Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

You know who I'd like to see with Jamie? Danny's partner!

Did I mis where Nikki is going to college? I don't remember them saying. I'm also surprised they never even mentioned the family going to graduation or anything. 

I'm getting sick of Danny's cowboy justice and I wish they'd stop putting most of the focus of the show on him.  Every episode he's the only one solving problems, like there's no other detective in the entire city of NY.  Why can't they do story lines with every other character?  I'd like to see more of Erin and her daughter, I really like Linda and would love to see more of her.  But no, it's always all Danny, all the time.  Plus, he's not looking very good, imho.  Not that he was ever great looking, but he's not aging well at all.  

• Love 3

Missed the last two episodes...have they really not dropped the whole Jamie and his partner thing? It would not be a good idea to put them together. They have had at least two promising guest starts on previous episodes that compliment him so much better. 

Sounds like this season is even more Danny centric than usual...if that is even possible.  I thought Eriin's daughter went off to college? 

Danny Regan is NOT a good cop. He should be under investigation and possibly suspended for his latest actions. Any further murders by the serial killer are the results of DR's stupidity. What a putz.

• Love 6

I just started watching this show & like it despite them all being sooooo self-righteous (except, maybe, Jamie)

How many police officers are in the NYPD? There's a serial killer taking out young women on a regular basis & the only 2 officers assigned the case are Danny & Baez? Seriously?!! And the perp is still running around because Danny had to be large & in charge - they should have done a cross over with Criminal Minds & let Morgan in there to kick some butt!! 

• Love 3

Sounds like this season is even more Danny centric than usual...if that is even possible.

Not really (I'll put this in spoiler tags just in case) 

Not sure which episode it is but from what I know Danny will only appear in the dinner scene and that's it. Donnie now lives in Chicago so there is speculation that his screen time will be less this season. He only shoots 2-3 a week these days.

Missed the last two episodes...have they really not dropped the whole Jamie and his partner thing?

I think Vanessa Ray is now a regular on the show.

I think Danny's gone off the rails.  I get he wanted to save the girl, but in his arrogance by not waiting for back up, he allowed a serial killer to escape and most likely kill  again.  I'm  sure we will be seeing this pop up from time to time.  And even with the tape on her mouth, you could see Ashley was trying to tell Danny the guy was behind him.  Some detective.

The show missed it's opportunity with Linda and Danny.

Wouldn't you get on the other side of the victim so you could see what's going on outside the room? This is as dumb as calling people out on the street when you're 30 feet away and your partner's standing behind you. For once, I'd like to see Danny lose a tooth after all the punches he's taken. Didn't this fight look much like the fight from the previous episode? Two people beating on each other that badly....how could a fight last that long? Guys getting hit with boxing gloves can't take that much punishment. 

I don't think the show missed an opportunity with Linda and Danny. I think this was just a preview of marital discord to come.

I hate how much Danny's partner's role is minimized. But I guess as long as we keep watching this show, we're reinforcing to the writers that Danny is a great character.

• Love 2

I don't think the show missed an opportunity with Linda and Danny. I think this was just a preview of marital discord to come.

Oh, I don't think there will be happily ever after this season.  Just feel that Linda and Danny are best when together and even if they were fighting, it would have been better than the nothing we got.

When newspaper reporter, Lorenzo Colt is targeted while wearing NYPD gear on a ride-along with Jamie and Eddie, Frank puts Danny and Baez on the hunt for the shooter who may be out for other members on the force. Garrett contemplates taking another job.

So let me get this straight. They found the bad guy because he happened to be the only real estate agent in New York who has been arrested for assault. Riiiiight. Then Danny decides to break into the dude’s house without a warrant, which I guess he needed to do because no sane judge would issue a warrant on such flimsy evidence. “Your Honor we need a warrant to search the suspect’s house because the two victims were going to move and the suspect is a real estate agent arrested for assault.” In the last scene I was waiting for Erin or the commish to yell at Danny because all the evidence that was in the house is going to be inadmissible because he broke into the house without a warrant, but nope. Apparently this show exists in a strange parallel universe where civil rights don’t exist.

• Love 7

Even though I am not a fan of cross-overs, CBS missed the chance to call in the Criminal Minds BAU,

That would be great.

"Oh yeah! The real estate thing. Our technical analyst already found that link, plus he was at the same Starbucks as 2 of the victims. We already arrested the UnSub."

"Wait I'm the only one allowed to make arrests in major cases!"

"We've been spending the rest of the time on another profile. A NYPD detective who's family has been in the upper ranks of administration for generations, but demonstrates no political savvy or social skills whatsoever. Extreme narcissistic tendencies. Anger and impulse control issues. Makes sure to not share information with others even when it's in the best interests of the case in order to maintain his sense of superiority."

"Come on now, just hold on one minute -"

"Closes a lot of cases, but the slightest digging shows violations of civil rights, evidence collection procedures not followed and coerced confessions covered up because of his family connections. Many of those cases could be false arrests to protect the real killer."

"And any time his family members get into a romantic relationship their partner tends to die or mysteriously disappear."

"I don't have to take this crap!"

"We found the freezer full of bodies Detective Reagan..."

• Love 4
Erin’s attempt to convict a slippery mob boss for an old murder is muddled when her former informant, Vincent (Dan Hedaya), leaves witness protection to provide his old boss with an alibi. Also, Frank finds himself in a departmental war with Commissioner of the New York City Fire Department, Stan Rourke.

Even though I am not a fan of cross-overs, CBS missed the chance to call in the Criminal Minds BAU,

That would be great.

"Oh yeah! The real estate thing. Our technical analyst already found that link, plus he was at the same Starbucks as 2 of the victims. We already arrested the UnSub."

"Wait I'm the only one allowed to make arrests in major cases!"

"We've been spending the rest of the time on another profile. A NYPD detective who's family has been in the upper ranks of administration for generations, but demonstrates no political savvy or social skills whatsoever. Extreme narcissistic tendencies. Anger and impulse control issues. Makes sure to not share information with others even when it's in the best interests of the case in order to maintain his sense of superiority."

"Come on now, just hold on one minute -"

"Closes a lot of cases, but the slightest digging shows violations of civil rights, evidence collection procedures not followed and coerced confessions covered up because of his family connections. Many of those cases could be false arrests to protect the real killer."

"And any time his family members get into a romantic relationship their partner tends to die or mysteriously disappear."

"I don't have to take this crap!"

"We found the freezer full of bodies Detective Reagan..."

I want to see that show.  I need to see that show!  I am so sick and tired of the anti-civil rights / "we own the police department" attitude of the Reagan family.  I sometimes wonder how much of this reflects the political leanings of Tom Selleck.

• Love 2

Did I mis where Nikki is going to college? I don't remember them saying. I'm also surprised they never even mentioned the family going to graduation or anything. 

I predict that she will go to Hudson University, in other words, there will be an episode where she'll be in danger/attacked/etc. and SuperDanny will have to save her.

• Love 2

wknt3, that would be an awesome show!

I want to see that show.  I need to see that show!  I am so sick and tired of the anti-civil rights / "we own the police department" attitude of the Reagan family.  I sometimes wonder how much of this reflects the political leanings of Tom Selleck.

I have often wondered the same thing, j5cochran.  When the show makes a habit of ensuring that the only characters discussing civil rights are corrupt, that cannot be a coincidence.  When Erin even mentions that beating up the criminal to get the confession might make her job a little harder, she is treated as a "traitor" to the family and we are supposed to be annoyed with her nagging.  The writers consistently misstate a program conceived as "liberal" (the woman meeting with her family's shooter - they completely misrepresented that program so that of course the public would think it was a bad idea).  The final straw for me was the season premiere when Erin explained she could get an emergency warrant and asked how he would feel if the police break into an apartment and kill an innocent Muslim family and Frank's response was that he could live with it.  This show should really be on Fox.

• Love 6

Where did all the animosity between Frank and Garrett come from?  I don't recall them seeming to actively dislike and resent each other.  Weird but I am sure it wont be mentioned ever again.

Someone plans a trap and shoots, who they thought was, a cop in Jamie's unit out on a call with Jamie, and not one member of the family even seems slightly concerned that Jamie could have been targeted just as easily.  There is never a real sense of urgency on this show, no matter the supposed danger.

The kids need to shut up and stop being catalysts for fights at the dinner table.  Stop asking supposedly innocent questions to start trouble.  And, even when someone is noticeably annoyed, they just keep on talking.  So annoying.

Why is Danny investigating a shooting in Jamie's precinct?  Don't Danny and Jamie work out of different precincts?  Wouldn't detectives in Jamie's precinct investigate the shooting?  Oh, right,  Danny investigates every important case in the entire city.  I forgot that tenet of Blue Bloods.

Dull episode.  Didn't care about Frank v. Garrett and didn't think for a second that Garrett was going to take the job offer.  I also didn't like the reporter storyline.  I thought he set up his own shooting and that would have at least been interesting and made the reporter's lack of cooperation make sense.  This was a boring investigation of a boring crime and an unlikeable, uninteresting victim.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 9

Where did all the animosity between Frank and Garrett come from?  I don't recall them seeming to actively dislike and resent each other.  Weird but I am sure it wont be mentioned ever again.

There was no animosity, obviously, since Garrett just took everything Frank did this episode completely the wrong way. Probably because he felt responsible for the thing with reporter, and it was clear case of lashing out on Frank as the most stable one at the moment,

Someone plans a trap and shoots, who they thought was, a cop in Jamie's unit out on a call with Jamie, and not one member of the family even seems slightly concerned that Jamie could have been targeted just as easily.  There is never a real sense of urgency on this show, no matter the supposed danger.

Which specifically was addressed by Danny who said "You got lucky. Could have been you". And since Jamie and Eddie weren't shot and weren't even close to the scene at the time, not sure how it could be worked into the story.

The kids need to shut up and stop being catalysts for fights at the dinner table.  Stop asking supposedly innocent questions to start trouble.  And, even when someone is noticeably annoyed, they just keep on talking.  So annoying.

They could acting up because their mother has a depression and was shot and close to death recently. Which explains their behavior perfectly in this episode, IMO. Danny was acting exactly the same way about it.

Which specifically was addressed by Danny who said "You got lucky. Could have been you". And since Jamie and Eddie weren't shot and weren't even close to the scene at the time, not sure how it could be worked into the story.

A one line throw away was not what a supposedly loving family member does when one of their own could have gotten killed.  If not for Garret's ride along, Jamie or Eddie would have been shot.  I know they are supposed to be tough, but I think was too much in the we don't care vein.

Was going to address what Erin said but didn't want to go too long.  Erin was talking in general that they both, as cops, could get shot, not the specific that Jamie was in danger.  Her concern had more to do with worrying about Linda and Linda's fears, then Jamie or Danny. 

A call was placed to lure cops to a location to shoot them.  Jamie and his partner were the responding officers.  Someone got shot.  Certainly could have been Jamie or Eddie.  The perpetrator didn't know a ride along was there when he began his plan and that the reporter wasn't a cop.  Perpetrator wanted to shoot cops and Jamie was the cop responding to this call.  Very well could have been Jamie though the way it played out, he wasn't the target or close to the shots, but could have been and the whole family should have recognized this close call and actually shown concern.  How it could have been worked into the story?  They all should have shown concern for Jamie, love for him as he is usually ignored, and mentioned that it was actually a close call, though he wasn't physically close to the gunfire.  Here they acted like nothing happened and he was not involved, as if he arrived later.  A 30 second scene with the niece and nephews saying they are glad Jamie is OK and they love him with Frank, Grandpa, Danny and Linda looking on in agreement.  Here, they acted like nothing happened.

There was no animosity, obviously, since Garrett just took everything Frank did this episode completely the wrong way. Probably because he felt responsible for the thing with reporter, and it was clear case of lashing out on Frank as the most stable one at the moment,

Specifically what I was referring to was the way Garrett was talking about Frank to the coach showed preexisting animosity and resentment in a way that we have never seen before.  And, on Frank's part, he was setting Garrett up for a job to get rid of him.  We had never been shown anything that Frank wants Garrett out.

Just feel this was an ill-conceived episode that was kind of boring.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 2

I may be in the minority but I loved the episode.  I loved Garrett showing resentment towards Frank because Frank has been a prick to him for years.  It was refreshing to have Frank acknowledge that Garrett is good at his job and that Frank needs him to do his.  I thought the older boy's questions about the situation at the table were realistic given what his mother and his family have gone through and I wanted to tell them all to shut up when I saw the look on Linda's face.  I'm glad they are finally dealing with her being shot because so far it just seems like she was hospitalized for a hang nail.

All through the episode I was rooting for Danny punch the reporter out. I feared that some innocent would be killed because of the reporter refusing to identify the shooter in line up, but it was sweet when I get to see the reporter go splat.  Was the writing heavy handed?  Yep, but in this case, I enjoyed it.

And yeah, they all should have been giving thanks that Jamie wasn't the victim here.

• Love 2
Specifically what I was referring to was the way Garrett was talking about Frank to the coach showed preexisting animosity and resentment in a way that we have never seen before.  And, on Frank's part, he was setting Garrett up for a job to get rid of him.  We had never been shown anything that Frank wants Garrett out.

Garrett was feeling guilty and upset, and Frank was not all over him to make him feel better about it. Garrett understood everything wrong this episode. And no, Frank didn't get him set up for the new job (I disregard Garrett's emotional outbursts over it because they were emotional insecure outbursts). The coach, Frank and Garrett are friends. The coach wanted Garrett to work for him, and he thought it'd be prudent to talk to Frank about it as well.

What a dud of an episode. So many missed opportunities. Why not have Garrett use his contacts and persuasive skills to convince the reporter to cooperate? Maybe after Frank makes it worse somehow? You know - show instead of tell and set up the scene asking him to stay? Or have Danny discover his address, consider charging in and then decide to use his brain instead and set up the sting suggesting he is responsive to his family's concerns and perhaps learned something after getting beat up for the 900th time? At the very least it seems like this show used to handle these kind of plot lines by having Frank make a speech to the selfish outsider convincing them to do whatever the NYPD wants and give us a good Tom Selleck scene. I'm not expecting this show to be anything other than predictable and straightforward, but it is usually competent. And that's without even getting into how offensive the whole big scary black man goes around shooting cops for no reason thing is...

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 2

I would think that in a family of cops, concern is part of their existence, and they live with the knowledge that some of its members are in imminent danger every day. 

This episode reminded me that Linda had been shot at the end of last season. Did I miss an episode that explained where the bullet hit and how she recovered? I felt as though I'd walked into the middle of the season.

I get so sick if Danny giving a Erin shit almost every episode. He is such an ass, he knows if they don't follow the law the could get any case thrown out on a technicality. Really tired of him thinking everyone and everything should bend to fit his wants and needs.

• Love 9

Why is Danny investigating a shooting in Jamie's precinct?  Don't Danny and Jamie work out of different precincts?  Wouldn't detectives in Jamie's precinct investigate the shooting?  Oh, right,  Danny investigates every important case in the entire city.  I forgot that tenet of Blue Bloods.

Dull episode.  Didn't care about Frank v. Garrett and didn't think for a second that Garrett was going to take the job offer.  I also didn't like the reporter storyline.  I thought he set up his own shooting and that would have at least been interesting and made the reporter's lack of cooperation make sense.  This was a boring investigation of a boring crime and an unlikeable, uninteresting victim.

I don't have a problem with Danny working cases all over the borough. For example, on NYPD Sipowitz and company worked out of Manhattan South so it is a given that they worked cases all over Southern Manhattan but I thought that Jamie's precint was also in Manhattan so I am confused. Lefferts Blvd is in Queens and the Nivens Avenue subway station is in Brooklyn. I guess the writers are being free and loss with their NYC geography.

• Love 1

Wouldn't want Jamie infringing on Danny's job of being the only cop (with his partner) protecting the entire city from everything.  Would be cool if Jamie partnered with Danny, thus giving Jamie more to do.

Danny doesn't have "a partner".  He has a side-kick who's job it is to stand around while Danny "does all the work". She's allowed to talk, occasionally, and maybe chase him into crime scenes while holding a gun. But like every other citizen in NYC, she'd better stay out of his way!

The treatment of people coming forward was horrible. Good job Danny and Janko, let's make it harder for people to come forward

After watching too many cop shows where the "good guy" cops are assholes, there's no way I'd ever go near a cop if I didn't have to. It would be terrifying to be anywhere near a "Danny" when I was innocent or only trying to help.

I was hoping that Danny would really get his ass kicked

I'm always hoping for this.  I'm always hoping there's some sort of disciplinary pay back for all the crap he pulls.

• Love 4

If the reporter had somehow orchestrated the whole thing to lure the cops out and get a story rolling, then his behaviour might have been a little more believable. A little.

If not for the kevlar, the suspect would have put two bullets in his chest, and the third one grazed his neck, but sure, withholding information from the police in order to publish his story online first is the sane thing to do. Nevermind the fact that along with his story, he also posted a composite sketch of the suspect, which the detectives could still use somehow.

Forcing the police to release the suspect by failing to id him in the line up in order to get a shot at an interview is the next logical step.

After all, where is the danger in arraging a meeting in a rooftop, with a man with a history of violence, and threaten him to call the detectives if he refuses to give you an interview? Really, what could go wrong?

The suspect's sole contribution to humanity might have been making the gene pool smarter by killing that idiot.

• Love 8

I feel for Linda.  The writers have allowed Danny to become so rogue and violent lately, and I can understand why Linda gets so pissed at Danny.  I think he's at the 54 and Jamie is at the 12, but I have no idea how far apart those precincts are that would allow Danny to investigate this incident.

From the beginning, I thought the reporter staged everything just to get his story.  But he was so freaking arrogant that being thrown off the building was just desserts.  

• Love 3

I thought the plot was going to go a slightly different path; I was sure that the reporter had paid the guy to shoot him.  That would have made for a more intriguing plot.

I thought for sure that was how it was going to go down too.  

• Love 2

I always figured it was the average CBS viewer who wanted to see a show where the cops never do anything wrong, body cams only are turned off when there is a "malfunction," and civil rights are only there to keep the cops from doing their jobs.  I mean, this show doesn't even really try.

I feel for Linda.  The writers have allowed Danny to become so rogue and violent lately, and I can understand why Linda gets so pissed at Danny.  I think he's at the 54 and Jamie is at the 12, but I have no idea how far apart those precincts are that would allow Danny to investigate this incident.

I thought Danny was Major Case? I know there's been references to the 54 too earlier on, but I just figured in Blue Bloods world they work out of the 54. It doesn't really matter much anyways since all important crime in NYC happens right outside of where Danny is getting coffee or staking out a perp or parking the car or grabbing lunch or whatever so he's the first on the scene and gets to keep the case.

• Love 2

I thought Danny was Major Case? I know there's been references to the 54 too earlier on, but I just figured in Blue Bloods world they work out of the 54. It doesn't really matter much anyways since all important crime in NYC happens right outside of where Danny is getting coffee or staking out a perp or parking the car or grabbing lunch or whatever so he's the first on the scene and gets to keep the case.

I know, if NYC wants to improve their crime stats they will find a way to move Danny to Connecticut 

• Love 4

I was the New Kids on the Block cruise this weekend and we ended up watching it Saturday night on the lido screen.  Donnie was off to the side watching and making comments on the microphone but disappeared halfway through.  It was TV character night for the deck party so he dressed up as Frank Reagan before he stripped down to Magnum PI, short shorts and all.  Jonathan Knight went as Danny Reagan.

Topic: I wasn't a fan.  Then again I don't like most of the episodes that Brian Burns writes.  I feel they really shortchanged Linda on this.  3 scenes with her and maybe the first one had some sort of punch and the rest of her time felt like filler.  I really hope there is a set up to a bigger blow up by her later on because that was pretty lacking. 

I was thrilled that Colt bought it.  There is chasing a story, becoming the story, and then whatever he was pulling.  Especially giving a pretty accurate description of the shooter and then actively lying about it at the lineup.  I agreed with those who said if he had set up the shooting himself it would have been more interesting.  Otherwise, the guy came off as a douche. 

• Love 1
I was thrilled that Colt bought it.  There is chasing a story, becoming the story, and then whatever he was pulling.  Especially giving a pretty accurate description of the shooter and then actively lying about it at the lineup.  I agreed with those who said if he had set up the shooting himself it would have been more interesting.  Otherwise, the guy came off as a douche.

And stupid. Sure go interview the man a known murderer all by himself, surely nothing could go wrong there.

And if said murderer refuses to chat, suggest turning him into the cops.  If he's dumb enough to do all

of those things, is it really murder?

And stupid. Sure go interview the man a known murderer all by himself, surely nothing could go wrong there.

And if said murderer refuses to chat, suggest turning him into the cops.  If he's dumb enough to do all

of those things, is it really murder?

And why not have that interview on the top of a tall building?

• Love 3

I always interview people who have been known to be violent against me when I am on roofs, and I prefer that those meetings be alone so that no one is around if things go sideways; it adds to the adventure. Doesn't everyone?

• Love 4

I always interview people who have been known to be violent against me when I am on roofs, and I prefer that those meetings be alone so that no one is around if things go sideways; it adds to the adventure. Doesn't everyone?

Well, I like to really amp it up by threatening them on a rooftop.   Especially if the violent offender is like 3 times bigger than me. Its really the only way....just me and my trusty spy glasses!

• Love 2

So the shooter’s plan was to lure two officers to an empty apartment so he could shoot the third officer in the car. Because the NYPD always responds to calls with three officers, one of which they leave behind in the car. Okey Dokey. And could that reporter have been more of a walking cliche of how the Fox news types think one of the liberal media elite acts? Right down to his long hair and hipster outfit. I was surprised they didn’t show him eating tofu and berating the cops about driving gas guzzling cars.

At least we got the satisfaction of Erin pointing out what an idiot Danny was for trying to get a grand jury to indict a picture. It was an improvement over last week where she could have called him an idiot for wanting to break into a house without a warrant if only he would have asked her first.

Then poor Linda just got shot and has to listen to this idiotic dinner conversation about letting shooters go free to shoot again so she gets upset and asks them to stop, and gramps is like “Is there something wrong?” Is he that clueless? That was such an inane question I started laughing out loud. Maybe he should be checked for Alzheimer’s or something.

• Love 6

So the shooter’s plan was to lure two officers to an empty apartment so he could shoot the third officer in the car. Because the NYPD always responds to calls with three officers, one of which they leave behind in the car. Okey Dokey. And could that reporter have been more of a walking cliche of how the Fox news types think one of the liberal media elite acts? Right down to his long hair and hipster outfit. I was surprised they didn’t show him eating tofu and berating the cops about driving gas guzzling cars.

At least we got the satisfaction of Erin pointing out what an idiot Danny was for trying to get a grand jury to indict a picture. It was an improvement over last week where she could have called him an idiot for wanting to break into a house without a warrant if only he would have asked her first.

Then poor Linda just got shot and has to listen to this idiotic dinner conversation about letting shooters go free to shoot again so she gets upset and asks them to stop, and gramps is like “Is there something wrong?” Is he that clueless? That was such an inane question I started laughing out loud. Maybe he should be checked for Alzheimer’s or something.

That is such a stupid idea that it took me almost a day to realize that that's what he was asking her to do.  He explained it, but I really didn't think he could seriously be asking her that, and thinking it was a serious and logical plan.  I mean really, they say you can indict a ham sandwich in front of a grand jury, but a picture?  How did she even understand what he was asking for, it was so stupid I would have thought there had to be some alternate explanation.  Are you really going to bind the picture over for trial?  Is he going to be held for trial in an envelope?  

And yes -- he was very cliche wasn't he?  I loved that he worked in some bean bag commune with his skinny jeans.  Oh and that his MacBook had all sorts of bumper stickers all over it.  

• Love 4

Count me among those who do not understand why Danny was such a jackass toward the informant. Would it have been better if the guy had kept quiet and not told the police what he knew? And the poor translator. I don't get why these two men were treated like criminals.

• Love 4

I predict that she will go to Hudson University, in other words, there will be an episode where she'll be in danger/attacked/etc. and SuperDanny will have to save her.

And step on Olivia Benson's toes?  Heaven forbid!  (Though Mariska Hargitay's husband does play Erin's ex so...)

• Love 1