Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Nailed

• Start Topic

How great was Banks in the post hijack scenes? He was walking tall, glowing and confident, enough to inspire a waitress to make a pass at him, and fully enjoying when she did. And then, when he learned about the Good Samaritan, he just deflates. So good.

During the bar scene, I wondered how many times we saw Mike smile like that in BB?  Not many, for sure.

Honestly, I think that I will be disappointed if they rush the emergence of Saul.  I am very, very happy to spend another couple of season with Jimmy and his pals.

Agree completely.  I would have disagreed with you at the end of last season, but now I'm hooked into Jimmy's and Kim's and Chuck's and Mike's stories.  I don't need to see Saul any time soon. 

All of the discussion upthread about Ernesto maybe being the connection between Jimmy/Saul and Gus Fring,and that Saul really didn't know Fring that well,  made me realize that I've been mistaken about that.  I remembered it differently than it actually happened, and I had to look it up:

Saul:  Let’s just say I know a guy who knows a guy, who knows another guy. Let me make some calls – see if I can get a meeting.”

Walt:  “What’s his name?”

Saul, back at his desk: “I have no idea. He’s very low profile – he’s careful like that. From what I do hear about him, he sounds a little like you.”

I would have bet  that Saul and Fring had a closer business relationship than they really did.  Huh.  I guess it's been awhile.

• Love 1

True enough, and I think therefore that Jimmy is in for some consequences, too. 

Pretty sure 'Jimmy/Saul' ending up as Gene the Schleb running the Cinnebon in Omaha is a pretty bleak consequence for all we have seen, and will see on this ride.

/Poor Gene.

• Love 3

Pretty sure 'Jimmy/Saul' ending up as Gene the Schleb running the Cinnebon in Omaha is a pretty bleak consequence for all we have seen, and will see on this ride.

/Poor Gene.

Jimmy loves to break the rules and think outside the box and that is why the cushy big law job was not for him.

In his current existence, he can not even call for help when he accidentally locks himself in the back alley, for fear that someone will recognize him.  It really must be hell for him.

Also, Walt, despite his faults had a family that loved him very much.  To me it seems like all Jimmy had was Saul by the end of BB. 

• Love 6
During the bar scene, I wondered how many times we saw Mike smile like that in BB?  Not many, for sure.

Right? That smile was everything! I absolutely loved that scene, because we got to see a Mike who wasn't totally hardened yet. 

• Love 1

Jimmy loves to break the rules and think outside the box and that is why the cushy big law job was not for him.

In his current existence, he can not even call for help when he accidentally locks himself in the back alley, for fear that someone will recognize him.  It really must be hell for him.

Also, Walt, despite his faults had a family that loved him very much.  To me it seems like all Jimmy had was Saul by the end of BB. 

Cinnabon Jimmy makes me sad.  All the life is deflated right out of him....just like his muse...inflatable man

• Love 5

Agree completely.  I would have disagreed with you at the end of last season, but now I'm hooked into Jimmy's and Kim's and Chuck's and Mike's stories.  I don't need to see Saul any time soon. 

Mike's story is a BB story though.  What would this show be like with only Kim and Chuck and the Ken Doll, Howard?

/Poor Gene.

Yeah, by the time he gets to Omaha, he is the author of his own misery, and his brilliance has failed him.  I was talking more about the consequence for his forgery cover-up -- he's going to have to feel a pretty deep level of guilt given what we have seen about his relationship with Chuck so far. 

• Love 3

Speaking of details, how perfect was it that when Chuck saw the number 1216, he would associate it to the year before the Magna Carta?  That is so Chuck.

Given Chuck's Chuckness, I was disappointed when he said, "1216 Rosella Drive... that's just one year after 1215, the year the Magna Carta was signed".

The Magna Carta was sealed, not signed.

I'd think Chuck would know that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2016 at 10:21 PM, Irlandesa said:

Maybe.  I think we did see a bit of her desperation in the fact that she knows what Jimmy did but is consoling herself with the fact that there is no evidence he did that.  If she had evidence, she'd have to turn him in.  But she is wrong in saying that Chuck made him the way he is.  He was this way as a con man.  And while Chuck went about it the wrong way, I think we and Kim are going to see why Chuck was right to be wary of Jimmy working at HHM.  We've already seen him as an ill fit with Davis & Main.  And his way of doing business is likely going to have negative consequences on Kim. 

Maybe it's my mood and I have hated Chuck before but in this episode, it was Jimmy who drew my ire. 

Agree. I see many comments to the effect that Jimmy does these things because of Chuck, but we're seeing now that, back to childhood, Jimmy had a dishonest streak. Even a couple of episodes ago, we saw that Jimmy couldn't stand it when he had a straightforward job on the partner track. 

It's bad when I'm agreeing with Chuck.

• Love 1