Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Miss Domesticated

• Start Topic

Yeah, that's the likely explanation why she doesn't go to court.  I think Patricia was right about these 2.  They're morons.  Oh, and they're both nuts.  Duh, right?  Still, who knows what could happen with these 2?  Maybe they might surprise everyone & get married -- and then separate 3 seconds later.

Btw, Thomas, keep the shirt on.  It's surprising that for a hard boozer (I'm assuming), at 54, he doesn't look like a wreck.  Maybe he's about 5 minutes away from looking like a wreck.  But his body looks like shit.  At least dudes get the benefit, women don't usually have (especially at the beach & in the summer or in hot climes).  Guys can keep it covered.  Um, ya might wanna to stick to keeping it covered, Thomas.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I feel bad for Kathryn, not Thomas. What is wrong with him? He´s so old and sad. He should treat his daughter better than to badmouth her young mother all around town and on tv. Just provide for them and enjoy having a gorgeous child to raise. If he was nice to Kathryn there is no way she´d be "keeping his daughter away" from him. Poor girl is pregnant again by an immature, old man. The only thing he has to offer her, if he doesn´t want to marry her, is his money, sad but true, and it can actually make all of their lives pretty cosy. He also need to talk to her, be clear about what he wants and not put her in situations he knows she won´t like, just so he can go cry about how she took his baby away, like it looks like he´ll be doing next week. They´re both such drama queens and I understand hbic Patricia when it comes to those two. But Thomas has to take more responsibility for his "family" situation.

I don´t really get all the breaking of girl code references or how Kathryn is supposedly just to slutty, I mean is that compared to women of the south in general? It can´t be compared to her co-stars on the show, unless there´s a different line for what is acceptable between the sexes. I know there is, but it needs to be a big gap since Shep and Thomas have hundreds more slut points than her, I´m sure.

I´m not charmed by Cameron this time around, she´s too exaggerated with the clueless around the kitchen part. Tone it down and it might be believable.

Shep was back to his old charming and lovable self. I´m loving the new Craig.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 3

Is it possible that somewhere in her brain, Kathryn is STILL hoping for a ring? After all, I was shocked ( and trust me, I'm not even a little bit suprised by most of what goes on with these "reality" shows) to randomly come across the news a few months back that these two had a second child. Last I'd heard, they had broken up. Hmm.

I don't think Kathryn would even mind Thomas' ridiculous behavior that much if she had the "wife" status. And maybe, just maybe, she's hesitant to rock the boat too much in hopes that it could still happen.

Yes, I wholeheartedly believe that she still thinks they'll get married eventually. I mean, at least at this stage of as-seen-on-TV. I don't know whether Saint's conception was the last time they were together or they've continued these whirlwind on-again for a minute, off again in a blaze of hellfire patterns. But it appears that they can't quit each other for as much as they both realize they SHOULDN'T be together, I still think they want to be together.

• Love 2

I hate when serious plot lines take over my escapes (Kim Richards, anyone?).

And because of that, I hate Thomas and Katherine having kids. Keep this fun and light hearted you asshats. I don't want to see sweet, innocent babies.

• Love 4

I believe Kathryn has said that Thomas doesn't show up when he is suppose to. He was going to get th kids over Valentine's Day weekend, but he ditched them by going to Washington, DC with the new blonde. She has also said through comments via Instagram and Twitter that he only wants the kids when it is convenient for him and I can totally see that.

However, I don't get why she doesn't take him to court to get child support and a set visitation. By doing so, it protects the whole situation and leaves a paper trail for his failures (not paying and not showing up). I think in some ways she is afraid to leave the kids with Thomas and she is afraid for him to get visitation period or she is afraid that he will make a smear campaign of her in court and he will be granted the 50/50 custody that he wants.

• Love 3

On other note, I have so obviously set the bar far too low for myself in life.   I should have aimed to be a grand dame of the South, pushing an infant hedgehog around in a baby carriage, and tossing out well deserved barbs to drunken idiots.    

HOW has no drag queen discovered Patricia yet? She would make an amazing old-school drag character. You can even have a drag king playing Whitney, her creepy Norman Bates son. Where's Charles Busch when you need him?

• Love 5

Just because Kathryn and Thomas haven't "been to court" doesn't mean they don't have a negotiated agreement. They've both said their attorneys were in negotiations a year ago. I believe they have a signed agreement based on SC guidelines. You don't have to drag everybody in front of a judge in order to negotiate an agreement. Kathryn probably understands she won't win any attempts to get more.

If they have an agreement, and Thomas  breaks it egregiously, then she can pursue that. She may be exaggerating about him not honoring a child support agreement, because there are federal child support enforcement guidelines that apply to every state. The US Department of Justice has the Office of Child Support Enforcement. I would think that if he ignored his obligations, she would be all over him.

• Love 3

She may be exaggerating about him not honoring a child support agreement, because there are federal child support enforcement guidelines that apply to every state. The US Department of Justice has the Office of Child Support Enforcement.

And yet people don't pay child support all the time. Even rich people!

I unabashedly love this show. It's the only Bravo reality show that I am truly entertained by.

Now, I am a bit ashamed to admit how much I like the Kathryn/Craig friendship. 

• Love 2

Just because Kathryn and Thomas haven't "been to court" doesn't mean they don't have a negotiated agreement. They've both said their attorneys were in negotiations a year ago. I believe they have a signed agreement based on SC guidelines. You don't have to drag everybody in front of a judge in order to negotiate an agreement. Kathryn probably understands she won't win any attempts to get more.

If they have an agreement, and Thomas breaks it egregiously, then she can pursue that. She may be exaggerating about him not honoring a child support agreement, because there are federal child support enforcement guidelines that apply to every state. The US Department of Justice has the Office of Child Support Enforcement. I would think that if he ignored his obligations, she would be all over him.

Unfortunately, that can sometimes mean very little. My father owed my mom $18,000 (more I believe) in child support and always bailed on my pick up times. Most of the time he never showed up. My mom went through the courts to get his checks garnished and even lessen the payments so she was able to get something, but they never did a thing except put him in jail repeatedly. It never changed the situation because custody was never eliminated nor was payments.

As far as I know from both Kathryn and Thomas's Twitter rants, there are no agreements drawn up at all. According to Thomas, Kayhryn never responds to his drawn up agreements and according to Kathryn, she didn't know of these agreements. It is a circus.

• Love 5

I work in development in the non for profit world.  This year, several people donated their drink and paint by vocal instruction treasures for selling and assigned values of $100+ to their gift.  I was horrified.

Sigh. The "special snowflake" generation is coming of age. I'm actually raising four of them myself. I try to instill healthy self esteem without providing unrealistic expectations. Some of the parents (and it's mostly mothers) are insane in their promotion of their kids. I mean, every kid IS special, and every kid IS good at something. But it can't be every fucking thing they do. Interestingly, the teachers seem to follow the parents' lead, and also promote the same kids over and over again. I think some of them are scared of the obnoxious parents (or probably weary of dealing with them).

If Kathryn really wanted to secure her future (get money for a leisurely life), she'd do two things.

First, get a mediator, and work out a generous deal with Thomas. By law he may not have to give her much, but the girl is nothing if not manipulative, and I'm sure she could get something in writing that would provide continued, generous support.

Second, Patricia. Now her bridges are pretty well singed already, but she should have gotten on her good side. It's no question that Patricia is aching for grandchildren. If Kathryn was smart, she could have used her connection to Patricia via the show to get close. I bet Patricia would have rolled it out for her in exchange for continued access to Kensie (and now St. Julien).

• Love 1

I don't think Patricia would care about Kensie or Julien or about any children/grandchildren except her own. My parents have been aching for grandchildren for years, and nothing else is the same (except for their cat, to whom they refer to each other as grandparents, i.e., "Did Grandma give you a treat today?"  "Come here so Grandpa can brush you.")   My sister is expecting a baby soon, thank you Jesus!! (tm Melissa Gorga).  Patricia will just have to get another hedgehog.

• Love 4

Landon is the worst. Her snobbery and work-aversion is oppressive and that's saying something with this cast. Her unwillingness to "take a mundane job because that's what she's supposed to do" combined with her mocking the idea of Kathryn working for a living as a secretary last season (you know, like millions of other people who provide for their kids) makes me want to punch her in the face. You are not a special snowflake who is too good to *work* for money like the rest of us, Landon. It's called "work" for a reason. Seriously, she can go fuck herself.

• Love 5

Wait, wait, wait, I only caught this on my 4th viewing (I know I can say this here ONLY with zero judgements), but did Patricia say she has an intern?  Um, WTF?

A new form of free labor for the wealthy.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Whatever you don't stand between Patricia and her martini.

It was really sweet of her to have her butler help Cameron with the drinks,dinner and proper table setting. (For that reason alone I didn't use my aka for her this time around)

Patricia needs a thread of her own.

Patricia Altschul: She'll graciously cut you if you get between her and her martini.

Patricia Altschul: Martinis are my rose colored glasses.

Patricia Altschul: Martinis, kaftans, and gracious wise barbs.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Patricia needs a thread of her own.

Patricia Altschul: She'll graciously cut you if you get between her and her martini.

Patricia Altschul: Martinis are my rose colored glasses.

Patricia Altschul: Martinis, kaftans, and gracious wise barbs.

@OnceSane, can you get one going when you have time? :) Thanks

47 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I vote for putting the accent aigu over rose....

Ah, but she loves a "perfect Martini" dry apparently, and those aren't pink.

The first thread war can be what constitutes a perfect Martini?  I'm a 3:1 with a twist girl myself,  

• Love 1

I'm a simple girl, Beefeaters London Dry with Noilly Prat, 3:1 stirred.  Up to 5:1 is acceptable. Occasionally  two olives, one for me and one to share.

Plymouth and Dolin are nice.  Gin and limes... pure heaven.... we won't go there.

You?

• Love 1

Bloom and Bluecoat.

But my Dad was a Beefeater man through and through.

I'm with my Dad with the Martini & Rossi.

My new favorite tonic recipe includes Lillet Blanc.  Delicious!

Thomas probably has that ridiculous $700 bottle.  Nolet's Reserve, that Kathryn probably drank with a straw.

Edited by bosawks
Needed something about the actual show in there...
On 4/12/2016 at 7:27 AM, chipsnsalsa said:

Carving knife = to carve = to cut. It's not hard. Lord, I hope she was playing up her kitchen ineptitude for the cameras.

Yeah, "the lady doth protest too much, methinks." She's not to the manor born, and she freely admits this, so all the histrionics with not even being able to operate the salt shaker made her look like a nitwit. I ordinarily like Cameran, but that was stupid. 

• Love 1