Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Surprise!

• Start Topic

I'm laughing at the fact that the play fort needs a play kitchen. I'm sorry but when most kids play in a fort, don't they dream that they're in a rocket ship going to the moon or fantasize about what it would be like to go to china or pretend that they're soldiers at war? Is it necessary that even in a play setting, the wimmen folk must fantasize about cooking and serving others? Won't they all be living that reality soon enough??

• Love 7

I'm laughing at the fact that the play fort needs a play kitchen. I'm sorry but when most kids play in a fort, don't they dream that they're in a rocket ship going to the moon or fantasize about what it would be like to go to china or pretend that they're soldiers at war? Is it necessary that even in a play setting, the wimmen folk must fantasize about cooking and serving others? Won't they all be living that reality soon enough??

I think that little kids (under 5, say) like to play with pots and pans and would probably enjoy a play kitchen. Of course none of the Duggar kids is that young.

I think, though, that it may be a poorly thought-out FU Internets moment. There have been a number of posts recently (including some from me) about the fact that the Duggar daughters don't actually seem to have any training for the "help-meet" role that they all theoretically aspire to fill. Showing that the little girls play at that role would "prove" to us all that they are being trained for this role from early childhood. It would not, of course, explain why Jill and Jessa can't cook or keep a clean house.

• Love 7

Interesting point, because they have made it a point to be seen collecting rents on the a show. You'd think Boob would have an agency set up that keeps the Duggar name out of the transactions, as well as a hired agent signing on their behalf.

But these are Duggars, and if there's one thing we know about these people, it's that they plaster their name all over their business ventures (Duggar Automotive/Towing/Aviation, etc).

Well, Boob would probably have to PAY an agent to collect his rents. And we all know he's not going to lay out cash for something he - or his kids - could do themselves.

• Love 2

Well, opening cans and serving others.  Maybe the play kitchen just needs a can opener?

• Love 5

So I got curious about the chick they threw a shower for and her FB profile picture is definitely not Funie approved---not only is she in jeans, they are ripped up to the thigh...very cute, but definitely NOT a Fundie!

• Love 3

Well, Boob would probably have to PAY an agent to collect his rents. And we all know he's not going to lay out cash for something he - or his kids - could do themselves.

Precisely my point. The ego is only superseded by the tightwad. It still doesn't stop him from plastering his name on anything he can. :D

• Love 2

Jim Bob and Michelle made their appearance complete with frontal hugs!!! . When did that become allowed? They just can't stay away from a film crew, I guess.

Evangelist Fundamentalist Rule #2392:  "The side hug is strictly enforced when it involves two people of the opposite sex. (no penis pressure). Adult women who have reached the age of child bearing (14) that are closely related (mother/daughter) can front hug and allow their breasts to brush together lightly. But neither hug, the side or full frontal, can be of a duration more than 3.2 seconds and no kissing is allowed with the hug (this pertains to married couples as well). A cheek-to-cheek press is fine as long as it doesn't last longer than the 3.2 second full frontal or side hug."

• Love 1

Evangelist Fundamentalist Rule #2392:  "The side hug is strictly enforced when it involves two people of the opposite sex. (no penis pressure). Adult women who have reached the age of child bearing (14) that are closely related (mother/daughter) can front hug and allow their breasts to brush together lightly. But neither hug, the side or full frontal, can be of a duration more than 3.2 seconds and no kissing is allowed with the hug (this pertains to married couples as well). A cheek-to-cheek press is fine as long as it doesn't last longer than the 3.2 second full frontal or side hug."

Awwww, is that for real? Is there a handbook with all this info? I guess it was too much to hope for that they were starting to normalize a little.

Or.....was  this an educated guess on your part, lol. Good job :)

Sitting through this episode again before the new show, I was once again freaked out by the blindfolded pregnant woman upon hearing her dad's voice. The girl was truly frightened of that voice. Something is not right or normal there.

• Love 4

Sitting through this episode again before the new show, I was once again freaked out by the blindfolded pregnant woman upon hearing her dad's voice. The girl was truly frightened of that voice. Something is not right or normal there.

Right? She was shaking.

• Love 3

I watched that scene again, too, because it freaked me out the first time as well.  

I think part of what spooked her was she had taken the arm of a person she thought was her husband and she was sort of clinging to him, then suddenly she realized it wasn't her husband, then she realized it was HER DAD and it freaked her out because it wasn't what she was expecting.  

I felt better when I noticed her and her dad in a later scene standing face to face talking and laughing with these really big smiles on their face.  Her dad was just beaming at her in a really nice way.  It made their relationship look totally different than the blindfold thing did.  Thank god. 

Vision Forum is pretty much the same thing as ATI (Gothard). Same s***, slightly different packaging. So a VF guy could easily marry a Gothard girl.

And Doug Philips is a tool.

• Love 2

You really have to be thinking a lot about sex to come up with these specifics. Think how long it took to write Deuteronomy by comparison! Do they have young people coming up with ideas or do the old guys just remember stuff, I wonder. I surely wonder what is wrong with a married couple having a frontal hug and a kiss on the cheek when it is fine for Jim Bob to do his miniature golf move. 

• Love 4

Everything is a blessing because of a severe lack of vocabulary. Like their fellowshipping rather than talking, visiting, gossiping, shooting the shit...

I don't know if it is because of a lack of vocabulary or just religion-speak.

Listen to Kathy Lee Gifford- she sees a baby & right away the Duggar vocab comes out- "special", "precious", blessing".

• Love 2