Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

House Hunters International

8 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

and why do you need a separate space for it?

Have you seen how much crap people who make jewelry have? Yes, they need a space. The PBS show Beads, Baubles and Jewels says it all.

• Laugh 1

17 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

LA to Mexico- What was I missing here? I swear the husband said they had rented a studio space, so why was wifey yammering on and on about how she needed a house that had lots of space for her 'crafting'? Is 'crafting' different than 'jewelry making', and why do you need a separate space for it?

Also, since she apparently has no intention of bearing his children, at least she's letting him have an apartment in town.

I personally feel a sense of relief that these two aren't going to be reproducing anytime soon.  I presume that hubby wants a space where he can build furniture after he is done with meditation and yoga which apparently consume his mornings.  Building furniture requires a lot of fairly bulky materiel as well as a lot of large tools and requires dedicated floor space and probably access to electricity,  so I can see why he needs a workshop.  Jewelry making, on the other hand, is a lot less space consuming and probably can be done almost anywhere; so I can see why she might want to have space at home for it.  Of course, she also said she is very messy and apparently doesn't clean up after herself too well, so perhaps he doesn't want to share space with her.  And, as noted above, she probably has a crap-ton of little boxes and bags filled with itty-bitty junk she strings together to make her creations and needs a place to store it in addition to whatever she might need for her current project.  You don't need much space to actually assemble the junky jewelry, but you do need space to store all of the zillions of tiny little beads and fake pearls, and stones and sparkles you've accumulated for your 'craft'.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 3

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:41 AM, mojito said:

This couple couldn't afford Hong Kong or Taiwan, and I doubt they'd want to live in the People's Republic of China (by this I mean the mainland as I believe Taiwan is also part of the PPC)

No, Taiwan is a separate country from the People's Republic of China.  Hong Kong, on the other hand, was repatriated years ago and is part of PPC.

• Like 1

I finally watched the Amsterdam couple and while I didn’t like them I didn’t like the realtor either, I can understand being annoyed with them because their wishlist was too much for their budget but she kept saying they didn’t need a third bedroom because she was currently pregnant. I mean if they were renting I could sort of see her point but looking 2 or 3 years ahead if not longer is pretty common when buying.

• Like 1

She 'wasn't' currently pregnant you mean.  Maybe she never will be or maybe it will be several years down the road.  Why not enjoy a two-bedroom apartment for the time being, then sell (make a profit) and find a bigger place in a few years.  He may even get transferred to another location sometime in the future.

3 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

She 'wasn't' currently pregnant you mean.  Maybe she never will be or maybe it will be several years down the road.  Why not enjoy a two-bedroom apartment for the time being, then sell (make a profit) and find a bigger place in a few years.  He may even get transferred to another location sometime in the future.

Yes I meant currently but he made it sound like they were going to get pregnant soon. However, I had missed the beginning and assumed the Gracie or whatever the name was was their dog and not a child so a two bedroom makes more sense than I thought when I posted. However, because I hate moving I would never in a million years purchase a place that I would outgrow in one or two years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I finally watched the Amsterdam couple and while I didn’t like them I didn’t like the realtor either, I can understand being annoyed with them because their wishlist was too much for their budget but she kept saying they didn’t need a third bedroom because she was currently pregnant. I mean if they were renting I could sort of see her point but looking 2 or 3 years ahead if not longer is pretty common when buying.

Also, they were spending a million and I’d want a lot for that, too, frankly. I get expensive city blah blah but someone would damn well hear me complain about a million bucks not getting me a washer and dryer. 

• Like 1

You can complain all you want, but if a million bucks won't get you what you want in a certain city, then it is what it is.  Either accept that or move someplace else.

• Like 3

Expat memoirs may be a dime a dozen, but anyone interested in San Miguel de Allende should read this book!  I was surprised it is less than 20 years old - that town has gotten really popular really fast.

12D22FF1-7221-4755-B81D-81A859763B53.jpeg