Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: An Intimates Affair

• Start Topic

So, Carol admitted that Adam does want kids, she knows they cannot stay together indefinitely, and that she has maybe 5 more good party years... Flirting with disaster and heartbreak!

Dorinda is getting way sloppy. It looks like when she excused herself from the party and went outside, that maybe she called or texted John and filled him in on what Bethenny was saying. He then showed up at the party with both barrels loaded for Bethenny. Cut to Dorinda sobbing on Bethenny's shoulder. John may have said what many of the viewers think- Bethenny is a vacuous, nasty shrew because she is incapable of having a relationship with a man...

Ramona sure loves her new titties-do we have to stare at them all season?

Jules is scary skinny in a very unhealthy way. From behind she looks like an 11 year old boy in the middle of a growth spurt.

• Love 14

Why haven't Sonja and Lu been shooting with the others. Just weird.

Because Ramona has made the choice yo distance herself away from Sonja because she drinks too much and her behavior is too wild. She said in the first episode. Lu hasn't with others because she and Carole still have that beef from last year.

• Love 2

Jule's isn't just skinny, she looks sick, and like other severe anorexics I've seen.  That scene of her with bare legs in the shorts just gave me chills.  She almost looks normal in clothes, but her legs were hollow and bony, scary bony. 

I just love that these women fight their own battles and bring stuff up to people's faces instead of trying to get someone else to do their dirty work, and then whining about it.

So glad Heather and Kristen are gone.  I think this is a pretty good group as far as making an interesting or entertaining show.  I don't have to like or dislike them, and frankly, I don't.  I'm here for the fireworks, and fun.

I agree - I'm not body-shaming her at all, but when they were at the bra party (ridiculous, imo) - Jules' arms in that tank top were scary thin.  She was practically skeletal.  Carole and Bethenny are skinny, but Jules is beyond even their thinness.  Bethenny has curves - granted, her breasts are implants - but she has a very nice figure for a very thin girl.  Carole is closer is body shape to Jules, but she has more meat on her.  

Although, we did see Jules eating a carrot or two and ALMOST eat a fried shrimp.  

• Love 12

And we're off!  The drama has already commenced and I'm sort of living for it.  While I'm no Dorinda apologist (more on that later), I do not think that her bra party was the time or place for Beth and Ramona to gang up on her about John.  But, hey, nobody has ever accused either of those broads of being "appropriate" or "PC."  Or "nice."

And yeah, WTF was up with the bra lady just "guessing" people's sizes?  I thought the point of those things WAS to get measured so you knew exactly what size to wear?  Very odd.

Some people can't help being that skinny. My step-mother is rail thin, but homegirl eats. A lot. I think Carol eats. Jules may be another issue. But I don't know enough about either one to say. I just know that some women can enjoy chocolate, beer, and cheese and never put on a pound. I'll admit it makes me kind of jealous, but I know it hurts someone's feelings to imply they don't eat to look that way when it's just naturally how they look.

Exactly what I was going to say!

Labeling Jules as "sick" and "anorexic" right from the jump makes me very uncomfortable. We simply do NOT have any information to say that she is other than the fact that she is very thin.  But ya know, I have 2 friends who are built JUST like her, and trust me: they are not anorexic.  Both had healthy pregnancies, healthy babies, and are just fine.  You can't always judge a book by its cover.

That said, Jules can miss me with that whole faux Early Morning Routine.  So you supposedly are making your husband breakfast every morning and yet, you have never used the coffee maker - when your husband is clearly a coffee drinker?  Whatevs.  Her little girl is quite adorable, though, I must say. 

You are so right. I was kinda taken aback when I saw her sitting at Sonja's table; her voice has gotten VERY smokey low and she looked a bit hard. It seems the time between seasons hadn't been kind to our Lu.

I agree about Lu.  She just looked.... different.  I've always considered her one of the most beautiful housewives (and yes, with the most enviable figure), yet something about her face looked almost kind of ... bigger?  Bloated?  Too many fillers?  Idk. Don't get me wrong, she is still darn attractive.  Yet not quite the same as before.

Dorinda started with this classist bullshit about how Ramona and Carol shouldn't hang out; how Ramona should stick to her fancy UES restaurants and Carol should stick with her crunchy downtown people. I thought that was so incredibly rude.

Right?? WTF was up with that BS that Ramona and Carole shouldn't have lunch together?  It harkened back to her drunken ragey ramblings in T&C last season about how she and Heather were "pure people." I mean, I guess maybe, just maybe, it was an inside joke, because Carole looked almost amused when Dorinda was saying that.  Or, more likely, she was amused at what an elitist asshole Dorinda was making herself sound like.  Again.

• Love 19

Jules behavior at that party with the food made me angry. I am very particular about food hygiene and she was just nothing short of gross. Her quest to keep kosher contaminated everyone else's shit. Firstly, she put her hands on about 1/2 a serving platter of shrimp (like she was gonna eat that shit LOL!). Then dumps her hands in the ice bucket to wash them, like that hotel room has got no damn bathroom. She proceeds to squeeze lemon juice on her hands. Lemons are highly acidic. If it gets on a wood floor or carpet and isn't cleaned up right away and properly, it can damage the floor. Total weirdo and airhead!

Yes...I get being kosher, and following the tenets and rules of that, but the way she stuck her hands in that ice bucket, it was as if she had touched acid or something, and needed to clean her skin before it fell off!  

Not only that, but, as you said, she contaminated the ice, and then proceeded to use the same ice to make a drink for Dorinda (who clearly did NOT need another drink!!!).  While Jules was so worried about her religious beliefs, she was not at all concerned that perhaps someone in that room could have a serious shellfish allergy, and anyone using that ice after her could have had a major allergic reaction.  That really bugged me.

I'm not sure I'm liking Jules.  She reminds me, as a poster upthread said, of Megan from RHOC, in so many ways, and I really, really did not like Megan at all.

• Love 23

So Sonja and LuAnn are going to be excluded from all group events this season? No one wants to film with them?

Also, I think Bethenny hates John because he reminds her of how she used to be. She used to push her Bethenny Bakes crap on the innocent constantly. All roads led back to her. She still uses this show for Skinnygirl product placement. She's a hustler, John's a hustler, and she hates that they're alike in that way. If Dorinda weren't a drunk mess half the time, she would point this out.

Has there been anything on social media or elsewhere that all of them don't want to film with Sonya And LuAnn? Just curious if it's all of them or more because Carol won't film with Lu and Andy likes Carol better.

Really good point about Bethany not liking John because he's a hustler and it hits too close to home for her. I hadn't thought of that but it makes a lot of sense.

I too am bothered by all the talk of who is skinniest and them targeting Jules. I think Bethany looks the most unhealthy and has for a really long time. Carol is a close second for me. Their skin and hair doesn't look that good and they just have an air of being malnourished. At least with Jules she's had two children so we know she is healthy enough to have her periods.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 4

On the Too Skinny Jules front: I think the issue is that, while Bethenny and Carole are quite slender, they're also probably a good five or six inches shorter than Jules. So, Jules' look does come off as scary skinny compared to Bethenny's skinny, which is a bit on the athletic side, and Carole's, which is skinny without athleticism attached.

Guess I wasn't paying attention -- did Ramona get new boobs?

How do those lingerie ladies determine your bra size just by looking at you???!

Yeah, that party hosted BY Dorinda was the place to approach her about the crap her bf is doing. <eyeroll>

I think the lingerie women took what the HWs had written on the slips of paper and made determinations that the HWs needed to go down a band size and up a cup size. I went to Nordstrom last year to buy new bras, and when the associate, an older woman with a French accent (so you know she knew what she was talking about lol), looked at me, she asked, "Why are you looking for bras in [X]?" She had me go down one band size and up one cup size, and sure enough, voila! 

It is obvious why these pretentious bitches have it in for John. He gives off the vibe of a working class outer borough ethnic guy. The kind that these snots would never be caught dead with on their arm. So déclassé my dear. You saw it in their trip to the Parkside Restaurant last season. It was like they were on safari in the Serengeti.

The fact is who in their right mind would want to be involved with Bethenney or Ramona. You would be better off sticking it in a pencil sharpener.

The class thing with these woman never ceases to astound me. Ramona wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She grew up pretty middle class. Yet, she continues to put on these airs of "to the manor born," which I think is part of her issue with John. He doesn't put on those airs in the slightest.

While I will say that I do find John to be a sleaze, I think that in the case of Ramona, who believed she hit the looks jackpot with Mario, she's also reacting to how unattractive she finds John. 

I think in Bethenny's case, maybe she sees a bit of herself in John? She was quite the hustler back in the day, and now that she's made it, John's demeanor that is reminiscent of her own, irks her.

• Love 13

Jules was using a Faberware Coffee pot. The only kind I use. It makes the best coffee you ever had. Unless you make it on the stove in a white porcelain one that my grandmother actually owned.

There is nothing worse than these fancy hipster one cup coffee pots that make watery piss water that they want to call coffee.

• Love 13

What gets me about Jules isn't her weight, it's her hair.  Her hands are always in it, she's always putting it up, it's like she doesn't know what to do with it.  She should either cut it or braid it. 

Idk, I took it to mean she thought her life would be over in 5 years.  I found it really disturbing.  She said she "would be in a very different place" then.  Have no idea what she meant by this, but life doesn't end at 57, unless you die.  I've said before I think Carole, despite her carefree routine, seems very damaged (& remains so) from what has occurred in her past.  To me, she seems to be saying she'll passively stay in this relationship -- until he leaves her for someone younger, who he can have children with, which she seems to be predicting will ultimately happen.  Interesting that when she's with Adam, she's all happy, happy, happy, and then we get this depressing POV from her on how she really views this relationship.

I don't think it was depressing, very realistic.  If Adam told her he wants children, they will break up and he will find someone younger. 

I have a friend who knew she wasn't going to have children.  For that reason, she would not date men who wanted children.  She eventually started seeing a man who had three children and wanted no more; they've been together for 20 years now.  I think Carole had no idea that she and Adam would still be together for this long.  She's enjoying it but knows it won't last, which isn't depressing; it would be depressing for her to think Adam would stay with her forever, and then he leaves for her someone younger.

• Love 22

I found the article I referred to upthread about Sonja and Luann holding out for more money.  Unfortunately it's Radar, which means it's sketchy at best, but it still could explain why they weren't filming at the beginning, and had to be spliced into episodes later.  Ramona was included in the first article, but in the second it shows she went ahead and signed up while Luann and Sonja were continuing to hold out.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/real-housewives-new-york-city-fight-contract-salary-agreement/

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/ramona-singer-real-housewives-new-york-return-day-rate-contract-bravo/

• Love 2

Also last year we converted one of our shops into a lingerie store. My wife never measures. She just eyeballs the person and takes several pieces in to find the right fit. Every company fits differently. I recognized several of the brands including Prima Donna, Mary Jo and Simone Perele as bras on the rack. All of which fit differently even within the same company. The styles also fit differently. A balconet can be different than a deep plunge. So you should try them on. Bra fitting is an art not a science.

I always say bras are like shoes. You have a general idea what your size is but you really have to try them on. 

• Love 13
What gets me about Jules isn't her weight, it's her hair.  Her hands are always in it, she's always putting it up, it's like she doesn't know what to do with it.  She should either cut it or braid it.

Yes! Goodness. When Dorinda was frothing at the mouth, Jules kept alternating between running her hands through her hair and petting Dorinda's arms. I'm weird about other people's hair, and if I ended up with one of those long, black strands on my shoulder, I would have freaked out. 

• Love 1

I don't like Dorinda, I certainly don't like John and I don't think I like Jules - and yet when the other women go after them, it makes me really pissed on their behalf! Maybe I just dislike Bethenny and Carol more than them. 

Carol has always had the body of an anorexic. Does that mean she is? No, anorexia is a disease and maybe she just has no interest in food. There really are people like that. But it's amazing to me that someone with Carol's body would talk about Jules potential eating disorder. And Bethenny gets SO pissed whenever someone tells her to eat a sandwich, but B is a hypocrite about literally everything. 

I always thought they didn't like John both because he's loud and gross and slimy (he's a literal mouth breather), but would overlook that if he were rich enough, which he's not. 

I don't understand why it's so hard for Jules to avoid shellfish. I hate seafood and manage to avoid it effortlessly. Strange.

Edited by racked
  • Love 12

Also last year we converted one of our shops into a lingerie store. My wife never measures. She just eyeballs the person and takes several pieces in to find the right fit. Every company fits differently. I recognized several of the brands including Prima Donna, Mary Jo and Simone Perele as bras on the rack. All of which fit differently even within the same company. The styles also fit differently. A balconet can be different than a deep plunge. So you should try them on. Bra fitting is an art not a science.

I always say bras are like shoes. You have a general idea what your size is but you really have to try them on.

Wow, go Trooper. Very impressive knowledge coming from a guy. Plus you enjoy snarking on Housewives' too. 

Your wife is a lucky woman ! ;)

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 14

That was the bra the Nordstrom associate talked me into, after eyeballing me and telling me to go down a band size and up a cup size. I've not looked back. Simone Perele bras are so so so so beautiful!

• Love 7

There are many different bras that fit everyone differently. I confess I know way too much about bras for an old dude. But if I worked in a vegetable store I would know the difference between a banana and a Kiwi.

I keep going back to the shoe analogy. Some bras just work best for certain people. Some work best for smaller band sizes and some work best for bigger ones. We carry a bunch of different lines. Every year we go to the Curve Lingerie show in the Javits center to find new lines and new companies. The answer is choice. The ladies fitting the women had a good selection. I noticed a bag from their store was prominently placed  for people to notice during the episode. Sweet. It was subtle yet effective.

I was surprised that Bethenney didn't rip it up because it was promoting something other than Skinny Girl. 

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 17
I don't understand why it's so hard for Jules to avoid shellfish. I hate seafood and manage to avoid it effortlessly. Strange.

It was weird. She was just picking it up and investigating it, then seemed shocked when the other woman said it was shrimp. I could instantly tell what it was. 

• Love 9

How do those lingerie ladies determine your bra size just by looking at you???!

The lingerie ladies are from Town Shop, a bra store on Broadway on the UWS (a few blocks north of Zabar's deli, in case you want to find it). On a trip to NYC I called in there as they had a sale on. A few weeks earlier I'd been fitted for a bra by Rigby & Peller in London (who make the Queen's lingerie, and who also fit you by sight), so I knew I was in the right size. All the salesladies at Town Shop were large, warm, motherly black ladies, and as soon as I walked in one of them said "Girrrrrl, I can see you're wearing the right size. 34DD." And she was absolutely right.

I guess it's a skill honed with practice.

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 18
essexjan, on 14 Apr 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:essexjan, on 14 Apr 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

The lingerie ladies are from Town Shop, a bra store on Broadway on the UWS (a few blocks north of Zabar's deli, in case you want to find it). On a trip to NYC I called in there as they had a sale on. A few weeks earlier I'd been fitted for a bra by Rigby & Peller in London (who make the Queen's lingerie, and who also fit you by sight), so I knew I was in the right size. All the salesladies at Town Shop were large, warm, motherly black ladies, and as soon as I walked in one of them said "Girrrrrl, I can see you're wearing the right size. 34DD." And she was absolutely right.

Huh how about that? I learned something new from  you guys! I guess you can tell I'm still buying my bras from Kohls and Target. lol  I think it might be time for me to go to a good lingerie shop and be fitted properly by an expert!

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12

Wow; that's impressive! I stand corrected! :)

• Love 3

Ramona starting in on Dorinda at the party was serious Alex McCord "I have a message!" levels of awkward. 

Jules' daughter looked seriously adorable in her little walking to school ensemble. 

That's it. Those are my thoughts on the episode. Everything else was 100% same old song, new-ish singer. 

• Love 9

Jules, you may keep kosher but as a nice Jewish girl you should know that we do not believe in Hell so touch the shrimp, eat the shrimp, you will not be going to hell.

Luanne keeps on harping about the Carole/Adam thing and aiming her guns toward Carole, how about be angry with Adam since he is involved too.  Part of me thinks Luanne is jealous that Adam did not make a pass at her.

I am loving Beth's leather jackets she has been wearing this season.  The birthday thing is odd, first she hates to be the center of attention (yeah, right) then she says she will be having a party for her birthday...so which is it?  I recognized that space the lingerie party was in the minute they showed it.  There was a HW episode filmed there a few seasons ago.

• Love 14

Also, they know that the mistake most women make is too big band size, because they wear the band too high on their chest, so if you go down a band size, you have to go up a cup size. So a 34B turns into a 32C. It's just math. 

Edited by poeticlicensed

John has always conjured up a quadrilogy (one more than a trilogy) of images to me that are borderline nasty. I can imagine John getting out of bed in the morning with his eyes half open as he plods down a hallway to the bathroom yawning, scratching his balls, while burping and farting at the same time.  You  know what I mean, the kind of guy that still giggles when he tells his girlfriend 'pull my finger', farts then laughs his ass off thinking it's the funniest thing in the world. He's just sort of Neanderthalish.

I really question the selection of Jules Wainstein by Bravo for this season. I found it odd that a woman that's been married for 8 years didn't know how to make the coffee and it just happened to be one of her first attempts at it on this episode. I know that's not a big deal compared to her obvious 'lack of hunger or appetite'. Look, I'm already protecting myself from being accused of body shaming, so I tried to avoid using the word 'anorexic'. Well, hell with political correctness, let that be damned because anorexia will be mentioned many, many, many times in reviews this season. That's a guarantee.

I had always thought Bethenny and Carole were anorexic but as Carole has said many times, I think they're both naturally skinny. Jules is skinny on another level, one that's not natural at all. I'm just not sure that Bravo made a smart choice with Jules because I just don't think she's representative of what a physically or emotionally healthy woman is. I know she will remind us at least a kabillion times that she's Japanese and Jewish and she keeps a kosher house but does touching shellfish with your fingers give you license to freely dunk your hands in the bowl of ice that the champagne is sitting in? Isn't there a restroom in that venue where you could wash your hands? That's not only rude, it's STUPID.

I think I'm going to miss the glamour and palatial homes of Beverly Hills. That apartment that Jules Wainstein and her husband has looks like a shabby apartment to eyes that are accustomed to seeing Lisa Vanderpump's mansion but that NY apartment probably costs an easy few million since it's in Tribeca where her neighbors are Beyonce and Jay Z, Gwyneth Paltro, Tyra Banks and many more. Ramona's apartment on the upper East side was listed for sale at $5 million. Ramona is offering her Hampton's house for lease for the season which runs Memorial Day to Labor Day for $320,000 for the season. She got the Hampton house in the divorce settlement from Mario

• Love 10

I've been a sort-of-SAHM  (worked nights & weekends) so I definitely know it's a lot of work.

however, Jules' little girl obviously goes to day care, and she has a nanny?  Life is not that difficult, honey, stop pretending...

• Love 17

Agreed withe posters upthread that mentioned a shift in LuAnn's appearance and voice. It jumped out at me right away last night. Her voice was definitely smoky lower and her face looked off, bloated, too pale or something.  

And whomever mentioned upthread about Bethenney's "Michael Jackson" jacket at the bra party - -  NAILED IT ! I saw she wore the same (roughly) leather jacket in three colors last night. Each one had an open lapel collar and top stitching and the wide shoulders. First in off-white, then in pale pink (kind of pretty on her) . But then the black with the red/white arm banding  - - ridiculous. Plus she never took it off at the party !

Oh and Dorinda's wide sitting man-stance on the couch. Just no.  Boy, she's got some temper on her, doesn't she? But Bethenney was in the wrong. And Ramona? So so wrong for ganging up on Dorinda, on camera. But B and R are seasoned at how-to-bring-it for reality TV. Dorinda is not.

So I see that Dorinda is still doing her manic late night tweeting this season, like last. She must have gone to the Trump School for Angry Vindictive Tweets.  

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 14

I thought it meant 5 good summers of partying.

Who knows though? Carole looks exactly like Steven Tyler, maybe she'll continue to have his stamina.

I thought she meant she'd only be that attractive (??) for five more summers

• Love 8

I too am bothered by all the talk of who is skinniest and them targeting Jules. I think Bethany looks the most unhealthy and has for a really long time. Carol is a close second for me. Their skin and hair doesn't look that good and they just have an air of being malnourished. At least with Jules she's had two children so we know she is healthy enough to have her periods.

According to a recent Bravo article; http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/bethenny-frankel-addresses-those-cancer-rumors

"One of the biggest shockers to come out of the supertease for Season 8 of The Real Housewives of New York City was that Bethenny Frankel will be dealing with a health scare. The Skinnygirl mogul reveals that she will have to undergo a surgery and inquires about a living will in the clip, above.

Though Bethenny hasn't revealed what the illness is, she told PEOPLE last month that she is "facing a women's health issue that many women can relate to." Since then, rumors have spread that Bethenny had cancerous fibroids removed, but she is now putting those reports to rest. "I don't have cancer," Bethenny told ET. "I don't even like that that word is sort of out there."

• Love 3

Go head Dorinda

giphy.gif

John doesn't fit into Dorinda's circle of friends. I blind woman can see that. However, Bethenny going on and on about Dorinda selling John to the group (she must of said it half a dozen times this episode) is just too much. I feel like Dorinda is defending him, both preemptively and after the fact because the group talks so much shit about him, whether deserved or not. I mean shit, after Dorinda Monaco Grande Prix dragging these bitches Dorinda walks over to get a drink and Bethenny says John is full shit, a used car salesman and she doesn't like him/it and than she has the nerve to  call  Dorinda 'selling' NO. She is defending him. I just hate people who chip and chip at shit like that. Dorinda is a grown ass woman. Her friends should speak their peace about John no more than twice and either stay and find a way to cope being around them as a couple or go if they can't be around him. Point. blank. period.

If B had a problem with him pitching her, she should have told him to his face. I hate this relay shit. She tells his girlfriend and he relays it to her. Frankly, I don't see what the big deal with him wanting to speak to her and deal with her directly. What is wrong with wanting her number and asking B for it directly? Dorinda is John's girlfriend not his business partner. Why does she have to be present to discuss business matters with a business woman?

Bethenny give no and zero fucks? Gurl please. She gives all the fucks.

I really like the Countess and Sonja as roomies and partners in crime, one night standing their way through NY's upper east side. 

There is also a Skinny Bitch. I thought B took 'inspiration' from that. 

B is so exasperating. Her calling Luann a user of people is a laugh. 

I agree, and maybe Dorinda wouldn't feel like she has to defend him so much if the others wouldn't talk about him so much. 

I've never been to New York so maybe I don't understand, but Bethenny had to explain to her friend at the jewelry shop that Dorinda has a boyfriend from Queens, is that seen as a bad thing, to be from Queens?

• Love 3

Jules, you may keep kosher but as a nice Jewish girl you should know that we do not believe in Hell so touch the shrimp, eat the shrimp, you will not be going to hell.

Luanne keeps on harping about the Carole/Adam thing and aiming her guns toward Carole, how about be angry with Adam since he is involved too.  Part of me thinks Luanne is jealous that Adam did not make a pass at her.

I am loving Beth's leather jackets she has been wearing this season.  The birthday thing is odd, first she hates to be the center of attention (yeah, right) then she says she will be having a party for her birthday...so which is it?  I recognized that space the lingerie party was in the minute they showed it.  There was a HW episode filmed there a few seasons ago.

Didn't Bethenny throw a birthday party for herself last year and end up dancing on the table?  So much for not wanting to be the center of attention and respecting food service areas.  I think it is utterly classless to get up on table at a restaurant.  I think someone should have clued Jules in and then asked for new ice.  I don't think she was thinking.

The two with fake tits commenting on their boobs, typical.  I don't get the 32F thing-sounds like vanity sizing.

John may not be a great guy, but it really isn't any of Bethenny's business who Dorinda likes.  Dorinda would not be defending (it really isn't selling) if the others didn't feel it was their place to comment.   If what they are trying to say is they don't want to film with John then they should just say it.  From what they have said they really have very little contact in the off season.. Well they say one thing and then tweet another. 

• Love 8

This episode made me finally fine with Heather and Kristen being gone. Had Heather still been in the cast, she would have made them all hang out a ton during the off season and most of the off season resentments that we're seeing now would have been squashed. And had Kristen been here, she would have made fun of Jules' impromptu mikvah and laughed about Jules not using the sink in the bathroom instead of Bethenny's suspect quasi racist talking head.

So I rejoice Heather and Kristen being gone so that all of the remaining assholes can show just how awful they actually are.

• Love 13

Hmmm, what happened to Moaner's drapes?

I was thinking we've seen Moaner's place so many times & yet I never noticed she had any view -- or if she was high up, which she seems to be.  I kinda remember her having very dated-looking grandma drapes.  Maybe Mario's leaving has inspired her to lose the grandma drapes & let the pigeons peep in on her?

Still have no idea why they show a shot of a sign of Park & 80-something when they show Moaner in her place.  Um, no.  Moaner wishes she lived on Park.  No building on Park has apartments that look like hers -- with those low, low, low ceilings.  Nuh-uh.  Why the fake-out on Moaner's place, Satan Andy?  And why keep up with this fake-out?  I don't get it.  Maybe to keep up the pretense she's some sort of Manhattan socialite -- which she is definitely NOT.  Her building is one those ho-hum college dorm-looking things on Third in the 80's. 

Btw, a view is certainly prized in Manhattan, but I wasn't so impressed by Moaner's (from what I could see of it).  Now Jillzy, she has a great view.  Altho her place looks so cramped.  Moaner's place looks spacious, in spite of those icky low ceilings, which look like even she bumps her head on.  Does she need all that space?  I get the definite feeling Moaner is lonely.  Wonder if Bethenny is ordering her to stay away from Sonja for a storyline.

The more I watch Dorinda the more apparent it is how crass this woman is.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing (or a good thing).  It's just who she is.  All I'm saying is maybe she has much more in common with John than most realize.

• Love 9

According to a recent Bravo article; http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/bethenny-frankel-addresses-those-cancer-rumors

"One of the biggest shockers to come out of the supertease for Season 8 of The Real Housewives of New York City was that Bethenny Frankel will be dealing with a health scare. The Skinnygirl mogul reveals that she will have to undergo a surgery and inquires about a living will in the clip, above.

Though Bethenny hasn't revealed what the illness is, she told PEOPLE last month that she is "facing a women's health issue that many women can relate to." Since then, rumors have spread that Bethenny had cancerous fibroids removed, but she is now putting those reports to rest. "I don't have cancer," Bethenny told ET. "I don't even like that that word is sort of out there."

"Rumor" has it that she had fibroids removed......."allegedly". LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Hmmm, what happened to Moaner's drapes?

I was thinking we've seen Moaner's place so many times & yet I never noticed she had any view -- or if she was high up, which she seems to be.  I kinda remember her having very dated-looking grandma drapes.  Maybe Mario's leaving has inspired her to lose the grandma drapes & let the pigeons peep in on her?

Still have no idea why they show a shot of a sign of Park & 80-something when they show Moaner in her place.  Um, no.  Moaner wishes she lived on Park.  No building on Park has apartments that look like hers -- with those low, low, low ceilings.  Nuh-uh.  Why the fake-out on Moaner's place, Satan Andy?  And why keep up with this fake-out?  I don't get it.  Maybe to keep up the pretense she's some sort of Manhattan socialite -- which she is definitely NOT.  Her building is one those ho-hum college dorm-looking things on Third in the 80's. 

Btw, a view is certainly prized in Manhattan, but I wasn't so impressed by Moaner's (from what I could see of it).  Now Jillzy, she has a great view.  Altho her place looks so cramped.  Moaner's place looks spacious, in spite of those icky low ceilings, which look like even she bumps her head on.  Does she need all that space?  I get the definite feeling Moaner is lonely.  Wonder if Bethenny is ordering her to stay away from Sonja for a storyline.

The more I watch Dorinda the more apparent it is how crass this woman is.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing (or a good thing).  It's just who she is.  All I'm saying is maybe she has much more in common with John than most realize.

Moaner said she took the drapes down to bring more light in and update the place. It looked like she bought a new bed and bedding too (understandable), but her place still looks like it is stuck in the 90s. 

As far as the fake out, I'm guessing  they let the hoes  decide if they want an outside shot of their building or just a rando shot of any building. It could potentially be a security risk to show the outside, as crazy people might show up and wait for them. I know on BH someone figured out that the outside shot of Gigi's apartment was not really her building at all. 

I want to know how Dorinda ended up rich. She doesn't seem like she comes from money.

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 10

Moaner said she took the drapes down to bring more light in and update the place. It looked like she bought a new bed and bedding too (understandable), but her place still looks like it is stuck in the 90s. 

As far as the fake out, I'm guessing  they let the hoes  decide if they want an outside shot of their building or just a rando shot of any building. It could potentially be a security risk to show the outside, as crazy people might show up and wait for them. I know on BH someone figured out that the outside shot of Gigi's apartment was not really her building at all. 

I want to know how Dorinda ended up rich. She doesn't seem like she comes from money.

Didn't Dorinda mention last year something about her grandfather making money and she is well off because of it?

I don't remember but I really don't care for her or her boyfriend.

The person I hate the most is Bethany. What a vile woman. They should give her a show called I Know It All And I Hate Everybody. NO one is as perfect as she is. Essentially she got lucky pimping herself out meeting the right people and coming up with a product that got sold for millions of dollars. If she didn't have the money  she would still be a working stiff just like the rest of the New Yorkers she seems to hate on. 

****I found this article that explains each girl's said worth.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/76296-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-cast-ranked-by-net-worth-because-money-cant-buy-you

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4

As far as the fake out, I'm guessing  they let the hoes  decide if they want an outside shot of their building or just a rando shot of any building. It could potentially be a security risk to show the outside, as crazy people might show up and wait for them. 

I think the building owners or co-op board also have a say, and have refused to allow exterior shots to be used in the past -- both for the security reasons you mentioned and because they don't want paparazzi hanging around outside or Housewife fans gawping about.