Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

The most moving part of the Spielberg documentary on HBO was learning that  Spielberg's mom left his dad for his best friend but his dad took the blame for the divorce because he knew he could handle their kids hating him more than she could them hating her. And because he thought he abandoned his family Spielberg didn't speak to his father for years. 

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2

Wouldn't really call her a "celebrity" but...

Cathy Smith, the dealer than gave John Belushi the fatal speedball, dies

It's funny, I actually just read Wired this week. I never knew that she was also girlfriend of Gordan Lightfoot and that "Sundown" was about her.

But I don't really have much to say about this one. Except it is strange to think that she died at 73 and John died at 33.

I've always admired how Judy Belushi recognized that Smith was just as much an addict as John was and was able to forgive her for her part in his death.

• Useful 8
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know what caused the brain injury of this young man? Landon Clifford, 19 yrs old of You Tube fame.  He was married and had two children.  For some reason it’s not being released that I could find.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/25/entertainment/landon-clifford-cam-fam-youtube-trnd/index.html

On that site that rhymes with Foo Moob, his   understandably shattered widow Camryn has posted an account of what happened to him  on  August 27,2020.

Please be advised that it goes into quite graphic detail of what led up to the  event  that took his life before his actual death and the many issues the two of them had dealt with prior to it.   This is not for the fainthearted or those who may be easily triggered via hearing accounts of others' serious struggles (which is why I'm not providing a direct link to it). 

I only hope that someone watching who may be considering taking one's own life will see this and truly consider how horrific the aftermath is for all their loved ones. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

This may be more of a local news story, but I think he had a huge audience (I watched many a broadcast via a fuzzy picture on my old portable TV).  Sid Noel, aka 'Morgus the Magificient' has died at 90.  He was well-known to many in the New Orleans area for his cheesy but very entertaining show that introduced equally cheesy sci-fi and horror movies. (For over 30 years!)  He will be missed by his assistant Chopsley and talking skull Eric. 

https://www.wwltv.com/article/entertainment/morgus-the-magnificent-creator-and-star-sidney-noel-rideau-dies-at-90/289-c081b565-d643-40c8-9327-2acf156d983f

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Blergh said:

On that site that rhymes with Foo Moob, his   understandably shattered widow Camryn has posted an account of what happened to him  on  August 27,2020.

Please be advised that it goes into quite graphic detail of what led up to the  event  that took his life before his actual death and the many issues the two of them had dealt with prior to it.   This is not for the fainthearted or those who may be easily triggered via hearing accounts of others' serious struggles (which is why I'm not providing a direct link to it). 

I only hope that someone watching who may be considering taking one's own life will see this and truly consider how horrific the aftermath is for all their loved ones. 

Oh, I was thinking seizures and brain damage.  I didn't realize it was this type of thing.  Thanks for the info. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Anduin said:

Chadwick Boseman, aged 43. Cancer. This one really gets me. I was only familiar with him through the MCU, but he struck me as a good sort of person. He will be missed.

I know I’m so sad! I came to share. What a great talent, I was looking forward to see more of what he would do. I loved him in Get on Up and 42.

No more Black Panther? Was the second one finished??

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I know I’m so sad! I came to share. What a great talent, I was looking forward to see more of what he would do. I loved him in Get on Up and Jackie.

No more Black Panther? Was the second one finished??

I know. Horrible. No, Black Panther 2 was not scheduled until 2022 so no filming yet.

• Love 1

I cannot with this year... I have really and truly reached the completely exhausted stage.

So apparently Chadwick Boseman had privately been battling colon cancer for the last four years. He passed away today.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

This is awful. Chadwick Boseman was a wonderful actor, I loved him in Marshall, where he exuded a Classic Hollywood charisma in every scene. Black Panther was such an important film for so many. 43 is way too young, and I had no idea he had cancer.

If I may echo the sentiment, rest in power, Mr. Boseman, and thank you for playing the kind of hero we need right now.

P.S.

Fuck cancer, and 2020 can go to hell. 

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Rest in Power Chadwick!  This is so sad.  I was not aware he was battling cancer.

He looked gravely ill in photos seen of him from a few months ago. Fans speculated that he was sick, but didn’t want to believe that what he was battling was terminal. He was a trooper though to be receiving treatment and surgery for the cancer in between filming. Sounds like he fought hard.

This is extremely sad. And unfortunate. May he RIP. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, NotChristine said:

Wow, I'm stunned. He still managed to film several films throughout his battle.

Yeah, I loved his performance as Thurgood Marshall in Marshall (the only thing I've seen him in other than as Jackie Robinson - another great performance - in 42), and now to learn that project was among these he prepped and performed "during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy" has me admiring his work even more. 

• Love 6

He played Jackie Robinson in 42 and died on Jackie Robinson Day. (It's also the birthday of Black Panther creator Jack Kirby.) This one has hit me hard. I've been a fan since 42 and loved him in everything I've seen him in since.

• Love 4

Chadwick Boseman — this is just heartbreaking news.  He was such a warm, lovely guy off camera and a tremendous, tremendous talent on camera.  I loved him in his Jackie Robinson, James Brown and Black Panther roles — he was amazing.  Bless you, Chadwick, and prayers of comfort to your family and those who loved you.  

• Love 13

I just re-watched the Chadwick Boseman / Jimmy Fallon episode on The Tonight Show when people tell a poster of The Black Panther what the movie meant to them - then Chadwick comes out from behind and surprises them.  I loved it then and seeing it again tonight brought such tears.  What a wonderful man he was.  If you get a chance, google the episode — it’s so heartwarming and heartbreaking.

• Love 20

I am completely gobsmacked about Chadwick Boseman!  And incredibly sad.  Such a great talent and so young.  I'm almost speechless!  I had no idea he was sick at all, much less so sick. 

It's going to be a rainy day here -- good day for a rewatch of Black Panther.  And maybe SNL's Black Jeopardy with T'Challa.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I just cried when I heard the news, What a beautiful and brave man to have worked so damn hard while battling cancer, he was a warrior. 

I'm just gonna co-sign this.  I don't even know what else to say.  I'm just really sad over his death.

• Love 11