Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

In this episode, the mystery seemed like an afterthought. Maybe it's the relatively short length of the episode (only an hour, rather than 90+ minutes for Inspectors Morse/Lewis, Endeavor, Midsomer Murders etc.) but the solution this week seemed sort of slapped on. There was little in the episode to support the idea that the stepmom wanted to help the daughter, other than just human decency. As well as the twist that the other boarder was helping her.

That said I do like the series for the period details, and for its commentary (spoken and unspoken) on human weakness and frailty, that Sidney's calling allows the show to engage in.

• Love 3

I actually like the little sermon at the end, bringing the theme of the episode around to show that Sidney, and maybe some other characters, learned something. 

Hubs and I were cracking up at Sidney getting drunk with the murderess.  We were expecting it all to end with, "You're my new best friend." "No you're my best friend." "I love you, man." 

Dear Leonard, in love and terrified.

Dear Mrs. Maguire, having lunch with Dickens.

I don't know about Margaret. She won't give Mrs. Maguire the kindness of a respectful title.  And she doesn't wear stockings.  

• Love 8
I still hope that Amanda and Sidney are the eventual endgame,

The only way that could happen is if Guy dies, as the Anglican church doesn't allow remarriage when an ex-spouse is still alive. (That's one reason why Edward VIII had to abdicate, why Princess Anne had to remarry in Scotland in a Presbyterian church, and Charles and Camilla had a "blessing" instead of a more formal ceremony.) Especially when it's a vicar being married, the rules are going to be followed.

Guy is kind of a jerk, but I don't think he deserves to die to that Amanda can be happy.

• Love 6

As usual, I had to shake my head when Sidney turned his back on a killer with a gun to make a phone call, rather than getting the hell out of there.  I know he was attacked by the man, who wasn't even a suspect, but still.  There's a murderer in the house, Sidney.  Put your back to the wall.

I really liked this episode but this sequence stood out like a very, very sore thumb.  Sidney's wartime trauma involved just such an incident -- declaring the all clear only for one of the men under his command to be mortally wounded by a threat Sidney failed to secure.  So even putting aside the implausibility that a combat veteran would just leave a loaded gun lying there on the floor amongst suspects, Sidney himself has spent years trying to overcome the psychological wounds from his past experience.  For it to happen again -- for Sidney to essentially get the widow killed because he turned his back on a gunman -- would send any rational person over the edge.  And she even died in much the same way, lying there on the ground bleeding from a stomach wound while Sidney tried to comfort her.  At least he didn't have to euthanize her.  But for a show that spends so much time on its lead characters' mental health, it seemed bizarre to just gloss over the effects this death should have on Sidney. 

Otherwise I liked it.  I don't think we're supposed to like Amanda very much any more, so I wouldn't worry if the show casts her in a negative light.  And she deserves some credit, I suppose, for seeing Sidney and Margaret up against a wall and just walking away instead of ruining the moment like she usually does.

The show continues to save its best moments for the banter.  The way Mrs. Maguire, or Margaret, or Geordie's wife can deliver a line with a slight smirk or an upturned eyebrow is just priceless.  "She doesn't wear stockings" had me cracking up.  

Edited by truther
  • Love 3

And after learning from one of my British friends that 

a pregnant Amanda dumps her husband and moves in with Sidney at the end of the second series I thought to myself - good riddance and good bye.

She

leaves her husband and gets more or less disowned by her father, but it's still the 1950s, so I doubt she will move into the vicarage. Maybe they will set her up with Mrs. M's friend who rented out a room to Hildegard in series one or something similar but there was no talk of her moving in with Sidney.

My reading of Amanda is that she would have been just as unhappy if she had married Sydney. Too poor, cut off from her family, can't really go out and kick up her heels without doing damage to her husband, not so much interested in the mundane troubles of village parishioners, dealing with her husband's PTSD and drinking, etc.

Amen. She comes across as not just someone who wants what she hasn't got, but I also can't imagine her dealing with parishoners who need taps fixed or visterias cut back. Or Sidney when he's had more uisce beatha than his liver should be able to handle.

On the other hand, I wouldn't wish a husband like Guy on anyone.

As usual, I had to shake my head when Sidney turned his back on a killer with a gun to make a phone call, rather than getting the hell out of there.  I know he was attacked by the man, who wasn't even a suspect, but still.  There's a murderer in the house, Sidney.  Put your back to the wall.

Not just that, after the guy drops the gun he just leaves it there for someone to pick up again. You were a soldier, Chambers, what the Dickens?! The only explanation is having taken a hit to the head.

I have zero sympathy for Amanda.  Geordie gave her the right advice....leave Sidney alone.  Instead, she headed right for his house....again.

And got what she deserved ;-)

Thank you, Photo Fox for suggesting a series thread. I was directed here by a kind sould in the Happy Valley forum, I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

• Love 2

At least he didn't have to euthanize her. 

The show continues to save its best moments for the banter.  The way Mrs. Maguire, or Margaret, or Geordie's wife can deliver a line with a slight smirk or an upturned eyebrow is just priceless.  "She doesn't wear stockings" had me cracking up.  

Imagine Geordie's reaction if Sidney had asked him for the gun to put her out of her misery.

How true. Mrs. Maguire especially has a lot of great lines.

• Love 2

I really didn't like Sydney saying he sometimes felt like throttling Mrs. Maguire, or her eating lunch by herself with plates set for two other people. Which I guess indicates that I care more about her feelings than Sydney's. At this point I think Leonard should take over as vicar and Sydney should look into a new line of work. Cobbler, perhaps. If Amanda is ill suited to be a vicar's wife, Sydney is even more ill suited to lead by example. At this point his sermons come off as completely hypocritical.

The summary for the finale/episode 6 is

Sidney has entirely stopped caring about his responsibilities as a clergyman following the difficult events of the past few weeks.

Hmm. I don't think I care at this point.

• Love 4

My family was was yelling at the tv so hard when Sidney accused the lady of murder, left her with the gun, and then proceeded to call Geordie using the lady's phone that was just outside o her room.

I was fully expecting him to get shot in the back twice this episode. Once during the above-mentioned scene and when he turned his back on the guy who had dropped the gun.

I actually think this was my favorite episode of series 2 so far.

Not because of the mystery, of course. Geordie needs to give Sydney some detecting tips, like not leaving loaded weapons with suspects and not using the suspects' phone to call in your suspicions. The timeline was also all wonky. When Sydney called Geordie, the latter was still sitting up with Amanda, so it couldn't have been that late at night, yet by the time Geordie arrives at the boarding house, it's bright morning. That's a really long time for Georgie to spend finding Sydney, a stupidly long time for the boarding house folks to dither around and not get the hell out of town, and a worryingly long time for Sydney to be unconscious. (Though Sydney seems to have a strange physiology in general... he gets slashed on the arm and bleeds, like, a teaspoon of blood...)

But the mysteries have never been this show's strong point, nor are they the reason I watch. I thoroughly enjoyed the return of the bromance and banter, and all the assorted humor, particularly Sydney's and Phil's simultaneous, disgusted "Him?!"'s when Geordie said they'd be working together, and Sydney saying something along the lines of, "You need to realize that when I agree with you, it means I'm not really listening," to Geordie.

I took the first two boarding house scenes for me to realize that the actress playing the wife was Liz White, aka Annie from Life on Mars. I think this means it's time for a Life on Mars rewatch.

And Leonard totally needs his own spin-off. He can take Dickens with him, since Sydney seems to be neglecting both of them.

• Love 2
I took the first two boarding house scenes for me to realize that the actress playing the wife was Liz White, aka Annie from Life on Mars. I think this means it's time for a Life on Mars rewatch.

She was last week's Mom of the Week on Call the Midwife (thalidomide baby). Very different acting requirements!

• Love 3
My family was was yelling at the tv so hard when Sidney accused the lady of murder, left her with the gun, and then proceeded to call Geordie using the lady's phone that was just outside o her room.

Seriously, I know that God is on his side, but come ON!  I am still enjoying the show, but I don't care at all about Sydney's love life and everyone's "WE MUST FIND A WIFE FOR THE VICAR!!11!!" panic gets on my nerves.  I haven't liked any of the women for him so far, except maybe the jazz singer, but I get that she wouldn't have made a great vicar's wife.  I am much more interested in Leonard's burgeoning romance.

It also seems like Sydney is a lot more jaded as far as getting involved with the crimes go.  He came near to seducing/getting seduced by the victim's wife in this episode and I couldn't tell if he was just trying to get an answer out of her or if he was truly going to go for it.  Neither one sits well with me, considering he is a vicar.  

It also doesn't fit well with me that I find him more attractive on Happy Valley...yikes!  That's bad.

• Love 1

She was last week's Mom of the Week on Call the Midwife

Which was why I just couldn't get past her now playing Sexy Vixen With Murder On Her Mind. Too soon! (Not the actress's fault, of course.) In the previous week's Cambridge Spies episode, I knew I knew one of the undergrads from some show -- turns out he plays Raff on Last Tango in Halifax; thanks, IMDB! -- but because I haven't seen Last Tango in months it didn't take me out of the episode like Thalidomide Mom's appearance did. TV: crazy!

Hey, Amanda, want to do a little light shoplifting in the Cambridge high street? Don't wear a polka-dot dress! Honestly, she stood out like a neon sore thumb in that (admittedly fab) dress. No one else on the show wore such a bold pattern.

Who wants to see a Leonard/Mrs. M spinoff? Me, too! If I can't have that, can I have the vicarage? Thanks.

• Love 2

Which was why I just couldn't get past her now playing Sexy Vixen With Murder On Her Mind. Too soon! (Not the actress's fault, of course.) In the previous week's Cambridge Spies episode, I knew I knew one of the undergrads from some show -- turns out he plays Raff on Last Tango in Halifax; thanks, IMDB! -- but because I haven't seen Last Tango in months it didn't take me out of the episode like Thalidomide Mom's appearance did. TV: crazy!

One of those Cambridge Spies, Tim McMullan, I found distracting because he was the assistant scientist in The Fifth Element.  So I was surprised, first to find "Foyle's War" on PBS, then to find there again Tim McMullan, this time as a MI6 man.  I wonder if they know about him moonlighting at Cambridge?

I actually found this the least watchable episode of the entire series. The stupid scenes with the oversexed housewife just dragged on and on, and I lost track of who got killed and who did it and why I was supposed to care.

I've decided that what bugs me about Amanda is that she seems to old for the kind of BS she pulls. If she were a 20 or 21 year old who was forced into marriage, I'd be willing to take pity on her. It would be reasonable for a girl that age to be disappointed that her husband isn't kind and loving and magically committed to her. But the actress playing the role is 35, and the character has to be about 30. Surely a woman that age--and with married friends to talk with--knows better. Even in the 1950s.

Edited by LaChavalina
  • Love 3

The only way that could happen is if Guy dies, as the Anglican church doesn't allow remarriage when an ex-spouse is still alive. (That's one reason why Edward VIII had to abdicate, why Princess Anne had to remarry in Scotland in a Presbyterian church, and Charles and Camilla had a "blessing" instead of a more formal ceremony.) Especially when it's a vicar being married, the rules are going to be followed.

Guy is kind of a jerk, but I don't think he deserves to die to that Amanda can be happy.

He doesn't deserve to die, but nicer characters have been sacrificed on the altar of true love. I'm talking to you, Downton Abbey.

• Love 1

Yes, yes, and yes to just about every comment made about Sydney and the phone (... clunk...out like a light ... ) call in the widow's hallway. Good grief. But Sydney has become secondary for me because I really don't like him much this year (shirted or shirtless); I like Geordie of the shaking hands so much more! And I absolutely love his wife (she must have a name & I must have heard it but it left no lasting impression.) "I love you but I love my sleep more." There's just something about that marriage that makes me happy. What do we make of Geordie's hesitation on the landing of the stairs when S calls out? Still ptsd, eh?

• Love 5
everyone's "WE MUST FIND A WIFE FOR THE VICAR!!11!!" panic gets on my nerves.

I find this one of the most realistic parts of the show. When the new minister at the church I grew up in first arrived, he was single, and let me tell you, the ladies of the church were working hard to find him a wife. My name was bandied around for a brief minute—we were roughly the same age—until my mom shut that down. (I'd be a terrible minister's wife.) He ended up marrying a minister's daughter from another city, which made everyone really happy. 

So it's still a real thing. You want the minister to have a partner, not only to help out with the parish and community duties, but also to be an emotional support for the minister. It can't be the easiest of lives, even if you aren't an amateur detective on the side.

I've decided that what bugs me about Amanda is that she seems to old for the kind of BS she pulls. If she were a 20 or 21 year old who was forced into marriage, I'd be willing to take pity on her. It would be reasonable for a girl that age to be disappointed that her husband isn't kind and loving and magically committed to her. But the actress playing the role is 35, and the character has to be about 30. Surely a woman that age--and with married friends to talk with--knows better. Even in the 1950s.

I agree with this to a certain extent. I think the reason Amanda is acting out now is that she was spoiled her entire life and it's only now that she's married that she has to live a more grownup life, as it were. She doesn't know what to do with herself, which is pathetic given her position. (She has a pretty limited inner life, too, it seems.) 

There's just something about that marriage that makes me happy.

Same here, They seem really satisfied with their relationship, which is great to watch. I really hope something doesn't mess it up. 

• Love 4
Geordie and Cathy are on a mission to find Sidney a girlfriend – but nobody seems to be good enough for the choosy vicar. Geordie's plans are further thwarted when Sidney's old flame, Amanda Hopkins arrives in Grantchester while Guy is away on business.

I had to actually look her up during the show since I couldn't figure out why she looked so familiar.  Heh, when she died, my first thought was aw, she's with Sam now.

• Love 2
After thoroughly modern Margaret’s visits to the vicarage start leaving Mrs Maguire’s nose out of joint, Sidney is hoping for a distraction – which arrives in the unexpected form of a young man sat alone in the church and covered in blood.

Film noir this episode? Actually why couldn't Amanda be a vicars wife?

A vicar's wife has a role too. She needs to be able to organize church functions like fetes, she 's a substitute social worker she holds things together.  Last season, when Sidney wanted to go up to London to solve a case, Hildegarde told him to go on, she would handle things in Grantchester.

I thought that Amanda in season 1 talked about this point to Sidney in that she did not want to be a Vicar's wife.

Being a vicar's wife is a full-time job, and an uncompensated one, at that*. At least Mrs. M. gets paid!

*except for the obvious compensation snuggling up to the vicar would provide, that is. ahem.

• Love 2

Yes.  A while back I was talking with a woman minister (in the U.S.) who was having problems finding a job. What most parishes wanted, in return for a tiny salary, was a man with a wife who would run the Sunday school, play the organ, organize suppers and discussion groups, etc.

Edited by Driad
  • Love 4

Two for one is what they want. To again go back to the church I grew up in, one minister's wife was a full-time teacher, so she didn't have the time to perform many of the traditional duties, and there was a lot of clucking about that for a long time. 

• Love 3

What most parishes wanted, in return for a tiny salary, was a man with a wife who would run the Sunday school, play the organ, organize suppers and discussion groups, etc.

I don't have vast experience in the area, but every pastor's wife I've met plays the piano/organ! Like, it must be on some secret dating questionnaire before a minister asks a women out for the first time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Sigh. Hildegard was perfect for being the Vicar's wife. She was poised, intuitive, didn't shock easy - and she played the piano - (she was a piano teacher).  And Sidney marrying her would have provided some realistic and non soapy conflict - as not all the parish would have accepted her at first due to her being German born.  I would rather watch Hildegard winning over the parish than Amanda whining over how bad her life is.

• Love 13

I don't think they've done anything remotely close to "smoking cigarettes".  I don't believe we've seen them do anything other than kiss on the cheek (at least as of the latest episode I've seen) and even that was with her archly giving him permission to do so.

I recall season 1 making it clear that Sidney was not a virgin. Whether or not he has had sex with Amanda, I cannot recall.

"I have no idea what women want."--Leonard

This episode's red-letter Easter egg

I recall season 1 making it clear that Sidney was not a virgin. Whether or not he has had sex with Amanda, I cannot recall.

"I have no idea what women want."--Leonard

This episode's red-letter Easter egg

I don't think he did; his behaviour after waking up at the jazz singer's (Gloria?) place - for which he really should have apologized IMO - insinuates that it was before his ordination. That also correlates with him telling Phil he was allowed to have sex once he was married when he was teasing him in regards to his relationship with Margaret. Amanda and Sidney ran into each other when he was already a vicar and seem to have been only very distantly aquainted through Jennifer in their school days.

Leonard is brilliant.

• Love 2

Two for one is what they want. To again go back to the church I grew up in, one minister's wife was a full-time teacher, so she didn't have the time to perform many of the traditional duties, and there was a lot of clucking about that for a long time. 

Two for one measly salary is correct!  Former pastor's wife here, and piano/vocal music teacher.  For my husband's meager salary, not only was he supposed to work a 50-60 hour week, but I was supposed to direct a childrens' choir, lead worship services, and attend every single function the church held all while trying to raise our three young children.  

My hubby left the ministry in part because we were practically having to live on assistance to get by, and partly to save our marriage. Our faith is still strong, but the tremendous strain on our marriage and children just wasn't worth it especially when there is little gratitude shown by the congregation, and yes, lots of grumbling about me "missing" a function due to a sick child or whatever. These were smallish churches where we served, so perhaps larger more affluent churches may have a different attitude, but somehow I doubt it.

Back to Grantchester, Amanda is definitely not suited for the life of a vicar's wife, and neither is Margaret IMO.  Hildegarde was probably the best suited for that role.  However, like many others here, I'm not sure Sidney is suited for the life of a vicar either.  Not that a vicar/pastor has to be perfect, but Sidney just seems too easily swayed by the distractions around him be it women, the murder of the week, or alcohol.  Being a vicar/pastor and vicar/pastor's wife means living frugally and always putting others and their needs before your own or your family's own needs.  Its definitely a tough life.

• Love 8

The above "two for one" discussion reminds me of Alan Bennett's "Bed Among the Lentils" monologue from his "Talking Heads" series. In it, a vicar's lonely wife says:

"One of the unsolved mysteries of life, or the unsolved mysteries of my life, is why the vicar's wife is expected to go to church at all. A barrister's wife doesn't have to go to court, an actor's wife isn't at every performance, so why have I always got to be on parade?"

And if you want to hear Dame Maggie Smith say those lines, you can watch all 50 minutes of it here. It is well worth your time, alternately hilarious and heartbreaking.

• Love 3

Former pastor's wife here, and piano/vocal music teacher.  For my husband's meager salary, not only was he supposed to work a 50-60 hour week, but I was supposed to direct a childrens' choir, lead worship services, and attend every single function the church held all while trying to raise our three young children.

Sydney is definitely a part-time TV vicar. Aside from the few sentences of a sermon each week, most of his pastoral work seems to involve mucking about in the garden.

But this wouldn't make for a very interesting mystery show: "Hello, Geordie, thanks for calling. I'd love to help but I have a parish meeting, a couple of family counseling sessions, budget planning, charitable fund-raising fete to organize, music review with the organist, and sermon to write."

• Love 4
But this wouldn't make for a very interesting mystery show: "Hello, Geordie, thanks for calling. I'd love to help but I have a parish meeting, a couple of family counseling sessions, budget planning, charitable fund-raising fete to organize, music review with the organist, and sermon to write."

Yep. If we saw him running off from family counseling sessions because Geordie called, that would just look bad. Heh.

• Love 1
If we saw him running off from family counseling sessions because Geordie called, that would just look bad. Heh.

I can picture him doing exactly that, with a cheerful yet dismissive 'Ah, do the best you can!'  Or maybe that's just what I'd do. (I am not good at counseling. I'd rather chase murderers.)

• Love 2

On the other hand, there seem to be fewer than 30 people in the pews on Sundays, so maybe he does have spare time galore!

Wasn't Mrs. Maguire a lot more disapproving of Sydney last season? She sniffed at him about Mrs. Hopkins, but she doesn't seem to chide him nearly as much these days.

Amanda is The Worst.

I laughed when Leonard saw her and ran away. (I know it was for other reasons.)

Not a spoiler at all, this is the red-letter Easter egg info:

Enigma Variations by Elgar, whom the daughter had mentioned to Sidney. Enigma Variations is itself a bit of an unsolved mystery. See http://www.elgar.org/3enigma.htm

Edited by dcalley
  • Love 2

The above "two for one" discussion reminds me of Alan Bennett's "Bed Among the Lentils" monologue from his "Talking Heads" series. In it, a vicar's lonely wife says:

"One of the unsolved mysteries of life, or the unsolved mysteries of my life, is why the vicar's wife is expected to go to church at all. A barrister's wife doesn't have to go to court, an actor's wife isn't at every performance, so why have I always got to be on parade?"

And if you want to hear Dame Maggie Smith say those lines, you can watch all 50 minutes of it here. It is well worth your time, alternately hilarious and heartbreaking.

Oh that quote sounds like something I would have said "once upon a time"!  I will definitely watch that before bed tonight--thank you for sharing that! For those who are saying for television purposes if they showed Sidney going to parish meetings and counseling, there wouldn't be much of a show, I sort of agree.  But, then again, why have the character be a vicar at all if they aren't going to make what he does for a living a part of the story.  Sidney's struggles with women, alcohol, Amanda, PTSD and his love for solving mysteries seem to indicate to me that he's a man who perhaps isn't in the right field of work. He just doesn't seem like the selfless type, but perhaps that is because the show doesn't give us the chance to see him doing his real job as a vicar very often.  I wish they would show more of Sidney being a vicar and interacting with his parishioners.

• Love 3

But, then again, why have the character be a vicar at all if they aren't going to make what he does for a living a part of the story.

Good question. Maybe it's simply to give Sidney an excuse to be smack in the middle of everything without seeming to be a straight up Nosy Parker. After all, not everyone can have as many friends as Miss Marple has, all of them constantly giving house parties and continuing to invite her in spite of the huge string of gruesome deaths that follow wherever she goes.

• Love 5

Oh that quote sounds like something I would have said "once upon a time"! I will definitely watch that before bed tonight--thank you for sharing that! For those who are saying for television purposes if they showed Sidney going to parish meetings and counseling, there wouldn't be much of a show, I sort of agree. But, then again, why have the character be a vicar at all if they aren't going to make what he does for a living a part of the story. Sidney's struggles with women, alcohol, Amanda, PTSD and his love for solving mysteries seem to indicate to me that he's a man who perhaps isn't in the right field of work. He just doesn't seem like the selfless type, but perhaps that is because the show doesn't give us the chance to see him doing his real job as a vicar very often. I wish they would show more of Sidney being a vicar and interacting with his parishioners.

This is one of my complaints about this season. You had a better mix of the vicar duties/crime-solving in season 1. Now he just does a sermon of the week. Last season we saw him try working on a sermon, looking over and helping Leonard with his sermon (he failed at this one), you had stuff like how he was going to perform Amanda and Guy's wedding (that didn't work out either). But my point is, is that you saw more of the day to day vicar-y stuff last season. You can hardly tell he's a vicar this season. He should probably switch jobs, he's not suited for the vicarage. I always assumed that he went into the profession due to his guilt from the war (although I don't know how long he's been a vicar).

• Love 3

All of Sidney's women have been so much more interesting than Amanda.  The shoplifting gambit added a little bit of needed character, but not enough.  She's such a cipher.

I don't understand why Whittaker didn't report Theo's attack, or even admit to Sidney that it happened.  Did it un-man him? 

Poor Theo.  He seemed deranged.  I also don't understand how he got into that abandoned house.  Sidney had to remove boards, which were nailed from the outside. 

I'm worried for Leonard.  He's such a babe in the woods. 

As the trial of local teen Gary Bell approaches, Sidney and Geordie find themselves at loggerheads regarding his guilt – not even building a go-kart together can get them to see eye to eye. Sidney's mind is taken off these matters when he finds the anxious Reggie Lawson at the graveside of his dead wife, Anna.  Convinced that she still haunts his home and stable yards following her suicide he implores Sidney to come to his estate, Kingsbrook and perform an exorcism for him.

I'm glad Sidney didn't tell Geordie who killed Reggie. When Geordie asked him what he wanted, I was hoping he would say "justice".

I felt sorry for Laszlo, who gave away all his money to survivors and then lost his sister. Sadly true that they're already all dead.

Go away, Amanda, and live your own life. Sidney thinks he's her white knight saving her from her her horrible life but really he just makes her more unhappy with her decisions.

• Love 2

When Mrs Maguire came back from answering the door and gave Sidney "the look", I was sure it was Amanda in the waiting room.

Where can I find out the story about Gary Bell?

• Love 2

I'll Third the motion of getting rid of Amanda.

Amanda x Sidney just drag the entire show down. Like, it was already kind of depressing what with the trial and everything, but all their added drama...yeesh. I consider them a toxic relationship. They're dragging each other down.

No to Amanda and Sidney, but yes to her getting away/divorcing Guy, at least.

We got like, two seconds of Leonard and he was being adorable about having sinned due to gambling on a horse.

I was always on the fence about Margaret, but now I can cross her off the list of who I would be okay with Sidney ending up with.

Was there a scene cut? Margaret was flirting with Geordie and then it cut to something else. Was it only supposed to be implied?

Poor Geordie's wife! :(

Surprised that Sidney withheld who was the murderer, but Sidney just seems so tired and done with everything and tired of Geordie's attitude.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 2