Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Good To The Bone

Oh, they could have had Coffee play both parts!  Bwaaahahahahahaha

Yep, she's definitely one of the better actors on the show, even though her character has been trashed .

Oh, I just realized what bothered me so much about the "boned" comment - aside from it being juvenile and inappropriate . It's grammatically incorrect. It should be "de-boned" . But that's neither here nor there I suppose since there is so much more that is wrong with the show .

• Love 3

Oh, I just realized what bothered me so much about the "boned" comment - aside from it being juvenile and inappropriate . It's grammatically incorrect.

That struck me too, but then I realized "de-boned" didn't offer up the same kind of double-entendre. Even so, it joke was as flat as the victims. ;) Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 4
Again, how stupid do they think their viewers are?

To ask the question is to answer it.

I hope the plan is to show off Russel Hornsby's leading man qualities for when this gore fest is over.

Came for the Greenwalt, stayed for the Hornsby (and the Weir Mitchell).

• Love 3

It would have been hysterical if Diana showed up as the same age as Adalind and Renard has a WTF look on his face!

An old show called the 4400 had a storyline like that where the special baby aged to an adult in a short time. An adult Diana probably wouldn't go over too well.

An old show called the 4400 had a storyline like that where the special baby aged to an adult in a short time. An adult Diana probably wouldn't go over too well.

I'm probably aging myself, but an old show called "V" also had that storyline. Except I THINK I remember the kid turning out to be one of the good guys.

I'm still curious as to why the Royal's did not at least try to get Nick's key while they were after Diana in s4.  Not dead Juliette Eve burned down the trailer and never once tried to steal Nick's two keys for the Royal's.

Oh, they could have had Coffee play both parts!  Bwaaahahahahahaha

CC has the acting chops and could have played Adalind and Diana instead of hiding out in the frome with baby #2.   Just imagine the look on Renard's face as he can't tell which woman he slept with in the past and which woman is his kid!

• Love 2

IIRC, she was also a super special snowflake like Diana (I remember trees bowing down to her while she was in the womb). Not only did she age practically overnight - they had her sexually involved with a character almost immediately. Loved the show until it started that storyline.
  • Love 1

oh - True Blood had rapidly aging fairy kids as well. They tried to make it as absurd as possible where they aged a few years over days of time... because they needed children who could speak and play a role for the plot. What would be interesting is if they could find a stellar child actor who could pretend to be a 2 year old who chooses to project an older image, but still talks and giggles like a two year old.

• Love 1

Yeah, soap operas didn't invent the rapidly aging child. That trope has been around since ancient mythology. Didn't Eve appear as a fully formed adult from Adam's rib? Science fiction is also filled with it. I seem to recall a bunch of Star Trek episodes with that theme.

Humans have a very long juvenile period compared to other animals. I can believe that fantastical nonhuman creatures that sometimes take on the appearance of humans might reach physical maturity much faster, and that these creatures are very adept at hiding that from humans with their own network of forged birth certificates and school records.

I don't believe she's "just back" I bet this is some kind of setup. The way she was questioning Hank when she was cooking just didn't seem right.

The first time around she was pretty freaked out when she realized that Hank's partner was a Grimm as are most of the Wesen that meet Nick that aren't a part of his inner circle. Her questioning if he was still partnered with the Grimm seems logical for a Wesen interested in the close friend of a Grimm. I didn't see her questions shady but that's my viewpoint.

Falling Skies did a similar story line as well.

Also, has Grimm always been so gross and gratuitously violent? The last couple of episodes left me queasy.

I think it's hilarious that Nick has now become a bland, flat-affect character who seems almost like a robot, delivering even his (obnoxious) jokes so deadpan people hardly realize he was joking. That's the same criticism that Juliette used to get even before she was retconned to be a semi-robot. I also think I remember early in season 1, I thought maybe Guintoli was just a crappy actor because he was so bland and flat affect. Later, I saw him take on some color and I realized he actually could act, but it took a while. This show apparently WANTS its stars to be less animated. I mean, they have Sasha Roiz taking phone calls where all you hear is "Yes. No. I see. This is not a good time. " Maybe they think that's suspenseful or mysterious, but it just makes every one seem kind of depressed. Meanwhile, the one animated character they had at first was Monroe, who has been considerably toned down. And they turned Adalind from a nasty schemer to a timid waif for most of this season. And now even when she's back to being a hexenbeist lawyer, she's coming across rather mild and helpless. They turn Wu into a werewolf and have him afraid of his own hands.

It's like the show prefers its actors to be as low energy as possible.

%255BHorribleSubs%255D%2BTanaka-kun%2Bwa

Seriously, what even is this show about any more? 

The show Angel did this in the squickiest way possible.

The minute it's a magical baby, the show does whatever it can to not have it be a baby. I'm surprised Kelly has made it this long.

Yes, magic babies are TERRIBLE. Only shows that have run out of ideas do that in their later seasons.

It is infuriating that Grimm had that storyline ever since season 2 and it is STILL going on. I thought we were finally done with that crap in season 4, but the writers HAD to write in Claire Coffee's pregnancy into the storyline. Adalind screaming when finding out she having Nick's kid was straight out of a parody.

Falling Skies did a similar story line as well.

Also, has Grimm always been so gross and gratuitously violent? The last couple of episodes left me queasy.

No .  I mean, there were some gross things, but we rarely saw things becoming gross, shall we say.  I think they feel they have to compete with Game of Thrones or something.  I don't watch GoT, but even I know that Grimm is nowhere near that show....

• Love 1

Oh, I just realized what bothered me so much about the "boned" comment - aside from it being juvenile and inappropriate . It's grammatically incorrect. It should be "de-boned" . But that's neither here nor there I suppose since there is so much more that is wrong with the show .

Well, you "bone" a chicken to remove the bones, so that didn't bother me. The "debone" usage is recent.

I continue to enjoy this show, and am disappointed that it was renewed with fewer episodes. Does anyone know if that order can be extended, or is that it for sure?

• Love 1

Well, you "bone" a chicken to remove the bones, so that didn't bother me. The "debone" usage is recent.

I continue to enjoy this show, and am disappointed that it was renewed with fewer episodes. Does anyone know if that order can be extended, or is that it for sure?

It was a minimum order of 13 episodes so, yes, more episodes could be added.  However, if they are using Grimm as a mid-season replacement, then there wouldn't be time in the season for anymore episodes.  

Edited by OtterMommy

Whatever new or old shows on NBC would have to fail badly for Grimm to receive more than 13 episodes in 2017.  So, I would say there is a 50% chance of more episodes of Grimm or the show is going off the air.  

I really wish the show had left Nick a single man and Adalind could have had a hysterical pregnancy and died.  Diana could have lost all of her magical powers when she bit Kelly as a baby while teething and the child turned out to be Eric's!

Edited by Darklazr

They are suddenly bringing Zuri back?  I almost forgot that she exists

I don't remember her at all. What were the circumstances of her meeting Hank originally?

That was a different M.E. than the one they had in Season 1. I wonder what happened to the original. 

At this point I'm just frustrated by the time wasted on these new WoW stories. We've had five seasons of this, we don't really need to introduce any new kinds of Wesen anymore. They've never been able to balance the Wow stories with the larger stories so if they want to introduce new Wesen they should be incorporated into the whole Black Claw thing so they can focus on that and be done with it.

• Love 1

At this point I'm just frustrated by the time wasted on these new WoW stories. We've had five seasons of this, we don't really need to introduce any new kinds of Wesen anymore. They've never been able to balance the Wow stories with the larger stories so if they want to introduce new Wesen they should be incorporated into the whole Black Claw thing so they can focus on that and be done with it.

Replying in the Everything Wrong thread...

Huh! I thought the most important line in the episode was Rosalee's at the end of her conversation with Eve. Eve asks if she minded her (Eve) telling Adalind that if she hurt Nick, she'd come after her.

Rosalee: "It's what I would have said..."

(Eve leaves and is out of earshot)

Rosalee (to herself, thoughtfully; she read the line beautifully): "...if I was Juliette."

This made me happy because I am a romantic always in favour of True Love lasting and lovers NOT becoming alienated, or getting back together if they do. Certainly Juliette did enough awful things when infected with hexenbiestitude that I stopped feeling strongly about it in ​this case, but the principle remains, and I am one of the (perhaps relatively rare) people here who really wants Nick and Juliette to get back together, after the super-awful Nick-Adalind relationship has its well-deserved burial and Juliette melts into extreme sobbing remorse for enough screen time. However, since so many people here loathe the idea of any redemption for Julieve, I came here expecting howls of outrage about the line. It seems to show the writers really do have some re-reversal in mind, and-- given how unjust Juliette's fall was-- I'd like to see it. Anybody else?

Yes, that was exceptionally gruesome. I'm relieved to read that that was a hairball Wu coughed up and not a piece of an unknown victim, but Yuck. And triple Yuck about the Wesen of the Week. The poor guy was sympathetic, but running over conscious, pleading people with audible bone-crunching sounds?? Yes, that Wesen species has an unsustainable lifestyle; they should have had a line or so saying they only need to eat human bone every ten years or so (to strengthen their own, or something) and can survive on food the rest of the time. But then we couldn't look forward to his parents withering away once they'd digested their son and their supplier was gone.

• Love 1

I don't think the show has enough time left to plausibly bring Nick and Juliette back together, and the Nadalind business has left a bad taste in my mouth in terms of not wanting Nick to be in a relationship with someone who has done awful things to him. But I, too, felt that the Juliette character assassination was abrupt and unfair on the part of the writers. So I would be happy if Juliette gets some sort of redemptive death -- maybe die saving baby Kelly to atone for her part in killing his grandmother. It's not that I especially want her to die. It's just that with only 16 or 17 episodes left in the series, I would worry that her reconciliation with Nick would come off as rushed and forced.

They could solve the sustainability issue, while still letting us look forward to the demise of the gross parents, by saying that healthy members of the species only need to suck bones every decade or so, but much more frequent ingestion of bones can stave off death for elderly individuals.

Huh! I thought the most important line in the episode was Rosalee's at the end of her conversation with Eve. Eve asks if she minded her (Eve) telling Adalind that if she hurt Nick, she'd come after her.

Rosalee (to herself, thoughtfully; she read the line beautifully): "...if I was Juliette."

This made me happy because I am a romantic always in favour of True Love lasting and lovers NOT becoming alienated, or getting back together if they do. Certainly Juliette did enough awful things when infected with hexenbiestitude that I stopped feeling strongly about it in ​this case, but the principle remains, and I am one of the (perhaps relatively rare) people here who really wants Nick and Juliette to get back together, after the super-awful Nick-Adalind relationship has its well-deserved burial and Juliette melts into extreme sobbing remorse for enough screen time. However, since so many people here loathe the idea of any redemption for Julieve, I came here expecting howls of outrage about the line. It seems to show the writers really do have some re-reversal in mind, and-- given how unjust Juliette's fall was-- I'd like to see it. Anybody else?

Yes, that was exceptionally gruesome. I'm relieved to read that that was a hairball Wu coughed up and not a piece of an unknown victim, but Yuck. And triple Yuck about the Wesen of the Week. The poor guy was sympathetic, but running over conscious, pleading people with audible bone-crunching sounds?? Yes, that Wesen species has an unsustainable lifestyle; they should have had a line or so saying they only need to eat human bone every ten years or so (to strengthen their own, or something) and can survive on food the rest of the time. But then we couldn't look forward to his parents withering away once they'd digested their son and their supplier was gone.

I loved Rosalee's line as well. But I'm not at all happy about the possibility.

As for the hairball, my take was that it was a ball of hair from a victim (I may have imagined it, but I thought I saw some skin along with the hair.)

• Love 1

That was a different M.E. than the one they had in Season 1. I wonder what happened to the original.

My theory:  we haven't seen an ME in ages, now twice in just a few episodes.  She isn't sufficiently alarmed at this boneless human being, in my opinion.  I think she is wesen and possibly Black Claw.  Otherwise, why is an ME suddenly relevant?  There have been bunches of inexplicable deaths since last we saw an autopsy.

• Love 1

My theory:  we haven't seen an ME in ages, now twice in just a few episodes.  She isn't sufficiently alarmed at this boneless human being, in my opinion.  I think she is wesen and possibly Black Claw.  Otherwise, why is an ME suddenly relevant?  There have been bunches of inexplicable deaths since last we saw an autopsy.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Black Claw mole in the PDX PD?  Maybe the ME is the mole (figuratively and literally!)

• Love 3

Replying in the Everything Wrong thread....

On 4/23/2016 at 2:51 AM, neuromom said:

And is Wu in REALLY critical condition? Because Rosalie said the Wesen was attracted to the smell of "impending death" and he chose Wu over Monroe.

Does Eve really have a point for her existence? The interrogation she put Rosalie through with all the "yes/no" answers was beyond ridiculous.

I hope Wu is okay. Love him and the poor guy just can't seem to catch a break. And Eve the point of her being on the show is to annoy the hell out of me and it is working!

• Love 1

Not dead Juliette Eve setup Kelly and SIX innocent neighbors to be slaughtered and burned down the Grimmabago!  There is not enough redemption in the world that would ever make me want Nick with not dead Juliette Eve!  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, icewolf said:

So... did the police ever question Nick about why all the neighbors around his house were brutally killed? I was expecting some kind of fallout from that...

No  They are all still too busy looking for Thomas Schirach.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, icewolf said:

So... did the police ever question Nick about why all the neighbors around his house were brutally killed? I was expecting some kind of fallout from that...

That never happened. Also, no FBI agents were brutally murdered in the vicinity. Or foreign royals found splattered on the ground after being tossed out of helicopters. Additionally, no questions regarding randomly-aged children will be asked. Don't worry about it, tra la la.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lii said:

That never happened. Also, no FBI agents were brutally murdered in the vicinity. Or foreign royals found splattered on the ground after being tossed out of helicopters. Additionally, no questions regarding randomly-aged children will be asked. Don't worry about it, tra la la.

I had a brief moment of hope at the start of the season that the murdered-neighbours would become a major plot point.  Alas, Black Claw and Magic Babies happened ...

I'm actually enjoying the more gruesome Wesen of the Week formula from the last few weeks.  I remember the first season being a bit more edgy at times, nice to see them recapturing that spirit.

The show still amazes me how great it is with it's characters sometimes, and how godawful at others.