Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I had really hoped that David Ramsay had finally had enough of the turgid writing for the major and asked for the character to be written out. He's got a pretty good gig over at Arrow where he is occasionally allowed to call out the lead character on his bs and is also given some pretty good material to show his acting skills. Alas it was not to be and so we will have to endure more episodes showing St. Francis the poor sod the light. Seriously - the last scene was barf inducing. NY would turn into Gotham or worse because nobody in the whole damn city is able to get it right unless their second name is Reagan of course.

• Love 4

I was amazed that Frank could publicly call out his boss for a crime and, not only is he not required to apologize, his boss actually apologizes publicly to him. The writers must drink.  Heavily.

My favorite part was his secret meeting with Erin when she actually rolled her eyes at him and called him out on his BS.  Unfortunately, she backed down later by apologizing for Nickie (for daring to have an opinion, as best as I could tell) and giving him a heads up about the mayor being innocent of his charge.

Maybe this show should end like Seinfeld - Danny is charged with violating someone's civil rights and the prosecutors just have a lieu of past suspects, witnesses, and innocent bystanders lined up to testify against him.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I had really hoped that David Ramsay had finally had enough of the turgid writing for the major and asked for the character to be written out. He's got a pretty good gig over at Arrow where he is occasionally allowed to call out the lead character on his bs and is also given some pretty good material to show his acting skills.

He and many other CW actors are recurring characters on CBS shows because it's the same network, and I doubt those people would mind extra cash CBS throws their way. I'm surprised Paul Blackthorne (Det. Lance from Arrow) isn't doing anything on CBS or MTV right now.

(edited)
On 5/9/2016 at 0:09 PM, MissLucas said:

I had really hoped that David Ramsay had finally had enough of the turgid writing for the major and asked for the character to be written out. He's got a pretty good gig over at Arrow where he is occasionally allowed to call out the lead character on his bs and is also given some pretty good material to show his acting skills. Alas it was not to be and so we will have to endure more episodes showing St. Francis the poor sod the light.

It's OK. I have a feeling that next season the charismatic black mayor will leave office for some reason, and be replaced by a less charismatic older female mayor who is never properly supportive of the police, but is still attacked by anti-police protestors for old comments because they are never satisfied, and is constantly being shown up by Frank.

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 2

It's OK. I have a feeling that next season the charismatic black mayor will leave office for some reason, and be replaced by a less charismatic older female mayor who is never properly supportive of the police and constantly being shown up by Frank.

Once she sees the light, I think Frank and she will end up secretly dating.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The scariest thing in the world is being a cop and showing up at a crime scene with Jamie and Eddie. Whoever the third cop is is going to have some trouble

Actually the scariest thing in the world is being an ordinary citizen and seeing Danny show up or stop his car nearby. After all if you are a cop you just might be shown up, and it's usually only your career that's dead, but if Danny's there it usually means there's either a brutal crime about to happen or the bullets/fists are about to start flying.

• Love 2

I loathed this episode.  I've never liked Erin but this was too much, even for her. It's ok to lock up an innocent person because she didn't feel like they were in danger.  Hello! She was terrorizing a person who did nothing wrong.  And the witness will still likely end up dead.  I cheered when Anthony handed her that letter, only to have him cave.  I wish he would have stuck with his instincts and walked.

They really need a few more detectives on the force because Danny is a disaster. In real life he would have been fired long ago.

Pet Peeve: Sunday dinner.  Why do they have these dinners when all they talk about is work and when the kids dare to ask a question they are told to shut up?

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thought the conclusion of the serial killer plot line was a total let down?  I don't understand why the guy would go to all the trouble to kidnap Nicky, take her to some apartment, then not kill her.  Plus, then he leaves the apartment to take her to the middle of nowhere (at least by NYC standards), still doesn't kill her, and just stands there waiting for Danny to find him so he can taunt him into killing him as an unarmed man.  Makes absolutely no sense and IMO totally blew what to that point was a pretty good storyline.

Also, as someone else pointed out, what was Danny thinking taunting this guy?  When Danny got that call from the serial killer threatening his family and Danny said "he's going after my family", Danny said it like he'd completely expected the guy to do that, but then races to his house like he didn't expect it because of course his family has no protection.  Another thing that made absolutely no sense to me.

Edited by patches403
  • Love 2
On 4/30/2016 at 6:58 PM, CaptainCranky said:

My God what a horseshit episode. Erin was a stone cold bitch who got lucky, Danny is a dirtbag who'll do anything to win and Frank is a know it all asshole.

Did I miss anyone.

You summed up the episode perfectly.  I did get a bit of a kick out of the party plot-line, mostly because I just really like Gormley and Garrett, but otherwise a crappy episode.

Another thing that drove me nuts is that there was no blowback on Danny from the previous episode where he shot an unarmed suspect with no witnesses.  Yes the guy was a serial killer who had a kidnap victim in his trunk, but still why not have at least an investigation so Danny occasionally has to face some consequences for behavior that would get any other cop fired in a heartbeat.  It's so far against the rules for a cop to publicly taunt suspects in the media and investigate crimes involving their immediate family.  It's also a real issue when that cop then shoots said suspect who is unarmed with no witnesses present.  Apparently no one cares about any of that in the world of Blue Bloods.

Edited by patches403
On 5/6/2016 at 11:03 PM, Artsda said:

You would think that Nikki after being abducted by a serial killer would be a little less angry on force by the PD. She is showing no signs of trauma or PTSD from that, she just bounced back like nothing.

No kidding.  Nicki having PTSD could have made a for a good storyline, but the Reagans seem to all be too perfect to have problems, at least not for more than an episode or two.

On 5/7/2016 at 4:44 AM, Lee4U said:

I hate that Frank is supposedly this all knowing sage of morality that he could convinced the mayor to not step down and also to wind up making such an apology - I so want this show to knock him down a few pegs - not incinerate his character or anything but make him behave like an actual human  - our PC here has made his share of gaffes, he's not perfect (not by a long shot) but this placing Frank on such a pedestal is just stupid and insulting to the intelligence of viewers - (in my opinion, anyway) - 

Yep, this is getting old.  I love Tom Selleck but I wish Frank could not always be so perfect once in awhile.

On 5/7/2016 at 10:48 AM, Crs97 said:

I saw an interview with Wahlberg, and he said he really likes how Danny has reflected and grown this season; I am assuming there must be a lot of scenes on the cutting room floor.  He also enjoys when they can take an issue and show all sides of it.  I thought, "You mean Frank's side and the wrong side?"  Because I have never seen a show less nuanced than this one in dealing with complex stories.

Yep, that sums it up.  Every issue on this show can be summed up by Frank's side and the wrong side.

On 5/7/2016 at 11:57 AM, wknt3 said:

Sometimes I wonder about what goes on behind the scenes at this show. It occasionally seems like the first draft of the script shows a noble, but flawed hero and then Tom Selleck takes out his red pen and starts crossing out where it's made explicit. I mean there are plenty of star turns, Mary Sues, and wish fulfillment fantasies of various sorts out there, but it's just basic storytelling competence to give your protagonist some weaknesses. And I can't believe a successful network series can't find writers with a grasp of Screenwriting 101.

People like a flawed hero.  A perfect know-it-all that never makes mistakes and whose you-know-what doesn't stink is getting really old, really quickly.  To the point where I'm seriously considering quitting the show, in spite of my like for Tom Selleck.

On 5/10/2016 at 4:33 PM, CaptainCranky said:

This show IMHO keeps getting worse. I'll still watch but it's not must see TV any longer. I DVR'ed it Friday and didn't watch it till this evening.

Yep, keeps getting worse.  Or maybe it's just that Frank, Erin, and Danny just keep getting more and more self-righteous and morally superior with every episode.  It gets really old every episode watching all the other characters get knocked down and put in their place by the Reagan superiority.  Yes, often times those characters did wrong, but do these characters (and the audience) really have to be reminded at every turn that the Reagans are too perfect to make mistakes?

The only positives to this season are that Jamie seems to be slipping slowly off the Reagan high horse, and that Nikki had some of her "I'm perfect and better than everyone else" attitude knocked down.

Edited by patches403
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, patches403 said:

Another thing that drove me nuts is that there was no blowback on Danny from the previous episode where he shot an unarmed suspect with no witnesses.  Yes the guy was a serial killer who had a kidnap victim in his trunk, but still why not have at least an investigation so Danny occasionally has to face some consequences for behavior that would get any other cop fired in a heartbeat.  It's so far against the rules for a cop to publicly taunt suspects in the media and investigate crimes involving their immediate family.  It's also a real issue when that cop then shoots said suspect who is unarmed with no witnesses present.  Apparently no one cares about any of that in the world of Blue Bloods.

TRDCIYAR -- The Rules Don't Count If You're A Reagan!

• Love 1

The season premiere will deal with that...FINALLY!  (side note: this show must love the Sopranos with the amount of guest stars they get.)

BLUE BLOODS

10:00-11:00 PM

Premieres Friday, Sept. 23

LAST SEASON: When serial killer Thomas Wilder attached a personal message to his latest victim taunting Danny, their deadly game of cat and mouse became personal when Wilder decided to take a strike directly at Danny by abducting Nicky. Danny ultimately found Wilder and killed him in self-defense.

COMING UP: Danny’s world is turned upside down when Michael Lewis (guest star Michael Imperioli) from the Attorney General’s office obtains new evidence against Danny in the self-defense shooting case of Thomas Wilder. Also, Jamie and Eddie respond to a car crash involving a drunk driver who is a public figure, and Frank is asked by Grace Edwards (guest star Lori Loughlin), the wife of a slain police officer, to keep her only son out of the police force. @BlueBloods_CBS