Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4

• Start Topic

It was the perfect beginning of a relationship.  Lorelai didn't know what Luke had in mind so she stood apart from him at the beginning of the dance, looking everywhere but at him.  Then they got closer and they were she was watching his face until they were finally really comfortable and in the moment.  It was so sweet and realistic.  When anyone starts a new romance, the steps are tentative and that one dance said it all.  Great acting and great directing on that scene.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It was the perfect beginning of a relationship.  Lorelai didn't know what Luke had in mind so she stood apart from him at the beginning of the dance, looking everywhere but at him.  Then they got closer and they were she was watching his face until they were finally really comfortable and in the moment.  It was so sweet and realistic.  When anyone starts a new romance, the steps are tentative and that one dance said it all.  Great acting and great directing on that scene.

Yes little by little they move closer and closer until she has her head on his shoulder. Plus the shy smiles and awkwardness is endearing. Luke even kind of blows out a breath. Now I'm going to have to watch that scene again. Oh heck. I linked it.

Luke and Lorelai waltz.

Edited by lulu1960
  • Love 8

Ballrooms and Biscotti is annoying me tonight for some reason. Lorelai being all crazy about Rory spending her last night before Yale with her grandmother was annoying. They spent the entire summer together backpacking and she gets all possessive. It did end with a decent Lorelai and Emily scene but this episode just screamed self centered Lorelai to me. And don't get me started on Taylor.

I did love Lorelai's reaction to Luke getting married. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, twoods said:

I did love Lorelai's reaction to Luke getting married. 

I've always loved that scene, not just because of her reaction, but also because of his presentation. He's like a captain sailing into an unavoidable storm... stiffening his spine, controlling his emotions, and heading face on into the disaster. He just deals with it.

Spoiler

So many times in later seasons, I wonder where that guy went. But that guy wouldn't serve the major WTF plots that ASP put together for season 6.

• Love 2

I was going to ask this in the Season Three thread but anyone noticed when at the dinner table when Richard's talking about the Harvard-Yale game and how they've been going for years for a second Emily kind of makes a face or has an expression like she really wishes she hadn't been going for years? Maybe it was seeing Pennilynn Lott, but for a moment I wondered how much she really enjoyed going to the Harvard-Yale game? 

Edited by andromeda331

I am fairly happy with Rory's freshman year. Mine was not very exciting, not compared to others (although I ended up going to many of my firsts that year). I totally get the freshman jitters so Lorelai actually did some right things by encouraging her daughter to socialize and help her make some friends. Lorelai definitely chilled out this season, even with Rory going off to Yale. I think she grew up in some aspects, at least in the beginning of the season. She was very mature and had a better line drawn between parent and best friend. Emily also tried to help out with Rory's freshman situation, but I can understand why her approach didn't appeal to Rory as much. Emily did it in her Emily way, which can be perceived as a little strong. 

There are some Rory subplots that I totally related to and some I didn't. Rory's study tree in An Affair to Remember made Rory look a little unreasonable, because she definitely snapped too quickly on people when she was finding a method of studying (was her house always dead silent when studying?) but I also get the stress of her classes getting to her. Also, I know I went to a Canadian university, but five courses was standard for me (and I was far from a good student; I got very average marks). But I definitely relate to the fighting roommates who don't get along. Man, does that bring back memories of my first year....and come to think of it, all of my years. 

The one thing I like about the introduction of certain love interests, such as Jason and Jess, is the fact that they're introduced outside of their love interests, establishing them as characters before they get put into scenes with the person they are going to end up dating. It lets them have scenes with more than one person, at least, and it gives them layers that aren't just The Love Interest. So that aspect I appreciated about Jason this season. He's definitely one of the more quirkier love interests, but I'm not quite sure that I enjoyed him with Lorelai.

I kept forgetting that Luke was married to Nicole this season. It's only when they brought it up that I remembered. It's ridiculous that they stayed married for that long, anyway. They clearly just wanted drama, even if it made no sense. 

Oh, Dean. I don't get why he would rush into a marriage so young. He's not a dumb guy. Maybe a little clueless at times, but not dumb. So his turn this season is definitely disappointing. I'm not really sure why they had to rehash Dean/Rory at all. I know he ended things with her a year ago and on bad terms, but still. It definitely puts Dean on the level that he always puts Jess, so I guess they were trying to make a point there. Sure, he was sweet in a couple of scenes by being there for Rory when she was having her Yale meltdown, but as soon as he figured out that he was redeveloping feelings for her and felt tempted, he should have walked away. They clearly can't be just friends because they were never just friends. They tried this time around, but obviously it was never going to happen the moment we found out officially that Dean wasn't over Rory the night before the wedding. But Dean lied to Lindsay about him being friends with Rory, which means he knew it was wrong in some way.

But....he has stopped yelling angrily, at least. 

Although, in The Incredible Shrinking Lorelai's, I saw the clear parallels between the failing scenes between Rory/Dean and Lorelai/Luke. But they're different situations, no matter the similarities they tried to present.  

So, we meet the infamous Liz this season. Yeah, she's not quite what I expected when Luke described her. She was not a good mother if she could abandon her son at seventeen; it's not a quirk thing here. Even if she had some likable moments, she still was a crappy mother, but now I guess it makes sense as to why Jess reacted to Lorelai the way that he did. Having a Cool Mom isn't what Jess liked because he grew up with the Quirky Mom, but the one who ended up abandoning him and damaged him for years.

I mean, even if we look at Lorelai and Jess' situations with family, at least Lorelai's parents wanted her and would always accept her into their lives. Jess' parents didn't want him at all, and Lorelai may hate her parents most of the time, but at least she had somewhere to go back to if she needed help. Jess never had that and Lorelai could never understand that. She doesn't get that family can be so toxic that you could lose it in one fell swoop. She was still lucky, even if she never realized it. Emily and Richard were not good parents at all, but Lorelai could never lose them in the way that Jess lost his parents for years. Even though Liz never actually left him until he was almost an adult, she emotionally neglected him and chose her own selfishness over her son.  

But I guess I'm glad that Luke was still supportive of her happiness, even if it is with TJ. It's just that I wished Liz was held accountable for her actions. It's this reason why I probably can't like Liz. 

Seeing Jess' relationships start to change with his family this season shows the growth he's doing. He may not be perfect and going through the process quickly, but at nineteen years old, he's bound to change into the man he can be, so it's good to see him start to get on that path. I can't help it; Jess will always hold a special place in my heart. And, I still can't help but like Rory/Jess. And the image of a nineteen year old  boy in a strip club with other guys, two girls mud wrestling in the background, and his head is in a book? One of the funniest images I'll ever see on a television show, but also so Jess. But Luke helped Jess with that self help book, and Jess helped Luke to realize that he needed that self help book. It's why Jess/Luke is probably my third favourite relationship of the show, with Rory/Lorelai, and Lorelai/Emily in the top two spots. 

So, Kirk and Taylor's roles reversed this season. I found myself enjoying a lot of Kirk's subplots (my favourite being the one where he goes on a date) and finding myself only being able to tolerate Taylor in certain episodes. We also got to see Michel in places other than the Inn. We even saw him in Luke's! And Sookie got to see Emily and Richard's! 

Lane's story broke my heart this season. Seeing her relationship with her mom change is always hard, especially since it's understandable from Lane's POV as well as Mrs. Kim's POV. I'm realizing that, out of all the characters on the show, Mrs. Kim and Jess both change the most throughout the series. They both go through a lot of growth that other characters don't quite hit. 

I think one of my favourite moments of this season has to be when Emily had to go to tell Lorelai that she was firing her and Sookie for the catering. That is the most humble Emily has ever been with her daughter so seeing the scene starting out with Lorelai automatically assuming it was for other personal reasons and watching Emily take it was tough to watch. It really showed that Emily was supportive of her daughter's new business and was actually excited about it. I think part of it has to do with Jason calling her traditional ways 'stuffy' but the fact that she went to Lorelai's house specifically says a lot. And it's sad that we don't get more growth with Emily/Lorelai in this sense, but I know that 35 years of history can't be fixed quickly. 

I also figured out that when an episode is centered on the town in some way, they are generally quite good. I also loved the last three episodes as well.

Also, I finally enjoyed the Luke/Lorelai relationship this season, for the most part. Both were there for each other when they needed it. 

Ultimately, I didn't actually hate this season. So far, I've been fairly ok with each season. I'm just anticipating when it takes me more than two days to finish a season. 

• Love 6

Okay, so a few episodes into Season 4 on my rewatch binge, which should time out pretty well down to the wire of Thanksgiving ...

Two comments, one admittedly a nitpicky question, but it's been nagging at me so I figured maybe the folks here would have some insight:

Just watched "The Festival of Living Art," which of course I remember from watching it the first time around, but wondered why the event is only referred to in the episode as "The Festival of Living PICTURES." I don't remember that from before and have always thought of it as the Festival of Living Art.  (I noted in the wiki that there is an alternate title, Louvre Me Or Leave Me, maybe?)

Is it possible that somehow for some reason they edited the episode to change the name of the event? Or is this just another inexplicable Gilmore mystery for the ages?

Also, I almost fell off the bed laughing when Miss Patty uttered "Oy to the Vey." My husband is a jazz musician who specializes in Brazilian jazz and so a lot of his colleagues and collaborators speak Portuguese. Not TOO long ago (definitely a few years after watching GG the first time through) I heard them say, a few times, what I THOUGHT was "oy to the vey" and thought it was a funny and catchy phrase, then finally learned what they were REALLY saying was "oi tudo bem" (pronounced EXACTLY the same way) which means, basically, ""hi, how are you?" in Portuguese ... I like "oy to the vey" much better. No doubt in my mind that that's where the Miss Patty-ism came from but I did not remember hearing it on GG ... 

And I continue to constantly see myself in Lorelei (or the way I used to be when my daughter lived at home/went to college ... now that she's 3000 miles away, not as much, but we do have a hot date where we're kicking the guys out on Black Friday for our own bingewatch of the reboot ... popcorn, takeout Indian food and all.)

• Love 3

I'm in my rewatch and have hit my favorite season - number 4.  So many great things but I forgot that this season was the season of Richard & Emily's war with their neighbors the Richmans, they of the king-size Halloween candies and 6 foot tall roof reindeer.  Love it.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 3
On 13/10/2016 at 7:36 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Also, I almost fell off the bed laughing when Miss Patty uttered "Oy to the Vey." My husband is a jazz musician who specializes in Brazilian jazz and so a lot of his colleagues and collaborators speak Portuguese. Not TOO long ago (definitely a few years after watching GG the first time through) I heard them say, a few times, what I THOUGHT was "oy to the vey" and thought it was a funny and catchy phrase, then finally learned what they were REALLY saying was "oi tudo bem" (pronounced EXACTLY the same way) which means, basically, ""hi, how are you?" in Portuguese ... I like "oy to the vey" much better. No doubt in my mind that that's where the Miss Patty-ism came from but I did not remember hearing it on GG ... 

As a Brazilian, that entire paragraph was just wild! Brazilian jazz? Really? You learn something new everyday. Also, "oi, tudo bem?" sounding like "oy to the vey"! I suppose if someone has a really, really bad flu.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, cuddlingcrowley said:

As a Brazilian, that entire paragraph was just wild! Brazilian jazz? Really? You learn something new everyday. Also, "oi, tudo bem?" sounding like "oy to the vey"! I suppose if someone has a really, really bad flu.

I was hearing it from two rooms away LOL ... it was definitely a case of my mishearing!  But I stand by my belief that Miss Patty's "oy to the vey" derives from someone else mishearing "oi, tudo bem" LOL!!!

PS ... CuddlingCrowley, where is home for you now?  We're based in DC area and there's a pretty decent Brazilian music scene (I can send you link to my husband's website if you're nearby!) 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:36 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Just to be clear, you're not suggesting Miss Patty said "Oi tudo bem" instead of "Oy to the vey," are you? You were just pointing out the similarity in the way those two phrases sound, correct? Because "Hi, how are you" doesn't make any sense in context, whereas "Oy to the vey" does.

"Just to be clear, you're not suggesting Miss Patty said "Oi tudo bem" instead of "Oy to the vey," are you? You were just pointing out the similarity in the way those two phrases sound, correct? Because "Hi, how are you" doesn't make any sense in context, whereas "Oy to the vey" does."

Oh, no, absolutely not ... I know she definitely said "oy to the vey" ... was just sharing a completely random anecdote that I started using the term myself because I completely misheard someone who was actually saying "oi, tudo bem" and thought they were saying "oy to the vey" ... I've actually never heard anyone else say "oy to the vey" before so I thought it was hilarious. 

I think I need that on a T-shirt.

• Love 1

So I've been watching a bunch of episodes as a runup to the Netflix event and the other day I randomly chose Chicken or Beef. I'd forgotten just how much Taylor was in the episode. It was too much Taylor for one season let alone one episode. I had a headache by the end of it.

• Love 6

Taylor and Kirk in small doses was fine. However,when there was such a focus on both them, it was too much. Such as Kirk wanting the same house as Luke or the Fiddler on the Roof episode (shutter). Taylor's reaction to "moving" the Dragon Fly or how he was so hell bent on having to involve Luke in his crazy plans was too much.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

This was my least favorite season thus far. I am not sure if bingewatching is the best way for a first-time watcher to watch. 

I think watching it weekly would have been worst. A lot of Meh episodes. I definitely consider season 4 one of the weakest seasons if not the weakest. 

• Love 1

One thing I find odd is at the dinners with Emily and Richard, Lorelai is almost always shocked by the food served. I find it odd, since she grew up eating that food.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 7

"

"I would have loved to see Liz really understanding what she did to her kid. "

Oh please...I hear this trotted out again and again as if Jess' behavior is 100% Liz' fault. There're also personality, choices and, when it came to Rory - male entitlement. There's this worrying  undercurrent of "bad boys will be bad boys because they are oh so aggrieved" + a helping of "blame anything wrong with a male it on his mother" going on with fan perception of Jess.

Of course it sounds like Liz was negligent. But we don't know enough of their background to judge how much of his "acting out" comes from nature and not nurture. He could've been a difficult kid to start with and really did drive her up the wall thus causing her to give him up. Their dysfunctional personalities might've fed off each other toxically. There are countless teens around the world who would kill to have the privileges Jess has and would be eternally grateful to people who help them.

And there's his father. Why is no one consistently blaming him for running off? Liz at least put work into keeping Jess alive for 17 years. Men can abandon their children with far less social judgement than women who stay and raise them imperfectly because they're not given the social permission to walk away.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Eva Marie said:

There are countless teens around the world who would kill to have the privileges Jess has and would be eternally grateful to people who help them.

And by the same token, Paris had an equally neglectful set of parents albeit she grew up with a nanny and money.  Instead of acting out and behaving like the world owed her, she worked all the harder to become a success.  She was certainly not a cuddly person and she crossed the line at times but she didn't use the "poor me, I'm so put upon" to excuse her behavior.  She worked hard while Jess went the bad boy route expecting women to excuse it because his mommy didn't love him enough.

8 hours ago, Eva Marie said:

And there's his father. Why is no one consistently blaming him for running off?

Except for Luke giving him the cold shoulder, his name never comes up and Jess never mentions his part in the scenario either.

Edited by Kohola3
spelling matters
  • Love 5

So apparently the boring rich boy Emily introduced Rory to toward the end of the season was supposed to be her new love interest? Eek. That actor was a black hole of talent and chemistry on Veronica Mars. It's interesting though to read that once VM got picked up that had to scramble to replace him and came up with Logan. Makes me wonder what Boring Guy's trajectory would've been: brief relationship with Rory or was he going to be her long-term boyfriend like Logan?

On 3/24/2018 at 9:02 AM, slf said:

So apparently the boring rich boy Emily introduced Rory to toward the end of the season was supposed to be her new love interest? Eek. That actor was a black hole of talent and chemistry on Veronica Mars. It's interesting though to read that once VM got picked up that had to scramble to replace him and came up with Logan. Makes me wonder what Boring Guy's trajectory would've been: brief relationship with Rory or was he going to be her long-term boyfriend like Logan?

Fascinating!  Where did you find this?  

• Love 1

Wow, I've always thought his purpose was to show how that she had nothing in common with him and doesn't like his drunk friends. Which of course sets up the Dean thing. It's interesting that he was going to be more then a one off.

• Love 1

My recollection is that he was going to be the new boyfriend and be introduced at the end of season 4.  When he got the VM part, his part got changed to a one-off, so his scene/character would have been somewhat different.  Makes me wonder if the original plan was for Rory to lose her virginity to Dean.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, shron17 said:

My recollection is that he was going to be the new boyfriend and be introduced at the end of season 4.  When he got the VM part, his part got changed to a one-off, so his scene/character would have been somewhat different.  Makes me wonder if the original plan was for Rory to lose her virginity to Dean.

Makes me glad he left acting and became a lawyer. He was horrible as Duncan, and that bloody crying scene with his dead sister was so over top, I cringe to it to this day.  

• Love 1

For me, the best of GG is the organic parental moments, eg Richard and Emily over the moon about Rory choosing Yale, and Mama Kim's pain when Lane was so very stand-offish when they met on the sidewalk.  The witty repartee could be fun, but the soul of the series, imo, was found in the all-consuming love the parents had for their children - especially when they did not understand it.  

I believe the cast felt similarly, as most of the remarks about the "Seasons" eps were about how much they missed EH (Richard).   

I especially loved the ep where Rory had to face herself for realz.  I didn't understand the issue with her paper which led to the "D" on her paper and withdrawing from the course - it was her original work.  It was not plagiarizing!  It wouldn't even have been a knock-off of anything done at Yale.  Anyway, the contrivance led to an existential crisis.  It was very real.  AB was turrible, but the moments were earned.  

Similarly, Lorelai freaking out about asking for cash brought her down majorly.  She wasn't quite Miss Independence now, was she?  She never was.  I could never get past her conceit in this regard. 

I'll never forgive the Palladino's for having that incredible moment when Lorelai finally got real with Luke and he responded perfectly - and then they contrived and conspired to keep them apart.   This microcosm displayed the possibilities and the limitations of this show perfectly.  

• Love 1

So the mystery of what Jason Stiles went on to do after breaking up with Lorelai has finally been answered!  He put on some weight and started board gaming with Wil Wheaton and Mayim Bialik.  >_<

5b572b0bd53f0_Screenshot(1404).thumb.png.1f728b376b236a9fe7dd0c7de169c7fd.png

(No, that's not really him.  This guy just bears an uncanny resemblance to Chris Eigeman and it makes me laugh.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/6/2016 at 4:48 AM, lulu1960 said:

Yes little by little they move closer and closer until she has her head on his shoulder. Plus the shy smiles and awkwardness is endearing. Luke even kind of blows out a breath. Now I'm going to have to watch that scene again. Oh heck. I linked it.

Luke and Lorelai waltz.

That's a beautiful scene and OMG, I loved Lorelai's dress so much.

• Love 2
On 1/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, stan4 said:

Tick, tick, tick boom is one of my favorite episodes.

I agree with those who say that Rory at Yale is a snooze fest.

I didn't even like Rory at high school.  Both are big snoozes to me.

Season 4 is when Rory becomes hateable.  She certainly talks about other women being fat, a lot.  It's not just "Die Jerk", either.  She's still using the baby voice - IN COLLEGE, FOR GOODNESS SAKES.  I truly hate this character.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Season 4 is when Rory becomes hateable.  She certainly talks about other women being fat, a lot.  It's not just "Die Jerk", either.  She's still using the baby voice - IN COLLEGE, FOR GOODNESS SAKES.  I truly hate this character.

"Why is everyone so mean to me?  Why is she upset just because I compared her to a hippo?  Why don't they realize I was insulting the person who made her costume when I said she had a roll of fat around her bra strap?  THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!"

"Why do my horrible roommates think it's unfair that I have a 5th person living with us in close quarters? They should enjoy her!"

"Dean was my boyfriend first, so why are you acting like I shouldn't have sex with another woman's husband?  You are so unfair, Mom! YOU RUINED THIS FOR ME!!!!"

10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

8 hours ago, deaja said:

"Why is everyone so mean to me?  Why is she upset just because I compared her to a hippo?  Why don't they realize I was insulting the person who made her costume when I said she had a roll of fat around her bra strap?  THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!"

"Why do my horrible roommates think it's unfair that I have a 5th person living with us in close quarters? They should enjoy her!"

"Dean was my boyfriend first, so why are you acting like I shouldn't have sex with another woman's husband?  You are so unfair, Mom! YOU RUINED THIS FOR ME!!!!"

She really does. I know its not just Die, Jerk. But she spends the first part of the episode whining because Doyle doesn't immediately love her articles. At one point she even asks she's being hazed because it can't possibly be that Doyle was right. She whines and complains. Makes the remark that she peaked in high school. Lorelai points out that its college so its going to be different. I understand being disappointed but she just keeps whining. Then she's shocked, shocked that the ballet and ballerina she wrote horrible things about was upset. Yes, Rory you did call her a hippo. She tries to blame Doyle but mostly act like its no big deal. You know she was just doing a job so the ballerina shouldn't be upset. Like it wasn't Rory's fault. Then tries to act like no one cares about ballet anyway and there's nothing she can do about that. Later she tries to convince Doyle to let her re-write her review, Doyle points out stuff like that is going to happen all the time. He's exactly right. Rory claims she wants to cover wars and political stuff she really thinks she won't ever get people mad at her about what she writes? Rory thinks they won't be living in her dorm or nearby.

The stupid study tree. There is no place in all of Yale for Rory to study? Oh, no. Not one. She's going to flunk out of college all because she won't find another place to study. Or just suck it up. Lorelai was right when she told Rory she needed to grown up and if the plan doesn't work come up with another plan.

I hate Rory so completely after Lorelai catches her and Dean at the house. I do love everything Lorelai says. Its exactly what I hoped she would say. I quote it often on different threads and even in real life especially the 'but you dumped him, you rejected him, you picked someone else.' and the 'he's not your Dean, she's Lindsay's Dean. 

I really love when Lorelai calls Rory out. Its so rare but when she does she's spot on.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I LOVE Lorelai in those moments too.  I'm actually disappointed she got over it so quickly and was fine with Rory and Dean dating.  He didn't get divorced, he just fucking left his wife like a pig, didn't he?  And then they started dating.  (Sorry, that goes into S5, which I'm watching now.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I LOVE Lorelai in those moments too.  I'm actually disappointed she got over it so quickly and was fine with Rory and Dean dating.  He didn't get divorced, he just fucking left his wife like a pig, didn't he?  And then they started dating.  (Sorry, that goes into S5, which I'm watching now.)

I'm disappointed she did too. I do think that's what started Lorelai to stop calling her daughter out. She called Rory out and Rory got mad and went to Europe with her grandmother and wouldn't talk to her mother. Although she did seem at least a little uncomfortable it when Sookie and Luke asked her about it and trying to casually ask Rory how he was doing. Her remark under her breathe when Rory crashed after a date with Dean went bust.

• Love 1

Can you really imagine her questioning? Asking him any hard questions? 

Lol. "What is your favorite color? If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?"

Mitchum was right she'd make an excellent assistant. Also excellent at organizing fundraisers, editing, research and maybe teaching. 

This. Paris on the other hand would have chased a story to hell and back. Too bad she didn't go into journalism.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Lol. "What is your favorite color? If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?"

This. Paris on the other hand would have chased a story to hell and back. Too bad she didn't go into journalism.

Too bad. She'd be an awesome journalist. I'd pay to see Paris interviewing Obama, Trump and other politicians. Or really anyone. I'm disappointed we didn't get to see her interview the religious leaders she interviewed in season five and ticked off. I still laugh at her questioning politicians in season three. One introducing her to another one to get away from Paris. Him or another one who saw Paris and hid before she saw him.

• LOL 2

I do love Lorelai's reaction in Recipes and Raincoats to the idea she might be dating Luke. She's nervous, going back into the diner and knocking everything off the table, when she hears Luke's coming to the test run, and getting hit in the head by the door. It was funny but also really interesting. Lorelai's never really been that nervous before with any guy she dated. Also her shock at the end of Last Week Fights This Week Tights when she realizes Luke just asked her out on a date. 

• Love 5

So much as I love to hear people express my thoughts about the Mitchum/Rory situation without actually having to type them out, they're pretty far off-topic for Season 4. Remember that we have the separate season threads in large part for new watchers who don't want to be spoiled.  So please keep your thoughts in here related to Season 4.

I'm moving a bunch of posts to the All Season thread, so please feel free to continue the conversation there.

2 hours ago, deaja said:

So much as I love to hear people express my thoughts about the Mitchum/Rory situation without actually having to type them out, they're pretty far off-topic for Season 4. Remember that we have the separate season threads in large part for new watchers who don't want to be spoiled.  So please keep your thoughts in here related to Season 4.

I'm moving a bunch of posts to the All Season thread, so please feel free to continue the conversation there.

Ah geez, I'm probably one of the guilty ones, sorry about that! I totally forget to pay attention to what thread I'm in discussing old shows. (And I should know better as I'm one who watches new-to-me shows years after they air and then go back and find discussion forums for them to read.)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Ah geez, I'm probably one of the guilty ones, sorry about that! I totally forget to pay attention to what thread I'm in discussing old shows. (And I should know better as I'm one who watches new-to-me shows years after they air and then go back and find discussion forums for them to read.)

No worries; it happens! I moved the posts, so no harm done.

So in my slow rewatch I'm on season 4. I don't really like Season 4 for a number of reasons: 

-Rory is my least favourite character but in the early seasons I found her stories interesting enough to stay with it. Now I fast forward unless it's a scene with Lane or Paris. I'm not into Marty, her college friends, whatever.

-I like Emily and Richard but this is the season where they split right? Not a storyline I enjoy.

-Digger. Um, do I need to say anything else? I just watched An Affair to Remember and Digger is just skeezy right at the outset. I just can't believe Lorelai would actually go out with him unless she is going through a phase where she hates herself and wants to degrade herself. Like Buffy and Spike heh but without the chemistry.

-As always I do like the townspeople, Kirk on his first date with Lulu was great, it was nice of Luke to give him some advice.

-Rory go to a fucking library. WTF is wrong with you?

I was alone and dead broke when i went to uni. I could only take a couple classes at a time to start because I couldn't get a loan and I was working part-time minimum wage job. I studied in a 400 ft square apt with very little heat in the winter. I took baths sometimes just to get warm. I had no computer so I had to walk to the school (was not on campus) in sub zero temps and spend my Saturdays and Sundays in the open computer labs in the basement of some of the school buildings. Took me 6 yrs to get a four yr degree, but I did and finished debt free and with a full scholarship for my masters bc of my grades.

Lol. Can you tell why I don't like Rory? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, cleo said:

So in my slow rewatch I'm on season 4. I don't really like Season 4 for a number of reasons: 

-Rory is my least favourite character but in the early seasons I found her stories interesting enough to stay with it. Now I fast forward unless it's a scene with Lane or Paris. I'm not into Marty, her college friends, whatever.

-I like Emily and Richard but this is the season where they split right? Not a storyline I enjoy.

-Digger. Um, do I need to say anything else? I just watched An Affair to Remember and Digger is just skeezy right at the outset. I just can't believe Lorelai would actually go out with him unless she is going through a phase where she hates herself and wants to degrade herself. Like Buffy and Spike heh but without the chemistry.

-As always I do like the townspeople, Kirk on his first date with Lulu was great, it was nice of Luke to give him some advice.

-Rory go to a fucking library. WTF is wrong with you?

I was alone and dead broke when i went to uni. I could only take a couple classes at a time to start because I couldn't get a loan and I was working part-time minimum wage job. I studied in a 400 ft square apt with very little heat in the winter. I took baths sometimes just to get warm. I had no computer so I had to walk to the school (was not on campus) in sub zero temps and spend my Saturdays and Sundays in the open computer labs in the basement of some of the school buildings. Took me 6 yrs to get a four yr degree, but I did and finished debt free and with a full scholarship for my masters bc of my grades.

Lol. Can you tell why I don't like Rory? 

That's really impressive. I wish I had that kind of dedication and fortitude. I'm not a Rory fan either because she's so up in her own head that she can't see what's right in front of her. She'll never have the chops to be a journalist. The first time she hits road block (Mitchum) she steals a boat, drops out of college, bails on her mom to live with R&E and acts like a spoiled brat. Can't you just see her trying to interview any unfriendly head of state or a serial killer or any of the tough things that real reporters have to deal with?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3