Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: I Will Be Walking

• Start Topic

There is a week off before the next episode; just a heads up!

When a high school student becomes an innocent victim of a gang retribution incident, a very determined Lt. Casey tries all means necessary to resolve the issue. Severide lends a hand to Detective Holloway, who is working a dangerous undercover investigation, and watches over her 9-year-old son at the firehouse. Brett and Jimmy are called to aid a woman who takes a fond liking to Jimmy. Meanwhile, Otis makes a surprising discovery that leaves him very concerned and Herrmann goes toe-to-toe with Stella to claim bragging rights over who can best run a bar.
  • Love 1

What the hell?  Babysitting?  And a consultant putting the bug in Casey's ear about national office, too.  Gabby sure had the stink eye going there.  Did Casey walk the kid home from graduation, too?

Otis needs some CaseyCreme, so he can get rid of whatever affliction he has, if he ever finds out what it is.

I liked the Jeopardy Bar game.  It must have taken Gabby awhile to gin up those answers.

Paging Kelly Severide, medic needs assistance with horny woman in apartment on Michigan Dr.

Casey needs to establish some borders between Job1 and Job2.  Shouldn't there be a ward office for people to contact their alderman?

• Love 3

I have so many questions. Why could the kid not take a taxi? How is he getting home after graduation? What will happen next time he has to leave the house and the gang starts a fire a few blocks away? Why did the brother not ask for protection of his family before agreeing to work with the PD? Since when is providing protective detail part of the Fire Departement's job? Whatever happened to 'keep your Alderman business out of 51?' How much free time does Gabby have at her hands? Why did it take the show so long to pair Severide with a cute kid?

And on a side-note: Sometimes heading right towards something you're afraid of can get you killed: sharks, avalanches, a rhino on a rampage - to name just a few of those things.

• Love 2

I was amused when Casey was helping the kid and almost fell.  It doesn't feel like a Chicago Fire episode to me if Casey doesn't almost die at some point during one of the rescues.  (Seriously, if I were Boden, I'd be looking into that a little more closely.)

I knew as soon as we saw an attractive detective last week that as soon as the (actually interesting) murder mystery wrapped up, it'd be back to Severide's romantic foibles.  At least the kid was cute.  (I really was hoping that, if they were going to set Severide in another romantic relationship, it'd be Kidd, just because there'd be a shot that it would have some lasting effects beyond the usual couple-episode-hookup.)

The bar plot was cute though, and I like getting to see Gabby engaged in a female friendship again.  That's something I've really missed after Shay died.

• Love 1

I'm getting tired of Severide and the revolving Women. Seriously as soon as I saw the blonde woman sharing scenes with mainly him I said "great the 50th woman he's gonna Fuck on this show" . Seriously show bring on a woman for him and have her stick with him for more than two Episodes. Dawson and Casey shouldn't have to be the only long lasting couple on this show. And a Big NO to Brett and Jimmy it's gross he was with Chill and Bretts attraction for him came out of nowhere

• Love 1

I like the fact that Molly's is a gathering place for all three shows. It seems more organic than forced.

I don't. I keep tuning into this show thinking I've tuned in too late because Chicago Med ended in Molly's and there's Herrmann. It throws me every week.

Did they introduce this blonde chick that made Severide babysit for her last week on this show or some other show? Honestly, between the cross-overs and the revolving door of women for Severide I can't keep track.

I also can't figure out how anyone ever works at Mollys when Gabby, Otis, Herrmann and now Stella are all working the same shift at the fire station. Does the bar just close down for 24 hours whenever they're on shift, or is there some other employee there we've never seen?

And yeah, did the fire trucks, crews and police stay there until the end of the graduation ceremony so they could walk the kid home?

• Love 1
I keep tuning into this show thinking I've tuned in too late because Chicago Med ended in Molly's and there's Herrmann.

When does Herrmann spend time with his (countless) children?

Edited by MaryHedwig
  • Love 1

It's also laughably absurd that Casey has been alderman for all of two days and already he's got a publicist/manager approaching him about state or national office. At this rate he'll be President by the end of the season.

• Love 2

I keep watching Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. but am kind of loosing interest in both. Fire has always been my preferred show but the alderman story line is eye roll inducing for me. Even though I have other issues with the show the alderman ark and the fact that they ruined the character of Chili are two that have been bothering me a lot.

• Love 2

I keep watching Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. but am kind of loosing interest in both. Fire has always been my preferred show but the alderman story line is eye roll inducing for me. Even though I have other issues with the show the alderman ark and the fact that they ruined the character of Chili are two that have been bothering me a lot.

I find myself the least interested in this show and I think it goes back to them killing Shay for no reason because it didn't really affect Gabby and Severide the way they promised it would and the show lost a gay woman character. I hate that Casey is put on a pedestal all the time and Casey and Gabby don't have any chemistry with each other.

I watch out of loyalty to my hometown but I really like Med and PD better.

When does Herrmann spend time with his (countless) children?

That is another one of my burning questions (no pun intended).

It's also laughably absurd that Casey has been alderman for all of two days and already he's got a publicist/manager approaching him about state or national office. At this rate he'll be President by the end of the season.

I'd vote for him. He's better than all the alternatives we have this year. Except Kasich.

This can't be the first time that a victim threw herself (or himself) at Steve McQueen's Grandson (And His Abs). I'm just saying.

It'd have been funny if Victor had refused Alderman Casey's offer: "No offense, Mister Casey, but I heard you practically get killed every shift. I have enough danger in my life."

On 4/23/2016 at 10:40 PM, Jaded said:

Fire has always been my preferred show but the alderman story line is eye roll inducing for me.

Same here. It's only been a few episodes but I'm already bone weary of this storyline. The long and the short is, this isn't a political show. If I want to see campaigning and dirty politics, I'll tune into Good Wife. We watch this show to see firefighters and their friends/families.