Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Again, I realize this is reality TV and therefore can't be real, but Anna's tears and Michael's love sure seemed real; day-ung!  Amazed that June let her go so easily; I do feel for her (and the sisters left behind).  Of course, now the ratings will tank.  Michael's parents seem normal.  And I agree; don't see why they would keep that under wraps.  Maybe Anna isn't sure (after all, she can't count) and they should have paternity testing? 

Edited by cassaundroll
(edited)

Ratings:  1.814 M viewers and a .6 rating. 

Anna was gorgeous.  I was quite impressed with how lovely she was dressed up with makeup.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 3

I thought Anna looked really pretty and her dress was beautiful.  June worked on my nerves, asking Anna "are you sure you want to go thru with this?" when Anna was nervous and crying.  June, just because YOU don't believe in marriage, don't ruin it for your daughter.  She might not be the brightest of your girls, but she is trying to do the right thing.  I think it's commendable that she and Michael want to get married.

The other girls looked AWFUL in those too-tight, too-short dresses.  The Pure Romance party was tacky, and I felt sorry for Michael's mom.  June, we really didn't need to know about you peeing yourself.  Just another gross detail.

Michael was so sweet when he said his vows.  I liked that.  But I didn't like them walking around grabbing each other's butts.  Reminded me of Kim Kardashian's wedding, you know, the one where the marriage lasted 72-days.  (Full page pic in People magazine of Kris Humphries with a big handful of that oversize butt.)

And bless whoever said that Sugar Bear is more than a back-up plan.  He does care for those girls.  The reception looked nice, too.

Edited by SmallTownMom

I don't get it.  Why in the world would it have made a difference if her bio-dad had shown up for the wedding and she would choose to be given away by him?  He hasn't been around, seemingly has not been a presence, but all plans would've been thrown over to accommodate him.  That's the most ridiculous bridal tradition in my mind.

• Love 1

So the engagement was completely staged, but I think Radaronline is a bit confused or perhaps I am.  On the show it was known that Anna had moved in with Michael months before the wedding, but after the wedding they were moving to Alabama. 

I've heard Alana just slapped June's hand away.  And I'm sure that Alana heard about it later when they were alone.  But if June doesn't want Alana doing that, she should stop making her family's living expenses come from pimping out her family on TV.  I know that it's a chance to bring in more money than they've ever had before, but there's a cost to being on a reality show.

And I don't believe for a second that all the money is going into college accounts for the kids, but that's just my opinion.

• Love 1

Is Anna really that much of a ratings grabber that people think the show will tank without her? She's not even featured in most episodes.

Would it have hurt June to put on a dress or even a skirt?

• Love 1

Isn't there Toddlers and Tiara's footage showing the real June - all bitchy and controlling and mean to Alanna?

And didn't June do Extreme Couponing too? I notice the Saturday marathon repeats of the show never include her episode.

Edited by Shermie
  • Love 3

I don't know about Extreme Couponing, but yes, June was letting her control freak show in at least one scene of Toddlers & Tiaras.

As much of a control freak as June is, she may have put quite a bit of money away from the show, but there is no way the girls will see it unless they jump through June's hoops.

How a couch got that gross in 5 years is beyond me. We had the same couch at our house from the time I was born, till my parents re-modeled their home when I was 19. We got a new couch then, and have had it since (10 years now). Neither of them ever looked like that.

How a couch got that gross in 5 years is beyond me. We had the same couch at our house from the time I was born, till my parents re-modeled their home when I was 19. We got a new couch then, and have had it since (10 years now). Neither of them ever looked like that.

It depends on the brand. And obviously how they treat it (eating on it, putting dirty boots on, kids or dogs jumping on it 10x a day, ect). A Bauhaus or Restoration Hardware which are inexpensive will last and look good maybe 10 years. But some expensive well made ones will look and feel ok longer.

Edited by Petunia13

Mama June and Sugar Bear Thompson are done -- separated -- because she's convinced he's been cheating on her ... sources tell TMZ.

We're told Mama June has repeatedly caught Sugar Bear trolling on online dating sites. One of them is plentyoffish.com, in which Sugar Bear -- with the handle Georgiafighter31054 -- says "i love to hunt fish and ride 4wheelers and havfe a good time. i luve muddy Boggs and love to ride in the mudd."

Mama June has stopped wearing her wedding ring (technically the couple was never married, but they did have a commitment ceremony).

Our sources say Mama June plans on taking the kids and moving out -- once the latest round of filming "Here Comes Boo Boo" ... so she can be closer to her relatives. She hasn't fully decided on the move.

We're told the producers of the show are scrambling to try and figure out what's next.

June and Sugar Bear tell TMZ, "Sugar Bear and I have decided to take some time apart to figure out some things in our relationship. We are taking things day by day but regardless of what happens the girls will always be our #1 priority. We want to thank ya'll for your support."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/19/mama-j...#ixzz3DmbRmv85

On his Plenty Of Fish profile, Thompson allegedly used the handle Georgiafighter31054 and indicated his marital status as “single.” His “About” section says, “Hello i love to hunt fish and ride 4wheelers and have a good time i like spending time at home watching movies cuddling spending time with family i love muddy Boggs and love to ride in the mudd i like football and baseball.”

Thompson describes a number of potential first date scenarios including a “quite romantic dinner,” or a trip to the movies, or a night on the town dancing, or spending “quite time at home and get to know you better could even have a cook and invite friends over.”

http://pagesix.com/2014/09/19/mama-june-and-sugar-bear-call-it-quits/

I'm the sarcastic type and don't believe a word of it.  I feel sure it's all just a set-up for next season's need for drama.  This will also be their reason for moving into a bigger and better home.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

• Love 3

Aw. That makes me sad. I loved that they never got married. I'm in a relationship that's lasted more than 2 decades and we've never married. We don't see the need. We've already lasted longer than most marriages so why bother?

Plus...we don't want to rush into anything. Lol.

This does make me sad though. I could see the love in their family and it was obvious how much Sugar Bear loves all of those girls.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Aw. That makes me sad. I loved that they never got married. I'm in a relationship that's lasted more than 2 decades and we've never married. We don't see the need. We've already lasted longer than most marriages so why bother?

Plus...we don't want to rush into anything. Lol.

This does make me sad though. I could see the love in their family and it was obvious how much Sugar Bear loves all of those girls.

I was sad to hear it too, he seemed like a good guy and was great with the kids, too.

• Love 1
ShaNaeNae, on 19 Sept 2014 - 4:33 PM, said:

I can't believe SB has a POF profile. God, I used to have one.  I know he's short, but shit, 5'2"?  And you know men always add a few inches.

Yeah, to everything.

• Love 4

I'm the sarcastic type and don't believe a word of it.  I feel sure it's all just a set-up for next season's need for drama.  This will also be their reason for moving into a bigger and better home.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I also suspect its for story-line. We declare l shenanigans!

• Love 1

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is a producer-driver plot and isn't real in the least.  June and the girls will move out and get their own place, tons of drama will ensue, and I wouldn't be surprised if we even get to see Sugar Bear go on a couple of dates.  By the end of the season, June and SB will be back in each others' loving arms.

I suspect the Boo Boo gimmick is wearing thin and they need the publicity.

YMMV

• Love 5

Wouldn't be the first time the "main stream media" was hornswoggled, right?  But by the time we figure it out, will anyone still care? ;)

eta: because who the hell knows how to spell "hornswoggled"??

Edited by A Boston Gal
  • Love 1

But by the time we figure it out, will anyone still care? ;)

I already don't care.

QUOTE: eta: because who the hell knows how to spell "hornswoggled"??

REPLY:  That's how I would have spelled it!  In fact, I just looked it up and you're exactly right.

• Love 1

I've never heard June say that everything from the show goes into trust for the girls.  I've heard her say that she has put money away.  It's been pretty obvious from the beginning that they were spending some of the money.  Also, I expect that June is in control of the trusts and has set them up so that she is in control of all disbursements and she won't think twice about changing the arrangements if she wants to control one of the girls. 

• Love 2

The future of TLC’s hit reality series “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” is up in the air after reports surfaced that June Shannon, aka “Mama June,” is dating a convicted sex offender who served time for child molestation.

"TLC is not in production on ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,’” a rep for the network said. “We are very concerned about this new information and are reassessing the future of the series."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/10/23/honey-boo-boo-in-limbo-after-sex-offender-report/

Ugh. I wonder if he molested one of her daughters. If so, there's no hope for that woman.

He spent the last 10 years in prison.: 'Prosecutors say he molested an 8-year-old child - forcing oral sex.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2804914/Mama-June-rekindled-old-flame-weeks-splitting-husband-Sugar-Bear-man-convicted-molesting-CHILD-known-her.html#ixzz3GzNMClac

Ugh, my instincts were right on the money about this awful family who was never funny to me. After seeing them on T&T, I couldn't believe that they warranted a show of their own and was revolted when TLC gave them one. Well, it came around and bit them on the ass big time with these new charges. So glad that their 15 minutes will be up and soon!!

• Love 4

It is currently not in production and due to June's adventures with a child molester TMZ reported that TLC has said the shows future is being determined.   I was never on the Mama June love train either.  She showed some really manipulative sides during one of those Toddler and Tiara episodes.  It made it seem to me that she was quite duplicitous and would say whatever she needed to the cameras and then do what she wanted when they were gone. 

• Love 2