Type keyword(s) to search

Sidney Chambers: Sleuthing to Sermons

• Start Topic

I've always loved sleuthing clerics. The Grantchester mysteries have inspired me to finally pick up some Father Brown. But my favorite is still Brother Cadfael.

Sidney Chambers shares with Cadfael the warrior path but he lacks the former's wisdom and experience. He's getting there - at least in the books, not so sure about the show.

• Love 1

I miss the ptsd aspect of his character. We've hardly seen him dealing with it this season. I'm sure it's still there and that he's just better at handling it now (unlike Geordie who's basically swapped places with him this season), but I miss it. I found it to be a very important and compelling part of his story.

So here's to hoping that they haven't seemingly just dropped it like a hot potato.

On a completely different note, please get over Amanda asap. Stop acting like an immature high schooler. Better yet, stop acting like you're straight out of Romeo & Juliet, 'cause we all know how that story ended.

I also feel like he's been shirking his vicar duties as well. We basically only get his sermon of the week nowadays. Season 1 showed his day-to-day duties a lot better in my opinion.

His detective hobby is consuming all his time and energy. I feel like half the time he isn't aware of those around him like Leonard and Mrs. M.

It's mainly mysteries, murder, Geordie and Amanda this 2nd season.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

I miss the ptsd aspect of his character. We've hardly seen him dealing with it this season. I'm sure it's still there and that he's just better at handling it now (unlike Geordie who's basically swapped places with him this season), but I miss it. I found it to be a very important and compelling part of his story.

So here's to hoping that they haven't seemingly just dropped it like a hot potato.

On a completely different note, please get over Amanda asap. Stop acting like an immature high schooler. Better yet, stop acting like you're straight out of Romeo & Juliet, 'cause we all know how that story ended.

They handled that weirdly. It's like once Sidney told Geordie about the guy he had to kill, it was fine. Now there's something new to lose sleep over (Gary's trial), but for some reason it doesn't connect except for one stray line by Geordie.

Unfortunately, not everyone does. A guy actually tried to pick me up with the line 'I want to be your Romeo' once. His face when I told him that a) I'm waaaay to old to be Juliet and b) I wasn't willing to kill myself after he had killed himself for thinking I was dead, was priceless. The friend I was with didn't stop laughing for minutes. So, maybe we should check if the writers have done their Shakespearean homework ;-)

• Love 4

I love this show and love James Norton.  I own the dvd of Season 1 (Season 2 hasn’t come yet) and the extras on the dvd, my god, do the cast and crew LOVE this man.  Talk about God.  They all put him on such a pedestal: handsome, athletic, funny, intelligent, friendly, etc.

Now can we talk about his hair?  What color is the actor’s real hair?  I think it is same as his character’s.  But I’ve seen pictures of him with different hair colors and the reddest/blonde/light brown suits him best.  After watching again this week, he reminds of Robert Redford in his youth.  

Such a hottie.  

• Love 2