Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Frank Costanza was a hilarious but Arthur Spooner on King of Queens was the greatest creation. Every thing Jerry Stiller said and did as that character was comic brilliance. RIP.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 12

Rest in Peace Jerry Stiller.  He was wonderful on Seinfeld but for me it was The King of Queens. The show was underrated compared to Seinfeld but he just shined on it. Thanks for the laughs Jerry. God Bless.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ShadowHunter said:

Rest in Peace Jerry Stiller.  He was wonderful on Seinfeld but for me it was The King of Queens. The show was underrated compared to Seinfeld but he just shined on it. Thanks for the laughs Jerry. God Bless.

KOQ is a very funny and underrated show. The early episodes are somewhat rough until they get their groove a little later on. Stiller was great on KOQ, my husband and I still blurt out “spicy sausage and peppers!” To each other.

• Love 13

One of my favorite Seinfeld bloopers, when Jerry Stiller is so funny Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Jason Alexander cannot keep it together:

JLD said that happened a lot:

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

The husband and wife comedy team of Stiller and Meara on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Way before Seinfeld I already thought of Stiller and Meara (and I always thought of them together) as comedy geniuses because of all the TV and radio work they did in the 60s and 70s.  I even loved the Blue Nun commercials!

• Love 8

All the attention Melissa and her ex-girlfriend got in the 90's in their efforts to have Beckett and his older sister Bailey...I don't even know what to say. 😢

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UYI said:

All the attention Melissa and her ex-girlfriend got in the 90's in their efforts to have Beckett and his older sister Bailey...I don't even know what to say. 😢

Wasn’t fellow singer David Crosby (Crosby, Stills, & Nash/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young) the man who provided the sperm for Beckett & his sister, Bailey Jean? Or did he provide the sperm for the younger twins? I remember it being a sort of big deal in the news awhile back, that he was the biological father of 1 or 2 of Melissa’s children, but I can’t remember from which relationship.

• Love 2
(edited)
57 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Wasn’t fellow singer David Crosby (Crosby, Stills, & Nash/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young) the man who provided the sperm for Beckett & his sister, Bailey Jean? Or did he provide the sperm for the younger twins? I remember it being a sort of big deal in the news awhile back, that he was the biological father of 1 or 2 of Melissa’s children, but I can’t remember from which relationship.

He's Bailey and Beckett's biological father (Melissa's two oldest kids with Julie Cypher), but I have no idea about Melissa's younger two kids.

Melissa, Julie, David, his wife Jan, and Bailey and Beckett all appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone together, after he was revealed to be the father of their kids (Beckett's in between Jan and Julie here). The cover is from 2000; Bailey was born in 1997, while Beckett was born in 1998.

rolling-stone-cover-volume-833-2-3-2000-melissa-etheridge-and-david-crosby.jpg

Edited by UYI
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, UYI said:

He's Bailey and Beckett's biological father (Melissa's two oldest kids with Julie Cypher), but I have no idea about Melissa's younger two kids.

Those two were via an anonymous sperm donor. 

Julie Cypher - being adopted, and having gone through the process of finding her biological parents - wanted the sperm donor to be someone known to them, so the kids would always know who they came from, even though the donor would have no parental duties.  They thought about asking Brad Pitt, but they knew how much he wanted kids, and they wanted someone who'd already had a family.  So, they asked Crosby.

Tammy Lynn Michaels was the opposite - didn't want it to be anyone known to them.

(An US Weekly article about the announcement of Beckett's death is where I read all this.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

Julie Cypher - being adopted, and having gone through the process of finding her biological parents - wanted the sperm donor to be someone known to them, so the kids would always know who they came from, even though the donor would have no parental duties.  They thought about asking Brad Pitt, but they knew how much he wanted kids, and they wanted someone who'd already had a family.  So, they asked Crosby.

Actually, Jan Crosby volunteered on David's behalf for him to do it.

In Melissa's autobiography, she talked about how when she and Julie were first considering having kids, they spoke to David and Jan about it while visiting them one night, and when the subject of possible sperm donors came up,  Jan all of a sudden said, "Well, what about David?", pointing towards him. After a brief pause, David said, "Yeah, what about me?" 

I always thought it was such a sweet story. ❤️ 

• Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, UYI said:

Do I think Miss Etheridge's singing may eventually help her to somehow learn to be able to live with this grief? Possibly but 'heal'? I seriously doubt ANY parent who buries a child   under any circumstance actually 'heal' from that horrific experience. RIP, Mr . Cypher!

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Blergh said:

Do I think Miss Etheridge's singing may eventually help her to somehow learn to be able to live with this grief? Possibly but 'heal'? I seriously doubt ANY parent who buries a child   under any circumstance actually 'heal' from that horrific experience. RIP, Mr . Etheridge!

Minor note: Beckett's last name, from the sources I've seen at least, was actually Cypher, after his other mother (not the best way to phrase it, but you know what I mean)  and Melissa's ex-girlfriend, Julie Cypher. Julie was actually the one who gave birth to him and Bailey, which I absolutely should have mentioned from the beginning. Obviously Melissa being the bigger celebrity means she's going to have the most attention here, but still, knowing Julie was the one who carried and gave birth to him and his sister...just so much sadness. (ETA: Yeah, his last name was definitely Cypher, I remember in Melissa's autobiography the birth announcement for Bailey having her last name as Cypher, it JUST came to my mind after posting this.)

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

OK, I stand corrected and will change the surname ASAP in my original post. I don't know what kind of demons may have led to this final tragedy but it's culmination is horrific for every single one of his loved ones. It's so tragic that this has happened. RIP, Mr. Cypher!

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Here's another article about Melissa Etheridge's son, who just died from an opioid overdose. There are some touching photos, comments and additional info.  This piece refers to the son as  Beckett Cypheridge.  Hmmm...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8319575/Melissa-Etheridges-daughter-Bailey-pays-tribute-brother-Beckett-death-aged-21.html

I vaguely recall Melissa and Julie on Larry King, mentioning at some point they were planning to create a family name out of their last names. Never heard if they had done it.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I vaguely recall Melissa and Julie on Larry King, mentioning at some point they were planning to create a family name out of their last names. Never heard if they had done it.

I’m not sure either. I’ve seen the name two different ways.

• Love 1

I just saw that Frank Bielec from 'Trading Spaces' has died.  If I remember, he was about the only one on the original show that I could consider actually living in any of his creations.  He sometimes got a little 'country' (or maybe 'busy') for me, but nothing that couldn't be decluttered later.  None of that stuff with three coats of dirt brown paint with grass thrown on it, or odd furniture that no one could sit on.  He seemed like a nice guy, too.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/entertainment/frank-bielec-trading-spaces-death-trnd/index.html

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, rubaco said:

Fred Willard has died of natural causes. I've been watching him since the 1970s (Fernwood 2Night). 

Another one!  Damnit all.

1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

He was so great in all the Christopher Guest movies (Best In Show, A Mighty Wind, and my favorite -- Waiting For Guffman).

I was about to post the same thing.  Loved Fred Willard in Best in Show but I'm especially fond of Waiting for Guffman.  R.I.P. Mr. Willard and happy travels at Midnight in the Oasis.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

I just saw that Frank Bielec from 'Trading Spaces' has died.  If I remember, he was about the only one on the original show that I could consider actually living in any of his creations.  He sometimes got a little 'country' (or maybe 'busy') for me, but nothing that couldn't be decluttered later.  None of that stuff with three coats of dirt brown paint with grass thrown on it, or odd furniture that no one could sit on.  He seemed like a nice guy, too.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/entertainment/frank-bielec-trading-spaces-death-trnd/index.html

I loved Frank. He was such a sweetheart!

• Love 6

Ugh, Fred Willard. I am not happy. He pretty much ALWAYS did the same thing, but it always worked. 

I don't think Martin Mull has any presence on Social Media, so I suppose I'll have to wait to see his reaction on traditional media, but he's the one I'd like to hear from on Fred's death. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Dejana said:

The cause of death was a previously unidentified blood disorder, according to her publicist.

She was dating Marc Maron and he mentioned on his podcast that she had been sick for a few days and COVId had been ruled out and they still didn’t know what was wrong with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1