Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

dcalley
  • Start Topic

Cranston, agree--I am even watching Outlander (on Starz) primarily because the Scottish scenery is so eerily gorgeous. I am gradually getting into the characters and sometimes, the plot, although my knowledge of Scottish history is so scant, usually have to go look up everything later.

I like that Hildegard decided not to be Sidney's second choice. Good for her for knowing she's worth more than that. That said, I will miss her, as she brought an interesting POV to the show.

I agree about her making the right choice when it comes to Sidney. He was not in a good place and she deserves someone who'll treat her like the queen she is. I'm just missing the heck out of her (and season 2 hasn't even started yet). i'd rather have her stick around (doesn't have to be for romantic reasons) than Amanda.

In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet: I really don't like Amanda.

I hope they don't drop Sidney's ptsd either. I feel like the finale had this strange "we're kind of wrapping up this storyline" feeling to it, which bugs me. i want him to send that postcard or visit the relatives of that kid.

• Love 5

I guess I hold the UO opinion of liking Amanda. I do not need Sidney and Amanda to get together or anything, but I did enjoy their friendship. I liked Hildegard as well, but think she made the right choice of not being Sidney's second choice.

I don't like Amanda because she's trying to have it both ways with Sidney: She knows he has feelings for her yet she keeps him at arm's length because she's engaged to someone else. And she asks him to perform the ceremony. That's some selfishness right there. I know Sidney decided to do it, and that's on him, but I don't think it was fair of her to ask in the first place. Let the guy have some peace on that front, sheesh.

• Love 5
On 30/01/2016 at 1:47 PM, dubbel zout said:

I don't like Amanda because she's trying to have it both ways with Sidney: She knows he has feelings for her yet she keeps him at arm's length because she's engaged to someone else. And she asks him to perform the ceremony. That's some selfishness right there. I know Sidney decided to do it, and that's on him, but I don't think it was fair of her to ask in the first place. Let the guy have some peace on that front, sheesh.

yes, i quite don't like how so many plots makes us frustrated or even mad at the man for not breaking the glass and expressing his feelings, when the woman can do it all the same. but amanda is ignoring her feelings even worse than sidney and makes her a bit annoying.

I'm watching the reruns in the WOSU area at seven on Sundays.  I liked the show the first time around but I'm purely loving it  the second time because I'm paying less attention to the main themes and more to the cute side stories.  Last Sunday was the trip Geordie and Sidney took to the London Jazz club.  It was all good, but my favorite part was when Sidney got home after missing church and Leonard and Mrs. Maguire attacked him as he came in the door, Leonard: "I wasn't prepared!"  Mrs. M, "He was just waffling on!"

• Love 2