Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think they're just making up episodes now without any thought to continuity.  The family doesn't do anything together last week when we've seen very little sign of them doing things separately in previous episodes.  Uncle Poodle moves in just to give June something to say for three minutes and isn't seen again for a few weeks.  I think the shark has been jumped and moved on to another ocean.  I think we're going to see more where did that come from episodes that are completely or nearly completely divorced from their real lives. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm inclined to agree with you both. I hope she doesn't suffer the fate if other child stars who lose their cuteness appeal and relevance. It's said June had saved much of her money in college finds for her? That was a rumor I heard. I hope he does for to university if not just for career reasons but to be out in her own in a new place studying a variety of subjects and meeting diverse people.

I know Alana has said many times she wants to be a nail technician and work at McDonald's when she grows up : )

Edited by Petunia13
(edited)

Alana has no pets to play with, so June rents a goat from a farm for her to befriend; Sugar Bear buys some personal items for him and June to use in their private time and pays Jessica and Pumpkin to be quiet, hoping for some peaceful alone time.

Episode 7.

Edited by Absolom
(edited)

A car accident involving the family leaves Pumpkin hospitalized and June by her side at all times; Sugar Bear, Jessica and Alana revel in their freedom back home, though they do miss pumpkin; Anna and Michael get tattoos that match.

Sorry, episode 8.

Edited by Absolom

Alana's bubbies are about to be bigger than mine. How sad is that? 

I cringed when she was naming off her previous pets, and she mentioned a cockroach. She probably has a whole village of them in that house. 

I loved SB talking to himself during the quiet challenge! I would be offering $20 up on a weekly basis in that house. But only if June and Alana would play along as well. 

I did NOT need to know that much about SB and June's sex life. And, frankly, I bet it's all an act. Or her previous refusals of him were an act. Because I really don't believe she just turned 34 (or however old she is) and all of sudden wants sex day and night. 

• Love 2

I'm glad Pumpkin was okay! She's my favorite. I actually thought her welcome home song was sweet. 

Anna....wow. That girl is dumber than a pile of bricks. Seriously. Who gets a tattoo and doesn't even know what it says? And then STILL can't remember after being told and looking at it several times? I really want to know how she even gets dressed in the morning. I'm kind of worried about baby Kaitlyn being in her care. Also, as  a huge tattoo snob, their tattoos were awful. I love anchors and all things nautical, but why did they have to ruin it with tacky-ass feathers? Sigh....

• Love 1

An entire episode of producer driven nonsense from what I saw.  In fact they had to splice several producer driven items together to get 22 minutes.  It's time to end, but TLC will drag it out as long as possible. 

• Love 1

I'm a lurker from TWoP. I'm a big woman, but we don't eat processed food and have been doing medical weight loss management since last October. I'm like June, of voluptuous size, so far I have lost 37 lbs, and it is tough. It's been by low carb and more activity. Ain't no way in hell June lost 100 lbs. you can see a 37 lb loss on me, you can't see even that on June, so I call foul.

Alana is getting huge. They need to lay off the processed crap...so bad. It makes you pasty, bloated and swollen. When we cut processed food and carbs out, I find myself less swollen. Makes a huge difference.

This show is disgusting but I can't turn away. The show sure has evolved a lot since the first season.

I really don't believe she just turned 34 (or however old she is)

It's crap. She was 33 two seasons ago?? Not. I believe that she was born in 1978, same year as me, puts her at 35, almost 36.

The singing into the vibrator had to be one of the most horrifying things I have seen. I couldn't help but screech and laugh hysterically at the same time. Really????

(edited)

Is this show supposed to be aimed for kids to watch since Alana is, you know, a child?  I'm no prude, but I don't think this episode was young child-appropriate.  I wouldn't want to have to explain to my kids what Alana was using as a microphone.  Speaking of which, was that thing HUGE or am I just out of the loop on sexual playthings?

The fakiness of this show and June herself is making me stabby.  Even Shugie is starting to irritate me. An over-reaction?  I don't think so.

Also, when they were on the porch waiting for the goat to arrive (I forgot his name) there was most definitely a CAT on the porch too.  I thought they said they had no pets?

Still, I watch.  le sigh.....

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 2

Ratings for this hm, I should use a word I don't use so fill in the blank, fest, were 1.183 M viewers and a .4 rating.  The rest of the viewers are not disagreeing.

June and Sugar Bear decide it’s time for some home improvement. The girls repaint their "doo-doo" colored walls, June agrees to some face improvements by waxing her beard situation, and the family says "goodbye" to their old couch.

It’s spring break and the girls are bored. After making a "redneck hot tub" in the back of a pickup truck, June and Sugar Bear take the family away to a houseboat vacation and invite Anna, Michael, and Kaitlyn to join in on some quality family time.

The houseboat looked really fun, but I'm easy to please like that. However, if you're going to spoof Titanic, get the line right. You should have been shouting "King of the World!" at that point. 

I thought the living room looked a lot better. Although, why you would cover up perfectly good wood floors with laminate is beyond me. Yes, the couches were pretty similar, but getting rid of the sectional really opened up that room a lot. That nasty old thing was eating it! 

I know the girls painting their rooms and then having to re-paint was totally set-up, but I imagine that's how June would be anyway. Critical, dismissive, and just downright rude. Things always have to be her way , and she can be really nasty if she doesn't like how you do something. 

But hey, while they were shelling out for paint, couldn't someone spring for new mattresses and sheets for the girls' beds? Those things are just nasty. 

I did have to laugh when Alana said Pumpkin's room looked like she opened a daycare center. It totally did! And I actually think that was one line the producers didn't feed Alana. 

As for June needing a makeover - she claims to be obsessed with her hair? Could have fooled me. She's got roots for days, which look totally unwashed, and the ends are all dry and damaged. And that's the least of her worries. Only brushing her teeth 3 times a week is at the top of the list. I should probably hate on Pumpkin for being so disrespectful as to tell her mother to her face that she doesn't look good, but I just can't. She's right, and anyhow....she learned disrespect from the master. 

• Love 2
(edited)

The houseboat looked really fun, but I'm easy to please like that. However, if you're going to spoof Titanic, get the line right. You should have been shouting "King of the World!" at that point.

I wonder if they used the line royalties would have to be paid?

Also, notice the 'houseboat' music during it sorta//kinds sounded like My heart will go on? They didn't want to pay to use it.

Edited by sheetmoss

The girls think Sugar Bear and Mama June's love needs some shakin' up. An anniversary couples massage does the trick in more ways than one. Anna's wedding nears as the bridesmaids dress sizes cause drama, but Anna's about to drop an even bigger bomb.

1.460 M viewers and a .5 rating.

Wedding prep increases and June tries to take control of the final decoration plans. Sugar Bear and pals take Michael fishing to initiate him into manhood, but only after he and Alana give taxidermy a try. A final picnic leaves June holding onto Anna.

I love me some Pumpkin. I think she is the only one with half a brain. Her antics are sometimes gross but her sass makes me laugh!

I second this.  I don't know what it is, but there is something endearing about her.  

• Love 1

I just saw her on the Wendy Williams show.....June actually looked pretty nice..makeup and hair done..She had heels on too! What I don't understand is why after countless tv interviews, and all the pageant work this child has done, why does she seem so shy in front of the camera when being interviewed? I would think she'd have it "down" by now....

I expected more, but at least she won 200.00 (she got to keep it too) for the audience to take home some stupid Wendy Williams t-shirts, and some other useless crap...

• Love 1

Are we sure Michael is not baby Kaitlyn's father? I remember Anna didn't want to name the father, but Kaitlyn does favor him...

I usually find the subtitles to be extra, but I find it difficult try to multitask (play Tapped Out or Family Guy) while watching this show...

Last week, Alana said "I love s'mages".  This week, she said "That's the best massage this raccoon had in a long time."  Either way, annoying as anything!

I think Anna is too stupid to breathe, but I am glad they are moving away from this bunch.  Hope it really happens.

Unpopular opinion that I have, I love this show! I can actually see Junebug as a very close friend. Anna an her wedding is getting aggravating. I think June was trying to help Anna have a nice little wedding. We as grown adults know that the chance of this marriage actually working and lasting is close to nil. June was going to put together a nice little "do" and Anna's big head got in the way. Anna has been acting like a spoiled brat and a princess and from what I can see Anna's ideas of grand dilusion <sp?> are not coming together. It is my hope <only cuz Anna has been such a brat about it> is that the wedding flops.

Edited by Arienne

What in the seven hells was that blue stuff in the centerpiece jars? Laundry detergent? Smurf blood? It was so funky looking.

So Michael doesn't "let" Anna work? Tell me again how you make enough money to live comfortably off your income alone, little redneck boy.

LOVED Alana's theory that if you start walking and don't stop June will leave you alone because she won't be able to keep up!

And, you know, June - maybe if you didn't meddle so much your kid wouldn't be jumping at the first chance to get away from you. 

One, June doesn't want Anna to leave because she knows Anna is dumb as a stump. Two, June knows that if Kaitlyn leaves, then the cuteness factor in the family falls back on Alana and that ship is damn close to sailing. June wants those cameras and the $$ that comes with them around as long as possible.

• Love 1

Those girls will be history as soon as they can.  June is either a controlling bitch or doing an excellent impersonation of one.  There is no quicker way to drive Anna away.  I remember when Anna went in to see about having the extra thumb removed and there was no level too low for June to go to get her way. 

• Love 1
if Kaitlyn leaves, then the cuteness factor in the family falls back on Alana and that ship is damn close to sailing

Close to sailing? Sorry, but that ship has circumnavigated the globe already.

Anna wasn't living with June for several years anyway before this show, so they have already cut the strings, so to speak. Sure, moving away-away is different, but I'd get as far away from that lump too.

So Michael doesn't "let" Anna work?

Aw, so sad. Anna will have to give up her career as a, um... er, well... I got nuthin'.

Those girls will be history as soon as they can.  June is either a controlling bitch or doing an excellent impersonation of one.  There is no quicker way to drive Anna away.  I remember when Anna went in to see about having the extra thumb removed and there was no level too low for June to go to get her way.

I definitely think she's a control freak. It's the June show in that house, and they can like it or lump it. She tells the girls they can paint their rooms, but then makes them paint over when they're not what SHE would prefer. Granted her story is that the house is a rental and it needs to look nice, but I'm not sure if I'm buying that. 

Just days before Anna's big day, June's quest for control over the wedding reaches a head; a quirky party provides a distraction and awkwardness; after the long-awaited wedding, the new family packs up and bids Georgia farewell.

I realize it's "Honey Boo Boo" and everything - not to be taken too seriously - but I'm getting such a creepy vibe about the whole Anna thing.  It's clear June doesn't want her leaving, both because she's emotionally overinvested in Kaitlyn and for the more obvious reasons (ratings and money), but I feel like the pressure is for real and poor Anna is dim enough to cave to it.  The first thing out of her mouth is, "What if you have a fight or break up?"  I live in the south, the "clan" mentality (families living together forever) is very real, and I've seen that kind of doubt-creating undermining go on to keep members from leaving or breaking out, even if it means going without jobs or mates.  I also realize that it's already a done deal one way or the other, but...  RUN, ANNA, RUN!  Oh, and...  That Michael is so Kaitlyn's father...

Edited by cassaundroll

Oh I believe that. I have a friend whose relatives are from the South, and even though she was raised in the Midwest, her Southern roots go deep. Her parents lived on adjoining property, and when her daughter finished two degrees at very prestigious universities and wanted to move across the country to work in a major city on the Eastern seaboard, my friend was beside herself and couldn't understand why and guilt tripped her daughter to death. She actually had dreams of the daughter settling down in her parents old house next door.  I totally see that in June. And I understand why Anna wants to get away from that. 

And yeah, I also got the "bio-father" vibe from Michael, too. Kaitlyn also kinda looks like him, Why would they keep it under wraps, though? He's obviously in love with Anna and her daughter. I admit, that his vows and his reaction upon seeing Anna coming down the aisle were so sweet.  MAJOR points for Michael!  If he is the bio-daddy, why not acknowledge that? 

And Anna....you can't spell JAIL? WTF?