say the DA was overreaching and that quashing a few minor tickets was no big deal, but Frank should have spoken directly to his equal, the District Attorney, not dumped on his daughter.  But he does blame his daughter, who is just doing the job her boss assigned her to do.  Erin's family mocks her at the family birthday party.  They are always putting her down for doing her job, but this was her birthday, for goodness sake.  

• Love 9

The Regan family is known for its arrogance, but it is usually a bit more subtle. Not tonight. Frank tells his daughter FAMILY comes first and the family business is the NYPD. Not her profession as an assistant district attorney. Not her oath as an officer of the court. No, she's from a family of police officers, so she just caves. Mrs. Buckboard said Frank sounded like a Mafia don.

It's one thing to say the DA was overreaching and that quashing a few minor tickets was no big deal, but Frank should have spoken directly to his equal, the District Attorney, not dumped on his daughter. But he does blame his daughter, who is just doing the job her boss assigned her to do. Erin's family mocks her at the family birthday party. They are always putting her down for doing her job, but this was her birthday, for goodness sake.

I agree that the "family comes first" and "family business" talk was way out of line.

Sure, family comes first, and that is why it is unrealistic that Erin would ever choose to go, or be allowed to go, anywhere near any sort of police corruption case, when her Daddy is police commissioner and her 2 brothers are cops. It is a conflict of interest.

It is bad for all parties involved. Erin cannot be objective as even if she believes justice would not be served by prosecuting the officers, she would feel compelled to do so to eliminate the appearance that the fix was in.

This is something that often annoys me about the show. They create all this fake family conflict that in real life would be easily resolved by Erin recusing herself. If she were the DA instead of one of many ADAs it would be a different story.

• Love 6

I agree he is very good. Alex calming down Erin, giving her good advice and telling her to think before making any calls was great.

I wouldn't mind seeing those two characters gettting together romantically. Erex?

• Love 4

I was so glad to see Alex again! What a great character, and he and Erin have great chemistry. I want it to go somewhere eventually.

The episode itself was bit uneven. I think they should have separate two stories: lighthearted thing about the Mustang and the heavy thing about Acting DA trying to build a name for themselves through targeting NYPD.

I liked Erin and Frank yelling at each other, I admit. They were both right, and it in perfect Reagan fashion were standing their own grounds to the last drop of blood. Garrett vs. Frank was a comedy gold. Poor Baker, though.

I wanted to see more of the DA office vs. cops "pranks". Jamie with the judge was hilarious.

The last scene with the Bullit Mustang was also very nice. But it was obviously from some another episode entirely.

• Love 2

I also liked that they made the distinction between doing it for friends and family (or little old ladies on fixed incomes) as opposed to doing it for bribes, while also pointing out that it would be difficult to tell who was profiting.

They did but I don't think there should be a distinction.  So minor laws/infractions don't have the penalties society imposes on them if you are related to or friends with a cop.  How is that fair?  And, even if not taking a bribe to fix the ticket there could be other rewards-a favor, sex in exchange.  Also, even if it is a relative or friend, it is stealing money as the penalty monies recovered go in the city treasury. 

I am clueless as to how the police see this as a right.

• Love 5

They did but I don't think there should be a distinction. So minor laws/infractions don't have the penalties society imposes on them if you are related to or friends with a cop. How is that fair? And, even if not taking a bribe to fix the ticket there could be other rewards-a favor, sex in exchange. Also, even if it is a relative or friend, it is stealing money as the penalty monies recovered go in the city treasury.

I am clueless as to how the police see this as a right.

I am not saying it is fair or should be allowed to continue. But I think taking bribes to fix tickets is way more serious than fixing a few for friends, family and poor little old ladies, especially when the latter has been unofficially condoned for 100 years.

I did agree with the DA equating it to the "broken windows theory". If cops think they are above the law when it comes to fixing a few tickets, it could potentially create an environment that fosters much more serious transgressions.

• Love 4

I was surprised that Erin was supposed to be turning 40.  I would have pegged her as 45, considering her college, law school, marriage, childbirth timeline.  45 is closer to Moynahan's real age, also.

The last couple of episodes have been really heavy-handed, with none of the family being very likable.  Did like the men drooling over the Mustang.  Also liked McBride's relationship with Erin.  The surprise birthday, that Erin figured out at the last minute, was a nice touch, also.

• Love 2

I remember reading, when this show started, that Tom Selleck said NYC was one of the characters, and how important it was to the show's integrity to film there. So now I have to wonder how the real NYPD and city officials feel about the portrayal of constant battles between the PD and DA's office. And the prior ep about the animosity between the FDNY and NYPD. Kind of makes the city look bad, I think.

I honestly think they don't care that much as they've had a lot worse said about them by people they care a lot more about. The benefit to the local industry of a highly rated network series filiming there is worth far more to them than any minor PR headache. And the show depicts the city as safe and the center of the world too which is also a lot more important.

I thought the end scene was cute, but kept waiting for a Magnum, P.I. inside-joke comment from Frank about how Ferrari's are better.

That would require a level of basic competence that the writing has yet to achieve this season. Leaving aside the issue of if Tom Selleck was willing to do it.

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 4
Why was the interim DA never named?  Just seemed weird the way the person was not being mentioned by name.  

Wasn't there a guy who was "dating' Erin that was the acting DA? Or did he move on? I also thought it odd that we didn't see this person.

Funny how 'family comes first' did not apply to the young Detective Frank 'convinced' to wear a wire to get his father's murder confession back in season 5. And that birthday dinner was nothing but a master class in passive-aggressive bs for the next generation of Reagans. Had I been Erin I would have made good use of that cake.

(I'm not a laywer but even I know that you were always allowed to sing 'Happy Birthday' in private.)

• Love 9

Funny how 'family comes first' did not apply to the young Detective Frank 'convinced' to wear a wire to get his father's murder confession back in season 5. And that birthday dinner was nothing but a master class in passive-aggressive bs for the next generation of Reagans. Had I been Erin I would have made good use of that cake.

(I'm not a laywer but even I know that you were always allowed to sing 'Happy Birthday' in private.)

Well, technically, since the birthday celebration was being aired on national TV they would have had to pay royalties. :)

The story of Frank squashing charges for Erin and her friends as a teenager was a better illustration, though.

• Love 1

Seriously, Erin should have thrown the cake on the ground. Way to make her 40th birthday memorable, Frank.

The only part of the ticket fixing storyline that I liked was that Frank told off the police union rep and stopped the blue flu. I can even understand why accepting free meals from local establishments would seem like no big deal. Everything else made Frank and the male Reagans look petty and bullyish. It showed that the cops thought that they were entitled to extra-legal perks.  There are thousands, if not millions, of people on fixed incomes that get tickets. Are those individuals only sympathetic or deserving if related to or friends with the police?  Also, Erin and her friend getting off for the open carry in the car doesn't make what the police are doing ok. It just means that special privileges for families and friends of police have been going on for generations. Way to create and justify a tiered system. Cities and towns make a lot of money off these traffic and parking violations and use the money for various city programs. That means that others are targeted more for traffic violations if there is a special class that gets written off when they violate minor laws. Sorry for the rant, I'm just really annoyed that Erin caved at the end.   

• Love 5

I'm so sick of them always making Erin the bad guy. Like her job is this dirty mark on the family. It's ok if they go to her to bend or twist that but once she stands up she's going against the family. I should be used to it after all these seasons but it still makes me see an unhealthy red.

Add me to the list that love the chemistry between her and Alex.

• Love 6

I agree he is very good. Alex calming down Erin, giving her good advice and telling her to think before making any calls was great.

I wouldn't mind seeing those two characters gettting together romantically. Erex?

Yes Yes Yes!!!! WHY hasn't that happened?!!?

I was so glad to see Alex again! What a great character, and he and Erin have great chemistry. I want it to go somewhere eventually.

------

I liked Erin and Frank yelling at each other, I admit. They were both right, and it in perfect Reagan fashion were standing their own grounds to the last drop of blood. Garrett vs. Frank was a comedy gold. Poor Baker, though.

What was up with Baker this ep? Did she seem weird to anyone else? I loved that she was included in the "advisor" discussion with Garrett and Sid ("I'm gonna punch him in the nose!" Don't ever change, Sid). But then she lingered and seemed like she was censoring herself... then later on, same thing. I don't know, she just seemed off. (To be clear, I LOVE BAKER. I just kept expecting it to circle back that she was mad because she just got her great aunt millie out of a ticket or something).

"The Regan family is known for its arrogance, but it is usually a bit more subtle."

Surely you jest:) While I agree, this episode was particularly egregious, subtle it's never been.

"This is something that often annoys me about the show. They create all this fake family conflict that in real life would be easily resolved by Erin recusing herself."

Exactly! But, this time they missed an opportunity to create some real drama. The DA was clearly trying to leverage Erin for some political agenda, which would have been interesting they had actually shown the DA, the beef with Frank and how Erin was caught in the middle. This way, it was just contrived and stupid.

And yes, this "family first and always" does make Frank seem like a Mafia don, not to mention a hypocrite, as someone pointed out upthread re guilting the young cop to wear a wire to catch his father. Again, it could be interesting if had Frank been written as a complex, flawed and coonflicted individual... Yes, I know. I made a funny.

"I was surprised that Erin was supposed to be turning 40. I would have pegged her as 45, considering her college, law school, marriage, childbirth timeline"

Her being 40 raises so many questions: She would have had to have gotten married and pregnant while still an undergraduate. Or pregnant, then married (now, that would have been interesting:). Law school with an infant? Who was taking care of Nicki? Her mother (was she still alive)? Mother-in-law? Henry? None of it's out of the realm of possibility. But, if that's how it happened, why has it never been mentioned?

Frankly, I think the whole thing was just an excuse to introduce the recent developments in the "Happy Birthday" copyright case (I hadn't realized that Time Warner was still trying to retain the rights until Henry mentioned it.), and the writers didn't bother to think about the ramifications.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 3

They could have made the same birthday song point without attaching an age to it. Now all they did was make everyone wonder how the hell she's only 40, plus it made me look up Monayhan's real age since I'm going to be 39 in a month and I was all there's no way in hell she's only a year older than me. 

• Love 1

Henry continues to be the worst. Can't they kill him off for a special sweeps episode?

Alex is too good for the Reagans to be saddled with dating Erin, even if she usually is the best of the lot.

Also, someone please remind me when LInda last had a plot. It took me ages to even remember her name. 

• Love 1

She would have had to have gotten married and pregnant while still an undergraduate. Or pregnant, then married (now, that would have been interesting:). Law school with an infant? Who was taking care of Nicki? Her mother (was she still alive)?

At the start of the series, I think it was mentioned the mom died 5 years before which would put Nicky 8-9 at the time.  So it does work but yeah,  at the first mention of her being 40 I said "well she had her kid pretty young with Jack.  I wonder how Papa Reagan felt about that." 

Also, someone please remind me when LInda last had a plot.

Friday's episode seems to be very Danny and Linda centric. http://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=43823

Edited by mtlchick

Anyone else catch the shout out to The Maltese Falcon?  The names of Anthony Edwards' and Ivan Martin's characters (Cairo and Gutman, respectively) mirror those of Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet.  Does that make the Bullitt Mustang the stuff dreams are made of?

So it does work but yeah,  at the first mention of her being 40 I said "well she had her kid pretty young with Jack.  I wonder how Papa Reagan felt about that."

I don't think 22-years-old is particularly young for having a kid? I'm assuming Nicky is 18 now? Definitely not a scandalous teen mom.

"I don't think 22-years-old is particularly young for having a kid? I'm assuming Nicky is 18 now? Definitely not a scandalous teen mom."

Certainly not scandalous, and not at all out of the realm of possibility. But assuming law school was her goal, why Erin would have planned to get pregnant while still an undergraduate. I actually kind of like the idea of an unplanned pregnancy and shotgun wedding.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 1

"I don't think 22-years-old is particularly young for having a kid? I'm assuming Nicky is 18 now? Definitely not a scandalous teen mom."

Certainly not scandalous, and not at all out of the realm of possibility. But assuming law school was her goal, why Erin would have planned to get pregnant while still an undergraduate. I actually kind of like the idea of an unplanned pregnancy and shotgun wedding.

Do we know if Erin went to law school straight out of college? Maybe she took a few years off to care for Nicky. That could explain why she hasn't seemed to have moved too far up in the DAs office at 40.

Do we know if Erin went to law school straight out of college? Maybe she took a few years off to care for Nicky. That could explain why she hasn't seemed to have moved too far up in the DAs office at 40.

Not to mention Erin's ex, I could see him going to law school first, while Erin was raising Nicky. After he passed the bar and then got a regular job for a bit and Nicky started school, she could have started law school then. Not unheard of and very common for some parents. Then once they both were working, Nicky was older, the problems started and then the divorce. 

After he passed the bar and then got a regular job for a bit and Nicky started school, she could have started law school then.

Erin told Linda she brought a nanny cam to court when she went back to work after having Nicky, so she was already practicing when Nicky was still young enough for that.

Dr. Green looked pretty good for a guy who died of a brain tumor ;-)

And it also rubbed me very much the wrong way when Frank got all patriarchal about the "family business." No, all the Reagans are public servants who work for the taxpayer, it's not "their" business.

Geez!

And all the bashing Erin (and Nikki, and Linda, and sometimes Eddie) makes me wonder what it's like in the writers' room of this show: can you imagine being a woman writer and wanting to have Erin be RIGHT in an argument with one of her brothers or her father? Or Nikki's crunchy granola hippie ways actually changing things around her for the better?

The Erin & the Investigator show, with lots of special guest appearances by Det. Baker would be one I'd like a heckuva lot more.

• Love 2

The good: Sami's hair looks great and I want her glasses.

The bad: most of it, but especially this part: Hey show? I know you're not a big fan of continuity, but in season 1 Linda said they were married for 15 years (it was the episode with the shooting at the nightclub where the owner hit on Danny.)  Tonight she said 17. I may not be able to pay attention to a lot of things, but I did to this.  That cannot be good.

I'm not sure what to think about Frank.  I'm guessing the viewer is supposed to think "Awww, he's getting booed for trying to do good!"  The cynic in me (and maybe other people here) are thinking "It's about time he got taken down a peg.  You're not Sally Field, not everybody likes you."

The serial killer cannot be dead.  To see him that briefly in the episode (and did we even see his face in the car?) leads me to believe he used a decoy to blow up the boat.  This part only felt like filler.

Jamie and Janko put me to sleep.

• Love 2

Another steaming turd to add to the pile that is this season. It's slightly better than last week I guess, but that's not saying much. I don't expect much from the writing. I've always watched because it's well crafted, has a great cast, and sometimes it's nice to turn off your brain for an hour and watch something uplifting. But now we don't even have that. The serial killer mastermind seems like he wandered in from another show. Danny has always been a jerk, but now he's a complete asshole and the show seems to know and not care. Police critics used to be occasionally misguided and able to be persuaded of the error of their ways. Now they are always hypocritical zealots and it's an every week thing. And even when they have a potentially interesting and different plot like Jamie and the sergeant they seem to botch it as often as not. What started out as an interesting conflict ended up as bad melodrama and they missed the obvious chance to tie it in to Danny's issues with authority and taking unnecessary risks. The only bright spots for me were seeing Kathryn Erbe and Nikki's hair.

• Love 7

Linda's issues seem to be intermittent, she's kind of annoying with it. She knew who and what family she was marrying into and Danny in counseling seems unlike him. 

Frank never listens, he always has to do it his way. I was glad he was booed off.

• Love 1

I know you're not a big fan of continuity, but in season 1 Linda said they were married for 15 years (it was the episode with the shooting at the nightclub where the owner hit on Danny.)  Tonight she said 17. I may not be able to pay attention to a lot of things, but I did to this.

Don't forget, the target audience is elderly. You think they're remembering all this shit? I don't.

I don't really understand what Linda wants from Danny. But I guess she doesn't either. She's been changed by a trauma. For once, I feel for Danny. What's he to do? That said, I have no idea how you walk into an apartment, clear the first room (living room), then walk backwards down the hall to the rest of the apartment. WTF?

Not an Eddie hater, and think she's a fairly consistent character. Nice to see the silly debate between her and Jamie. I wonder why she's treated more as an equal partner while Baez is just the one who covers the rear. 

Glad Frank got booed. I thought he might stay until the students got tired, but I guess he's a busy man. I wonder if he'd be the kind of person who would keep coming back until he was listened to?

Is there ever a show where someone isn't drinking? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I liked Nikki's hair before and like it now and was thinking that she could have gone from either 'do to the other; the thing is, in combination with the glasses, you see her differently now (college student). 

Utterly shocked, shocked I tell you, by the exploding boat. I'll bet no one else saw that coming either. Imagine my surprise that they've got few remains. What an unexpected twist! Man, this scene had me reaching for my oxygen mask. Maybe I should take my nitroglycerin pill before I watch this show next time.

• Love 2

Linda's issues seem to be intermittent, she's kind of annoying with it. She knew who and what family she was marrying into and Danny in counseling seems unlike him. 

Frank never listens, he always has to do it his way. I was glad he was booed off.

I agree with you on Frank and Linda. And I like that Jamie speaks his mind.

Don't forget, the target audience is elderly. You think they're remembering all this shit? I don't.

I don't really understand what Linda wants from Danny. But I guess she doesn't either. She's been changed by a trauma. For once, I feel for Danny. What's he to do? That said, I have no idea how you walk into an apartment, clear the first room (living room), then walk backwards down the hall to the rest of the apartment. WTF?

Not an Eddie hater, and think she's a fairly consistent character. Nice to see the silly debate between her and Jamie. I wonder why she's treated more as an equal partner while Baez is just the one who covers the rear. 

Glad Frank got booed. I thought he might stay until the students got tired, but I guess he's a busy man. I wonder if he'd be the kind of person who would keep coming back until he was listened to?

Is there ever a show where someone isn't drinking? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I liked Nikki's hair before and like it now and was thinking that she could have gone from either 'do to the other; the thing is, in combination with the glasses, you see her differently now (college student). 

Utterly shocked, shocked I tell you, by the exploding boat. I'll bet no one else saw that coming either. Imagine my surprise that they've got few remains. What an unexpected twist! Man, this scene had me reaching for my oxygen mask. Maybe I should take my nitroglycerin pill before I watch this show next time.

Why Beaz is treated unequal comes down to the kind of person Jamie is and the kind of person Danny is..

• Love 4

"Police critics used to be occasionally misguided and able to be persuaded of the error of their ways. Now they are always hypocritical zealots and it's an every week thing."

I have always found the police critics portrayed as hypocritical zealots, or complete idiots, and it's one of the things that have driven me crazy from the get go.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 3

What was the weird bit at the beginning when TS started laughing in the scene with the meeting with his staff? I thought I was watching a blooper reel or something. That made no sense to me.

If I had to be around whiny Danny for two seconds I would scoot in a flash.

I live in NYC, and given all the tension between cops and certain communities, it drives me nuts that they chose to make someone like Danny a lead character. He is pretty much everything no one wants as a cop in this city. Hot headed, violent, incapable of being subtle. Wish they had a decent person as lead cop even as Jamie's is decent enough.

Frank is a sanctimonious tiresome prick which would not last a year in the gig.

Edited by roomtorome
  • Love 7

A homicide case is reassigned to Erin after it results in a hung jury, and she and an ADA investigator try to track down a missing witness. Elsewhere, Jamie and Eddie pose as senior citizens in order rid a neighborhood of a troublemaking gang.

Eddie continues to be the worst. So self-centered and annoying. Oh, and forced banter is forced.

Poor Jamie, you have a Reagan temper in you after all! And you used it to fight about the proper procedure and the protocol. You're going to be the new PC one day! I only hope you will be a detective before that.

I liked how nothing was resolved, though. Danny was feeling helpless, Linda was feeling scared, Nikkie was feeling anxious. I don't know how Frank felt but I think not very good as well.

Nice episode.

• Love 2

The weird bit at the beginning did make sense.  They were all laughing about the Safety meeting and made jokes about it.  Finally at the end Frank said to "push the meeting back an hour "just to be safe".  It was funny in a way, but unless you were really following the conversation you might have missed it.  And of course it really loses in the telling.  

What was the weird bit at the beginning when TS started laughing in the scene with the meeting with his staff? I thought I was watching a blooper reel or something. That made no sense to me.

If I had to be around whiny Danny for two seconds I would scoot in a flash.

I live in NYC, and given all the tension between cops and certain communities, it drives me nuts that they chose to make someone like Danny a lead character. He is pretty much everything no one wants as a cop in this city. Hot headed, violent, incapable of being subtle. Wish they had a decent person as lead cop even as Jamie's is decent enough.

Frank is a sanctimonious tiresome prick which would not last a year in the gig.

If the powers that be want Eddie to continue to be Jamie's partner that's fine, but he needs a love interest with whom he has some chemistry!  Eddie is just not his type.  He needs someone with brains and class.  He also needs someone who shares his value system.  

• Love 4

Danny's situation was weird, but somewhat realistic. He obviously saw plenty of dudes with PTSD from the war, so he knows it is for real, and he tells Linda that he'll do anything for her - but then he just bitches as soon as she, you know, asks him to do something for her. Again, a realistic position for a guy like Danny to have, but it's still frustrating to see him be THAT big of a douche.

• Love 3