Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Ragnarok

And on a petty note, was anyone else bothered that Ichabod kept calling the Headless Horseman "Headless", instead of Abraham? Also, where did that head even come from? Didn't it go to the Kindred (who got destroyed by THO)?

I think he called him "Horseman" ?

• Love 2

The Hollywood Reporter article even says that the chances are high for a renewal for S4.   Unbelievable.   We thought we'd be happy about a renewal but this changes everything.  Who cares now

• Love 14

What really pisses me off isn't just that she was killed off, it's that all that Ichabbie goodness led up to absolutely nothing in the end.  

Ugh, fuck you, FOX.

All of it led to nothing. Crane and Abbie being witnesses, not one witness helping the other meet their destiny but BOTH being witnesses. Pandora got THO's power for two seconds only to be killed a day later. How is it that she was even mortal with Godlike power? Danny disappeared after the first 5 minutes of the episode. This whole season was a wasted 18 hours that none of us will unfortunately get back.

• Love 17

Are the show runners out their damn minds?! Who they think going to watch this show without Abbie Mills? You were hanging by a thread only because of Ichabbie which you just sunk without any fanfare at all.

Abbie died twenty minutes into the episode without getting to say goodbye to Ichabod or Jenny. Are you f*cking serious show?

I don't think I've ever been so angry at a tv show in my life. There were actual tears of anger in my eyes watching this episode.

I can't believe this bs. I just can't. I'm at a loss for words.

• Love 12

The essence of the show was the relationship (however you saw it) between Abbie and Crane. What made it special was Beharie and Mison. This is what kept me coming back. This version of the Witness relationship does not work without both of them. So Abbie's soul in another person won't work. I cannot watch it. Even if Nicole left by her own choosing this show will be done for me.

The only way I can watch again is if they do a fix it to begin next season (if there is a next season) and Nicole is back as Abbie.

The last time I stopped watching a show after someone's death it stuck (you are still missed Det. Carter). I don't see why it wouldn't be the same here.

• Love 18

Screw you, too, show! Screw you, too!

Of course, they killed her off AND added insult to injury by making her a just stepping stone in Crane's ladder to his destiny.

I suppose that's why Sophie, the clone, became a regular. Now she's not as redundant, is she?

• Love 11

Welp...show it's a good thing you go on "break" now because it may take me that long and then some to forgive this.  

If Nicole was that unhappy, then I really hope she's ok with essentially dying twice.  But for right now I want to have a long talk with Yolanda about this.  

• Love 4

Here is the statement from Fox. 

Wow. 

“The finale featuring the tragic death of Abbie Mills was a very dramatic ending and a bold move for the show, but Sleepy Hollow has always been known for its shocking finales. We feel we provided a wonderfully poignant conclusion for Abbie and showed some of the best moments between the Witnesses that we’ve seen on-screen. We thank Nicole Beharie for bringing Abbie and Sleepy Hollow to life. We are currently discussing season 4, and should the series be picked up for another season, we have some exciting scenarios and new avenues we want to explore.”

NO. These were NOT the best Witness moments you dickbags. 

Sigh :(

But for right now I want to have a long talk with Yolanda about this.

I did LOL at this. Thank you.

• Love 9

Nope, nope, nope, not okay!

And the implication that Abbie's job was to be Ichabod's guide rather than her own person . . . I can't even.

**plans to spend the weekend reading every social media post about magical negroes and black women constantly having to self-sacrifice**

FML (and Fox, too)

A thousand times this!

I had such a bad feeling going into this episode, but I kept hoping I was wrong. This show can go to hell. I love Tom Mison, but I refuse to watch a recovered Crane happily eating donuts with the Abbie vessel. And I also think it's Sophie.

• Love 8

I thought this season tried really hard but never hung together as well as it should have, but I tolerated that for the Ichabbie  goodness, Which was all for naught in the end. How the fuckitty-fuck does a show squander their best asset so badly that the best option is for their leading lady to move on to other things? I wish Tom, Lyndie and the rest of the cast well in cashing any future paychecks written by those ass-clowns but the onscreen relationship between Ichabod and Abbie was what made the show a delight for me. I won't pointedly boycott it, but I won't be seeking it out.

• Love 10
(edited)

I sobbed like a family member died. Now Nicole is gone as well as "Abigail Mills"?  I love Tom Mison and Lyndie Greenwood, but I hope that they can bail on this too. Maybe Orlando Jones can produce something awesome, like  those "How [X] Should Have Ended" cartoons.

*sigh* Another Fox show to add to the "squandered premise and promise" pile.

At least Headless and his lovely, red-eyed horse came to party. Too bad it was too short a visit and too late to actually add much.

Pandora's takedown was rushed and not satisfying.  As was her assy husband's takedown. Well, honestly, everything from the last couple of episodes were rushed, so I shouldn't be surprised.

TPTB tried to shove so much story-ending and story potential into this one measly forty-odd minutes that it couldn't satisfy very many folks. There were moments I liked, but losing Abby-- seemingly out-of-the-blue and with a bullshitty excuse on top-- is my last straw.  Corbin sharing pie with her again was cool. The three older looks Abby sported as she talked to Crane were lovely callbacks. 

But as others have said, that Abby was so stupidly "assigned" anything other than a true partner and fellow Witness is a lie we are supposed to swallow. Abigail Mills survived a few iterations of hell and came back stronger each time. She was Crane's equal.  ( That final bow to her y'all!)

I look forward to everything else the cast, past and present, will be presenting in the future. Just not more of this. 

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 10

Wow. I never watch live, and now I'm so grateful, because I can delete this unwatched, as I did last week's ep after I watched the opening breakfast scene. Garbage.

I'm sorry for Nicole, and for all of us, that we never got to see the show as it should have been, all the unrealized potential after Season 1. See ya never, ever again, Sleepy Hollow.

• Love 11
(edited)

I just can't.

So sickening. So much bullshit. Teasing us, telling us "stick around" and that we'll be glad for the Ichabbie goodness to come. My God. They have no idea.

At the very least, they could have had Abbie tell Ichabod that she loved him (and have him acknowledge what he clearly feels out loud, too). But no, not even a tiny leaflet of acknowledgment.

I've never been this pissed at the end of a show... I thought I was doing them a favor by tuning in live rather than dvr'ing. Now I just feel slapped across the face. 

Yes... Nicole apparently wanted to leave (now they tell us!), but they could have done this so much better.  I love Tom Mison, but I think I'd prefer him to be free of this bullshit too. Let him take his career in new directions.

Daughter pointed out that I have "Outlander" to look forward to tomorrow. She said "One of your shows has died, and Outlander will rise from the ashes."

I'm just sorry I kept hope alive this long, for this one. I've been such a fool.

Edited by CalamityBoPeep
  • Love 6

Hopefully they won't try and actually put *Abbie* in someone else.... They can bring in someone else who comes to the realization they're a witness. But they'll be hard pressed to find someone as good as Beharie. Mison's like Matt Bomer-- chemistry with anyone. But Nikki's something special. (Wah!)

• Love 2
(edited)

Pandora's takedown was rushed and not satisfying.  As was her assy husband's takedown. Well, honestly, everything from the last couple of episodes were rushed, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, I'm so gob-smacked by the end of Abbie that I didn't even comment on how frigging gawdawful the ending for this season's principal villains was, and it was truly fucking horrible, also, nice misuse of Headless, (you idiots!) that sucked too.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 4

All of it led to nothing. Crane and Abbie being witnesses, not one witness helping the other meet their destiny but BOTH being witnesses. Pandora got THO's power for two seconds only to be killed a day later. How is it that she was even mortal with Godlike power? Danny disappeared after the first 5 minutes of the episode. This whole season was a wasted 18 hours that none of us will unfortunately get back.

Agreed, THO/Pandora went nowhere and Abbie just sacrifices herself for the umpteenth time before actually dying.

• Love 4

Ok I just saw the funniest tweet:

The Walking Dead: We've just has the worst season finale ever.

Sleepy Hollow: Challenge Accepted! 

BWAH.  And now I can't find it to attribute it....

Yep! Lol. I was just about to post this. People thought TWD's finale was bad. Please. That was Shakespeare compared to the BS that was this finale.

• Love 4

Hopefully they won't try and actually put *Abbie* in someone else.... They can bring in someone else who comes to the realization they're a witness. But they'll be hard pressed to find someone as good as Beharie. Mison's like Matt Bomer-- chemistry with anyone. But Nikki's something special. (Wah!)

They will if there is a S4. I said it would be Sophie, but then I remembered the "bloodlines" thing, so they might actually transfer her into Jenny, which would explain so much... like killing off Joe, so that she can be Ichy's next "thing".

(edited)

So my thoughts have been Fuck You and Fuck this show since the finale ended. 

Now that we know that Nicole wanted to leave, I still say Fuck this show!

The showrunners and writers knew that they had to honor Ichabod and Abbie.  They knew it had to be big. And they knew they had to make people want to watch the show without Abbie.  They failed miserably.   Would have had it have been so hard to have love acknowledgements, a big damn kiss, then have her die?  Or at least had those in the "between worlds" segment?  They choose to end it by not paying off what the fans have been asking for. 

Yeah, Tom could be a big star but the few fans of this show aren't going to follow it to next season.  I assume they see the backlash from this and just go ahead and cancel.  They probably thought they were doing a great thing by changing the direction of the show, but the idea that Abbie is "out there" in some other body is just total and completed bullshit.  Total Bullshit.

Edited by GenieinTX
  • Love 11

If you have two main leads and one actor decides to leave that is when you end a show. If Crane and Abbie died together (like Crane always said) or Crane died too separately at the end, I think I would be okay with that. The others could have found something about Eternal Souls or the FBI guy could have come to Jenny or the Dad. We could be secure in the knowledge that there would be two new Witnesses and Crane and Abbie's part was done. TOGETHER!

• Love 18

When Abbie told Crane she was in a holding place between life and death, I was like "So...Purgatory?  Haven't they been there before?"

Chances of a renewal are high?  I would love to see those numbers right now.  Doesn't matter for me.  And I sincerely hope Tom and Lyndie do well in whatever, but the show just doesn't work without Nicole.  There's only one Abbie Mills.

I suppose that's why Sophie, the clone, became a regular. Now she's not as redundant, is she?

Yep, you're right.  Sophie was introduced to be Abbie's replacement.  I thought it looked too obvious in the beginning, but that's where they really were going with this.

Has it been confirmed that Nicole quit?

• Love 2

Nope, nope, nope, not okay!

And the implication that Abbie's job was to be Ichabod's guide rather than her own person . . . I can't even.

**plans to spend the weekend reading every social media post about magical negroes and black women constantly having to self-sacrifice**

FML (and Fox, too)

Guess viewing Abbie as a magical negro makes their decision to barely treat the character and by extension the actress as a non-entity easier. No wonder she wanted out.

• Love 14

They will if there is a S4. I said it would be Sophie, but then I remembered the "bloodlines" thing, so they might actually transfer her into Jenny, which would explain so much... like killing off Joe, so that she can be Ichy's next "thing".

That's what I'm thinking. The thought of it makes me physically ill at the moment.

It was nice to see August and Headless again. I feel a tiny bit less irate knowing that Headless is out in the world again.

• Love 5
(edited)

I just read Nicole's farewell. If she really wanted out, the producers must not have treated her well and made her unhappy enough to want out.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

Well. That was certainly unexpected. I really don't know what else to say.

I was never into the BTS drama, so I was completely unaware that NB was unhappy and/or seeking to leave the show. I didn't know there was any friction between her and the showrunners either.

I will say that TM played the hell out of Crane being in love with Abbie Mills, even though he never said ILY to her, and I thank him for that. I also think I'm satisfied with that because Abbie clearly dodged every attempt he made at telling her. Crane showed me (and her) that he loved her in every way possible. I believe Abbie knew that with every part of her heart. Their bond and love will always be special to me.

I can't even think about what they are going to do with the remaining characters, or if I'd even be inclined to watch if SH is renewed. I think I must have blown a gasket over the last few episodes because I'm oddly calm about the way things ended tonight. Sometimes I amaze myself.

• Love 11

I feel a horrible combination of anger, nausea, disgust ... I was sputtering in disbelief when the episode I'd anticipated all week came to a crashing thud. But then to read that Nicole Beharie wanted out? I feel sick. What did this show do to her to make her so miserable that she wanted out? I thought I would be giddy to hear about a potential season 4, but now I just feel blah about it.

I agree that Sophie is probably inheriting Abbie's soul - and what was up with that look she and Danny shot each other?! Is it possible Sophie is somehow a time-bending offspring of Abbie and Danny? I don't know why I'm even thinking this through! I don't care about Sophie! She was fine as a sidekick to Team Witness, but I don't want to see her as the main female lead, and certainly not playing off Crane.

And why couldn't the show give us more than just Ichabod kissing Abbie's hand?!? What an unsatisfactory ending for these two! Even Crane talking to Abbie's headstone about things like his citizenship test felt ... hollow, no pun intended! I wanted him to show a little more emotion at the grave! Kiss the headstone, fall to the ground sobbing, SOMETHING that showed a little more anguish!

I also feel terrible for Jenny that she lost Joe and Abbie in back-to-back weeks! What the heck?? I guess we're supposed to look forward to Jenny bonding with Ezra but ... I just can't.

I don't even know how to describe it, but I just feel so empty, so CHEATED after watching this. So angry at you, FOX!

• Love 10

The Hollywood Reporter article even says that the chances are high for a renewal for S4.   Unbelievable.   We thought we'd be happy about a renewal but this changes everything.  Who cares now

Who's gonna watch?  This show has been struggling after driving viewers away last season.

• Love 8
(edited)

It'll be Sophie. Someone did a screenshot of Abbie's family tree from a previous episode. There are "Fosters" in her family line. Sophie is a Foster.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm still angry. This has fucked my whole mood up.

Now I really understand how fans of HIMYM felt. The rage and sense of betrayal is so real.

I just don't understand the thought process behind this decision. Nobody was watching the show as it is with the magic of TM and NB. You kill off NB's character in a thoughtless, gutter way and you think that's what? Going to attract more viewers?

Presumably you knew she wanted to leave the show so do the right thing and end it on a high note. Honor the Ichabbie relationship building that you have been using to chain viewers to this dying show and throw us a bone.

That would have made all the difference in whether I would keep watching or not.

I still wouldn't have because the show is about the partnership of Abbie and Ichabod which only worked because of Nicole and Tom. It's not something that can be recreated nor should it be.

I'm still angry at the "fans" who are coming out of the woodwork now that Abbie is dead to claim they will be around for season four. Where have you been the last two seasons?

And the pathos/glibness of the show runners who act like Abbie was some guest actress on the show. She was half the reason you got your measly three million viewers a week. Show some respect to Nicole and to the intelligence of your audience.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 11

I am a Ichabbie shipper but it really didn't bother that much that it seemed like they might not get together. I usually ship unconventional couples so I am used to watching shows and knowing my ship won't happen. But if I hear (since I won't be watching any new seasons if they happen) that Crane gets together with the Abbie Eternal Soul, I will be pissed beyond belief. What an even bigger slap in the face.

• Love 10

Hang on.  I think we're being played.  The show runners are saying, and I quote, "Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills is no longer with the show. The character is dead."     Soooo, this doesn't mean Nicole can't come back as someone else, right?   And then have Abbie's soul injected into whoever she may be next, right?   

Quote source http://tvline.com/2016/04/08/sleepy-hollow-abbie-dies-nicole-beharie-leaving-season-4/

• Love 4
(edited)

Torn between hoping for cancellation, because there are no words for the shit fest season 4 would be, and Mison should move onto better things, and wishing there would be a season 4 because if this was the series finale there would be no reason to have killed Abbie. Plus I would love for Beharie to be able to laugh gleefully (I know she's classy, so it would be a private laugh, but still) at how miserably season 4 would fail...

Hang on.  I think we're being played.  The show runners are saying, and I quote, "Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills is no longer with the show. The character is dead."     Soooo, this doesn't mean Nicole can't come back as someone else, right?   And then have Abbie's soul injected into whoever she may be next, right?

If that's their plan (and I don't think it is), it's an incredibly stupid one...

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 6

What kind of fuckery did I just watch?!  And to think they tricked me by kicking things off well, by booting Betsy Ross back to her time and more or less saying "Yeah, she's gone for good. Sorry, folks!"

But, nope.  They fucking killed Abbie.  Again.  And they tried to smooth things about by focusing on her relationship with Ichabod, but they somehow fucked it up.  Even if this was Nicole Beharie's decision (I hope so, because she deserved better then this), the way they basically had Abbie say that she's just a stepping stone for Ichabod's journey was disgusting and really does a disservice to her character and their partnership.  So, so fucking stupid.

Even looking past this entire debacle, it just felt like a lot stuff that should have worked, didn't.  The Hidden One gets capped by Jenny.  Pandora embraces her power and darkside again, leading to Ichabod having to resurrect Headless (yay!), to take her down.  All sounds good on paper, but it came off sloppy and underwhelming.  The latter part in particular was because of how they dropped the ball with Pandora in the last part.  Had she been the same awesome, badass throughout the entire season, it would have been beautiful, but having her neutered by The Hidden One just made it feel anti-climatic.  It sucks since Shannyn Sossamon was killer throughout all of this.  As for Peter Mensah, just put him beside John Noble as someone this show somehow made boring and one dimensional.

Only part I loved was the scenes with Corbin.  Clancy Brown is amazing and I love how he and Beharie play off one another.  I would rather watch Corbin and Abbie in the afterlife compared to whatever stupid shit happens next.

Speaking of which, can't believe FOX really is considering keeping this going.  No way do I see this surviving long without Abbie.  Even if her "soul" goes to another, I see plenty of outrage going forward.  I pity anyone who replaces her; wherever it be Jenny or Sophie, or a new actress.  Even a fantastic one is going to be in a world of hurt, if they keep this going.  Only way to possibly redeem this is if this is one big con, and Nicole Beharie really isn't gone and will play the new host, but even then, it's not Abbie.

Congrats, show.  Just a few years ago, you were considered the breakout hit of the year.  And now, you've somehow shit the bed, and are barely surviving the Friday night death-slot.  Impressive.  Bad, but impressive.

• Love 16

That's what I'm thinking. The thought of it makes me physically ill at the moment.

It was nice to see August and Headless again. I feel a tiny bit less irate knowing that Headless is out in the world again.

Oh gods. That would be the worst sister swapping in the history of the universe. I can't fathom they would do that. No one would accept that.

I cheered at seeing Headless! but it's all hollow now....:(

• Love 9

I can remember the sense of wonder, giddiness, and joy I felt when I first watched the

Pilot. I had found a new show that I loved and I could not stop talking to others about. These characters that were so different but worked together in such an awesome way. For that to turn into this feeling of disgust and hatred makes me so sad.

• Love 21