Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Surprise!

• Start Topic

The siblings continue building the tree house, which gets bigger and bigger; Joy and Sierra secretly plan a surprise baby shower; Jill and Derick have surprise guests in Central America.

Now that we know that the recipient of this baby shower was only 4 or 5 months along, how pathetic is it that they couldn't find a "friend" who actually NEEDED a shower? I posted a picture of this girl's REAL shower on the "Friends" thread. This shower happened last week for a baby apparently due in June (hopefully early June; this girl is petite and even now is HUGE). 

But two months ago? You'd think they'd know someone in their LAST trimester, what with all the "friends" they supposedly have. Except this gal is associated with Tacos4Life (she is married to the GM and apparently does their social media). The real shower pic I saw had the wife of the Tacos4Life owner, who is also now pregnant, but maybe only around 4-5 months. But they obviously found this girl through the T4L connection; I wonder if that place will get a plug tonight? They've been banning people from facebook who have questioned their association with the Duggars (including free advertising). 

• Love 5

I'm not watching....I just can't. That said, I'm having fun picturing Nancy Daniels in front of the TV, a laptop with realtime ratings info, and a huge bottle of Tums at her side. America better fall back in love with Jessa tonight, or else TLC will have her and Ben drop a sex tape to generate interest. I predict a 1 share.

• Love 6

No, no, no. Joseph is in charge of picking Jinger's man. Joy will have to find someone else.

Can't he multitask?  Pass those who won't do for Sister A down to Sister B, and vice versa?

• Love 2

She had her real shower last week. This was 100% for show.

Pffht. Everything on the show is real. Joy Anna even co vie fly saved the party with her backing skills. How could it be fake?

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not sure the Duggars can do two things at once. I'm not entirely sure the Duggars know what multitasking means.

Can't he multitask? Pass those who won't do for Sister A down to Sister B, and vice versa?

I'm mot sure the Duggars can do two things at once. I'm not entirely sure the Duggars know what multitasking means. Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 5

I was just surfing and I see this show is on tonight.  I will watch because to me, nothing is better than Sierra planning a party.  Ever since the root beer float debacle, watching her is like watching a car wreck where you can't look away.

I haven't watched any of the shows except for five minutes when they were ALL putting a light or a fan in a room.  How many Duggars does it take to....?  The boredom I experienced was beyond.  WHO are their true fans who are giving these episodes ratings? These people are dull. What they do is dull, their personalities are dull.  My whole reason for watching 19 Kids was for the little kids.

• Love 4

Just a quick bit of snark.

So are the evil spawn master and his lazy bitch of a wife showing up briefly in every episode just to test viewer reaction or are they doing it for the pay cheque? I'm already vibrating here from the little bit I've watched so far.

• Love 7

Jessa's need to constantly "correct" Ben is getting really old.  Poor guy!  Welcome to the rest of your life. 

I was surprised to see all those pimples on Hannie's face.  Some of those kids have really bad skin.

I noticed during the breaks that there were more ads for TLC shows than actual commercials.  It should be interesting to see how long they can justify keeping them on without major advertisers. 

• Love 8

The guy who is married to the woman the baby shower was for looks like a few of the Duggar men. *shudders*

I should be ashamed of myself, but I thought Joy said Virgin instead of Spurgeon.

Who is left of the older non-married Duggar children to promote for courting and marriage.

The giggling between Jill and two women during the cookie making made me want to bang my head against the wall and go screaming into the night.

And now for your viewing and STFU internet moment!!! Jill and Derick will try to prove the heathen masses wrong by proving they are in another country trying to help people who have less than they do and convince the naysayers they are not wasting the money people donated for their cause.

(edited)

I was noticing (and annoyed by) how they cut back and forth from scene to scene with a few seconds here and a few second there. I suppose that they do that to create the illusion that this is interesting and a lot of things are going on (it's not working).

It looked like there was a special sale this week on John David and Joy. I wonder if that is the plan -- highlight a different marriageable Duggar each week?

They all just have awful skin and desperately need a dermatologist. Are they supposed to pray for clear skin?

I actually liked Sierra more than I ever have (a low bar, to be sure). It was nice to see Joy get out of the house without a family member in tow. The thrift store scene was just awful vintage Duggar with Jana repeating for the millionth time how fun it is to get out with "just us sisters" -- because they aren't together 24/7 as it is. I love my family, but if I had had to spend every second of every day with those people until I was 26 -- with no end in sight -- I would have gone insane.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 15
(edited)

I can tolerate, yea just tolerate Joy and whatsername. They seemed pretty relaxed together and not the perpetual "aaaaaaaaand, aaaand" you get from Anna and the other girls. They were at least doing something that while the party was contrived, the prep seemed organic.

Sierra is sooo angling for her own show.

And what moron would dare step a foot into that "treehouse" that's DuggarBuilt? Seriously kid, its not redneck engineering, it's a fatality yet to be witnessed.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 9

I really don't understand what they're trying to do with these telephone poles… Some of the little kids jumped into one of the holes, and it was clearly only 2 to 3 feet deep at the most. That's nowhere near deep enough to safely hold posts that big. A post supporting a deck is usually sunk at least 4 feet, these 20 foot poles should be sunk way way way further than these knuckleheads are sucking them. This whole thing looks incredibly dangerous.

I'm also kind of over this "let's showcase one of the girls, because they totally have individual personalities, despite insisting for 10 years that we were the Stepford family " episodes.

• Love 9
(edited)

Just whizzed by a few minutes of this...please tell me that wasn't yet another freakin' BABY SHOWER, complete with GAMES !!!! Good lord, do these people do anything else? I'm beginning to think that baby showers are their main means of socialization. Gross.

So Joy is a "Party Planner" now? I thought she was a "Car Detailer". And did she say they sucked the tom-boy (ie. fun) out of her and she's happy about that development, cuz now she's a "Party Planner" with that Mullet-wannabee. There are no words.

That pregnant chick was having a pedi done by a MAN who was not the man God chose for her. Is that allowed?

Ben looks thinner. Did I see a preview that he's an aspiring rapper now? That hat has been doing promos for months, so ...yeah.

One can watch this whole thing by just seeing previews. JD is such a lady-killer. Hold me back.

So much acne. The mind. It boggles.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 11
(edited)

Fixed it:

Who is left of the older non Duggar children to promote for courting and marriage.

Why that would be Bin since they have him sitting with the Duggars boys who are looking to court. Yeah, a Very Binessa divorce is coming sooner than later the more we see her mocking him every chance she gets.

Y'aalllllll are so much fun! Because of that I want to know who sent their I wanna court JD application into Jana yet!???

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4

They donate 22 cents of each sale (or taco?) to people in need, mostly in Africa, from what I could tell from sniffing around the site a bit. They had pictures of the owner and his now-pregnant wife somewhere in Africa. Sorry, I'm too lazy to look up the details right now. Two nights ago, I had all this info at my fingertips! LOL

• Love 2

Okay, this is what I learned from this episode:

*Joy has been helping Sierra plan parties for five years!! So she started at 13??

*Joy enjoys baking for and with the little kids BUT she was a big ol' tomboy.

*Joy is becoming more "girl like"

*Joy considers Sierra a best friend and mentor (isn't Sierra like 30?)

*Joy is more girl like and loves shopping (according to Jessa "us girls really like to shop!") but watches the babies so she won't have to shop.

*Jessa and Sierra have become very good friends with Kristen (?) since they found out Kristen is pregnant - so very good friends for like a month??

*The reason they have men and children at baby showers is because if it was just women they would just sit in a circle and stare at each other in uncomfortable

silence - per Sierra

*Taking groceries to a poor family in Central America - food, you know, like rice and beans.  They couldn't have said flour, milk, fruits and vegetables?  I don't know maybe I am being too thin-skinned but I found it slightly offensive that rice and beans was the only food they could think to mention.

*Even a minute of Jim Bob and Michelle is a minute too much

Okay I 'm done - I feel better!

• Love 14

Of course Jenny found the glasses. Who the hell do they think hid them?

If everyone who posts on this board stopped watching would that make any dent in their ratings? Meaning, could we, as a group, get this shit off the air?

If you're using heavy equipment and machinery that you are aware you 'shouldn't' be using for this stupid tree house/tree fort thing, maybe that's a sign right there that YOU SHOULD NOT BE OPERATING THIS MACHINERY!!!

(Sorry...I'm coming off very negatively and I should just go to sleep)!

• Love 5
(edited)

For anyone that is more technically gifted than myself - there is a moment about 18 minutes into the show that MUST become a GIF...  It is a talking head with Jessa and dummy looking even more clueless than I have ever seen him.  Mouth hanging open, does a double take at Jessa while she's talking even.  PRICELESS, people, just PRICELESS. 

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 5

I call BS on Joy doing a lot of parties with Sierra for the past 5 years - Sierra was teaching Joy how to make the oreo truffles, so clearly Joy had never done those before. Then Joy said she didn't think Sierra had ever put her in charge before - I think that's something Joy would remember. Joy was likely Sierra's go-fer for the Duggar girls' weddings, but I bet that's about the extent of it.

I do think Joy is a natural in front of the camera and seems pretty genuine.

Each episode, Anna gets in a little snark! This time she dissed Joy's and Sierra's cookies, revealing no one was eating them.

Jessa sure wasn't the star of the scenes with Sierra and pregnant friend - much of this episode Sierra was the star. I got the feeling that Sierra and pregnant woman were actually friends, but I don't think Jessa knows her all that well. 

• Love 4

Sierra has been tagging Holly the Cookie Lady on her IG for ages now. I can't believe she'd never been to her house before, especially since they've collaborated on projects in the past. 

I really, really can't stand Sierra. Really. 

These people don't have a creative bone in their collective bodies. This is why education is important, people! There might be some latent creativity in one of them, maybe even with Jinger and her photography, but she needs some instruction from a professional, and I don't mean a peer who shoots fundie weddings. Because frankly, I could do what she does, and I just have a crappy point and shoot. 

• Love 8

Can the tree house storyline just die ffs? It's so tedious.

Jessa is insufferable. Bin must get so tired of being corrected over every stupid, minor petty detail. Jessa also needs to hack a foot off her hair, you can barely see her face in all that mess.

Joy and Sierra didn't totally annoy me only because it was nice to see Joy having fun with a non-Duggar.

• Love 3

The producer who asks the questions in the THs is a one trick pony.  Always asking about love life possibilites although he is kind of stuck because they have no other futures.  

JD did say he had some independent income or something, and on the Willis show did say he had a gal in mind for himself.  Way to go JD.

I don't recall seeing any commercials, only the previews of other TLC shows.  The Duggar money is going to dry up if TLC can't get advertisers on board.  

I am sick to death of the baby themes.  The announcement of pregnancy, the gender reveal, the showers, the births, the dealing with the baby right after it arrives.  And since all these people do is breed, there is adequate although too boring possibilities of events.  Beginning with the courting, engagement, wedding, honeymoon, parties.  Puke.

• Love 9

Oh give me a break, a preview scene for next week's episode shows the girls worrying because they can't contact Jill via Skype. Followed by a TH mentioning how "dangerous" it is where Jill and Derrick are living. The producers literally have NOTHING to film. It's the same themes, same interviews, same events. There's no way this show can last beyond a season or two.

• Love 7
(edited)

Micks, I posted the entire JD interview above. He said he did NOT have anybody right now, but he is "praying about it." Then, he threw out the "KEEP WATCHING" hook for the leghumpers. However, everything he said indicated that he is not courting, or even "getting to know" anyone at the moment. 

It's much ado about nothing. Jinger is probably the next person in that family who will fail to launch with a mate.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Holly, the cookie lady, kept giggling and I honestly thought she sounded drunk.

Jer or Jed said that in the Duggar house, a wrench is also used as a hammer!!?

During the hunt for Jenni's glasses, the camera would pan out every single time a kid would go to open a cupboard, or drawer, or door. The tiny, tiny glimses I did catch showed disorganized clutter.

Jill's kitchen counters were, again, cluttered with bananas, plastic crap and a whole heap of junk!

Kristen's husband was beyond nervous to be on TV. He also reminded me of JB. At least he met his wife in a business class, so at least she is educated.

Joy's many TH's honestly sounded like she is reading her lines from a placard in the distance.

Jenny's glasses obviously need to have the lenses rechecked for calibration. The child cannot see WITH her glasses on. No wonder she hid them.

JD hires himself out a bit for his heavy machinery skills and says he is mostly self-supporting and has his own place. Well, JD, you are 26, and it's not like you've spent the past 4-5 years away at college. My 26 daughter has been fully self supporting for 5 years.

Joy talks in a very bossy manner, but at least she is real vs fake-acting.

The missioncationing group again walked the SAME dangerous path in flip-flops, of course. Jana reminds us of the dangers in CA.

PLEASE, No More Baby Showers!!!!!!!

• Love 7

If JD, indeed has his own place, I hope that he comes home there after a day of whatever he does do and downs a few brewskis and plays Call of Duty or some other MMRPG and enjoys life away from Duggarville.

• Love 10