Type keyword(s) to search

Guilt - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought Grace was going to get caught for planting the phone by those random people who took a selfie with her. It was too random otherwise. Not to mention the video camera in Finch's office catching Natalie. I know she took some of the footage, but it wasn't clear that she got it all.

Grace is pretty cold for stabbing herself like that. I kind of believe she could have killed someone, but I think don't think the show will go there.

Are we supposed to believe the cops had not already asked the stalker what he saw the night Molly was killed? I'm sure if they had and he said The Prince they wouldn't take it seriously, but it sounded like they hadn't interviewed him. I think he's a fake out though, they wouldn't reveal the real killer before the finale.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought Grace was going to get caught for planting the phone by those random people who took a selfie with her. It was too random otherwise. Not to mention the video camera in Finch's office catching Natalie. I know she took some of the footage, but it wasn't clear that she got it all.

Grace is pretty cold for stabbing herself like that. I kind of believe she could have killed someone, but I think don't think the show will go there.

Are we supposed to believe the cops had not already asked the stalker what he saw the night Molly was killed? I'm sure if they had and he said The Prince they wouldn't take it seriously, but it sounded like they hadn't interviewed him. I think he's a fake out though, they wouldn't reveal the real killer before the finale.

I agree that it's a fake out, but I think the stalker saw the Prince and Molly, but that we'll find out that she was still alive afterward, making him a horrible person (which we know), but not the killer. I agree about Grace, and, like many here, I kind of would be pleasantly shocked if we find out that she has been lying all this time, and is the killer. But that's the problem. She's been caught in a bunch of lies so far, and the killers in these types of shows are always almost foolproof in their plans and cover-up. I failed at being able to prick myself back in school to draw a blood sample, so I have no idea how someone stabs themselves.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if Luc ends up ODing. He was upset and in a bad place. So I can easily see him ODing. Either by accident or on purpose. Which should help blow up the crown's case against Grace too. 

• Love 1

I guess that's a definite answer on Grace killing Molly. I'm not surprised she didn't, but I am surprised they settled it this early.

There's no way it's the Prince with them going after him two episodes before the finale. Maybe it is the sidekick/aid or whatever that guy is to cover up for the Prince. That's rather boring though.

• Love 2
On 8/4/2016 at 10:51 PM, stlbf said:

I'm wondering if Luc ends up ODing. He was upset and in a bad place. So I can easily see him ODing. Either by accident or on purpose. Which should help blow up the crown's case against Grace too. 

Agreed, otherwise, I don't see a point in his drugs subplot.

4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I guess that's a definite answer on Grace killing Molly. I'm not surprised she didn't, but I am surprised they settled it this early.

There's no way it's the Prince with them going after him two episodes before the finale. Maybe it is the sidekick/aid or whatever that guy is to cover up for the Prince. That's rather boring though.

They made it obvious it wasn't her and this show certainly wasn't going to go there.  They also made Theo too obvious as well, so they're saving the twist for the finale.  It's boring either way because they didn't really provide that many plausible suspects and the rest of them are too minor/forgettable to care about if they're the killer.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Free said:

They made it obvious it wasn't her and this show certainly wasn't going to go there.  They also made Theo too obvious as well, so they're saving the twist for the finale.  It's boring either way because they didn't really provide that many plausible suspects and the rest of them are too minor/forgettable to care about if they're the killer.

Exactly. If it's not a main character I don't care one way or another. By main character I mean Natalie, Stan, Ros, Luc, and that blonde prostitute.  I consider the cop, the DA, and Molly's brother main characters too, but it's obviously not them.

Maybe it's Luc and his telling the cops about Grace being gone an hour was actually part of his plan.  I really can't think of any other reveal that would be interesting. Unless it's the stepfather we've barely seen?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Exactly. If it's not a main character I don't care one way or another. By main character I mean Natalie, Stan, Ros, Luc, and that blonde prostitute.  I consider the cop, the DA, and Molly's brother main characters too, but it's obviously not them.

Maybe it's Luc and his telling the cops about Grace being gone an hour was actually part of his plan.  I really can't think of any other reveal that would be interesting. Unless it's the stepfather we've barely seen?

Even the stepfather has been nothing but shady, otherwise the show did really go elsewhere beyond Grace and Theo as main suspects.

Haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but I guess you would have to add in the mysterious Russians that StepDaddyDearest is so frightened of crossing to the suspect list too. If Molly had been blackmailing Grace's stepdad and he is necessary for whatever criminal enterprise they are running then I can see her as trouble they needed to get rid of.

10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

See, I don't trust Grace, so to me that wasn't definitive.  I wonder if she was faking hypnosis and made up a story about seeing a man in bloody clothes.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but I guess you would have to add in the mysterious Russians that StepDaddyDearest is so frightened of crossing to the suspect list too. If Molly had been blackmailing Grace's stepdad and he is necessary for whatever criminal enterprise they are running then I can see her as trouble they needed to get rid of.

That sounds more like a side plot/red herring, especially when we haven't actually seen them, but it would be disappointing if that were the case.

• Love 1

It may depend on how long the mystery goes on. Cause I'm thinking that Molly's murder is just the beginning. We have Bruno's past, the prostitution, the prince and StepDaddyDearest. So the show is just scratching the surface.

I'm still watching, but I'm a couple weeks behind in all my shows. I'm trying not to get attached to any new Freeform shows because the ones I like get canceled (Recovery Road) and the ones I can't believe I'm still watching get renewed (Shadowhunters). 

Nope.  I'm watching too. I'm starting to think that the prince's bodyguard may have had a hand in Molly's murder. He went in to do damage control with a knocked up Molly, she wouldn't play ball and a fight happened. Hell, the prince could've walked in after and that is when Nigel took a peek out his window and saw him. Or the club backers could've sent someone to deal with Molly.

Which could tie into the brothel, clients and secret backers. Along with StepDaddyDearest's claims of threats against both Natalie and Grace and Bruno's assertion that the prince threatened Natalie to keep his silence at court, they all have reasons and the ability to kill Molly for various reasons.

The season finale should be fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Am I the only one still watching?

I have no new guesses on who the killer is. And I don't think we know enough about other missing person to know how it connects to Molly.

I am, it's like what I said before, this show didn't provide many suspects, most of it was spent on Grace and Theo, and other minor characters that didn't last long.

10 hours ago, Bama said:

Anyone know who the actor is that is playing Josh the prison guard?  He looks so familiar to me I can't for the life of me find out what his name is!

Not a Josh listed on IMDB, that I saw. There were only 3 or 4 guys listed for 2 episodes though.  Those guys did have credits on Brit shows like Casualty and Holby City.

As for Molly's killer, I'm starting to wonder if we have even met them/him/her yet. 10 episodes isn't a lot to tell a story like this. We just now are getting to another previous disappearance connected to the bordello. 

And what the hell is with Kaley? One day she is all over Roz, and suddenly she is all about Patrick Ryan. She wants him to leave the hemisphere with her now. Damn girl. Not that I blame her. But it seems to be a bit of an actual 180° turn in her sexuality. It might have been useful to have her mention that she might be Bi or "sexually fluid" in her trysts with Roz. And now poor Roz is stuck living with Luc? 

And why the hell was Bruno staying in hotel? It looked like he was there for sometime. Why wouldn't he have been moving constantly.  And OH, NOT CONTACTING HIS POLICE PARTNER! Kind of an easy way to found by big brother and private security.

One guess for the finale? Patrick accidentally shoots Kaley, instead of the prince. Anybody else have a prediction? 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2016 at 9:54 PM, KaveDweller said:

I agree, it will be the prince's assistant, which is completely lame.  Would prefer it to be Stan or Bruno.

• Love 1

I'm still thinking we haven't really seen all of possible killers. Luc, Grace, Roz, Nigel should be in the clear. Patrick and Kaley too. So that leaves the Prince and his guard, the now dead Finch, StepDaddyDearest, the mysterious backers and/or mysterious russians threatening StepDaddyDearest. 

Myself? I think that the Prince is a red herring. He seems to be way too crazy over Molly to brutality slash her to death. And if his guard did it, I just don't think that he would have him around. And a messy stabbing just doesn't seem to be his style.

• Love 1

I'm still watching too; I had to catch up on a few episodes since real life got in way. For a trashy summer show I feel I'm overly invested - in some of the characters, that is. Kaley, Patrick, Gwendolen (poor Gwen!), Bruno, Stan; I'll definitely watch a season 2 if those five show up. As for Nathalie I only enjoy her when she's squaring off against Stan and Grace is...Grace is only really interesting when she does something shady, like in this episode with the poor warden.

I still hope she did it. Actually, my deepest wish for this series is for the who-dunnit to be all about misdirection: the prince* thinks somebody random did it; the bodyguard thinks the prince did it; Luc thinks Grace did it, but love her too much to tell; Nathalie thinks the prince did it, etc. In the end the prince will go down for it (*he probably did kill that woman on the estate) and Grace will go free - only for the audience to learn that she actually is the sociopath we thought she was in the first few episodes.

But with my luck it'll either be the prince or somebody totally random like the stepfather's Russian mob friends. Or Luc. Because stuff.

17 hours ago, stlbf said:

And what the hell is with Kaley? One day she is all over Roz, and suddenly she is all about Patrick Ryan. She wants him to leave the hemisphere with her now. Damn girl. Not that I blame her. But it seems to be a bit of an actual 180° turn in her sexuality. It might have been useful to have her mention that she might be Bi or "sexually fluid" in her trysts with Roz.

I like Kaley a lot and my heart just sank when she accepted the prince's offer. Not that I hadn't figured it would happen as soon as I saw the price tag on the flyer for Australia, but still. I had hoped those to Irish kids would make it (yeah, I'm a sop). As for her sexuality I always thought she was bi - I think Roz knew it too, since she was the one who suggested the Courtnay to Kaley .

I'm sure that plenty of homosexual prostitutes have sex with paying clients of the opposite sex. And vice versa. But Kaley was hitting on Roz pretty hard to then just drop her after a couple of nights with Patrick. Maybe if she blamed Roz for everything that happened due to the connections at the bordello. Just a few more lines about Roz being to blame for Kaley being involved in two deaths. Or perhaps a quick conversation earlier in the series about Kaley being interested in men too. Then it wouldn't have been quite so shocking to see Kaley latch onto Patrick that fast.

• Love 1

I'm still watching too. I actually wish this show had been 20 episodes, because 10 doesn't seem like enough to wrap all this up in. I don't think I get how the missing dead woman connects to Molly or anyone else at all. Her picture was on her phone but I don't know why that would mean her disappearance and Molly's murder are linked. 

My guess is that we'll get a twist that Stepdad killed her. There's really no other surprise that makes sense.

• Love 1
On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Jenniferbug said:

I'm still watching too. I actually wish this show had been 20 episodes, because 10 doesn't seem like enough to wrap all this up in. I don't think I get how the missing dead woman connects to Molly or anyone else at all. Her picture was on her phone but I don't know why that would mean her disappearance and Molly's murder are linked. 

Which is why I'm thinking that next series they'll really be getting behind the courtnay and the murders. This series just feels like a first act. The getting to know the players stage. And with the new death this late in the game, I'm betting that they will be related.

• Love 2

I am at the point I would like it if Grace did it.  I would like an ending where Grace gets off on the murder charge.  Then we see a flashback that shows Grace really did kill Molly.

• Love 2

I thought that was a really great ending. I knew there was more to the story when Luc confessed so early. I didn't guess Ros and Molly were together though. I was actually expecting Grace to wipe the blood off then go get on the plane with Natalie, and that would have been a good series finale. But if this was renewed, I guess they need her to stay. Do we know if a renewal happened?

I thought something was weird in how Luc couldn't kill Molly quickly, but managed to expertly slit his own neck and die in seconds. I figured at the end we'd find out he was forced to cover up for someone even more powerful than the Coveny, but I guess that is just TV for you.

I don't get how the royal family is managing to mask a assassination attempt as a hunting accident, or why they would want to. I get not wanting the story about the hookers to come out, but it seems like they should manage to do that. I don't really care about that storyline though, so that's not a big deal.

Did not see the reveal of Stan being reporter girls wife coming. Interesting twist, and should set up some potential future plots.

• Love 3

I was actually hoping it was Luc early on, as he annoyed the heck out of me.  Making it the Prince's right-hand man was going to make me mad, as he wasn't really enough of a key player to be a suspect IMO. The gay relationship that can never be is a bit of a cliche, and I don't see how Roz exactly pulled off convincing Luc to do her dirty work, but I LOVED the twist at the end, as Grace certainly seemed capable of killing all season long, and this just proved that she sure had it in her!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, NorthstarATL said:

I was actually hoping it was Luc early on, as he annoyed the heck out of me.  Making it the Prince's right-hand man was going to make me mad, as he wasn't really enough of a key player to be a suspect IMO. The gay relationship that can never be is a bit of a cliche, and I don't see how Roz exactly pulled off convincing Luc to do her dirty work, but I LOVED the twist at the end, as Grace certainly seemed capable of killing all season long, and this just proved that she sure had it in her!

Roz probably manipulated him using blackmail/threats, that and his guilt of already killing someone hanging over him so he only dug himself a bigger hole by taking drugs to try and ease his pain.

• Love 2

I always knew Grace had it in her to kill her roommate, so I was glad to see I was right about that.  And OMG, is she STUPID!  Did she really think she could escape from jail with that guard and then live a normal life with her sister instead of being on the run for the rest of her life?  Dumbass, total dumbass.

What secret of Luc's was Roz going to expose if he didn't kill Molly?  I didn't catch what it was, but what could it possibly be that's worth killing over, especially someone that he didn't actually want to kill? 

• Love 1

I'm in for Season 2, I mean if it gets renewed. All I could find out was that it hasn't been cancelled.

I really hope it's renewed, there's so many plot threads left hanging they can easily get another season out of it at the very least.

• Love 1

That was a really good finale! I did not see the Roz and Molly connection coming so that was definitely a surprise. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with Grace if it's renewed- Roz doesn't necessarily have to be dead after Grace hit her on the head. I mean, it's likely she is, but I would also buy her being in a coma or something for part of a second season. 

Did they say why Luc killed that other woman? If they did, I missed it.

If this is renewed, I hope they cut the prince or at least seriously minimize the focus on him (maybe show him in a few flashbacks and that's it).

All in all, that was a surprisingly good series!

• Love 1
On 8/26/2016 at 9:27 AM, Jenniferbug said:

Did they say why Luc killed that other woman? If they did, I missed it.

She liked to get choked during sex and they went too far.  So it was technically an accident. 

• Love 1

Great series !!  There were no lulls  -   liked that !!!    Also, liked that all story lines linked directly to the main one.  Didn't see that ending coming, and I yelled in surprise and in some emotion I still can't identify !!  Hoping for a 2nd----