Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E24: Winner Chosen

• Start Topic

J-Lo needs to put that away.  Her segment went on forever and ever.  Somebody forgot to tell her it's not all about her.

I liked it. It was about time for something upbeat. imo

• Love 5
(edited)

A Christmas song!

Also... nothing against David Bowie -- he was a legend -- but he died 3 months ago, and a tribute doesn't really fit in this jam-packed series finale, does it?

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Love JHud..she is gorgeous and awesome. I can't recall half of these people. Did I really have that many gin and tonics during all those seasons? Keith Urban can eat crackers in my bed anytime he wants. I was "this close" to him and Nicole in Vegas and her face does not and cannot move.

• Love 8

I've been thinking this show should end for about 4-5 years now, yet now I wish this finale was another hour or two - so fun riding down memory lane.  That said, I guess the fact that I wish we didn't have to spend time announcing the winner / winner's song is a testament to why I'm glad Idol is coming to a close.

• Love 9
(edited)

I might have voted for one or more of these WGWGs, but they're an odd choice for the Bowie tribute considering other alums they could have picked. I wonder if Duncan Jones weighs in about this on Twitter, he even dissed Gaga's tribute at the Grammys and she's in a far more similar wheelhouse.

Good to hear Bad Day again!

Edited by Dejana

10 more people could have performed in the time JLo took up, why did she get 2 songs? And that MAma song was ridulous !

Where or where is Haley Reinhart? She was in the audience last night so I know she's around . IMO she and Adam( also missing) gave the best performances every time!

Also, Lauren Alania still bugs!

Go Elliot!

• Love 3
(edited)

Interesting how they try to pretend Simon and William Hung are surprises to Ryan -- seeing as they were announced in media as appearing tonight.

It was great seeing the old gang back together again.

Edited by Sherry67
(edited)

She and Ace are married now.

to each other?

Paula looked hot. Good for her.

No car give aways this year? OOops I spoke too soon

Adam sighting!

Edited by ari333

Haley tweeted that she was invited to be in the show, but she's playing in Denver tonight. She did make a point of flying down last night to visit her Season 10 peeps.

I feel bad for the rest of the top 10 who haven't gotten to do anything but sing backup tonight.

• Love 3

Interesting how they try to pretend Simon and William Hung are surprises to Ryan -- seeing as they were announced in media as appearing tonight.

It was great seeing the old gang back together again.

William Hung was clearly a fake surprise, but it seemed like Ryan was expecting Simon to come from a different location a little bit later and that the surprise was that he walked out from behind him at that point in the show.

• Love 1

Why does Diana Digarmo look like a 40-year old housewife? She was 16 when she was on the show in Season 3.

She was a very old looking 16 year old. And Not in a good way, IMHO.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bizarre Carrie song choice, I have all of her studio albums but "Something in the Water" has to be one of my least favorite singles from her. I'd get it if it were new but it's not. Wish she'd done a medley.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 3
(edited)

Suck it Idol. You pimped LP to high hell and it still didn't get her to the mountaintop.

Ok, now that I got that out of my system. I wanted this show to go on for 2 more hours. It was so good seeing David Cook, Melinda Doolittle, Carly Smithson et al.

Other than the absences from Adam, Haley Reinhart, Crystal Bowersox, and Blake Lewis.....was every other top 3 finisher in AI history there?

Some odd choices in the country extravaganza.....Ace and Constanine?? Really?

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 13
(edited)

Suck it Idol. You pimped LP to high hell and it still didn't get her to the mountaintop.

I 've only watched tonight's episode from this season, but have read here that Scott Borchetta has done nothing to hide his disdain for her???

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 5

Wow, so much is happening. Obama! Tamyra in Rihanna's hair circa Loud! Keith in a suit! DUNKLEMAN! Trent in pants that were a little too tight! Kara singing Pink kinda shittily! But still! Former Idols singing! Li'l Sweet singing with Jordin! Pia looking like someone I used to know and sounding like Celine!

Kelly is adorable. Her voice is great (I'm thinking there's some stage magic going on, but still!), but her little dancing with her centaur butt. Love you Kelly. Forever ever.

HEY BO! Wow. Bo's like a skeevy uncle now! Awwww. Hey Bo! That was a cheesy, cornball montage, but I loved the shit out of it. Every time I see James Durbin I remember somebody joking that he looks like he can move things with his mind. And that makes me laugh inappropriately. Chris in a shirt that's too long.

Sanjaya! I see you're still trying to get attention with that Spartan helmet hair. You see they left your ass all the way in the audience.

Damn, I didn't watch Season 11 and 12, and I remember Diana DeGarmo. It's been some thick ass girls on Idol. Goddamn. And it's not fair to make them go on after Carrie and her great, buttered-up legs.

HEY BUCKY!! HEY ACE! Constantine I've seen you already! You too, Lauren. Hey Pickler! Scotty, yeah, hey. That was fun, though. They did a little jig.

It's really getting to me that this is the end, but it's worse because it seems like the Idols really like being on stage.

OK, I know they needed to do something mentioning Idol Gives Back, but they could've kept the Connick Kids moment. I'm just saying.

Hey Casey! Why do you look like a slightly better looking Constantine? Hey Carly! CLAY! I feel bougie just listening to Clay. He makes me feel sophisticated. Ruben! Jessica! Jessica can sing her ass off (she held her own with Jennifer Holliday on her season's finale). But she straight cheated out of that last note.

This finale is proving one thing: there have been some incredible talents that have come through Idol. This is like what the Grammy's should be like. It's proof that the people who make it kinda suck. Real singing is in short supply.

Give it to 'em Jennifer! I think I got temporarily hypnotized by Jenn's ass. And when she MOAR NAKED damn! I need a cigarette. She needs to ensure her ass for like $20M. Damn. The singing was poop emoji, but who cares because: dat ass tho.

Aw man. Clark. Gokey. Elliott. Brandon. George. 'Tasia. J. Hud. Latoya. Melinda. Candice. Joshua Ledet (who should be Leon Bridges). This is like a family reunion. I'm...starting to feel it, y'all. All my friends. TAYLOR! He looks like somebody's dad and still can't dance but I didn't realize how much I missed him. And that damn harmonica.

Oh I love this show so damn much.

Five of the WGWGs. I got a semi-serious question: what's bigger, Kelly's ass while pregnant...or Lee DeWyze's head? It was nice seeing them. I love that with the exception of Nick, who just won, all of them won Idol so they could fulfill their dream of playing in a band on indie labels. Hey P2!

Aw. The three OGs. And William Hung! Aww, that whole thing got super old, but hey Will. I don't know what the fuck you're doing, but I hope you're happy.

Is FOX trying to become more Christian? First the Passion, now ending AI with Carrie's contemporary Christian power ballad? Not that I'm complaining because that song is pretty powerful, in a Christian revival sort of way.

This Taylor Swift commercial made me laugh out loud. I straight work out to "Jumpman" too. Taylor I don't want to like your ass! Stop doing things to make me like you! She tried to join the team and I just told her woo.

Oh man. Congrats to you, Trent. You deserved it. Congrats to you too, La'Porsha.

I'm just so full. Whew.

• Love 8