Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

The Colemans have endured way too much loss, I hope they can find strength somehow.

I didn't know until today that her little brother - the one who found her the next morning after the guys dumped her in her own front yard - had died since the documentary came out (killed in a car accident, like their dad).  Her poor mother - over the course of about ten years, that woman has endured the deaths of her husband and two of her four kids. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I didn't know until today that her little brother - the one who found her the next morning after the guys dumped her in her own front yard - had died since the documentary came out (killed in a car accident, like their dad).  Her poor mother - over the course of about ten years, that woman has endured the deaths of her husband and two of her four kids. 

I didn't know that either! I like to believe in a Higher Power and that everything happens for a reason, but I will never understand why some people go through so much hurt and trauma. I pray for this woman to have strength, hope her two other kids are a huge comfort to her, and that she has a lot of support in her life. What she's endured is heartbreaking. 

12 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

Interesting and distressing article about the investigation into the death of Sushant Singh Rajput who was 34 when he died in June.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-53655118

Granted, I stopped watching Bollywood movies YEARS ago, so I’m not familiar with the latest stars, actors. But that article? Read like a typical Bollywood  movie with all the reasons why Sushant couldn’t have committed suicide.🙄

And as for one of the reasons being touted that the industry doesn’t allow/like those who want to become actors who don’t have “the righ connections” such bullshit. Amitabh Bachchan, who is regarded as one of the best and an icon, was rejected time and time again because he didn’t “look the part” of a romantic hero. But he fought his way through and made a name for himself. And there were plenty of clunkers along the way, and he didn’t have a “godfather” either. They’re portraying the industry as some mob/mafia organization. It’s a business. Hell, so many untalented “actresses” made it because they were models/beautiful. And had no connections.

Even my mom is buying into the conspiracy that Sushant was murdered. Because before he died, he “looked happy.”

It’s all very tragic.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Granted, I stopped watching Bollywood movies YEARS ago, so I’m not familiar with the latest stars, actors. But that article? Read like a typical Bollywood  movie with all the reasons why Sushant couldn’t have committed suicide.🙄

And as for one of the reasons being touted that the industry doesn’t allow/like those who want to become actors who don’t have “the righ connections” such bullshit. Amitabh Bachchan, who is regarded as one of the best and an icon, was rejected time and time again because he didn’t “look the part” of a romantic hero. But he fought his way through and made a name for himself. And there were plenty of clunkers along the way, and he didn’t have a “godfather” either. They’re portraying the industry as some mob/mafia organization. It’s a business. Hell, so many untalented “actresses” made it because they were models/beautiful. And had no connections.

Even my mom is buying into the conspiracy that Sushant was murdered. Because before he died, he “looked happy.”

It’s all very tragic.

It really is, and I agree with you.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Former WWE wrestler James 'Kamala' Harris dies at 70:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/10/us/wwe-kamala-james-harris-death/index.html

He died from COVID-19 along with other health issues. Both of his legs were amputated in recent years due to complications with diabetes.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/james-kamala-harris-dead-wwe-wwf-obituary-1203008558/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/james-harris-who-wrestled-as-ugandan-warrior-kamala-dies-at-70/2020/08/09/2ecbe5b4-ff22-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html

13 hours ago, Blergh said:

So it looks like Uncle Woody Anderson got preserved that long via being pickled! He even outlived Rollo(Nathaniel Taylor) so it appears   that Demond Wilson and Gregory Sierra are the LAST regulars from Sanford and Son left! Yikes! 

Lynn Hamilton, who played Donna Harris, Fred's fiancee is still alive at 90.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Lynn Hamilton, who played Donna Harris, Fred's fiancee is still alive at 90.

Oh, I sure stand corrected and I THANK you for that! I don't know how I could have forgotten Donna. She was a genteel breath of fresh air compared to everyone else who were constantly loudly insulting each other! Seriously, I'm relieved to hear that Miss Hamilton is still with us (and  also she's one of the last adult Waltons regulars -playing the determined family friend Verdie whose world opened up after becoming literate as an adult)!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, BradyBunchFan said:

Trini Lopez has died.

My mind now has Lemon Tree on repeat.  R.I.P. Mr. Lopez.

20 hours ago, BradyBunchFan said:

Sanford & Son’ & ‘Good Times’ Star Raymond Allen Dies at 91 Years of Age

Sad to hear.  R.I.P. Mr. Allen.

5 hours ago, Blergh said:

I'm relieved to hear that Miss Hamilton is still with us (and  also she's one of the last adult Waltons regulars

Are Lynn Hamilton and Michael Learned the only two adult regular cast members of The Waltons still alive?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Are Lynn Hamilton and Michael Learned the only two adult regular cast members of The Waltons still alive?

Yes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

It’s interesting that he was only a television actor and never did any theatrical films.

Trini Lopez was also in The Dirty Dozen.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Sumner Redstone, Towering Media Mogul Who Helped Shape Modern Entertainment Industry, Dies at 97

A huge industry figure indeed!  But - Confession Time! - Whenever I saw his first name, my brain always saw "Summer" not "Sumner".  R.I.P. Mr. Redstone.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BradyBunchFan said:

Yes.

Richard Thomas, who played the eldest Walton child, “John-Boy“, was actually an adult when he did the show. He was born in June, 1951 according to Wikipedia, & The Waltons premiered on CBS in September, 1972; so he was 21 & an adult by the time The Waltons premiered. He’s still alive besides Ms. Hamilton & Ms. Learned (FUN FACT: Ms. Learned is related to singer Helen Reddy by virtue of the marriage of their children, according to an interview Ms. Learned did with Australian TV which I saw [on YouTube] earlier this year). Richard Thomas was most recently seen as FBI Agent Gaad in the FX seriesThe Americans; he’s now 69 years old. All the other actors who played the Walton children are (obviously) now also adults & are still alive.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Richard Thomas, who played the eldest Walton child, “John-Boy“, was actually an adult when he did the show. He was born in June, 1951 according to Wikipedia, & The Waltons premiered on CBS in September, 1972; so he was 21 & an adult by the time The Waltons premiered. He’s still alive besides Ms. Hamilton & Ms. Learned (FUN FACT: Ms. Learned is related to singer Helen Reddy by virtue of the marriage of their children, according to an interview Ms. Learned did with Australian TV which I saw [on YouTube] earlier this year). Richard Thomas was most recently seen as FBI Agent Gaad in the FX seriesThe Americans; he’s now 69 years old. All the other actors who played the Walton children are (obviously) now also adults & are still alive.

I should’ve known.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BradyBunchFan said:

His role in The Dirty Dozen was small though.

No idea. I'm not really a Dirty Dozen sort of person and have only ever seen clips. But I can probably quote almost all of Sleepless in Seattle.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, auntlada said:

No idea. I'm not really a Dirty Dozen sort of person and have only ever seen clips. But I can probably quote almost all of Sleepless in Seattle.

According to another forum that I belong to, someone said on there that his part was small.

• Love 1