Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD Spoilers

Chas411
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I feel if she was actually leaving they'd give her a better send off... Haven't they already done this storyline with her in the season two finale.

Edited by Chas411
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I feel if she was actually leaving they'd give her a better send off...

Not if it was unexpected and due to "creative differences".

Haven't they already done this storyline with her in the season two finale.

They did, of sorts, though it was her who quit then. So, either they're really uncreative or they needed a quick way out for her.

Not saying it's happening, just pointing out why it could. :-)

Also, don't forget that there's a new showrunner and Brandt is also leaving Fire. Maybe it's harmless, or maybe something is going on behind the scenes. Experiences with other shows have left me suspicious of so many changes happening at the same time.

Edited by CheshireCat
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Fingers crossed she's not going but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I definetly feel it would have leaked by now though.

Maybe. Maybe not. Sometimes it's hard to tell and many shows have managed to keep secret what they really wanted to keep secret.

That said, I don't even know where the rumors are coming from, so they might have come from a fan freaking out  over a comment that was totally unrelated or something. In this social media day and age, who knows.

Edited by CheshireCat

The only place I've heard about these rumours are this thread. I haven't seen them on any other media thread or forum. I haven't even seen anything on Twitter about it.

56 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

The only place I've heard about these rumours are this thread. I haven't seen them on any other media thread or forum. I haven't even seen anything on Twitter about it.

Same.

7 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I read something on Twitter, so I definitely hope it's not true. Sophia was getting her apartment renovated in Chicago; I kind of think she wouldn't do that if she was leaving the show?

Interview with Spiridakos. It doesn't contain major spoilers, it's more about her character but I posted it here just to be on the safe side. Sounds like they plan to make her story a priority over other characters' stories. I'm not really surprised, they're probably trying to make those upset over Bush's exit excited about her. I'm not sure that's the way to go, though it's certainly common.

https://tvline.com/2017/09/21/chicago-pd-spoilers-season-5-upton-tracy-spiridakos-halstead/

Nowhere in the article said that Upton's story will take priority over the other characters. She was speaking about HER character and what is going on with her and judging from the press releases for 5.01 and 5.02, Antonio will have story (including his daughter hopefully) in 5x02 and Burgess in 5.03.

Edited by Elliebab
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Elliebab said:

Nowhere in the article said that Upton's story will take priority over the other characters. She was speaking about HER character and what is going on with her and judging from the press releases for 5.01 and 5.02, Antonio will have story (including his daughter hopefully) in 5x02 and Burgess in 5.03.

She did say that we're going to find out where her character comes from and why she became a police officer. I know why Lindsay and Halstead became police officers and where they come from. We know a little bit about where Burgess and Ruzek come from. The rest, not really. So, that sounds to me like Upton's story is taking priority over the others'.  (I'd really love to know why Atwater is caring for his sister and what's going on with Olinsky's family. So many unanswered questions there.)

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

She did say that we're going to find out where her character comes from and why she became a police officer. I know why Lindsay and Halstead became police officers and where they come from. We know a little bit about where Burgess and Ruzek come from. The rest, not really. So, that sounds to me like Upton's story is taking priority over the others'.  (I'd really love to know why Atwater is caring for his sister and what's going on with Olinsky's family. So many unanswered questions there.)

Actually, we already know that.  So that still could be only a 90 second explanation at Molly's one night when someone else says, "hey, what made you become a cop?" and then she fleshes out the story about her family restaurant being robbed and meeting Platt.  It doesn't have to dominate the overall storyline.  

I agree that I want to know much more about Atwater.

• Love 2

Zach Appelman has been cast to play Burgess' new boyfriend and Squerciati comments that she has the feeling that they're getting serious. https://tvline.com/2017/10/06/chicago-pd-casts-zach-appelman-burgess-boyfriend-season-5/

I'd say I'm happy for Burgess and hope that Squerciati is right (because I think TV characters deserve happiness, too, and it would be a welcome change) but given the show's track record, I doubt that it'll last.

• Love 1

With the exception of Severide (Fire) and April (med) i don't think any of the crossover couples have worked. It always comes off as clunky and unnatural - just being done for the sake of a crossover!pairing!! 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Chas411 said:

With the exception of Severide (Fire) and April (med) i don't think any of the crossover couples have worked. It always comes off as clunky and unnatural - just being done for the sake of a crossover!pairing!! 

Hmm...she broke off her engagement and he’s single now so maybe they can revisit this. But only if it’s gonna be serious and they end up married or something. Maybe further down the road. I liked them together.

On 10/8/2017 at 1:26 AM, doLLish said:

From what I've read, the main reason they don't do many crossover couples is because of scheduling conflicts - that was the reason the Severide/Lindsay pairing was dropped.

• Love 1

Apparently, Olinsky is really dead. https://tvline.com/2018/05/09/chicago-pd-recap-season-5-finale-alvin-olinsky-dies/

I think that Eid says that Voight's actions should cost him something and that it had to be the death of a friend shows how little Eid understands the characters. Yes, it's about this particular story and yes, Voight is a shady cop. But the man has lost his wife to cancer, found out that the doctor who treated his wife was a crook and might have treated her incorrectly, he lost his son, his daughter-in-law took his grandson out of state and his surrogate daughter moved to NY where she went undercover which isn't without danger plus makes it hard for them to get in touch. He also had to watch his surrogate daughter go through the loss of a close friend and watch Olinsky go through the loss of his daughter who I would think Al knew fairly well, too. As bad as Voight is, if this man knows something it's loss. And now that he has lost Olisnky, too, I don't think anyone can blame him if he is sort of self-destructing. I mean, come on. Anyone has a breaking point.  

• Love 4
On 5/10/2018 at 12:02 AM, CheshireCat said:

Apparently, Olinsky is really dead. https://tvline.com/2018/05/09/chicago-pd-recap-season-5-finale-alvin-olinsky-dies/

I think that Eid says that Voight's actions should cost him something and that it had to be the death of a friend shows how little Eid understands the characters. Yes, it's about this particular story and yes, Voight is a shady cop. But the man has lost his wife to cancer, found out that the doctor who treated his wife was a crook and might have treated her incorrectly, he lost his son, his daughter-in-law took his grandson out of state and his surrogate daughter moved to NY where she went undercover which isn't without danger plus makes it hard for them to get in touch. He also had to watch his surrogate daughter go through the loss of a close friend and watch Olinsky go through the loss of his daughter who I would think Al knew fairly well, too. As bad as Voight is, if this man knows something it's loss. And now that he has lost Olisnky, too, I don't think anyone can blame him if he is sort of self-destructing. I mean, come on. Anyone has a breaking point.  

I think this is spot on...I mean, for heaven's sake, we saw Erin grieve and spiral after the death of Nadia, who may have been a friend, but at the end of the day, was still "just" a friend. Voight, on the other hand, has lost everyone he's ever loved (let's not forget his father, who was murdered when Voight was only 8; and we can presume his mother is also gone, though we don't know how and given Voight's history, it would stand to reason it may also have been untimely. )

Can I get any scoop about Chicago PD? —Carlynn

Ausiello: Are you wondering what Antonio told the higher-ups about Voight’s actions? Star Jon Seda knows the answer and offers up this tantalizing hint: “I’ll just say that Antonio always leans toward telling the truth than not. But the truth might be something that not everyone has seen yet.”

Source: TVLine

While I'm generally in favor of new characters and plot expansion, I must say I'm getting a bit tired of all these "Villains of the Season". We've already seen so many on this show! Is there no other kind of storyline??

• Love 5
9 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Dear Show: Could we please just have way more Trudy instead of giving all that screentime to Anne Heche?

Unfortunately, it's more "budget friendly" to have characters come and go than have regulars appear more often especially this late in a show.  

14 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

While I'm generally in favor of new characters and plot expansion, I must say I'm getting a bit tired of all these "Villains of the Season". We've already seen so many on this show! Is there no other kind of storyline??

Apparently not, It's in the OneChicago screenwriters contracts.

Please ensure Voight & Boden's jobs are under threat at least three times per season.

It's right under the paragraph that says that every police/fire person/paramedic who graces the screen and does not belong to Firehouse 51 or Intelligence must be fat/lazy/incompetent/belligerent/dirty

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Guildford said:

Apparently not, It's in the OneChicago screenwriters contracts.

Please ensure Voight & Boden's jobs are under threat at least three times per season.

It's right under the paragraph that says that every police/fire person/paramedic who graces the screen and does not belong to Firehouse 51 or Intelligence must be fat/lazy/incompetent/belligerent/dirty

And alongside every outside character who questions 51, Med, Intelligence must be outright evil with no realistic motive or obvious redeeming characters. No grey characters. They're just all evil.

• Love 4

What utter predictable shit this show has become. Every season someone comes in to try to take down Voight, and every season ends with Voight getting the upper hand. Between the predictability of the plots and the evil character of Voight, a fascist pig who routinely violates people’s rights, tortures them and sometimes kills them, being made out to be a hero, I don’t see how anyone can watch this show, morally repugnant and exceptionally predictable.

• Love 1

Any news about Chicago P.D.‘s Burgess and Ruzek?

How about just Burgess? Next Wednesday’s episode delves into the officer’s relationship with Anne Heche’s CPD Deputy Superintendent Katherine Brennan. “I see this strong woman who I emulate, who I want to become, and she sees that in me and uses it to her benefit,” Marina Squerciati, who plays Burgess, shares. “How it ends is quite interesting. I don’t know that Burgess is totally in the right. But I don’t know that Anne Heche’s character is either.”

https://tvline.com/2018/10/09/lucifer-season-4-spoilers-nudity-netflix/

Edited by Jaded
37 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Who can blame him? He got the short end of the stick for the past few seasons. This season drug arc was laughably bad....So since Rick Eid has been in charge he's killed Al, run Antonio into the ground & ignores Platt, has ridiculous villians storylines that drag on way too long & are utterly boring, has created what must be one of the #OneChicago's most hated 'romantic pairings.' & made Halstead as interesting as wet toast. .....Good job Buddy

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

My initial thought was Atwater/Burgess.

I'd say Atwater and the new chick...surely he wouldn't be dumb enough to piss off fans even more by hooking up Burgess with Kevin? Then, this is Eid we are talking about so it's possible.

Maybe Atwater & Upton hook up? 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Chas411 said:

No although him falling in love with her like Halstead and Ruzek wouldn’t shock me.

It'll be like Chicago Fire, where every man and his dog declared gabby their 'ultimate woman', even Mouch...We'll see Voight mooning over her soon enough.

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2020/05/chicago-pd-set-to-kill-off-pivotal-character/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0shgNfB96Vk5CLPGHWkk-9pA2T60D1zU-fK3UQJjmWmK0wrgB1sRDrA1Q

just moving this from the media thread so we’re free to speculate a bit more..

At this point I’ve no idea who they’d kill off as they’ve killed/gotten rid of all the older characters bar Hank who they’ll never get rid off and Trudy who i don’t think they’ll lose as she’s so minor now anyway.

• Love 1