Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Popples said:

I adored that show as a child and just watched a documentary on it on YouTube a few months ago.

RIP Miss McQueen!

I remember that show, too! I used to watch it in the mornings before school. Aw. That's a shame-may she rest in peace.

Did not know there was a documentary about that show-will be watching that soon, then!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Popples said:

I adored that show as a child and just watched a documentary on it on YouTube a few months ago.

RIP Miss McQueen!

1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

And in Action Jackson as the woman hitting on Carl Weathers in a seductive way. And who could forget her performance as the Red Queen? I hope Whoopie puts out a statement.

59 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I remember that show, too! I used to watch it in the mornings before school. Aw. That's a shame-may she rest in peace.

Did not know there was a documentary about that show-will be watching that soon, then!

I will definitely have to make sure to check that out.

• Love 2

I've loved Ain't Misbehavin' since I saw the original cast on Broadway, way back in the stone age.  I've been playing the cast recording on a loop for the past 2 years (mixed in with Hamilton).  This news is so very sad.  She was a remarkable talent. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Omg I remember that show too! I will have to look up that documentary too!

You were a fabulous Red Queen, Ms. McQueen!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

And now two from the Los Angeles Dodgers family have died:  Ron Perranoski, age 84.  "Sweet Lou" Johnson, age 86.  

https://deadline.com/2020/10/ron-perranoski-sweet-lou-johnson-los-angeles-dodgers-obituaries-1234591055/

May all three of them rest in peace.

Edited by ClassicShowsFan

Armelia McQueen and Thomas Jefferson Byrd both had memorable guest appearances on season 4 of Living Single.  She played Russell's aunt, who was welcoming to Regine when he brought her to Auntie Liz's (in-home) family restaurant; and he played Max's sleazy landlord.  RIP.

• Love 6

I had somehow completely forgotten that Eddie Van Halen had cancer, so I had a total "No way!" reaction to reading he was dead at 65.  Fuck cancer.

I don't know anything about him as a person, but what a guitar player! 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, VCRTracking said:

Legendary guitar solo by EVH.

I was just coming to post the same thing! The first thing I thought of when I heard the news was his solo on "Beat It".  Probably my first air guitar performance ever  as a kid lol. 

RIP Eddie. Thanks for the music.

• Love 14

Europe:

Our love and thoughts go out to Eddie Van Halen’s family and friends at this time. 
Eddie was our generation’s Hendrix. He played from another place altogether. Unbelievable talent and virtuous. Technique, tone, feeling like no one else we’ve ever heard. 
Another LEGEND leaves us .... 
Joey, John, John, Mic, Ian

Def Leppard:

Very sad to hear about the passing of Eddie Van Halen.
“I saw Van Halen destroy Sabbath at the Sheffield City Hall in 1977 … Eddie was a big part of that, having essentially reinvented guitar playing just like Jimi Hendrix had done a generation earlier …. I had the pleasure of being on the same bill as Van Halen 7 years ago when Kings Of Chaos were on the same bill at the Stone Music Festival in Australia. I’m happy to say that his playing that night was as good as it’s ever been, he certainly shook things up when he came on the scene …. Rest In Peace Eddie” - Joe Elliott
"I distinctly remember the first moment I heard Eddie play. A good friend, also a guitarist, had just bought the first Van Halen album and came by my house and told me that I urgently needed to hear this. He wasn't wrong; it was a moment that redefined everything that I thought was possible about playing the guitar. The goalposts had just been moved. I stayed up all that night trying to learn from Eddie. Many, many decades later, and I'm still learning from Eddie." - Vivian Campbell

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

This news makes me cry, but I did get a bittersweet chuckle out of a tweet that said "RIP Eddie Van Halen. Somewhere David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar are fighting over who’s more broken up about the news."

Has Michael Anthony made a statement? That ended....badly.

There are a lot of great rock guitarists: Hendrix Clapton, Page, Prince, Slash, etc but when people air guitar, they're imitating Eddie Van Halen and the sound they imagine while air guitaring is Eddie's guitar! That rapid flourish of notes on the high end of the scale.

• Love 14

From Brian May:

Completely gutted to hear the sad news. This wonderful man was way too young to be taken. What a talent - what a legacy - probably the most original and dazzling rock guitarist in History. I think of him as a boy - an innocent prodigy - always full of joy, always modest - and those truly magical fingers opened a door to a new kind of playing. I treasure the moments we shared. His passing leaves a giant hole in my heart. RIP Ed Van Halen. Bri

image.thumb.jpeg.60df71b4b37ec9d355e852314bfcb754.jpeg

• Love 12

First Neil Peart, now Eddie Van Halen. This year has SUCKED for so many reasons, but it has been BRUTAL to the world of rock. Eddie could SHRED that guitar. May he RIP!

BTW, if anyone here subscribes to SiriusXM radio, the Ozzy's Bone Yard radio station has an EVH Tribute going on. As does the Deep Tracks radio station.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

First Neil Peart, now Eddie Van Halen. This year has SUCKED for so many reasons, but it has been BRUTAL to the world of rock. Eddie could SHRED that guitar. May he RIP!

BTW, if anyone here subscribes to SiriusXM radio, the Ozzy's Bone Yard radio station has an EVH Tribute going on.

I will make sure to listen to it.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, ClassicShowsFan said:

I thought that I would share Jump and Dreams.

Thanks for that. "Dreams" is my all time favorite VH song, and in my list of all time favorite songs.

I can't hear "Eruption" without thinking of my dearly departed boyfriend grinning like a fool and exclaiming "One guy! That's ONE GUY playing all that!" He said it every single time we listened to it!

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Thanks for that. "Dreams" is my all time favorite VH song, and in my list of all time favorite songs.

I can't hear "Eruption" without thinking of my dearly departed boyfriend grinning like a fool and exclaiming "One guy! That's ONE GUY playing all that!" He said it every single time we listened to it!

You’re welcome.

• Love 4