Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E24: Winner Chosen

• Start Topic

After 15 seasons of epic performances, star power and incredible moments, the final American Idol will be crowned and the farewell celebration will continue, as Idol pays tribute to the amazingly talented contestants and the millions of fans who called, tweeted, texted, and championed their Idols throughout the series' groundbreaking run. Don't miss the history-making final moments of the farewell season as the last winner is announced.

Seacrest... out!

• Love 4
(edited)

I am watching live red carpet arrival coverage on Facebook.

Lots of former contestants and winners running wild on the carpet.  Harry has a gorgeous family.  I would have never recognized Bo Bice with his short hair.

Caleb was looking miserable, lurking in the background until Justin Guarini started talking to him.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm digging the Kelly Clarkson medley! She sounds amazing.

Oh Constantine. LOL I was hoping James Durbin would do a part of You've Got Another Thing Comin'. DANG.

Did not recognize Bo Bice when he was on the Facebook Red Carpet video!

Tamyra Gray's wig? What in the EFF?

Edited by bluwater
  • Love 4
(edited)

A lot of random people are in the audience -- like Jerry Hall?

Constantine is too funny. 

I think I'm kinda digging this rock segment!

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 3
(edited)

A lot of random people are in the audience -- like Jerry Hall?

Well, she is married to Rupert Murdoch now and this is the grand send-off for a FOX Network phenomenon...

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well, she is married to Rupert Murdoch now and this is the grand send-off for a FOX Network phenomenon...

Oh, that's right!  I totally forgot about their marriage.  I was surprised by that marriage when I first heard of it and I must have blocked it out!

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Bo Bice is HOT HOT HOT!!!!

So many memories. It's a bit of sensory overload.

Who is Larry Platt from season 9? I have absolutely no memory of him.

I'm so glad I'm DVRing this; there's too much to take in all at once.

• Love 5
(edited)

I turned the TV on just in time to catch Allison. I am not up on some current or past songs, was that a cover or one of her songs? She was one of my faves and was not happy when she got cut too early IMO. And her first cd was amazing, I think someone didn't market it right.

I didn't even recognize Bo Bice with the short hair!

Kelly can do no wrong.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 3
(edited)
Who is Larry Platt from season 9? I have absolutely no memory of him

.He's a "joke" auditioner, like William Hung.  Pants on the ground guy.

BO BICE HOLY SHIT>  He's like a hip, sexy Social Studies teacher or something.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 8

Bo Bice is HOT HOT HOT!!!!

So many memories. It's a bit of sensory overload.

Who is Larry Platt from season 9? I have absolutely no memory of him.

I'm so glad I'm DVRing this; there's too much to take in all at once.

The guy who auditioned with "Pants on the Ground"...it sold some downloads and went viral back in 2010.

Interesting that Carrie, the other winner the show trots out as living up to the superstar hype, was relagated to a cover instead of a greatest hits medley of her own catalog. I mean, they brought out every other country person who competed ever (or so it seemed) to do other people's songs...

The guy who auditioned with "Pants on the Ground"...it sold some downloads and went viral back in 2010.

Interesting that Carrie, the other winner the show trots out as living up to the superstar hype, was relagated to a cover instead of a greatest hits medley of her own catalog. I mean, they brought out every other country person who competed ever (or so it seemed) to do other people's songs...

They said that Carrie will be back later.

.He's a "joke" auditioner, like William Hung. Pants on the ground guy.

My understanding is that Larry Platt is also a genuine hero of the civil rights movement, from long before Idol.
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think that Harry sounded good (all crooners pretty much sound exactly like that -- not much variation).

Clay's voice is still pretty strong.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

Jessica Sanchez...my first tears tonight. She was brilliant. I was thinking about Michael Johns when Carly started singing Here You Come Again, remembering his It's All Wrong, But It's All Right. I was hoping they would show a clip of him. SO sad to have lost him so young.

• Love 11

Seeing and hearing Clay made me cry with happiness. I went to the tour concert after season 2.

Ruben sounded great on 'Here, There and Everywhere.'

Carly Smithson's eyes are so stunning.

I thought Harry let little Marly shine and be the dominant voice when they sang at the same time. It was sweet.

• Love 8

I haven't watched Idol consistently in years, but this finale is making me emotional.  So many memories.

(edited)

I cracked up seeing Sanjaya.  Of course he's there.

By the way, I hear they're also supposed to be announcing a new winner tonight or something.

Yeah, the finalists this year are total after thoughts.

Edited by vb68

Keith Urban sings with Carrie Underwood, a former winner, Harry Connick Jr. sings with a young girl from a charity program that's benefited from AI Gives Back and then Jennifer Lopez performs by herself and a bunch of her backup dancers, the last minute of so bordering on exhibitionist inappropriate.   JLo's all about JLo.

Other than that this show has been great and I'm amazed how many wonderful singers have been contestants on this show.  It really hits when you see them together performing like this.

• Love 17