Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Inugami

I would have liked the mother to be the one to go after the lawyer not only because it's her side of the family, but because it's Keiko Agena! Minimal guest spot for a recognizable actress.

She doesn't seem to be doing much these days. Maybe after the GG revival she'll get a bump.

• Love 2

I wonder if the wig will fall off during the fight or if she'll just quip her way through it.

My wig has fallen off. I am angry. I will hit you with my stick arm.

Now I will open and close the kitchen cabinets with my mind.

Watch me pull a wabbit out of my hat.

COWER BEFORE THE WIG OF DOOM, PEASANT!

Seriously, the longer they keep her onscreen, the more ridiculous she gets. Adalind is back to full-strength, so she should be wiping the floor with Juliette. 

But it is nice how her only purpose now is to visit someone to tell them what she's going to do, just before she does it.

I'm going to be Renard. (Right after we see her change into Renard)

She is Renard.

Oh, and to say things cryptically in a robotic voice.

Have you....checked Adalind's teeth lately? No? How about her hair? I'm just saying. Remember back in season one when you saw her true face? Yeah, you might be sleeping with that. Have a nice day.

I honestly have no idea why the show decided it just had to bring not dead Juliette back to the show, when her death should have catapulted Nick into a new direction and I don't mean with Adalind!

Don't forget, another biest fight is coming.  Juliette/Eve has to prove that she's the big bad hexenbiest, so she threatens Adalind as foreshadowing to their inevitable fight.  Gotta remind people that Adalind will cower and run away from special snowflake.

This bothers me soo much. I hate how much more powerful they are making Eve over all other Hexenbiest. Like the she is the most powerful of them all.  They need to chill with making her such a special case. 

This bothers me soo much. I hate how much more powerful they are making Eve over all other Hexenbiest. Like the she is the most powerful of them all.  They need to chill with making her such a special case. 

I want not dead Juliette Eve to lose all of her powers after turning into Renard and having sex with Rachel.  It is time for not dead Juliette Eve to atone for what she did at the end of s4.

I am hoping that Diana is really Frau Pech and we see her torment Adalind!

• Love 1

I want not dead Juliette Eve to lose all of her powers after turning into Renard and having sex with Rachel.  It is time for not dead Juliette Eve to atone for what she did at the end of s4.

I really don't care if Eve loses her powers or not. I just want them to stop making her soo powerful compared to other Hexenbiests. 

As for Adalind being tormented by Diana, did we already see Adalind in that dungeon being tormented by the prince once? Don't care for it. 

• Love 1

So who is the most powerful Hexenbiest that ever hexened...is it Eve or Diana? I assume Diana is a hexenbiest also with full capabilities and she is back and is also super powered ?  Would be interesting if Kelly was a grimm to Diana's biest, essentially Adalinds two kids would be natural enemies. 

So we heard a lot of growling coming from Rachel and Renard, so is Renard part corpse when they are ....you know....

• Love 1

Kelly is the cutest little baby, I especially loved his face when they were at the lawfirm (better actor than BT, I lid, I kid...)

Loved seeing Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa again, I thought he stopped acting. I really enjoyed the Wesson of the Week storyline.

Not thrilled with Renard being trapped in his Political/Blackclaw storyline but, it looks like everything will be tied together pretty soon. I'm guessing Blackclaw is going to create a power couple/family with Renard/Adiland/Diana. Not sure what that means for Baby Kelly. .

I hope it leads to the reveal that Nick isn't the father. I love how this show has had Adalind have two pregnancies where she slept with two men (Renard & dead brother, then Renard and Nick) during the conception period, yet Adalind gets to magically pick who the baby daddy is with no DNA confirmation and the show makes it cannon.

As for Nick, this season has revealed that he is a hypocritical asshole of massive proportions. Juliette turns hexenbeast, does horrible things and she should be banished and hated. Adalind was the hexenbeast who caused all the awful things that happened to Nick, Juliette, Hank, Nick's mom, etc. but she is just the special awesome that should be forgiven. Hell, she's lying about being a hexenbeast again and it's all okay with Nick. At this point, Nick is the most problematic character on the show. His plight no longer rings true because his moral compass; which used to be a central part of the plot, clearly revolves around whomever he has a case of the happy pants for. I'm sure by next season, he will magically be in love with Julieve again, and he will hate Adalind because she is the most evilist evil who has ever eviled. Or perhaps there will be a new love interest in the mix who will be revealed to be some horrid person, but Nick will be able to look past her because you know, he's interested in banging her.

At this point, when I do watch, it is for Hank, Wu, Rosalee and Monroe. I used to watch for Renard, but this storyline they have him in is just horrible and ridiculous. As others have pointed out, how will, the magical now 8-10 year old daughter who should be 2/3 tops came from? How will Renard explain the Adalind/Nick and baby mess, cause if the electorate is fine with this, then they would have voted for Renard under any circumstances and the contrivance is completely unnecessary. Also, it wastes SR, who has shown he can act when given an actual storyline.

Wonder where they are going with Wu and his lycanthropy. Given this show, I'm sure it will ultimately go nowhere. The show will have the reveal, the magic stick will be waved and it will all go away.

Wasn't Hank supposed to get a love interest this season? Guess that was scrapped, if so, why publicize it as one of the stories happening?

• Love 3

I hope it leads to the reveal that Nick isn't the father. I love how this show has had Adalind have two pregnancies where she slept with two men (Renard & dead brother, then Renard and Nick) during the conception period, yet Adalind gets to magically pick who the baby daddy is with no DNA confirmation and the show makes it cannon.

I would love for this to be the case, but I doubt it will shake out that way.  My prediction is that there will be some sort of custody fight (legal or otherwise) because, you know, who doesn't want to see that?  Then, it will turn out that Juliette is actually Kelly's mother, and that will melt the hexen off her and all will live happily ever after.  Because...reasons.

As for Nick, this season has revealed that he is a hypocritical asshole of massive proportions. Juliette turns hexenbeast, does horrible things and she should be banished and hated. Adalind was the hexenbeast who caused all the awful things that happened to Nick, Juliette, Hank, Nick's mom, etc. but she is just the special awesome that should be forgiven. Hell, she's lying about being a hexenbeast again and it's all okay with Nick. At this point, Nick is the most problematic character on the show. His plight no longer rings true because his moral compass; which used to be a central part of the plot, clearly revolves around whomever he has a case of the happy pants for. I'm sure by next season, he will magically be in love with Julieve again, and he will hate Adalind because she is the most evilist evil who has ever eviled. Or perhaps there will be a new love interest in the mix who will be revealed to be some horrid person, but Nick will be able to look past her because you know, he's interested in banging her.

There are truly no words for how much I want the creators of this show to read this board, and this paragraph in particular!

• Love 2

Juliette not Eve raped Rachel, period.  Rape IS, rape.  I don't care that not dead Juliette did NOT intend on having sex with an aggressive Rachel, once she learned that the woman was having sex with real Renard.  If not dead Juliette had simply shrugged off her spell as second Renard and said,"My name is Eve" and I am pretending to be Renard it is a different ball game, because Rachel has all of the information on who she is in bed with and that did NOT happen based on not dead Juliette's comments to Nick.

I don't know why JuliEveRenard couldn't have just said I have a headache, not tonight. You don't have to bang someone just because they proposition you!

Did I really watch an exchange wherein they had Nick explain why Juliette had to have sex with Rachel in the guise of Renard?

I thought that exchange, like the scene with Rachel last week, was pretty damned funny, myself.

I thought the WOW story was really good, and I loved the scene with Monroe and Rosalie trapped in the tunnel while Eve visited Adalind.  But Woo really needs to tell Nick about getting scratched during the werewolf hunt.  And I have my doubts about that really being Diana.

Was the beautiful Diana the spittin' image of Adalind or what???  Good casting.

I was actually thinking she was kind of unattractive - something about her teeth being too big for her mouth, I think.

Edited by proserpina65

If Adalind is now full Hexenbiest again, why hasn't she become all evil like the good old Adalind of yore? The show has bent over backwards to retcon all the awful things she did was because of being all Hexeny but now she's fine?

A couple of people have asked why doesn't Nick just get her out of his bunker since she's Hexxed up but I wouldn't like to leave my child with her if she's a biest again. And I can also understand him wanting to see Kelly everyday, it would be very sad to be separated from your baby.

• Love 1

I did like Rosalie saying something about 'I wonder what that was like?' when Nick said JuliEveRenard slept with campaign chick (not knowing that there was a 'mechanical' failure there). Cause I thought that too, if I was suddenly in a man's body I wouldn't know how that all worked from that point of view! It would be very odd. I'd probably just practice peeing standing up all day because that would be a huge advantage in my life!

• Love 5

If Adalind is now full Hexenbiest again, why hasn't she become all evil like the good old Adalind of yore? The show has bent over backwards to retcon all the awful things she did was because of being all Hexeny but now she's fine?

A couple of people have asked why doesn't Nick just get her out of his bunker since she's Hexxed up but I wouldn't like to leave my child with her if she's a biest again. And I can also understand him wanting to see Kelly everyday, it would be very sad to be separated from your baby.

I do think that Adalind is on her way to being evil again--the problem is that the writers can't figure out exactly what hexenbiests, a creature THEY created, actually are.  Until they figure that out, I think we're going to get a lot of wishy-washiness on the subject.

As for why Nick doesn't just kick Adalind out--I posted on another thread about having to create my own story to make sense of something in the show.  That post was about Juliette's behavior in the 2nd half of season 4, but it applies here, too.  I can see Nick not kicking Adalind out for 2 reasons:

1 - It's easier to keep an eye on her when she's living in the fortress and doesn't know that he knows her secret.  He already knows what a loose cannon Adalind can be, and this is a better alternative.

and/or

2 - He doesn't trust her NOT to use Kelly as a pawn and, to protect his son, he needs to play along.  

The problem is that the show has not actually set up the ground work for either or both of these scenarios.  I don't understand why...they would be, you know, INTERESTING to the viewer.  Instead we get dumbass Nick doing dumbass stupid things, which makes him an incredibly unlikable hypocrite and makes option #3 (Nick's horny and Adalind is, well, there) the only believable option.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

I don't necessarily want to see Diana "torment" Adalind, only because that's something this show doesn't do well. However, I don't want to see Diana be all excited to see her dear Mommy--the one who sold her to the highest bidder and then stole her away from "owners."  I'm okay with Diana being all lovey to her Daddy, but I do want to see her have some serious Mommy issues* because we have yet to see any consequences for Adalind breaking her super magic contract with Stefania.

* This is probably the first time I have EVER wished for Mommy issues in a show.  Normally, things like that are nails on the chalkboard for me, but I do think it would work here.

• Love 1

I don't know why JuliEveRenard couldn't have just said I have a headache, not tonight. You don't have to bang someone just because they proposition you!

This!  Not dead Juliette Eve should have told Rachel this was a business and not a booty call meeting!

Oh!  Not dead Juliette Eve should have met Rachel in her campaign office.

I did like Rosalie saying something about 'I wonder what that was like?' when Nick said JuliEveRenard slept with campaign chick (not knowing that there was a 'mechanical' failure there). Cause I thought that too, if I was suddenly in a man's body I wouldn't know how that all worked from that point of view! It would be very odd. I'd probably just practice peeing standing up all day because that would be a huge advantage in my life!

LMAO!  I would spend all day trying to figure out if I should buy boxers or briefs and how to get things..ummmm...situated!  OMG!  I could see myself peeking over at the other men in the bathroom to see how to do...whatever and shake things off...

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 3

They're insulting the audience if they think that merely revealing the long awaited Magic Stick™ can satisfy the audience.  This sad show has been renewed, so they think that they have another 100 episodes to figure out what to do with it.

I was not aware the show got a renewal until I read your post. I can only hope the network told the producers Season 6 will be their last and they need to start wrapping things up, because clearly Season 5 has done nothing to move itself towards any kind of end-game. Black Claws vs. Hadrian's Wall has been the same sort of ill-defined backdrop that The Royals vs. The Resistance has been for the past four years. They just swapped out one enigmatic premise for another.

Actually what did surprise me was Diana being all happy "Daddy".. when she barely knows him.

Barely? She's never even met him. Unless you count the one time she saw him as a baby (last year). Clearly the child ain't right. Trust me, Rhoda Penmark has nothing on this kid.

Juliette not Eve raped Rachel, period.

They didn't actually have sex because Eve as Renard couldn't get it up. Unless they tried again afterwards and succeeded, and I missed something. But even then, I've always been uncomfortable applying that term so liberally that it can encompass ridiculously impossible situations like someone magically transforming themselves into another person and tricking someone into sleeping with them, or identical twins tricking their sibling's significant others into sex like they do on soap operas all the time. Face it, this is far from a fact-based reality. 

• Love 3
I do think that Adalind is on her way to being evil again--the problem is that the writers can't figure out exactly what hexenbiests, a creature THEY created, actually are.  Until they figure that out, I think we're going to get a lot of wishy-washiness on the subject.

I wish that the writers provided details on what Grimms and wesen can do.  It was interesting when the books showed physical characteristics of wesen.  Like the soft spot on the lower back of blutbaden.

I guess he has a thing for women who bring horror and tragedy into his life, as long as they eventually turn into Blandy McBlanderson.

I don't think that Adalind's been forgiven.  I think that there's a lot of criticism that she's with Nick.  When Nick gets back with Juliette, there will be a lot of criticism too.  As hexenbiests, they're both manipulative and have done awful things. 

Is this show pitting women against each other because the prize is Nick?  Of course, Nick can't be with an evil person, so she has to be redeemed and become boring.  If she becomes evil again (Adalind), Nick gets to drop her.  When she becomes good again (Juliette), Nick can get with her.

I'm irritated that Adalind and Juliette seem to revolve around who gets to be Nick's girlfriend.

I was not aware the show got a renewal until I read your post. I can only hope the network told the producers Season 6 will be their last and they need to start wrapping things up, because clearly Season 5 has done nothing to move itself towards any kind of end-game. Black Claws vs. Hadrian's Wall has been the same sort of ill-defined backdrop that The Royals vs. The Resistance has been for the past four years. They just swapped out one enigmatic premise for another.

I agree.  If S6 is the last season, I don't know how they'll offer adequate closure when there are so many questions and dropped storylines.  Even now, nobody knows what the Magic Stick can do or what its history is.  I also would like to know what has happened to some of the wesen, like the young blutbat that Monroe helped.

They didn't actually have sex because Eve as Renard couldn't get it up. Unless they tried again afterwards and succeeded, and I missed something. But even then, I've always been uncomfortable applying that term so liberally that it can encompass ridiculously impossible situations like someone magically transforming themselves into another person and tricking someone into sleeping with them, or identical twins tricking their sibling's significant others into sex like they do on soap operas all the time. Face it, this is far from a fact-based reality. 

Maybe this is overly cynical of me, but it almost seems like the Evenard/Rachel scene was just there to rub it in the faces of people who called what Adalind did to Nick rape.  Some ass in the writing room was thinking, "Well, let's see what they can do with THIS!  Bwahahaha!"  But then, that would probably be giving the writers too much credit.

As for what Evenard did to Rachel...I'm going to stay out of the "was it rape" argument as I can see both sides and, honestly, I think the intention was to cloud matters so that maybe (ha!) people would drop the point that Adalind raped Nick (which she did).  What happened between Evenard and Rachel was all sorts of icky and that's where I'm going to leave it.  However, was it ever addressed between Rachel and Renard this week?  I mean, I don't know how they could continue their, ahem, relationship without some mention of "that one time" by Rachel and Renard, in turn, being all offended that she dared to insult his manhood....

Also, if Rachel wants Renard to reconnect with Adalind to have the happy family...where does she herself in all that?  Does she really think that it would be possible for Renard to keep his side deal with her?  Does she even want that?  Although, there is a part of me that would like, if Adalind and Renard decide to do the happy family thing, for Adalind to find out Renard is cheating on her....

As for what Evenard did to Rachel...I'm going to stay out of the "was it rape" argument as I can see both sides and, honestly, I think the intention was to cloud matters so that maybe (ha!) people would drop the point that Adalind raped Nick (which she did).  What happened between Evenard and Rachel was all sorts of icky and that's where I'm going to leave it.  However, was it ever addressed between Rachel and Renard this week?  I mean, I don't know how they could continue their, ahem, relationship without some mention of "that one time" by Rachel and Renard, in turn, being all offended that she dared to insult his manhood....

I think it was definitely something less than consensual sex.  And totally unnecessary.  I really disrespect the writers for going there.

Yes, the episode was addressed this week.  I have terrible memory as to dialog, but at the end of their latest horizontal mambo, she says something like "well at least it worked this time", and he was all "huh?" and I forget what she said next but it was basically like it's all good and he seemed to accept it without further question.

My take is that Rachel is just using sex as a tool to grease the wheels of getting Renard to be their man in the government.  She wouldn't care if the side action didn't continue, but she wouldn't mind if it did. 

• Love 2

I'm curious as to how Eve got Rachel to leave so that she (Eve) could get out of the house before the real Renard came back. After the scene we saw where Eve as Renard said, "That's never happened before!" did Eve fire off a hundred questions and then say, "Thank you for the information. You may go now!" and just shove her out the door?

Barely? She's never even met him. Unless you count the one time she saw him as a baby (last year). Clearly the child ain't right. Trust me, Rhoda Penmark has nothing on this kid.

So I am not alone in thinking that Diana won't be all rainbows and sunshine?  I think she will veer towards the darker side of things?

• Love 1

So I am not alone in thinking that Diana won't be all rainbows and sunshine?  I think she will veer towards the darker side of things?

One thing this show has only rarely succeeded with is the truly creepy--and there are few things creepier than a creepy kid.  So, yeah, I hope Diana has her issues.

• Love 1

The last time Renard saw Diana was in the limo when they rescued the child from Viktor, so there is no way in hell she knows the man as "Daddy."

Rachel told Renard their current round of sex was better than the last one, which I thought indicated not dead Juliette Eve Renard was horrible in bed!

Yes, not dead Juliette Eve as Renard #2 had sex with Rachel.  

The last time Renard saw Diana was in the limo when they rescued the child from Viktor, so there is no way in hell she knows the man as "Daddy."

Well, she remembers Meisner pulling her from Adalind's birth canal, so why shouldn't she remember Renard?

Rachel told Renard their current round of sex was better than the last one, which I thought indicated not dead Juliette Eve Renard was horrible in bed!

Of course she was...she couldn't get it up, which is what I'm sure Rachel was referring to.  Now, the rest depends on what you define as "having sex" versus, say, "fooling around" and, as I said before, that whole thing was all sorts of icky...so I'll leave it there....

• Love 2

For a horrifying moment, when Rachel said that she will fix Renard not having a family, I thought that she would reveal that she was pregnant by Juliette.

Me toooo

I know I complain about it weekly, but can someone explain to me the appeal of JuliEve wandering around town and delivering lines in an ineffective monotone while wearing the most ridiculously obvious wigs?

Seriously, if anyone is not rocking the Portland hipster vibe, it's JuliEve.

As for the rest, meh.

• Love 3

I know I complain about it weekly, but can someone explain to me the appeal of JuliEve wandering around town and delivering lines in an ineffective monotone while wearing the most ridiculously obvious wigs?

Seriously, if anyone is not rocking the Portland hipster vibe, it's JuliEve.

As for the rest, meh.

I see a couple of primetime shows have eliminated a few of their female leads and Grimm could or would not leave Juliette dead.  Seriously?!  BT is horrible as Juliette!

• Love 3

JuliEVE's....errr..."impassioned" speech to Adalind is the beginning of the future awesome arc for her turning back to being Juliette again, just as Aldalind is turning back into a hexie.

So, Nick only has two choices:

The woman who brought all of the problems into his life or the one who got his mom's head cut off. 

So, don't you worry about Juliette being seen as evil and being shunned. Nick is about to get a case of happy pants again, so, yay? As I see it, if Juliette hadn't "died" and become Eve, Nick would have jumped right back on that train. Because clearly there are no other women who would be attracted to a guy that unattractive and...oh, wait.

I guess he has a thing for women who bring horror and tragedy into his life, as long as they eventually turn into Blandy McBlanderson.

Nick has a third choice - choose himself. Not that he will, but he could say FU to both of them. Just kidding. The show would never let anyone but Rosalee and Monroe make healthy choices.
  • Love 2

I'd stated earlier that Nick is not hugely dynamic, so he needs a woman by his side who is much more fiesty and fiery. 

ArghI  And this is what is driving me crazy...instead of trying to stick Nick with someone dynamic, why not make HIM dynamic?   He's the freakin' main character, FFS!  He's at the worst this season and it just sinks lower with each and every episode.  Sigh...

Just...I just wish that they would invest SOME energy into the main character of this show.  They can have the freakiest circus around him, but if your main character is dead weight, the show will sink no matter what...

• Love 1

Wasn't Hank supposed to get a love interest this season? Guess that was scrapped, if so, why publicize it as one of the stories happening?

Because the folks who make promises  always seem to over-promise and under-deliver.  It's taken us until late S5 to get anthing resembling a clue about the Keys, then *boom!* not only it that explained away, but now there's the thing the keys "protected" and they aren't really doing much with that, bread-crumb-wise, as far as I can tell. This episode Nick just stared at it and hid it in a "hiding area" that Adalind, someone he barely trusts now and can't control even without her hexen powers.

The last two times Hank got close to a romance was Adalind in S1 and his PT trainer in S3 or 4. The first left him thisclose to death and the second was not written very well. I am betting that the 'Hank's getting a love interest' was primarily due to a direct question and/or to placate Roger.

I know that Meisner sent Teresa off to South America, but it's been a minute in-show. Where is she and where is Meisner? Has it actually been mentioned?

• Love 1

Because the folks who make promises  always seem to over-promise and under-deliver.  It's taken us until late S5 to get anthing resembling a clue about the Keys, then *boom!* not only it that explained away, but now there's the thing the keys "protected" and they aren't really doing much with that, bread-crumb-wise, as far as I can tell. This episode Nick just stared at it and hid it in a "hiding area" that Adalind, someone he barely trusts now and can't control even without her hexen powers.

The last two times Hank got close to a romance was Adalind in S1 and his PT trainer in S3 or 4. The first left him thisclose to death and the second was not written very well. I am betting that the 'Hank's getting a love interest' was primarily due to a direct question and/or to placate Roger.

I know that Meisner sent Teresa off to South America, but it's been a minute in-show. Where is she and where is Meisner? Has it actually been mentioned?

Why should it placate Roger when SR's character has slept with Adalind, Catherine, Mia, Juliette, and Rachel in five years?!  Hank is a three time divorcee and I was really hoping the show would have given him a stable relationship with his therapist.  Nick will be in a triangle with Adalind and not dead Juliette Eve.  Monroe and Rosalie are the most stable couple.  It would be nice if Wu had a love interest.   We know Bud is married with kids.

Edited by Darklazr

Why should it placate Roger...

Because they keep teasing  four times divorced Hank  with someone then bungle it.  Maybe he has asked for a love interest, was all I was suggesting. Besides, everyone else but Wu has had multiple shots at romantic stories. Why not let Hank have a love interest, wesen or not?  It isn't taking anything away and Hornsby would be great. We saw it with his PT therapist.

Because they keep teasing  four times divorced Hank  with someone then bungle it.  Maybe he has asked for a love interest, was all I was suggesting. Besides, everyone else but Wu has had multiple shots at romantic stories. Why not let Hank have a love interest, wesen or not?  It isn't taking anything away and Hornsby would be great. We saw it with his PT therapist.

There are times that I hate posting comments on boards, because the tone of my comment may seem harsh.   I, too, noticed the show bungles Hank's romances and that is a shame!   Hank and his therapist should have had a romance all along and just now thinking about marriage, but obviously nervous at the same time!

Exactly. But it wouldn't be a Grimm thread without the obsession with rape informing every discussion.
  • Love 2

By forgiven, I'm not sure if you mean Nick, the other characters, or the audience. I just meant that Nick has only been with two women. The blandiest bland Juliette, and Adalind, who he didn't get with until she also turned really bland.

I'd stated earlier that Nick is not hugely dynamic, so he needs a woman by his side who is much more fiesty and fiery. That's why he and Adalind had tons of chemistry, while he and Juliette had as much chemistry as wet bread.

So, what I meant was that Nick the character seems to only have two choices of women, and both of them must have made his life a living hell but be bland when they're with him. So by the time they pair him up with his mother's killer, Juliette will be wallpaper again, as opposed to just being comically ridiculous with the wigs and overdone eye makeup and robotic voice.

Response in Nick thread.

You know what irritates me? That with all the amazing, rich history and traditions Japan has that this show could mine for WotW cases, we get more samurai honor bullshit, because television finds it too hard to EVER do ANYTHING different when it comes to Japan. Gah. Anyways.

JuliEve. Wow. She can open doors with her MIND, MAN. TRIP THE FUCK OUT. Like, WOW, man. Just, WOW. 

Is there something she has against allowing other people to initiate or end conversations? Seriously. I can't. It's always these short, choppy sentences with her, and never a "hey, how's it going" or "hello" or anything resembling a greeting, or a goodbye at the end. God forbid she use basic manners or something. SUCH A BADASS.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm actually enjoying Nick going back to his Grimming this season. I mean, there are cop cases that he takes care of the cop way, but there are Grimm crimes that can't be resolved in human court, and that's part of the point of being a Grimm. He needs to have the freedom to act to keep the peace in Portland when there is Wesen crime that can't be resolved any other way. It's something I've missed and I'm glad the show is going back to it. Now if only we could get a few heads in boxes... Seriously though, especially with the Council gone, SOMEONE needs to get shit done.

Also, TURN THE DAMN LIGHTS ON, JESUS, DO YOU HAVE NO BUDGET??? SERIOUSLY I WILL MAIL YOU SOME LIGHT BULBS GIVE ME THE ADDRESS.

• Love 1
On 4/16/2016 at 9:12 PM, OtterMommy said:

The one difference between Adalind's situation and Eve's situation is that Adalind did her thing in order to rape Nick--there was no question that was her intent.  Eve didn't know that the evening was going to go down that way.  I'm not giving her a pass--there is this word that any man or woman should be empowered enough to say and that is "No."  And, not that I'm advocating force, but Renard (er, Evenard) is bigger than Rachel and could have disentangled himself/herself/whatever.  So, yeah...the latter case was bad...but it was different than what Adalind did.  And, therefore, different coals should be used for the raking.

For example...has Juliette (yes, Juliette!) actually been brainwashed to the point or lost any sense of self to the point where not only is willing to steal someone's identity but also basically prostitute herself?  Had she known ahead of time that Rachel and Renard had a physical relationship and therefore known what could or would happen, would she have been able to perform (and, yeah, THAT would have been flat out rape)?  If she is willing to at least try to sleep with Rachel for information, who else would she sleep with and what else would she do?

But, most of all, I find this whole thing--the way this show has handle sexuality and relationships--to be offensive and nauseating.  And I'm afraid of what they are going to try next.

Oh just stop it. Adalind changed her appearance to seduce Nick with the main purpose of making him Grimmless. Why? She thought Victor would give her back her child if she complied with his request. Sex was part of the spell and she could only do it because Nick had exchanged bodily fluids with her in the past and stolen her powers. Framing it as rape is idiotic and ignores everything else that got them there. And if you insist on screaming rape, then he sexually assaulted her first in season one.  Nick wasn’t an innocent or a victim of a sexual attack and he was never portrayed as one. YMMV, of course, but I am not riding the rape train or working myself up into a frenzy over this.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2016 at 4:48 PM, spaulding said:

I want to hold out hope that Renard will get smarter. 

I think that it's only for Juliette's benefit.  Nick is an idiot, but his idiocy doesn't deter from how good and likeable the other characters are. 

Same with Adalind.  She rapes Nick, but this show thinks it's about being naughty.  Or that it's OK because they end up together in S5.

He's ready to be manipulated by Adalind.  If I liked Nick, maybe I could sympathize. 

I hate when a show does this.  Don't tell us what's happening.  Show us.  The writers seem to want to use a narrative to explain to the audience what it should be feeling or how it should react instead of allowing the audience to draw its own conclusion.

You would think that maybe Nick would react later or that he would start to plot against Adalind.  No, he'll keep her out of the loop, but he'll still play house with her. 

I still side-eye Juliette/Eve for being meh about what she and Black Claw lady did.  Juliette was pretty pissed at Nick and Adalind when Adalind raped Nick.  Now, it's no big deal when she does it for the sake of the mission.  As a biest, she's as manipulative as Adalind.

How is Nick being manipulated by Adalind?

Nick is conflicted. He cares about Adalind, but he is listening to Eve and two-faced Rosalee, not to mention their history as enemies is coloring his judgement.

Juliette was pissed that her man slept with Adalind in their bed and couldn’t tell that something was off. At no time did anyone claim that Nick was raped. Nick did not claim he was raped. Nick didn’t play the role of victim. Juliette didn’t claim Adalind raped Nick. Rape is being screamed by fans that can’t distinguish between reality and fantasy. 

• Love 1