Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Melissa's Announcement

• Start Topic

I find it interesting that when Nia had the opportunity to do a video hand have a phone call on her own, that she was betraying the team and not honoring her priority commitment - thus saith Melissa. From the preview, when Maddie has a n opportunity to do something else on her own, it's and "I Will Always Love You" moment where she has no option but to move on and share her greatness with the world. Thus saith Melissa.

• Love 5

Maddie: 'I don’t want to always be seen as a reality TV person,' she told Hunger magazine of her decision to leave Dance Moms.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3534666/Teen-dancing-queen-Maddie-Ziegler-dazzles-models-series-dramatic-make-looks-whimsical-Paper-magazine-shoot.html

Good luck. There are like 10? people who've successfully made that transition from reality tv to any legit entertaining career outside of it. And I can't think of any who were/are super successful and well respected. Please correct me if I'm forgetting someone.

• Love 7

Someone's been reading her own press and listening to her mother's delusions. I actually hope she proves me wrong. But non-competitive reality? I can only think of Jamie Chung. She's no Jamie Chung.

Comparable to the most successful American Idol winners or even RPDR queens (in their niches, obviously)? In her little girl dreams...

Again, I hope for her sake she surprises me and my fellow skeptics. But I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 4

Good luck. There are like 10? people who've successfully made that transition from reality tv to any legit entertaining career outside of it. And I can't think of any who were/are super successful and well respected. Please correct me if I'm forgetting someone.

The difference between her and most reality people is that she has a talent and an excellent work ethic.  She's made the transition successfully and there's no reason that she won't continue it.

• Love 5

It will be interesting to see, but I don't think Maddie will be super successful in the world outside reality TV.  She's gotten a few little things, but to become an adult movie star?  I don't see it. 

• Love 9

It will be interesting to see, but I don't think Maddie will be super successful in the world outside reality TV.  She's gotten a few little things, but to become an adult movie star?  I don't see it. 

The kid is 13.  Why would anyone predict a 13 year old's failure?  Who knows what any 13 year old will be doing as a adult?

• Love 4

Why not?  If Melissa is going to brag to the heavens about her golden child, then she's inviting commentary to agree or disagree.  It's yet another reason for not putting a child on reality TV or if you do learn when to shut up.  "In other words I call them as I see them."  I grant other people will see it differently and so the world goes round. 

• Love 12

Maddie: 'I don’t want to always be seen as a reality TV person,' she told Hunger magazine of her decision to leave Dance Moms.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3534666/Teen-dancing-queen-Maddie-Ziegler-dazzles-models-series-dramatic-make-looks-whimsical-Paper-magazine-shoot.html

Ha. Well maybe mom shouldn't have allowed her on the show. Reality tv leafs to nowhere.

The kid is 13. Why would anyone predict a 13 year old's failure? Who knows what any 13 year old will be doing as a adult?

Because reality tv leaDS to nowhere. And getting into Hollywood is hard. There is so much competition

• Love 3

Ha. Well maybe mom shouldn't have allowed her on the show. Reality tv leafs to nowhere.

Because reality tv leaDS to nowhere. And getting into Hollywood is hard. There is so much competition

The reality is that it is doubtful that any of the girls dancing on this show, including all the "guest" kids, are going to be dancing in top professional dance companies either.  But people like to talk about Kalani becoming a dancer or Brynn.  I tend to doubt it but I really hope it works out for all of them.  They all work really hard and are good kids.  But if we base it on facts it looks like Maddie has the best chance because she has been the only one plucked from the group by "Hollywood."   

Why not?  If Melissa is going to brag to the heavens about her golden child, then she's inviting commentary to agree or disagree.  It's yet another reason for not putting a child on reality TV or if you do learn when to shut up.  "In other words I call them as I see them."  I grant other people will see it differently and so the world goes round. 

Maddie's mother is repulsive and apparently doesn't know how to be humble, that doesn't mean that Maddie doesn't have a pretty good chance.

• Love 1

I base Maddie not having a good chance on that she simply doesn't seem to have much acting ability.  I think she may very well be successful in life, but she doesn't appear to me to all that special in her acting ability.  Melissa is the one who has put her daughter forward and in a position for people to evaluate her performance and form opinions. 

I've said from day one of this show that dancers of the general ability of Abby's team were a dime a dozen in the dancing world.  I've never expected any of them to be the next great dancer in the US. 

• Love 11

I rolled my eyes through the entire episode.  Again, grain of salt since I know most of this is staged.  

I know it's been said time and time again, but I love how the show and the moms rewrite history.  Remember how Maddie and Kendall have been duet partners since the beginning of time?  Or not.  I remember Paige/Chloe/Maddie and their trio numbers.  I remember Maddie/Chloe and their duets.  But keep pretending that it was always about Kendall/Maddie. Also I'm a horrible human being but I was happy Kendall's duet lost to Kehlani's.  Mind you that was a no brainer just based on Kehlani being both a better technician and a better performer.

Can we talk about how that was 95% about Maddie leaving the team and 5% about Mack?  Can we talk about how we are supposed to believe that Melissa thought it was completely appropriate to tell Mack they were leaving the team for good on camera and at the same time as the rest of the girls?  Can we talk about how she didn't take her daughter aside to share the news and let her process her feelings?  Can we talk about how Melissa seems to care nothing about Mack's well being at all and it's only about Maddie?  How little consideration must you have for your daughter's feelings?  

• Love 15

Maddie has a lot of drive and is willing to work her butt off to improve. While I feel like she's experiencing her 15 minutes right now, I think she has the personality to succeed in life away from the cameras. I just hope that If/when her 15 minutes are up that she has a strong support system. She's at a pretty vulnerable age and Melissa comes off as pushing her into things sometimes.

Okay, so when Abby was explaining about Kendall and Maddie's duet, that Kendall would be the "bad" kid, she said VERY quietly and very snidely something along the lines of "typecasting" and I completely laughed out loud.

I liked the group dance.  I wish there would have been more showing of the two sides against each other though.

That was a shitty thing for Melissa to do to MacKenzie.

Edited by spidermiss2426
  • Love 3

It was really terrible of Melissa to not tell MacKenzie ahead of time and then say she couldn't handle even pulling her aside to tell her five minutes before everyone else. It also shows how she never even considered what MacKenzie wanted and the decision was all about Maddie. I know sometimes parents have to make decisions for their kids it still sucked to let it play out the way it did.

I don't have an issue with Maddie saying she wants to be seen as more than a reality star. I'd have an issue with her wanting to just be a reality star. That's not a great fate. It's unlikely she'll break out as a major movie star or anything, but I don't see what's wrong with her striving for that.

In one of those commercial break segments with the kids, Brynn declared that everyone looks good in skinny jeans. That is most definitely not true. Maybe everyone under the age of 13 though.

• Love 3

Melissa is an even worse mother than I thought. She doesn't give a crap about MacKenzie.  She tells the team and her own child they are leaving in 4 weeks?  So, because Maddie is becoming successful, Mackenzie isn't allowed to dance anymore. I guess she'll be sent back to Pittsburgh while mom pursues fame for her favorite kid.

• Love 6

Other thoughts

1. LMAO @ the 10 times they panned the audience so we could see the seats were full.  Every other competition we see a peek of the rows and rows and rows of empty seats.  Guess the competition was real.

2. I thought the group dance was great.  I thought the costumes were fine, and I love the idea of storytelling through dance, I love to watch Nia embody a character even when she isn't the focus of the dance.  She isn't going to be anyone's "go to girl," nor should Holly be pushing that agenda.

3.  I thought all the duets were great, I actually teared up a little during Nia/Mackenzie's duet

4.  Credit where its due, I think Kendall was really trying to put some emotion in her face during her dance.  Its hard to tell because Maddie can now really give a range of emotions in her face when she dances, but Kendall was pulling out some emotion there too.

5.  I wonder whats going to happen next year.  I'm not sure about Abby's court case, but she seems to have a lot to do, I think it would be great if they brought on someone else as a dance instructor, maybe someone that doesn't have the history with the girls and won't be playing favorites all the time.

I actually was quite emotional at the start of the episode... oops! 

Melissa is such a strange lady. Fancy not telling Mackenzie until they're all in the room and the TV cameras are on. What is wrong with her?!

However, Mackenzie really didn't seem to mind in the slightest. I guess she's not a big fan of being on the elite team/TV show... and perhaps it's because she's still doing acro routines for solos all the time, which she's clearly over and so are we. I'd love to see Mackenzie do a hip-hop solo next week (as per the preview). 

All dances were great, especially Maddie and Kalani's duet. And I loved the choreography of Maddie/Kendall's too, and Maddie's portrayal. 

Regarding Maddie wanting to break out of the 'reality tv' world, I don't see what's wrong with that. I also don't think it's too ludicrous to imagine either. She's got the face for film and works hard... who knows how her acting could improve. We will have to see. 

ETA: I hadn't realised Maddie was acting alongside Jacob Tremblay in this new movie. He's an astonishing little actor. I think everybody should hold fire before damning her acting career... for all we know something's clicked and she could be very good in this film. They were obviously casting it seriously. 

Edited by hellohoping

I base Maddie not having a good chance on that she simply doesn't seem to have much acting ability.  I think she may very well be successful in life, but she doesn't appear to me to all that special in her acting ability.  Melissa is the one who has put her daughter forward and in a position for people to evaluate her performance and form opinions. 

I've said from day one of this show that dancers of the general ability of Abby's team were a dime a dozen in the dancing world.  I've never expected any of them to be the next great dancer in the US. 

So are we just pretending this movie isn't happening? Watts is as good as it gets, and Jacob should have been nominated for an Oscar. Why would they cast her in a movie with talent like that ,if she had the skills amounting to kids on Barney and Friends?   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4572792/

• Love 1

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I thought the group dance this week was brilliant, but it didn't look like typical ALDC choreography... wonder if they got a guest choreographer in for it?

I also can't believe Melissa told Mack at the same time as she told the rest of the girls. But I do feel Ashlee forced her hand in that one, by mentioning something at pyramid about open spots coming up. Again, I don't know how staged it was, but it was a low blow for Ashlee. I also felt she kind of wanted Abby to admit to everyone that Brynn would be the 'new Maddie'

• Love 1

My take: I thought all the dances were great! I loved the Huntsman and would have loved to see what took 1st place as that was one of my favorite dances. Maddie & Kalani were beautiful and I think Kendall did very well in the duet - but you have to dance well every time not just when you're paired with Maddie. Nia and Mac - brought tears to my eyes - but I have to say that unless I knew the background to most of Abby's dances - they wouldn't make sense to me.

Are programs different these days where they give a little story to the pieces, especially lyrical, rather than just the dance name, studio and dancers?

I'm not a Maddie fan - but I loved her in the dances tonite. You can definitely see how much she has grown as a dancer and being able to express herself. What is this Sia movie?

On the other hand - Maddie is done with this - her talking head, her attitude or lack of expression when the announcement was made, seemed to me to be saying - I have better things to do. Mac was another story - either Melissa did not tell Mac before hand and it was highly edited or Mac knew all along and it was a production ploy. Her lack of emotion was either due to shock or she's a lousier actress than I thought.

I did actually feel bad for Abby tonite. She's lost a lot throughout the years - almost her studio, her dog, her mom, wonderful dancers and is now involved in the lawsuit. Melissa was so fake when telling Abby and I think Abby finally got it - Melissa's being your friend was all pretend. Yes Abby wanted Maddie to be a star and I'm sure she'd never hold her back - but Melissa's comment about her lawyer telling her not to say anything was the most telling - it's all about Melissa. And Maddie's blank stare when Abby was upset and crying - she seems to have become as cold as Melissa.

• Love 1
Can we talk about how that was 95% about Maddie leaving the team and 5% about Mack?  Can we talk about how we are supposed to believe that Melissa thought it was completely appropriate to tell Mack they were leaving the team for good on camera and at the same time as the rest of the girls?  Can we talk about how she didn't take her daughter aside to share the news and let her process her feelings?  Can we talk about how Melissa seems to care nothing about Mack's well being at all and it's only about Maddie?  How little consideration must you have for your daughter's feelings?  

Yes and yes again!! I could not believe how this was handled.  I guess she needs her lawyer to also instruct her on how to be a Mom to TWO daughters.  Perhaps that was too expensive of a legal document for her to justify?  It also seemed as though Abby was wondering why she handled telling her on camera, and not telling her in private, ahead of the filming.  If it happened that way, then double shame on Melissa for selling out.  She really does make me nauseous watching her on my screen.  She is so fake and transparent and DUMB, it's unbelievable.

I would never, ever root for a child to fail but Melissa is pushing me to the brink.  Her smugness and haughty attitude bring me "this close" to hoping Maddie doesn't make it -- just to wipe that shit-eating grin off of Melissa's face.  I hate myself for it because it isn't Maddie's fault.  I think she's a beautiful, gifted girl. I always thought Melissa was a bit of a crazy stage mom, but in the beginning you could see the (well-deserved) pride in her daughter above everything else. It's moved beyond this now...it's as much, if not more, about Melissa.  It makes me sick.  I'll miss Maddie and Mack but if the trade off is that they're taking Mama Rose (and her attorney) with them, I can live with that.  I would love to see this show go up in ratings after they're gone (even though, per Melissa, she and her daughters are the reason the show is successful -- suck it!)

It's the editing, you say?  Well, then Melissa is getting screwed and maybe that's what her attorney should be concentrating on.  Maybe he could work on Jill's editing, too. 

That said, I really do wish both of those girls the best of luck. I hope their mother's shenanigans don't cost them what they really want.

Edited by RalyWilmy
  • Love 2

I'm not a good judge of acting ability in kids but based on the top agents, producers and directors hiring Maddie, she must be kind of special in her acting ability.  Or she has that something that makes them want her in their productions. 

I would never, ever root for a child to fail but Melissa is pushing me to the brink.  Her smugness and haughty attitude bring me "this close" to hoping Maddie doesn't make it -- just to wipe that shit-eating grin off of Melissa's face.  I hate myself for it because it isn't Maddie's fault. 

I know, Melissa is hard to bear.  

Has any of these women lost their marriages due to abandonment?  They have left their families behind and now that the show is ending, how is it going to work?

A few small parts and one acting gig do not a career make.  When she does an outstanding job in at least a couple of major roles, I'll reconsider my opinion.  Major talent agencies have taken on duds before and will do it again.  One film is not a career and we haven't seen how well or how poorly she handles it.  I need proof before crowning Maddie a great actor.  I simply do not expect to be seeing her name around much in three years.  May she prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Love 8

Has any of these women lost their marriages due to abandonment?  They have left their families behind and now that the show is ending, how is it going to work?

OMG, and can you imagine how awful most of them will be when they have to return to normal life?  That will be UGLY -- particularly in the Vertes household.

• Love 1

But I do feel Ashlee forced her hand in that one,

She's almost as sneaky and devious as Melissa.

Does anyone recall an instance where Maddie or Melissa mentioned Kendall being Maddie's best friend? I've heard Jill and Kendall say it over and over, but I don't remember Maddie or Melissa saying.

If Mack truly wants to stay with the ALDC, why not let her stay with Jill or Holly? Kalani's mother had no problem letting her stay with Melissa. Wait, that would mean Melissa was actually thinking about Mack and what she wants.

• Love 1

I really hope that Mackenzie knew all along and the show was scripted.  Otherwise, Melissa is horrible.  She doesn't think about Mac's feelings at all.  This was something that should have been discussed with her.  It's terrible if she learned about it at the same time as the other girls.  What if Mac wanted to stay?  I know Melissa just wants to go with Maddie because she's living vicariously through her.  She didn't even want to talk to Mac five minutes before when Holly (or another mom) asked her.

Kalani and Maddie were gorgeous.  The other two duets were choreographed well.  Kendall smiled through a lot of it so she wasn't playing a bad girl to me.  Nia and Mackenzie showed the right emotion but the dancing was just o.k.  It's a good thing they were in the Junior division.

As others have mentioned, I don't remember a lot of Kendall/Maddie duets.  I remember Maddie/Paige/Chloe trios or Chloe/Maddie duets.

I don't know if Maddie is going to make it big or not.  I do think that she's motivated and a very hard worker.  I can see her getting better with acting with practice. 

Edited by realdancemom

Whether Maddie's next couple of years are successful in acting, making the jump from child star to adult actor is MUCH harder. Look at all those folks who were true stars as kids (Macaulay Culkin, Haley Joel Osmet, Johnathan Lipnicki) who couldn't make the transition. And it's even harder for girls. The girls of Disney (Miley, Raven, Demi Lovato, Zendaya) all have had a really tough time of it. Folks like Anna Chumsky, who actually could act as a child went through a phase where she didn't work regularly as a twenty something. The odds are stacked against her going from reality TV to child actor to successful adult actor, period.

• Love 3

I think that Acting is a skill that can be honed by experience, while there are some people just born with the skill.  No idea of the future success, it depends how much support she will get,. Right now some shows hire her specifically to bring along her audience from this show, in the future she will lose it, so will have to do it on her own skill. I Don't think she will be a dancer except peripherally, but she can become an actress and if that is where she is going, let's start a pool of how long before she becomes a blonde? 

I am hoping that McKenzie might get a chance to go back to school, she said stuff about missing school in the past and she seems like an intelligent child, so that would be a good thing for her.

I wish them luck.

So that leaves Nia as the last original dancer. I wonder if she will get any respect now? 

• Love 1

I would never, ever root for a child to fail but Melissa is pushing me to the brink.  Her smugness and haughty attitude bring me "this close" to hoping Maddie doesn't make it -- just to wipe that shit-eating grin off of Melissa's face.  I hate myself for it because it isn't Maddie's fault. 

The one thing that swayed me in that direction last night was Melissa's utter disregard for Mack.  Since the only thing that matters to Melissa is Maddie's success, I didn't want Maddie to have any success.  Maybe then she can learn to see her kids as more than a meal ticket, and only value them for what success they can bring to her.

But at the same time, I'm just not that into Maddie -- she is a great dancer, but her personality puts me off.

Whether Maddie's next couple of years are successful in acting, making the jump from child star to adult actor is MUCH harder. Look at all those folks who were true stars as kids (Macaulay Culkin, Haley Joel Osmet, Johnathan Lipnicki) who couldn't make the transition. And it's even harder for girls. The girls of Disney (Miley, Raven, Demi Lovato, Zendaya) all have had a really tough time of it. Folks like Anna Chumsky, who actually could act as a child went through a phase where she didn't work regularly as a twenty something. The odds are stacked against her going from reality TV to child actor to successful adult actor, period.

This.  The last think Macaulay Culkin did was Party Monster (or the last big thing, I think he may do some voice over work).  I haven't seen Haley Joel Osmet at all, and he was great in the Sixth Sense.

And while Maddie has gotten this movie gig, I don't particularly think that speaks to her talent.  It could be that its a relatively small role that has always been reserved for "young girl of the moment that will attract a bigger pre-teen audience to the movie"

I'm not saying its impossible, its just a hard road to pave.  I get that Maddie needed to make a break with the reality TV world, but I think it would have been better for her to stay with the show and do "guest appearances" and continue to have Mack on the team.  That way Melissa gets the fame she wants on two fronts.  Because given Melissa's lack of talent, reality TV is probably the best venue for Melissa to have people see her.

• Love 1

Ba ha ha, and on to another reality television show she goes, this time competitive reality.  So funny that Abby directly called her out on SYTYCD The Next Generation and it was denied.

Kalani and Maddie were gorgeous.

Indeed.

I was ticked about the camera work on the hunt dance.  

I hope and pray that it was a fake that Mackenzie didn't know or that was some heinous parenting, but of course, this is Melissa we are talking about.

Edited by NextIteration

The kids who have it the worse are the funny looking ones or, honestly, the down right homely.  It's cute when a little kid is funny looking, not so cute as a grown up.   Miley is all about nepotism but Raven, Demi, and Zendaya have all apparently worked really hard, never given up and ultimately are successful. 

I think the child actors who stay attractive have the best shot because Hollywood is superficial.  It's definitely too soon to know if Maddie will be an adult actor, but we can give her credit for accomplishing a lot so far.  Good for her!

Have any of the dancers who have been highlighted on the show over the past 5 years, not just Abby's students, but others, had any success?  It would be nice to hear about some of the older girls.   

Ba ha ha, and on to another reality television show she goes, this time competitive reality.  So funny that Abby directly called her out on SYTYCD The Next Generation and it was denied.

i noticed that Melissa specifically said that Maddie is not dancing on SYTYCD:  The Next Generation.  That way, she can say that she didn't lie since Maddie is judging.

• Love 1

She's almost as sneaky and devious as Melissa.

Does anyone recall an instance where Maddie or Melissa mentioned Kendall being Maddie's best friend? I've heard Jill and Kendall say it over and over, but I don't remember Maddie or Melissa saying.

Last night Melissa said how Abby gave Maddie duets with her two best friends. That's as close as I've heard.

i noticed that Melissa specifically said that Maddie is not dancing on SYTYCD:  The Next Generation.  That way, she can say that she didn't lie since Maddie is judging.

Yes and she said it with a big smirk on her face, making clear she knew at that point that Maddie would be judging.

I agree with above comments that it's very bad of Melissa to tell Abby for the first time in front of the cameras. And I agree Abby seemed quite (silently) taken aback by that. As awful as Abby is, she's always been good to those girls and Melissa owed her a genuine, human explanation... not a conversation saved for when cameras are rolling. Same with Mackenzie, but then that goes without saying.

ETA: I'm not sure Maddie's ever mentioned her and Kendall's friendship on the show, but for the last year or so she's made quite a fuss of Kendall on social media. I think that's genuine from both sides.

Edited by hellohoping
  • Love 2

So did I miss something?  Is Abby no longer "Maddie" & "Mac's" "Manager or "Agent"?

I thought she was.

I am sure the show will be ending soon.  The girls are getting older and Abby and her legal woes.

I don't believe for 1 moment that Mac did not know before this aired.  As much as I have learned about this show over the years and how much is fake I don't believe it for 1 minute.  Say what you may about Melissa, but I just don't believe it.  I actually believe Abby knew, she had to due to contract reasons, but I guess they think that makes better tv.  I do not like Brynn's mother at all.  Her comments on every episode have been out of line and no Brynn is not replacing anyone.

I actually think Kalani is outgrowing this show.  She is a beautiful girl and dancer.  I love to see her dance and she seems like a great kid and not a brat.

I will be surprised if they come back for another season.

I say good luck to all, there is nothing wrong with following your dreams if they are your own...

Save your tears for the toilet, huh Abby? Yeah, sorry. Can't feel bad for her.

Whether Maddie "makes it" or not remains to be seen. I do think that she's at a level of fame that is nearly impossible to sustain long-term. I am not ready to say that the role was entirely due to amazing acting talent as much as it is due to her recent fame and representation (WME!). *Kanye shrug* I also have no expectations since I've never seen her act before.

I think Mack is also repped by WME so that's probably partly why she left as well. I do think this show hurts Maddie and Mackenzie more than it helps them if they are interested in a serious career.

I think Jill is going to have a lot of trouble adjusting to the change. But sorry, a Maddie and Kendall duet is nothing compared to Maddie and Kalani duet (or a Maddie and Chloe duet).

I'm kind of wondering if something else is going on with Kendall behind the scenes because Jill said that Kendall "has to put up with so much"??

In Jill's world, Kendall has to "put up" with not being as talented as Maddie and not being handed a career as Kendall K

I want to hate Abby, and many times I do hate Abby.....but I still do have a bit of a soft spot for her.  There are things she does that I think shows she really does love those girls.  Like yesterday night, she was talking to Maddie during the dance...giving some correction and she almost unconsciously petted her ponytail.  When I say it it sounds weird, but it was such a subconscious, affectionate move.  Even with Nia, who I think she treats the very, very worst, there have been times when she has been so kind to her.  One time she just said something offhand like "well, I'm always proud of you"  and I think she did end up showing up for Nia's video premiere (right?) even though she was pissy that she had nothing to do with it.  

There are so many times when I hate Abby, and I hate how she treats those girls, but there are other times when I can see her humanity and kindness and her love for those girls and it makes it so I can't really hate her as much as I want to hate her.

So did I miss something?  Is Abby no longer "Maddie" & "Mac's" "Manager or "Agent"?

I thought she was.

I am sure the show will be ending soon.  The girls are getting older and Abby and her legal woes.

I don't believe for 1 moment that Mac did not know before this aired.  As much as I have learned about this show over the years and how much is fake I don't believe it for 1 minute.  Say what you may about Melissa, but I just don't believe it.  I actually believe Abby knew, she had to due to contract reasons, but I guess they think that makes better tv.  I do not like Brynn's mother at all.  Her comments on every episode have been out of line and no Brynn is not replacing anyone.

I actually think Kalani is outgrowing this show.  She is a beautiful girl and dancer.  I love to see her dance and she seems like a great kid and not a brat.

I will be surprised if they come back for another season.

I say good luck to all, there is nothing wrong with following your dreams if they are your own...

If I didn't love Nia so much Kilani would be my absolute favorite girl.  She is such a neat girl.  Truly talented, works hard, sense of humor, no sense of superiority or smugness that you would expect from such a beautiful girl.  I love that she doesn't seem phased by any of the drama and doesn't really care, because she isn't working on a side gig of some sort.  I hope she finds success in the world of dance or that she gets more opportunities.  I just think she is a really neat girl -- and I'm not sure how that happened because Kira seems like she can be a nasty piece of work.

I wonder if they are going to try to overhaul the show somehow.  I feel like they have had some "guest stars" which reads a little like a try out for a more permanent position as Abby #2 (maybe Abby gives corrections during a weekly prison visit?)  I realize that the IRS/federal government doesn't mess around, but this really feels like Abby's first time at the rodeo, does anyone really think she is going to get a prison term, or just be ordered to pay back some money?

• Love 1

In an interview a few weeks back, Abby stated that Collins asked for 10 more episodes that start taping about now.  To me, this means that even continuing this season beyond the next couple weeks was in question.  Maddie and MacKenzie won't be participating - I think this is the end of the show.

• Love 1