Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Because Chris Hardwick Wants to Beat Ryan Seacrest

• Start Topic

Thanks for creating the thread, Skyfall...shouldn've realized we needed on of these threads here.

You're welcome! Having its own forum is weird and having Fear talking dead discussion in the other thread wouldn't make sense.

As frustrating as the lack of insight we get from TWD producers when they're on the couch, I feel like we have the opposite problem with Dave Erickson. Some of his responses seemed awfully spoilly, and I noticed that about him last season too. Maybe he feels a greater need to keep people tuned in? Just give us a compelling drama with characters to root for, Dave, and people will stick around.

I'm glad to see a TD thread here too.  As soon as TD started tonight I was scrolling down the list of threads to see if there was one, and I didn't want to post in the TD thread in TWD's forum!  I'm glad to see that others were thinking along the same lines!

As frustrating as the lack of insight we get from TWD producers when they're on the couch, I feel like we have the opposite problem with Dave Erickson. Some of his responses seemed awfully spoilly, and I noticed that about him last season too. Maybe he feels a greater need to keep people tuned in? Just give us a compelling drama with characters to root for, Dave, and people will stick around.

As long as nothing major is spoiled I don't mind spoilly talk. Like knowing Negan is coming and what he did in the comics helped the final episodes as you could start piecing together how the gang gets into the predicament they eventually get into.

As long as nothing major is spoiled I don't mind spoilly talk. Like knowing Negan is coming and what he did in the comics helped the final episodes as you could start piecing together how the gang gets into the predicament they eventually get into.

Knowing Negan is coming only means something if you read the comics. Knowing what he did in the comics is being spoiled.

• Love 2

I liked the behind the scenes look at filming on the boat/ocean set. Really cool they constructed the set on an infinity tank over looking the ocean which was used for Titanic. 

Hozier. Poser. Or whatever his name is really needs to lay off the drugs. Either that, or Hardwick needs to delouse that couch. Every time he reached up to scratch his neck, I was wondering if he was tweaking out or if his long hair was harboring a flea circus. Though I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive. He couldn't seem to focus long enough to talk coherently.

Is Lou Diamond Phillips on an AMC show, he's kind of random on this show.

No he's on Longmire, I think it's on History or FX.

ETA wrong, it's A&E

Edited by SoSueMe
  • Love 1

Is Lou Diamond Phillips on an AMC show, he's kind of random on this show.

CH said that LDP had been asking for a long time to be on Talking Dead.  LMAO--I'm pretty sure he wasn't angling for an invitation to talk about this shit show!

• Love 2

I liked Lou on this.  He knows how to answer a question clearly.  I liked The Sleepy Hollow girl too (and no I don't watch that show so I don't know what the hubbub is all about).  And Kim is laidback x 10.  She is almost comatose.

Edited by dirtydi
  • Love 2

LDP is welcome any time on Talking Dead as far as I'm concerned. Loved his Charlie Sheen comment.

I also enjoyed Kim Dickens sharing the picture of Cliff Curtis asleep on the set. The closeness of the cast and crew on TWD has always made me like the show just a little more. It seems as though the Fear cast and crew are developing the same rapport.

Edited by eejm

LDP is welcome any time on Talking Dead as far as I'm concerned. Loved his Charlie Sheen comment.

I also enjoyed Kim Dickens sharing the picture of Cliff Curtis asleep on the set. The closeness of the cast and crew on TWD has always made me like the show just a little more. It seems as though the Fear cast and crew are developing the same rapport.

Recently saw a bts pic, with Coleman Domingo(Strand) and all the Fear ladies hugged up on him.

They appear to all get along quite well.

LOL!

Lou should've held out, for the next season on TWD.

He clearly watches that one as well.

Didn't he tell a story about having the only cabin on set for Longmire that had cable?  (They film out in the boonies in Montana, I think) So everyone would come to his place on Sundays for Walking Dead night.

He's also been on a whole series of Food Network cooking competitions and is pretty good.

I think Kim Dickinson is just not comfortable with doing this.

• Love 2

I think Kim Dickinson is just not comfortable with doing this.

By "this", do you mean doing Talking Dead? Or acting on FtWD? Cause I'd be willing to believe either one ;)

• Love 2

Talking Dead.  Talking about herself in public.  Did she ever do commentary for the Deadwood DVD's?

I don't think she's doing that bad a job acting on FtWD but because the show isn't dishing up what the audience seems to want (some detailed depiction of how the government/military made its decisions), she's not popular.

• Love 1

Kim did let one thing slip (I guess?) about Strand.... 

She said that last week Strand grabbed her boob on accident instead of her arm. They have to be towards the end of the season filming wise so at least we know he is around for awhile.

Talking Dead.  Talking about herself in public.  Did she ever do commentary for the Deadwood DVD's?

I don't think she's doing that bad a job acting on FtWD but because the show isn't dishing up what the audience seems to want (some detailed depiction of how the government/military made its decisions), she's not popular.

Completely wrong. I hate her deadpan acting. That had nothing to do with government/military decisions.

• Love 7

Talking Dead. Talking about herself in public. Did she ever do commentary for the Deadwood DVD's?

I think the actors had a tougher job because the show didn't meet expectations. I also think better actors all around could have made a difference, offering us something more interesting than what we may have wanted. The series this one came from is proof that actors can salvage weak writing, imho, if they have the talent and interest. I'm not convinced this actress has either.

Point is, I think the character falls flat because all involved have failed thus far, including her.

• Love 1

Chris Jericho was surprisingly good. 

What is wrong with these people not asking some interesting questions?  Seriously they had some good things they could have asked like why in the hell did Alex think leaving that poor kid alive was better then a mercy killing?

Is it just me or does it seems like Chris's new job on the show is defending FWD against all the harsh criticism it is receiving?

• Love 4

It's not just you, kj3ever.  Let me preface my comments with this:  I am only watching FTWD to snark at what AMC has allowed to be created.  It's not quite hate watching, it's more like apathy watching.

Anyway, I stick around to watch TTD each week and get as far as viewing, maybe, the first 10 minutes. I just can't with "The Show", and recapping a turd floating in the Pacific doesn't make it any better.  I find the actors rather boring, I'm somewhat jaded on seeing how they did the special effects and I'd rather not learn about the behind the scenes crap.

IMO, Hardwick's "enthusiasm" in hosting this version of Talking Dead seems forced and phony to me.  He's tried to defend it because he's obligated, it's his job and I believe he's making the best of it.  AMC overestimated the fandom for FearTheDead - thinking that Walking Dead fans would love it just as much.  We see from various forums, this is not the case.

Sadly, even if deep down, Chris dislikes it, he's not going to go public with his opinion and screw up his relationship with AMC and the producers.  That's showbiz. 

Edited by HighMaintenance
  • Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, Sherry67 said:

I think that Chris Jericho is a good guest.  He is lively and has a lot to say.  He's funny.

Yep, I enjoyed Jericho.  I liked Lorenzo Henrie too, which surprised me.  I dislike his robotic character on FTWD sooo much, it was almost shocking to see Lorenzo being animated, humorous, and seemingly quite bright.  My conclusion from this new data is that, while he may be a delightful and engaging young man, he's a terrible actor.

I got the impression from Michelle Ang that we probably haven't seen the last of her character, Alex.  Even though she didn't confirm or deny, she looked like the cat that swallowed the canary.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Sherry67 said:

Tonight I think Yvette Nicole Brown is one of the guests, and she is always a lot of fun.

She is terrific on Talking Dead, I wonder how much patience she has for FTWD. I'm re-watching last week's episode and yep, still as stupid as I thought it was first time around. It is definitely hate-watching at this point. I am looking forward to YNB though :)

• Love 3

For once, I'm really enjoying Talking Dead. Yvette Nicole, Colman and even Chris are really great together.
Loved the Trump/wall/border comments....lol

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Aarg!  They originally planned on Abigail being a woman and only changed their minds between seasons.

Well, judging by FTWD, it's not like they seem to be planning any storyline in advance.

I like YNB, but even with her and Strand on the couch, I couldn't stay interested beyond 20 minutes this time. I was secretly hoping that Mr. Coleman would have a British/Aussie accent in real life - as TRUE Walking Dead actors are known to do.

Yvette, we know you're a fan of the franchise, but honey, cut your losses while you can!

• Love 1
(edited)

I FLOVED that YNB, the goddess of all TWD love, showed just as much "enthusiasm" for FTWD.  I look forward to the contortions of all the FTWD haters to perspectivize this anomaly (she's either Chris 2.0 or not).    ;-)

Edited by walnutqueen
crappy keyboard errors
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Aarg!  They originally planned on Abigail being a woman and only changed their minds between seasons.

Is this normal for Hollywood?  I mean things seemed like they were making it up as they go (and this seems to happen on TWD too), but I always just assumed things had been planned far in advance, especially with the amount of money goes in to making these shows.  Coleman pretty much confirmed that they do just make shit up as they go...lol

• Love 3
15 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Wait, what?

So, the actor playing Strand didn't know that his character was gay or bi last season?  Hmm ... Strand has been a bit different this season from last season, which I attributed to him being played as exhausted because he can't sleep with all the untrustworthy main characters around but maybe the actor chose to modulate him  a bit for a different backstory too

• Love 1

So Nick (Dillane?) doesn't wash or comb his hair in real life either?

I know seriously.  He is in a suit, so there is an attempt, but man that hair is really bad, worse than the show even. I didn't think that was at all possible.

• Love 2

I love Chris Hardwick's "Talking" shows (whether TWD, FTWD, or Talking Saul).  Sometimes Hardwick's shows are more entertaining than the episode they're about.  Yvette Nicole Brown is the best guest.  If the writers put half as much thought into their characters and plot lines as Yvette puts into her almost Jungian analysis of deeper (often non-existent) themes, it would elevate any show 1000%. 

• Love 4