Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Exactly, someone could have easily had done that. It makes no sense that no one did.

I still find it comical that Jess then went all the way back in season 4 to get his car back when the damn thing was crap. Plus, he lived fine without it for almost a year and then he WANTS it back. Why didn't he just take the stupid thing with him. If he could afford bus fair, why not just drive there to Venice? 

Edited by readster
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, readster said:

I still find it comical that Jess then went all the way back in season 4 to get his car back when the damn thing was crap. Plus, he lived fine without it for almost a year and then he WANTS it back. Why didn't he just take the stupid thing with him. If he could afford bus fair, why not just drive there to Venice? 

Good question. Jess could have just driving off to Venice. Also why is his car still crap? What was he blowing all his Walmart checks on?  

2 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

😆 I think that’s the autocorrect for synagogue 

Ok but in what context does that make sense? I’m confused.

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Ok but in what context does that make sense? I’m confused.

The ordinal quote from the post was, “Even more, home visits were most common those days and AS-P hammered it into our heads this town was so small the church/cetigog were the same place.“.
There was a scene where Rev. Skinner had to hurry and finish his service because it was the Rabbi’s turn to use the space for his prayer service.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

The ordinal quote from the post was, “Even more, home visits were most common those days and AS-P hammered it into our heads this town was so small the church/cetigog were the same place.“.
There was a scene where Rev. Skinner had to hurry and finish his service because it was the Rabbi’s turn to use the space for his prayer service.

I think Gam was asking about the word cetigog being autocorrected in. Is that even a real word? LOL. I've never heard it if it is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Yep and also me making the point about how "small" Stars Hollow was suppose to be. Of course the way Taylor would spend money like crazy on events in the town, I'm surprised it never went bankrupt. 

• Love 3
(edited)

So I’m working my way through season 3 (I save these for when I am on the treadmill) and...

1) Christopher is one self-obsessed human being. He’s going to marry pregnant Sherrie but, “that’s not what I want!!!!” He sounds exactly like a toddler, not a grown-ass man. Oh, and BTW, pal, I’m pretty sure you had a little something to do with that pregnancy, so stop acting like it somehow happened without you being there. Blech.*

2) Jess. Mostly I hate Jess because of how Rory acts because of his existence, which isn’t his fault, but the way he mouths off to Luke about being “a golden retriever” is pretty damned snotty for a kid whom Luke is feeding, housing and employing AND who let him come back after being such a punk the first stint.

3) Lane makes me sad. Her mother controlling her isn’t even funny anymore...it’s just creepy.

4) Rory. What happened to you? You were such a sweet, grounded kid.

5) Thank goodness for Michel and Paris...they never disappoint!

* Oh, and how could I forget...by all means, dump it on Lorelai to “tell Rory” that her father’s promise that they would be a family was all “oops, guess not.” Then Christopher has the stones to crash Friday dinner with a terminal case of the PutUpons because neither Lorelai or Rory are returning his phone calls? He’s an ass.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So I’m working my way through season 3 (I save these for when I am on the treadmill) and...

1) Christopher is one self-obsessed human being. He’s going to marry pregnant Sherrie but, “that’s not what I want!!!!” He sounds exactly like a toddler, not a grown-ass man. Oh, and BTW, pal, I’m pretty sure you had a little something to do with that pregnancy, so stop acting like it somehow happened without you being there. Blech.*

2) Jess. Mostly I hate Jess because of how Rory acts because of his existence, which isn’t his fault, but the way he mouths off to Luke about being “a golden retriever” is pretty damned snotty for a kid whom Luke is feeding, housing and employing AND who let him come back after being such a punk the first stint.

3) Lane makes me sad. Her mother controlling her isn’t even funny anymore...it’s just creepy.

4) Rory. What happened to you? You were such a sweet, grounded kid.

5) Thank goodness for Michel and Paris...they never disappoint!

* Oh, and how could I forget...by all means, dump it on Lorelai to “tell Rory” that her father’s promise that they would be a family was all “oops, guess not.” Then Christopher has the stones to crash Friday dinner with a terminal case of the PutUpons because neither Lorelai or Rory are returning his phone calls? He’s an ass.

One of Emily's finer moments when she told him to GTFO.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
47 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

One of Emily's finer moments when she told him to GTFO.

That was great...I just wish I believed that Feckless Christopher won’t be back in the Gilmores’ good graces sooner or later. Why they continue to think he’s fabulous makes no sense to me. 

Edited by Oldernowiser
Plural possessive. I think.
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It's those good bloodlines. Like a poodle.

Oy, with the poodles already! (Had to go there...) That gene pool is clearly getting a tad shallow.

So it finally hit me...Christopher looks like a young John Stamos. But without the sincerity.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

So Luke finding out that Mr. Too-Cool-for-School was working at Wally World made my WEEK. I enjoyed it almost as much as Luke!!!

Oh but the best part of that exchange -

LUKE: Jess, are you a gigolo?!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I've had season 3 (Netflix) on in the background the past couple of days and something just lept out at me (please forgive me if this has already been discussed in this, or any of the other GG topics).

It has to do with the timeline leading up to Rory applying for, and subsequently being denied, financial aid for Yale due to the $75,000 given to Lorelai by Richard.

Rory receives her Harvard application and lunches with Darren Springsteen. He tells Rory at the end of the episode he's going to contact the Harvard admissions committee and to "pack her bags" (S3/E3). This would indicate Rory had already completed her Harvard application and sent it in.

Rory admits to having applied to Yale, and other schools (S3/E9).

Rory receives acceptance letters from Harvard, Yale, and Princeton (S3/E16).

Lorelai receives 75,000 from Richard and pays back her parents for Chilton tuition (S3/E18).

Lorelai receives denial of financial aid for Rory from Yale (S3/E21).

Here's the problem:

The FAFSA and College Scholarship Service (CSS) profile would have been submitted well before Rory was accepted, and would have been based on Lorelai's tax return the previous year and any assets she had at the time she completed the forms. 

Less than one week elapsed between the time Lorelai received the $75,000.00 from Richard and the time she returned a substantial portion of it back to them to repay them for Rory's tuition at Chilton.

So Yale wouldn't have known about the $75,000.00 at the time they processed Rory's application for financial aid for her freshman year, and thus could not have denied her financial aid because of it.

The $75,000 would be reflected on Lorelai's tax return when applying for financial aid for Rory's sophomore year - but the section about her assets would show what was remaining after paying back her parents (and anything else she'd spent of it).

The point being, that $75,000 would not have affected Rory's ability to qualify for financial aid at all, in any of her four years at Yale.

Right?

Or am I missing something?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I've had season 3 (Netflix) on in the background the past couple of days and something just lept out at me (please forgive me if this has already been discussed in this, or any of the other GG topics).

It has to do with the timeline leading up to Rory applying for, and subsequently being denied, financial aid for Yale due to the $75,000 given to Lorelai by Richard.

Rory receives her Harvard application and lunches with Darren Springsteen. He tells Rory at the end of the episode he's going to contact the Harvard admissions committee and to "pack her bags" (S3/E3). This would indicate Rory had already completed her Harvard application and sent it in.

Rory admits to having applied to Yale, and other schools (S3/E9).

Rory receives acceptance letters from Harvard, Yale, and Princeton (S3/E16).

Lorelai receives 75,000 from Richard and pays back her parents for Chilton tuition (S3/E18).

Lorelai receives denial of financial aid for Rory from Yale (S3/E21).

Here's the problem:

The FAFSA and College Scholarship Service (CSS) profile would have been submitted well before Rory was accepted, and would have been based on Lorelai's tax return the previous year and any assets she had at the time she completed the forms. 

Less than one week elapsed between the time Lorelai received the $75,000.00 from Richard and the time she returned a substantial portion of it back to them to repay them for Rory's tuition at Chilton.

So Yale wouldn't have known about the $75,000.00 at the time they processed Rory's application for financial aid for her freshman year, and thus could not have denied her financial aid because of it.

The $75,000 would be reflected on Lorelai's tax return when applying for financial aid for Rory's sophomore year - but the section about her assets would show what was remaining after paying back her parents (and anything else she'd spent of it).

The point being, that $75,000 would not have affected Rory's ability to qualify for financial aid at all, in any of her four years at Yale.

Right?

Or am I missing something?

What you're missing is applying real life logic to GG, especially when it comes to money. The Palladinos use whatever financial circumstance that fits their plot du jour.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

What you're missing is applying real life logic to GG, especially when it comes to money. The Palladinos use whatever financial circumstance that fits their plot du jour.

Exactly. That whole situation makes zero sense. ZERO. SENSE.

And I can attest from personal experience, even when you "come into" $75,000 (hubby sold a piece of inherited land for that amount a couple of years ago that was in his name - even though he split the money with his siblings - so we had to claim it on our taxes) even in a comparable tax bracket to Lorelai's, it really doesn't make that much difference in your tax returns or qualifications for financial aid. So the whole situation really was ridiculous on every level.

• Love 4

Rewatch:  As a now 40 year old woman I LOVE Luke's rant at Jess.  "I'm employee of the month, the year, the century, of the UNIVERSE!  You should be so lucky to have a job like mine!"  

GG has a tendency to be so shallow...ONLY Ivy League schools matter, Public schools are for morons....  I was just so glad Luke got his "Mike Rowe" moment.  He should be proud of the business he built on his own, and Jess constantly shitting on him was foul.  

I like Jess after S6, but he was a jackhole to Luke.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Meow25 said:

Rewatch:  As a now 40 year old woman I LOVE Luke's rant at Jess.  "I'm employee of the month, the year, the century, of the UNIVERSE!  You should be so lucky to have a job like mine!"  

GG has a tendency to be so shallow...ONLY Ivy League schools matter, Public schools are for morons....  I was just so glad Luke got his "Mike Rowe" moment.  He should be proud of the business he built on his own, and Jess constantly shitting on him was foul.  

I like Jess after S6, but he was a jackhole to Luke.  

Luke pretty much told Jess: "You think this job is the best ever, sorry, but it's not! You can finish school still, then move out and then go for it!" Instead Jess acted like everything was stupid, he knew better and then look what happened. Outside an off hand comment, Jess was a drop out that apparently got his GED at some point. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, readster said:

Luke pretty much told Jess: "You think this job is the best ever, sorry, but it's not! You can finish school still, then move out and then go for it!" Instead Jess acted like everything was stupid, he knew better and then look what happened. Outside an off hand comment, Jess was a drop out that apparently got his GED at some point. 

Pretty typical for teenagers to think they know more than adults. Jess got wiser once he was out in the world.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Pretty typical for teenagers to think they know more than adults. Jess got wiser once he was out in the world.

Yes, that felt realistic, of course many other teens realize when your car doesn't run and you have been living fine without it for 8 months. Usually you don't just magically go try and get it and then try to get it to run and then basically say the hell with it the next time anyone sees you. I get that it was just an excuse to get Jess back on the show, but it was SO STUPID!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, readster said:

Yes, that felt realistic, of course many other teens realize when your car doesn't run and you have been living fine without it for 8 months. Usually you don't just magically go try and get it and then try to get it to run and then basically say the hell with it the next time anyone sees you. I get that it was just an excuse to get Jess back on the show, but it was SO STUPID!

Jess was really put through the ringer after he left for California. Self-imposed, of course, but whatever pain he went through there helped him get back to New York. He was more hardened when he arrived for Liz' wedding, but he dared to ask (badly, given Rory's response) for what he wanted. 
Afterwards he was significantly more mature. Wouldn't have minded seeing Rory develop in a similar way.

• Love 3

Self-imposed, of course, but whatever pain he went through there helped him get back to New York. 

I'm not sure how self imposed it was. Jess was blamed for wrecking Rory's car and breaking her wrist but it wasn't his fault. He swerved to avoid hitting an animal and everyone was like "Oh poor, sainted Rory was messed up by Satan himself!" And then Luke kicked him out. He went to his father who was biggest asshole loser I've ever seen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm not sure how self imposed it was. Jess was blamed for wrecking Rory's car and breaking her wrist but it wasn't his fault. He swerved to avoid hitting an animal and everyone was like "Oh poor, sainted Rory was messed up by Satan himself!" And then Luke kicked him out. He went to his father who was biggest asshole loser I've ever seen.

I think Jess was villified too much over the accident, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it definitely was  not at all his fault.  He was eating an ice cream cone while driving (with Rory's consent) and even asked Rory to take the wheel at one point.  Not safe driving practices.

But, not, that does not make him the villain the entire town made him out to be.  It was still an accident.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

I think Jess was villified too much over the accident, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it definitely was  not at all his fault.  He was eating an ice cream cone while driving (with Rory's consent) and even asked Rory to take the wheel at one point.  Not safe driving practices.

But, not, that does not make him the villain the entire town made him out to be.  It was still an accident.

Agreed.

• Love 1

The car accident wasn’t necessarily his fault. All the other punk bullshit...stealing stuff, torturing Dean for fun, being a creep-ass boyfriend to Rory, and worse, being a complete asshole to Luke, who took him in, fed him, and gave him a job...if he hadn’t been such a smarmy little thug asshole, the town might not have been so judgmental about the accident.

He earned what he got. And I believe that if Rory hadn’t been the Stars Hollow Princess he never would have pursued her in the first place. He was dying to deflower the Stars Hollow good girl because it was a giant middle finger to the town.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

The car accident wasn’t necessarily his fault. All the other punk bullshit...stealing stuff, torturing Dean for fun, being a creep-ass boyfriend to Rory, and worse, being a complete asshole to Luke, who took him in, fed him, and gave him a job...if he hadn’t been such a smarmy little thug asshole, the town might not have been so judgmental about the accident.

He earned what he got. And I believe that if Rory hadn’t been the Stars Hollow Princess he never would have pursued her in the first place. He was dying to deflower the Stars Hollow good girl because it was a giant middle finger to the town.

Don't forget using a girl to make Rory jealous so Dean would break up with her. Then add in all his skipping school, then telling the principal he was wrong. Convincing the Walmart manager he was good and true and "didn't have to worry about school" because it was "Mickey Mouse Stuff". Jess at times really lived in a different reality and when things went wrong, people jumped on him like was a demon spawn, but then again. Look how he reacted or DID things. Being a book reader did not make him "endearing" as the Ps tried to make him out as.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

And I believe that if Rory hadn’t been the Stars Hollow Princess he never would have pursued her in the first place. He was dying to deflower the Stars Hollow good girl because it was a giant middle finger to the town.

Nah, I disagree. And it's not just because I like Jess, LOL. He showed interest in her the first time he met her, and he hadn't known her long enough to know she was the town princess at all at that point.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Nah, I disagree. And it's not just because I like Jess, LOL. He showed interest in her the first time he met her, and he hadn't known her long enough to know she was the town princess at all at that point.

Fair enough. Let’s just say it would have been an extra added bonus...and yet he failed while the dumped and married Dean “succeeded”...and then that idiot decision pretty much blew up Dean’s life.

Honestly, ASP is kinda dark and twisted for what on the surface is a fluffy, feel-good kind of show.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Interesting perspective. I hadn't included the car accident at all as his fault. 

He did make an agreement with Luke to stay in school or leave, and he broke that by choice. He also blew his savings on the trip to California, so part of his poverty is his fault. Yet he came back and dared to tell Rory he loved her. And after that he grew even more.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I was a lot like Jess when I was a teen. I wasn't angry like he was and I didn't mouth off to adults but I was a wild child and had many scrapes before I got hip to myself. I sympathize with him. If I had had parents like his instead of the loving albeit mostly absent parents I had, I hate to think of the shit I would have pulled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Anyone else have random scenes from the show pop into your head from time to time for no reason? Today the FND scene from ADFKT popped into my head, specifically when Natalie said all serious and deep that Thanksgiving was about giving thanks, and I sat in here by myself and laughed for a good five minutes. Like wow, Nats, thanks for giving us that profound insight there. LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Anyone else have random scenes from the show pop into your head from time to time for no reason? Today the FND scene from ADFKT popped into my head, specifically when Natalie said all serious and deep that Thanksgiving was about giving thanks, and I sat in here by myself and laughed for a good five minutes. Like wow, Nats, thanks for giving us that profound insight there. LOL.

Who was Natalie?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, yeah. I thought she was alright.

Yeah, out of the elder Gilmore's group she was one of the more relatable people, IMO. She was snobby but not OTT about it. Just the way she said "It's about giving thanks..." like it was some deep, spiritual insight which most people can't grasp just cracks me up.

• LOL 4

New watcher.  In fact I've never even heard of the show.  I guess I was too busy in the early 2000's to watch TV.  Anyway I just started Season 3.  I'm hate-Lorelai-binge watching but I'm definitely hooked and glad I am not too busy to watch. 

Thoughts so far:  Can one of you Gilmore-philes please explain to me why Rory needs to go to Harvard and why Lorelai is so adamant about it?  Is it because she picked it for her when she was young to go against her father?  That's the impression I get since everything is about Lorelai as far as she is concerned.  I can't believe she didn't think of back up application.

So far there's too much Sookie.  I'm not a fan of Melissa McCarthy and her antics are too OTT for me.

I'm very glad that Rory and Dean finally broke up.  It must be hard in that small town to move on though.  I feel sorry for Dean.  Everybody knows everybody.  That said..I love all of the townies..especially Kirk.  I loved the egging of Jess's car.  I hated that Lorelai was forced to go to the baby shower and of course she had to act all babyish and mess up the bathroom.

As far as the deposition I can't believe Emily would allow Lorelai to go even near taking a deposition.  Lorelai thinks she is so cute yet she comes off as so immature and never takes anything seriously.

What's with Dean's little sister Clara?  She looks like a small adult..but acts like a kid.  Right?

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Thoughts so far:  Can one of you Gilmore-philes please explain to me why Rory needs to go to Harvard and why Lorelai is so adamant about it?  Is it because she picked it for her when she was young to go against her father?  That's the impression I get since everything is about Lorelai as far as she is concerned.  I can't believe she didn't think of back up application.

Probably. LOL. Supposedly it was Rory's dream and she has wanted to go to Harvard ever since she was a toddler. Um, okay.

9 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

So far there's too much Sookie.  I'm not a fan of Melissa McCarthy and her antics are too OTT for me.

This makes me sad. Sookie is one of my favorite characters throughout! Ah, well.

10 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

That said..I love all of the townies..especially Kirk.  I loved the egging of Jess's car.  I hated that Lorelai was forced to go to the baby shower and of course she had to act all babyish and mess up the bathroom.

Totally agree. "Someone prepared deviled eggs to throw at my car?" "That is paprika." Ha!

11 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Lorelai thinks she is so cute yet she comes off as so immature and never takes anything seriously.

Lord, yes.

• Love 4

I'm with you. She irritates the hell out of me. I don't find her funny. At all. And for such a "fabulous" cook, she doesn't know anything about cooking.

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of Sookie because I cannot stand Melissa McCarthy.  I don't think she's funny at all.  Her character in GG is so over the top that it is overwhelming to me.

As an aside...I cannot stand stupid or annoying characters on TV or the movies, I.e., Homer Simpson or Will Farrell in Elf. 

• Love 1

One has to keep in mind who the creator and showrunner of GG is - ASP. It's obvious to me that ASP and her husband know nothing about cooking. ASP knew what she wanted the characters in GG to be and do. I've read the filming was exhausting for the actors as ASP required multiple retakes until they did what was in her head to a tee. I've said previously, I got hooked on the rapid fire dialogue and also the cultural references. I've watched every episode, with the exception of Season 7, at least 20 times. There are some very good scenes and shows in this series. Overall, it is a well done show that I love.

• Love 4

I just finished the ones with the birth of Georgia and the flashbacks to Rory's birth.  I didn't think young Lorelai/Chris looked or reminded me of them at all.  They did well showing Emily and Richard really looking younger.

I love that Luke had a date and looked actually normal.  Jess saying he was going out for an hour was really funny.

I like that Lorelai brought over the DVD player for Emily.

I felt so bad for Lorelai at the hospital when Chris was over the moon about his new baby.  She shouldn't have had to be there.

The flashbacks did at least answer some questions.  Emily was/is so high maintenance so it explains a little bit of why Lorelai is how she is. 

What's with new boyfriend Alex's hair?  Wowsa!!!

You know my most favorite thing about this show?  The fact that they don't dwell on a scene long enough for us to get bored.  Like Miss Patty's private show.  They show just enough to keep us interested.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 3

Ah, yes. I remember way back when I found all of the townspeople quirky and charming. I believe it was July...

If you’re like me, there will come a time when all you want in life is to drop-kick Kirk from appearing in every other damned scene, lock Taylor in his soda parlor until he dies, and drive Jess to the town line, smack him in his sneering face, and tell him never to come back. 

I still like Miss Patty, Babette, Gypsy, and Lane. Probably because they’re not in every single episode twelve times. The Palladinos have a real problem with finding a successful shtick and then beating it to death, resurrecting it, and then beating you over the head with it some more.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, NYGirl said:

New watcher.  In fact I've never even heard of the show.  I guess I was too busy in the early 2000's to watch TV.  Anyway I just started Season 3.  I'm hate-Lorelai-binge watching but I'm definitely hooked and glad I am not too busy to watch. 

I'm very glad that Rory and Dean finally broke up.  It must be hard in that small town to move on though.  I feel sorry for Dean.  Everybody knows everybody.  That said..I love all of the townies..especially Kirk.  I loved the egging of Jess's car.  I hated that Lorelai was forced to go to the baby shower and of course she had to act all babyish and mess up the bathroom.

As far as the deposition I can't believe Emily would allow Lorelai to go even near taking a deposition.  Lorelai thinks she is so cute yet she comes off as so immature and never takes anything seriously.

What's with Dean's little sister Clara?  She looks like a small adult..but acts like a kid.  Right?

I think to understand the Harvard / Lorelai thing, you have to look at the character, family relationships, and other things.  It isn't so much that she cares that she goes to Harvard and doesn't want Rory to go where she really wants.  It is because that is something that Rory wanted her whole life, and they shared that dream together.  Keep in mind Lorelai was very young when she had Rory so they grew up together and are sort of a pair.  So when Rory all of the sudden starts mentioning other schools out of the blue, and didn't share that with Lorelai, she felt very left out, especially because her parents were finding out something the same time she was.  That was enough to make her very hurt, and and when she is hurt she reacts.

I know Lorelai isn't perfect, but I really think you might enjoy the show as a whole more if you look at her more as a whole and not so much each and every time you might find her annoying.  I don't know how to explain it, and I know there are a few that don't like Lorelai, but liking Lorelai and trying to understand her motives and enjoying the positive parts of her character are key to enjoying the show at a higher level, imo.  It doesn't mean she doesn't frustrate me at times, but there are many times she is a really great person.  

As for Sookie there are times she is annoying, but she is also a great character at times, and she does add to the show, imo.  I am not a Melissa M fan but this is one of the few places I like her.  

2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

One has to keep in mind who the creator and showrunner of GG is - ASP. It's obvious to me that ASP and her husband know nothing about cooking. ASP knew what she wanted the characters in GG to be and do. I've read the filming was exhausting for the actors as ASP required multiple retakes until they did what was in her head to a tee. I've said previously, I got hooked on the rapid fire dialogue and also the cultural references. I've watched every episode, with the exception of Season 7, at least 20 times. There are some very good scenes and shows in this series. Overall, it is a well done show that I love.

Agreed.  This show has so many gems in each episode.  Even Season 7 has some great moments after the Lorelai / Christopher episodes in the beginning.

• Love 2

I know Lorelai isn't perfect, but I really think you might enjoy the show as a whole more if you look at her more as a whole and not so much each and every time you might find her annoying.  I don't know how to explain it, and I know there are a few that don't like Lorelai, but liking Lorelai and trying to understand her motives and enjoying the positive parts of her character are key to enjoying the show at a higher level, imo.  It doesn't mean she doesn't frustrate me at times, but there are many times she is a really great person.  

One of her positive qualities is she's a really good friend. Anytime anybody needs anything she will come running to help out. She's a good community member, she helps with every event. She is a good customer. She is so sweet to Lane. She has may positive qualities. She is also pretty screwed up, like most of us.

• Love 6

I agree with you about Lorelai.  You must notice that I only complain about Lorelai when she annoys me, meaning about 40% of the time she doesn't annoy me... hard to explain.

I'm in the middle of the Poes and the fire and I can't believe Lorelai has no place to sleep and actually goes over to Lukes.  Luke and her are a real head scratcher to me.  I still think she knows he cares for her yet just takes advantage of the situation.  I do notice that both Lorelai and Rory get jealous when they see either their exes or Luke with another woman.  It's so obvious.

I also can't believe how Sookie and staff just took over Luke's for breakfast.  That was so very rude. 

OMG about Kirk...I did like him and I laugh when we see him but geez he does every single job in town.  Luke is wondering how Jess works 40 hours a week and goes to school and works at Lukes..what about Kirk?  Working at least 3-4 jobs a day I see.

I am biased on Sookie because of her OTT acting and the fact that I don't like Melissa Mc.  

Emily had me laughing out loud in the episode with Trix. 

Wow... Yale??????  Now that's a shock!! 

What the hell happened to Paris?  Then she plays that tape of her interview and yikes.

The inn?  wow!!!

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, NYGirl said:

I love that Luke had a date and looked actually normal.  Jess saying he was going out for an hour was really funny

Ha! That scene makes me laugh so hard. 

JESS: I know. I’m just gonna go out for about an hour.

LUKE: Where?

JESS: Out.

LUKE: Out where?

JESS: Out for about an hour.

LUKE: What are you talking about?

JESS: I’m talking about going out for about an hour. What – you need more time?

And then Luke bonks him on the head when they're outside. LOLOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2