Type keyword(s) to search

Grantchester in the Media: All the News You Can't Get from Mrs. Maguire

• Start Topic

mishy beat me. Renewed for series six! Robson made me smile. You appreciate steady gigs in the entertainment business so much more with age. Filming safely will require a lot of precautions and respect for each other’s safety on the part of the actors and crew. 

21 hours ago, Pallas said:

The most recent word that I found -- from features that appeared after the season concluded in the UK in April -- was that discussions are underway for Season 8. 

Thank you dear Pallas...let us hope it brings with it more Leonard helping Geordie. I love Leonard so much more as a not-curate!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Thank you dear Pallas...let us hope it brings with it more Leonard helping Geordie. I love Leonard so much more as a not-curate!

I so agree, but I need to add that they take Dickens along with them on their adventures (maybe he could sniff out clues...[sorry]).

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Renewed

Ha! Everyone is always convinced this whatever season we're currently on is the last, and then it always comes back...

Sounds like they've known for awhile, even if they're only announcing it now, considering the article talks about plot points, guest stars, etc. And Al Weaver will be making his directorial debut-- good for him!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'll definitely be watching but I really felt that S7 ended in a way that would be a perfect wrap-up for the series.

I guess it will be interesting seeing Will as a husband and father. He certainly needs something to do. What I first loved about Will was that, unlike Sidney, he had a deeper inner life. I loved the insights we got about him as a youth, and his relationship with his parents. He also seemed more about his job than Sidney. Then the writers just turned him into a Sidney redux (minus the heavy drinking) with him running headlong into chasing romantic relationships.

• Love 2
On 8/11/2022 at 7:09 AM, ComeWhatMay said:

@Irlandesa and @ComeWhatMay and @DonnaMae THANK YOU to you three for not spoilering those of us who've not finished this season, let alone knowing anything possible about the next! Most appreciated. I don't care what the final episode brings, nor where it leaves our characters for next season so long as they're coming back, but would love more emphasis on Leonard, Mrs. C and the Dog! Actually, I'm pleased with the amount of Leonard we got this season so far.

• Like 1

@ season 8 renewal: 

Yay...ish? They wrapped up enough things where I would have been satisfied had they decided to pull the plug. Though it would have been a pretty weak season to end things on.

Hopefully with how season 7 wrapped up, the sidney-fication of Will has mostly come to an end, so I'm being hopeful in that regard.

With the later than usual renewal announcement, I'm wondering if they're gonna take things day by day so to speak concerning possible future season announcements. Pbs/bbc/whoever is also usually pretty upfront when they announce a new and final season. They didn't mention "final" yet, so I feel like they haven't quite closed the doors on a potential ninth or tenth series. Not sure if I want to see this series stretched that far though. :/

• LOL 1
On 8/12/2023 at 6:47 PM, buttersister said:

Fair enough. He bores the crap out of me.

*Tiny whisper* Me too. I do so love Robson Green - he seems like such a nice, chill guy.

Edited by christie
  • Like 2